EveryoneOn is a non-profit organization that serves the society by connecting people to the internet and distributing the tablet, computers, etc. for free among eligible persons under government programs. In this article I cover everything about the contribution of EveryoneOn to the Affordable Connectivity Program and its role in bridging the digital divide in our country.
Steps To Get Free Government Tablets From EveryoneOn Under The ACP
- Check your eligibility for the Affordable connectivity Program.
- Collect necessary documents as proof of your eligibility.
- Now go to EveryoneOn’s website at: “everyoneon.org“.
- Navigate to ‘Find Low-Cost Offer’ and tap.
- Start your application process by entering your ZIP Code.
- Fill up the application form and the household worksheet properly.
- Submit your application and household worksheet with other necessary papers.
- Wait for approval.
- If your application is approved, then you get a free government tablet with other ACP benefits from EveryoneOn.
Steps To Apply For A Free Government Tablet From EveryoneOn
You can apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program directly from the ACP Website or you can apply through EveryoneOn to get a free government tablet. The processes are described below:
- Go to “affordableconnectivity.gov“. Then go to the ‘How To Apply’ menu and choose ‘ How To Apply’.
- Now watch the video clip to get a clear view of how you can apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Now navigate to the Apply section and click on ‘Apply Now’.
- A new page will open. This is the online application page. Read and fill it up carefully .
- Tap ‘next’ to proceed. Thus complete the application.
- Steps: (Via Mail):
- Go to the following link: “affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply“.
- Now navigate to the subsection ’Mail’ under the section ‘Apply’.
- Now Download and print the application form in English or Spanish as you need. And also download and print the Household Worksheet In English or Spanish as you need.
- Now complete the Application Form and the Household Worksheet and send these with the photocopies of all other documents to the following address: ACP Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
- Steps( Via EveryoneOn):
- Go to the Official website of EveryoneOn At: “everyoneon.org“
- Now Click on “Find Low-cost Offer” under the section “ Find Low-cost Internet And Computers In Your Area”.
- Now enter your ZIP Code in the blank space and click on “ Find Internet And Computer Offers”.
- Now proceed to complete the process.
Requirements To Submit Your Application For Free Tablets From EveryoneOn Under The ACP
Some eligibility criteria is required to apply for the ACP Program to get Free Government Tablet From EveryoneOn. You also need to submit proof documents of your eligibility. In the following section, I discuss all these requirements.
Eligibility To Get A Free Government Tablet From EveryoneOn
An American citizen who is at least 18 years old and fulfills some specific eligibility criteria is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program. We can determine the eligibility for the ACP in two ways. We can determine it according to the annual income of a household, or we can determine it according to a citizen’s participation in certain government assistance programs.
In the following section I discuss these two types of eligibility.
- Income Based Eligibility: If you or your household annually earn an amount that is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, then you or the household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Program Participation based Eligibility: You or anyone of your household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program, if you or the person of the household participates or takes benefits from any of the following government assistance programs:
- Supplemental Security Income.
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (including Section 8, Project-Based Rental Assistance, Public Housing, and more).
- Veterans Or Survivors Pension Benefit.
- Receiving a federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
- Free and Reduced Price School Lunch or Breakfast Program including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision schools.
- Tribal Specific Programs: Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance.
- Tribal Head Start (with income qualifying standard).
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF).
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations ( FDPIR).
Documents To Be Submitted To Get A Free Government Tablet From EveryoneOn
You have to submit proof documents of your eligibility for the Affordable Connectivity Program to get Free Government Tablet From EveryoneOn. In the following section I discuss the necessary documents.
- Documents to verify identity: Your identity verification is required to ensure that you are the correct person to get ACP benefits.
- Documents: A Driver’s license, Passport, or Birth Certificate.
- Documents to verify Age/Emancipation Status: An ACP applicant must be 18 years old or above. An applicant under 18 years of age must be an emancipated minor. If you are an emancipated minor then you must submit court documents that prove your emancipation status.
- Documents: A valid ID, Passport, Birth certificate, or Emancipation certificate.
- Documents to verify Address: Address verification is required to ensure that the ACP benefits reach the correct person. For the verification of your address, you must submit a document that contains your full name, your physical address, etc.
- Documents: A valid ID, Driver’s license, Utility bill, or a Recent mortgage or lease statement, W-2, or Tax return.
- Documents to prove your Income: Submit a document that proves your income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Documents: A prior year’s State, Federal, or Tribal tax return, Current income statement from your employer, Paycheck stub, Social Security statement of benefits, or Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits.
- Documents to prove your participation in certain government programs: Submit a document that proves you have participated in a certain government assistance Program. The document must contain your full name, the program’s name in which you have participated, the document issuing institution’s name, and a valid date.
- Documents: Approval letters, Benefit award letters, Benefit verification letters, or Benefit statements.
You have to submit documents to prove that you are alive and also prove your social security number.
Do not submit the original papers, instead submit photocopies. Because your submitted papers are unreturnable.
How to Check EveryoneOn Free Government Tablet Application Status
On EveryoneOn website (everyoneon.org), we cannot find any option to check free government tablet ACP application Status. You may contact their customer service to inquire about your ACP free government tablet application Status. And also ask them if they have any process for their clients to check the ACP application Status.
Type Of Government Free Tablet You Can Get From EveryoneOn
No provider reveals the tablet brands and models before it is given to their clients. So it is difficult to say which tablet brand and model you will get from EveryoneOn. But we can make you know some common tablets that are given through most of the providers under the ACP Program. A list of tablets is given below:
- Lenovo Tablets.
- Samsung Tablets.
- Amazon Fire Tablets.
- Apple iPads.
- Sky Devices Tablets.
- Other entry-level brands.
Process To Activate Free Tablet You Get From EveryoneOn under the Government
You can activate the government free tablet that you get from EveryoneOn through your Google account. The process is given below:
- Unbox the tablet: Unbox the tablet and check if all the accessories such as charging cables and power adapters are present.
- Power on the tablet: Now, press and hold the power button for a few seconds. This will power on the tablet.
- Connect to Wi-Fi Network: The activation process requires an internet connection. If you have a wifi connection, then be connected to the network.
- Set up your Google Account: To use all the features of the tablet, you need to sign in to a Google account. If you do not have an account then create an account.
- Complete the setup wizard: Now , complete the setup by following the on-screen instructions. This step includes accepting terms and conditions of Google, setting up your preferred language, and personalizing various settings.
- Install necessary updates: When the setup process is completed, you need to check for updates of the software. The updates include important bug fixes, security patches, and new features. To update the software , go to settings menu, choose the option “Software Update” to update the software.
- Download and install Apps: You can download and install apps from Google Play Store. You can update the existing apps, too. Now customize your tablet as you like and enjoy all the features of the tablet.
Other Benefits You Can Get With Your Free Government Tablet From EveryoneOn
You will get a $30 discount ( For Non Tribal Residents) and $75 discount ( For Tribal Residents) on your monthly internet bill and get a one time discount of up to $100 on purchasing a device, like a computer or tablet with only copay of more than $10 and less than $50.