If you have a TracFone and want to activate it without the hassle of buying an Airtime Card, then you can activate it without an Airtime card. In the following article, I discuss everything about activating a TracFone without an Airtime card.
Methods for Activating TracFone Without an Airtime Card
Activate Your TracFone Online Without Airtime Card
1. Activate A Phone That You Have Purchased From TracFone
You can activate a phone you have purchased from TracFone and you can do it without an airtime card. You need an internet connection and a TracFone SIM to do so. Here I mention the process step by step. Just carefully follow these steps and you will see that your Phone is activated without an airtime card.
If you purchase a phone from TracFone, have a TracFone SIM card and are ready to activate it then start by the following process:
- Step:1: Go to TracFone’s Official Website at: “tracfone.com“. Now click on Activate. It is in the blue bar at the top of the webpage.
- Step:2: Now you have to choose your option from three alternatives. Choose the Option “I have A TracFone Phone.” by clicking Continue below it.
- Step:3: Now you have to enter your new phone’s IMEI/MEID/ Serial number. You can find the number at the bottom of the red activation card.
- Step:4: Now you have to review the Terms and Conditions of TracFone and if you agree, then accept it. Check out the rules by clicking the Terms and Conditions Link. Then Check the box next to “ Do you accept TracFone’s Terms & Conditions?” and click Continue.
- Step:5: Now enter your Zip or Postal Code when prompted. Your provided Zip or postal code helps to decide TracFone where they activate your service.
- Step:6: Now it’s time to select a plan. Please select a plan and click Continue. ( The details of your plan appear next to the price of the plan). Remember, If you haven’t purchased a SIM, then you have to pay an extra $0.99 ( Plus tax and shipping) in addition to the price of the plan.
- Step:7: You have to pay for the plan( And\or SIM card) you have chosen. If you have already purchased a plan, enter the PIN. Follow the onscreen instructions and create your account. Now enter payment details and your personal details.
- Step:8: Follow on screen instructions and complete the process. If you already have your TracFone SIM and pay for the plan and activate the plan, you can use your Phone.
2. Activate A Non TracFone Phone without airtime card
If you bring your phone from another carrier, then follow the steps below to activate it on the TracFone without using Airtime card.
- Step:1: First go to the following Link: get.tracfone.com/bring-your-own-phone.
- Step:2: On the left side of the page, you will get the option: “ Activate your phone with TracFone”. Click “ Get Started’ below it.
- Step:3: Now Click “Select” under your existing carrier. Your phone can be from AT&T, T-Mobile or Verizon . Select the correct carrier. Now Click Continue.
- Step:4: Follow the onscreen instructions for your provider: If you selected T-Mobile or AT&T: If you have already bought a TracFone SIM card, then enter the number printed on the SIM card into the “ Yes, I already have one” blank and click Continue. If you haven’t bought a TracFone SIM card, then enter your ZIP Code into the blank below “I need to purchase one” and click Buy A SIM Card. If you selected Verizon as your existing carrier, then enter your phone’s IMEI number into the blank and click CONTINUE. You can find the IMEI by dialing *#06#.
- Step:5: Now select a plan and click Continue. You can find the details of each plan next to its price. If you haven’t yet purchased a SIM card, you’ll be charged $0.99 (plus tax and shipping) in addition to the price of the plan.
- Step:6: Now you have to pay for the plan and the SIM (If necessary). Create an account , enter the payment details and give some personal details during this process.
- Step:7: Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the activation process. If you already have your TracFone SIM, you can start using your new service as soon as you pay for and activate your plan.
3. Activate A New TracFone That You Have Purchased From TracFone And Want To Keep Your Old Phone Number
If you want to buy a new phone from TracFone and want to keep your existing number then you can easily activate without airtime card it using the following process.
- Step 1: Go to the TracFone website at: “tracfone.com“.
- Step 2: Now, navigate to the activation page by clicking on “Activate”.
- Step 3: Next, select “New Phone”. After selection, click on “Activate”.
- Step 4: Now, on the next page, select “I want to keep my number” and enter your phone number.
- Step 5: Enter your device’s information, such as your phone’s IMEI number or serial number.
- Step 6: Read Terms and Conditions. If you agree, accept it. Then follow the onscreen instructions and complete the process.
4. Activate Your Phone And Keep Old Number From A Non TracFone Provider
If you like to bring your own phone and also keep the old number associated with this phone, and want to activate it on TracFone without buying Airtime card, then you may follow the process below:.
- Step 1: First, go to the TracFone website at: “tracfone.com“.
- Step 2: Now, click on ‘activate’ to navigate to the activation page.
- Step 3: Next, select “Keep your own phone” and tap on ‘activate’.
- Step 4: On the next page, you have to select “I want to keep my number” and after that enter your phone number that you want to keep.
- Step 5: Now, enter your device’s information, such as your phone’s IMEI number or serial number.
- Step 6: Accept ‘Terms and Conditions’ , if you agree. Then follow the onscreen instructions and complete the process.
Activate Your TracFone Offline Without Airtime Card (Through Customer Care)
If you don’t have an internet Connection, you can also activate your TracFone phone without airtime card by contacting their customer care at : 800-867-7183.
When you activate the phone with the help of customer care, you must have it with you. You cannot activate the phone remotely, though you try it with the help of customer care.
You need the phone set’s serial number to activate the service. You may find the number at the back of your TracFone device or under the battery.
After providing necessary information, customer care of TracFone will activate your phone without airtime card for you.
How Do You Know Your TracFone Is Successfully Activated
You can be confirmed in some ways that your TracFone is Successfully activated. The ways are mentioned below:
- If your TracFone is successfully activated, then you will receive a confirmation message from TracFone. The message will be sent to the email address or phone number that you provided during the activation process.
- If your phone is activated, then you can make and receive phone calls and text messages. So , if you can make and receive phone calls and text messages, then be sure that your phone is activated.
- You may call TracFone Customer care and check your account status. If your account status is “Active” , then you can be sure that your TracFone is successfully activated.
How To Solve Activation Problem While Activating Your TracFone
- Make sure that you have entered your phone’s IMEI/MEID/Serial Number correctly: For a seamless activation you must enter the correct IMEI, MEID, or Serial number. If you enter the wrong number, then your phone will not be activated.
- Ensure SIM card Installation is successful: Make sure that you properly install your SIM. Check the SIM and also the SIM slot carefully if there is any damage. If everything is ok, then try the process again.
- Find out the problem Specifically: It’s the SIM or the Phone Cause The Trouble: You can use another SIM to your phone. If this SIM works fine, then the problem is probably in your TracFone SIM. Similarly you can use your TracFone SIM to another device. If it is activated and works fine on that device, then the problem is probably in your phone. So, find specifically if the problem is in your phone or in the SIM card, and solve the problem.
- Contact TracFone customer support for assistance: You can contact TracFone customer support by calling 1-800-867-7183. The customer support representative will try to solve your problem and activate your phone. So , you can take help from customer support.
- Last Solution: Set Factory Reset: If all the efforts are proved fruitless, then you can take the last and final step. It is the Factory Reset. But before proceeding you must know that all your data and everything will be deleted when you set factory reset. Your phone will go to the condition when it is manufactured. So, be careful and if you have no other option in hand, then think of factory reset.
How Do You Add Airtime After Activating Your TracFone
There are few ways to add airtime to your TracFone after activate without airtime card:
- You can add Airtime online: Go to TracFone’s website and sign in to your account. Under the Airtime tab, select the amount of Airtime you want to add and pay with a credit or debit card.
- You can call customer care at : 1-800-867-7183 and tell them that you want to add Airtime. You may pay for it with a credit or debit card.
- TracFone Airtime card is sold in many retailers, including Walmart, Target, Walgreens, etc. You have to scratch off the PIN on the back of the card and enter it into the phone.
We come to the end of the article. From the above discussion we come to the decision that we can use a new phone, keep our existing phone, or keep our old phone number and activate our TracFone without buying a Airtime card. You can follow these processes to activate your TracFone also.