In this modern world, a connected device, like a tablet, is a part and parcel of our daily life. Sometimes these tablets are damaged, malfunctioned, lost, or stolen in many ways. In some situations, it is possible to get a replacement for these tablets. What are the conditions, What facilities we get from the manufacturer or provider, is a million dollar question.
In the following article, I cover everything about Replacement of Government aided BLU tablets, from their replacement policy to the activation of the replacement tablet. If you are interested, come with me and reveal all replacement facts of BLU tablets.
Steps For The Replacement of a BLU Tablet From Government
Eligible participants may request a replacement tablet within 15 days from the receiving date if the BLU tablet has manufacturing defects. They should contact the provider and report the issue with the tablet. The service provider then decides if the person is eligible for a replacement tablet and if eligible then the service provider will initiate the process of sending a replacement tablet.
Here are the steps on how to replace a BLU government free Tablet from a provider under the Affordable Connectivity Program:
- Step:1: Contact your service provider : First, contact the service provider, from which you have got the government BLU Tablet. You can get their contact information from their website. You have to provide them with your name, account number, and the serial number of the tablet.
- Step:2: Report the issue with your table: Try to be as specific as possible when describing the issue with the tablet. This helps the service provider to determine if the tablet is eligible for a replacement or not.
- Step:3: Initiate the replacement process: Once the service provider has determined that your tablet is eligible for a replacement, they will initiate the replacement process and send you a replacement tablet. The provider can ship the tablet to your address or you can pick it up at a retail location.
- Step:4: Return the defective tablet: Once you have received the replacement tablet, you will need to return the defective tablet to your service provider. In that case, the service provider will provide you with instructions on how to return the defective tablet.
Remember that you may pay a replacement fee and also need to transfer your data from your old tablet to the new one.
BLU Tablet Government Tablet Replacement Policy
BLU tablets come with one year of manufacturer warranty. You get this warranty for the first year of purchase. As you get the tablet through the government, you don’t need to purchase it, but get the warranty. It is very important to know about their replacement policy. Your tablet can be damaged , malfunctioned, lost , or stolen . So, you should know in every situation, what would be their replacement policy, what service you get from them, and what would be your role in these situations.
BLU’s (manufacturer) Replacement Policy
- The company’s limited warranty does not cover the following types of defects, damages, and incidents:
- If the defect or damage of the tablet and its accessories resulting from-accident, misuse, abnormal conditions, improper storage, exposure to liquid, moisture, dampness, sand or dirt, neglect, or unusual physical, electrical, or electromechanical stress.
- Any scratches, dents, and cosmetic damage that is occurred by the user.
- Defect or damage by excessive force, or use of metallic objects pressing on the touch screen.
- If the equipment’s serial number, or the enhancement data code is removed, defaced, damaged, altered, or made illegible.
- Ordinary wear or tear.
- Damage resulting from improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, or adjustment that is not approved by BLU Smartphones.
- Damage from external causes, such as Collision with an object, fire, flood, windstorm, lightning, earthquake, exposure to weather conditions, or improper use of the equipment in any electrical source.
- damage resulting from Cellular signal reception, transmission of signal, viruses, or other software problems.
- Product used or purchased outside the United States.
- The BLU tablet battery is under warranty for the first six months of use. But you get the warranty if:
- Battery capacity falls below 80% of rated capacity or if the battery leaks.
- The warranty void if:
- The battery has been charged by a battery charger not approved by BLU Smartphones for charging the battery.
- Any of the seals on the battery are broken or show evidence of tampering.
- The battery has been used in equipment other than the BLU Smartphones device for which it is specified.
- Other Conditions:
- If you return the product in accordance with the terms of the limited warranty within the warranty period, then BLU will replace or repair the product free of cost.
- All the repaired/replaced products will be warranted for a period equal to the remainder of the original limited warranty on the original products or for ninety days, whichever is longer.
- If BLU Smartphones determines that any products are not covered by the limited warranty, then you must pay the price of all parts, shipping and labor charges for the repair or return of such products.
- You should keep a backup copy of any content of the products before delivering the products to BLU for warranty service, as some or all of the content may be deleted or reformatted during the warranty service. BLU will not be responsible for loss of data before, during, or after warranty service.
- To get service under the warranty, you must return the products to an authorized service facility. You must ship it in an adequate container, with the serial number/ IMEI of the products and sales receipt or comparable proof of sale that shows the original date of purchase and the seller’s name and address.
Your Service Provider’s Policy For Blu Tablet Government Tablet Replacement
You may get a replacement for your tablet from ACP service providers also. Actually different service providers have different replacement policies. So, you need to contact your respective provider to know about their tablet replacement policy.
Most of the providers will replace your government BLU tablet within 15 days from the delivery date, if the tablet is defective.
You may get the same model or a different model with almost the same specifications as replacement for your original tablet.
Tablet Models You Can Expect From Your Provider As Replacement For Your BLU Government Tablet
You may get or may not get the same BLU model. You may get a different model with almost the same specifications. Here are some of the BLU tablet government tablet models that you can get once you request for a tablet replacement:
- Blu M8L
- Blu M8L Plus
- Blu M10L Pro
- Blu Touch Book 7.0 Lite
Things You Should Know About The Replacement of Your Government BLU Tablet
If your BLU tablet government tablet is damaged, then you may want to get a replacement for it under the replacement policies of the manufacturer and the provider. The problems you usually face are:
- If your tablet has manufacturing Fault: Your tablet may have manufacturing fault and for this reason your tablet may malfunction. If your BLU tablet comes with a manufacturing fault and malfunctions, then the manufacturer company will replace it for you within the first year of receipt.
- If your Tablet is damaged: If you damage your tablet by any means , say, you drop it, break it, spill something on it, expose it to fire or liquid, and do defect or damage by your own or by misuse, then for these causes you do not get a replacement.
- If Your Tablet Is Lost: If you lost your tablet, then you get no replacement from the manufacturer and the provider. After you inform the office about it, then they will temporarily suspend your account , so that no miscreant can use it for any dishonest purpose. If you find the tablet and report it to the office then they will open your account again and if you don’t find the tablet, then they permanently suspend your account.
- If Your Tablet Is Stolen: If your tablet is stolen, then you do not get a replacement for it. The manufacturer company and the provider do not allow a replacement for a stolen item. But if your tablet is stolen , then immediately contact the provider’s customer care so that they can suspend your account temporarily and prevent any unauthorized use of data and minutes. If you can retrieve your tablet, then contact the customer care. They will open the account again for you.
- If You Want More New Features : You may want to enjoy new features of the latest tablet. So, you may want to upgrade to the latest model of your tablet. You will be happy to know that almost all providers allow the upgrade of provided tablets. But remember, you have to pay an amount as an upgrade fee to get this service.
Activation Process of The Replaced BLU Government Tablet
You can activate your replaced BLU government tablet by the activation of a SIM card or you can activate it by using your Google account. The processes are described below:
Activation Using a SIM Card
You can activate your BLU government tablet using a SIM card. You may use any carrier’s SIM card if your BLU tablet supports it and if your tablet is carrier unlocked.
To activate the SIM, first turn off the tablet, wait for a few seconds and turn it on again. Your tablet will be activated automatically. But if the tablet is not activated automatically, then you have to enter the SIM activation code , which you have received with the SIM. After entering the code, you will see that the activation process starts.
Here in short I mention the SIM activation process.
- First, you need to turn your tablet on.
- From the welcome screen, choose your language and region .
- If you have a wifi connection, then select it, enter the password and connect to the network.
- When connected, tap “Set Up Manually”.
- Now , tap “SIM Card”.
- Now enter the following information: Your SIM Card Number, PIN, PUK, Carrier name, APN, etc.
- You can create a password for your tablet if you like.
- Now, tap “Next”.
- Your tablet will be activated within a few minutes.
If you cannot activate the SIM by yourself for any reason, then you may contact the customer care of the provider to activate the SIM for you.
Activation By Google Account
You can activate your BLU government tablet using your Google account. The process is given below:
- Power on the tablet: Turn on the tablet by pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds. Then, follow the on screen instructions.
- Connect to Wi-Fi: If you have a Wifi connection, select the network, enter the password, and connect to the network.
- Set up your Google Account: Now you have to sign up or sign in to your Google account. Create an account, if you don’t have one.
- Complete the setup wizard: Now complete the setup process of your BLU government free tablet. For this, the steps are: Accept terms and conditions of google, set up preferred language, and personalize various settings.
- Install necessary updates: You have to install necessary updates. These updates include bug fixes, security patches, and also many new features.
- Download and install Apps: Now, you can download any apps you like from Google Play Store. Download your preferred apps and enjoy all the awesome features of the tablet.
You may get a whole year’s warranty from BLU if the tablet is defective , or malfunctions automatically. The replacement of the tablet assures that if the problem is not from your side, then you will get a fully functional tablet for free of cost. If your BLU tablet government tablet has such problems, don’t get worried, feel free to apply for a replacement.