Frontier Communications comes with the facility to provide high speed internet at a very cheap price or free through the affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). If you are a low-income person and eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program, you can apply for the program and if you are approved then you can get free or cheap rated high-speed internet from Frontier Communications.
To start the application process, your first duty is to check if you are eligible for the program. Then you need to submit proof documents of your eligibility. After that you can apply for the program, and your approval is the key to get high speed internet for free. The whole process is discussed in the upcoming sections.
Frontier Communications ACP Program Eligibility
You can be eligible for the Frontier Communications Affordable Connectivity Program in two ways. These are: Income based eligibility and Program Participation based eligibility. In the upcoming section, we discuss these two types of eligibility for the Frontier Communications ACP.
- Income Based Eligibility: If your or your household’s annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, then you or your household is eligible for the program.
- Participation based Eligibility: If you or any member of your household takes part or gets benefits from any of the following government assistance programs, then you or the member of your household is eligible for the program. The government assistance programs are as follows:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA).
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program
- Receiving a Federal Pell Grant Award in the current award year.
- Households located on qualifying Tribal lands may also qualify based on participation in one of the following Tribal assistance programs:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR).
If any US citizen has one of the above-mentioned eligibilities (Income based or Program Participation Based Eligibility), then he/she will be eligible for the Frontier Communications ACP Program.
What Documents Should You Attached to Prove Your Eligibility for Frontier Communications ACP Program
You have to submit some documents in support of your eligibility for the Frontier Communications ACP. These documents will show your income status, age, emancipation status, Program participation status, your identity, address, proof that you are alive and also proof of your Social Security Number.
- Documents to verify identity: Verification of your identity is very important. It is essential to ensure that genuine persons are participating in the program. For the proper verification of your identity, you have to submit the following documents.
- Documents: A driver’s license, Passport, or Birth certificate.
- Documents to verify Age/Emancipation Status: To apply for the Frontier Communications ACP, you must be 18 years old or over. If you are under 18 and want to participate in the program, then you must be an emancipated minor and submit documents in support of your emancipation status.
- Documents: A valid ID, Passport, Birth certificate, or Emancipation certificate.
- Documents to verify Address: For verification of your address, submit a document that contains your full name and physical address. Address verification is important to ensure that the ACP benefits reach the correct destination.
- Documents: A valid ID, Driver’s license, Utility bill, or a Recent mortgage or lease statement, W-2, or Tax return.
- Documents to prove your Income: You have to submit a document that proves your income. The document should prove that your income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Documents: A prior year’s State, Federal, or Tribal tax return, Current income statement from your employer, Paycheck stub, Social Security statement of benefits, or Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits.
- Documents to prove your participation in certain government programs: To prove that you have participated in any of certain government programs, you have to submit a document. This document may contain your full name, the program’s name in which you have participated, the document issuing institution’s name, and a valid date.
- Documents: Approval letters, benefit award letters, benefit verification letters, or benefit statements.
Don’t forget to submit a document that mentions your social security number. Also submit a document that proves you are a living person.
How To Apply for The Frontier Communications ACP Program
You can apply for the Frontier Communications ACP in the following ways.
- Via mail
- Via a provider, like Frontier Communications.
You can apply online for the Affordable Connectivity Program in the following process:
- Go to the ACP website at: “getinternet.gov/apply?ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D”
- Click on the “Apply ” button.
- Sign in to your account. If you don’t have an account, create one.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions and complete the application process.
- Upload eligibility documents.
- Submit your application.
- The FCC will review your application and send a confirmation email to you mentioning if you are approved for the program or not.
- If your application is approved, you will get a monthly discount of $30 (For Non Tribal Residents) and $75 (For Tribal Residents) on your internet service.
You can apply via mail in the following way.
- Download the application form and the household worksheet from the following website: “getinternet.gov/apply?ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D” and take print out.
- Complete the application form and the household worksheet.
- Prepare eligibility documents to submit.
- Send the application form and the household worksheet, along with all other documents to the following address: ACP Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
- The FCC will review your application and send a confirmation email mentioning if you are approved or denied for the program.
- If your application is approved you will get a discount of $30 (For NonTribal Residents) and $75 (For Tribal Residents) on the monthly internet service.
Via A Provider (Frontier Communications)
You can apply through Frontier Communications for The Affordable Connectivity program.
Go to the link: “ftr.acpverifier.com/?page=1&company=frontier&testorlive=l” Click on any of the following short form of government Assistance Programs:
- MEDICAID, SNAP, SSI, INCOME, or VPSBP.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to complete your application.
Process To Check Frontier Communications ACP Program Application Status
To check the status of your Frontier Communications Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) application, you can:
- Check the status through Your ACP Account: Go to https://acpbenefit.org and sign in to your account. If you don’t have an account then create an account. Enter the username and the password to log in to your account. Click on “Check My Application Status”. You will be able to see the status of your application on your dashboard.
- Check the status through ACP Support Centre: You can contact ACP Support Centre and know your application status.
- You can send email: [email protected]
- You can call: (877) 384-2575.
- Check the status through Frontier’s Customer support: Call frontier customer support at 1-800-921-8106. Provide them with necessary information and they will be able to check the status of your application and answer any questions you have.
What Internet Plans Are Available Through the Frontier Communications ACP Program
With Frontier Communications, you get High Speed Internet at a very cheap price through participation in the affordable Connectivity Program. Here we simply present their internet plans.
|Internet Plans||Monthly Current Price||Monthly ACP Credit||Monthly Payment|
|Frontier Essentials Internet||$29.99||-$29.99||$0|
|Fiber 1 Gig||$59.99||-$30.00||$29.99|
|Fiber 2 Gig||$99.99||-$30.00||$69.99|
|Fiber 5 Gig||$154.99||-$30.00||$124.99|
Benefits Of the Frontier Communications ACP Program
The Frontier Communications ACP Program offers a number of benefits to eligible individuals and households, including:
- Reduced internet costs: Frontier Communications reduce the internet costs and also make high speed internet affordable to low-income people through Affordable Connectivity Program. Qualifying individuals and households can receive a monthly discount of $30 (For Non Tribal Residents) or $75 (For Tribal land Residents) on Frontier internet service. This can make high-speed internet more affordable for low-income families.
- Access to high-speed internet: Frontier Communications ensures high speed internet for low-income people. They offer a variety of high-speed internet packages, including superfast fiber optic internet. Now with the combined help of Frontier Communications and the Affordable Connectivity Program, low-income eligible households and individuals can access the online resources they need for work, school, and healthcare with a greater internet speed.
- No contracts: Now the low-income people are not bound to make any contract to use the internet service of Frontier Communications. They can cancel their service any time they want without any penalty or early termination fee.
- Easy enrollment: Now low-income people can apply online, via mail, or via a provider, like Frontier Communications. Of these three processes, applying through Frontier Communications is the easiest. You just visit their office. Fill up the application form, and submit necessary documents. The rest of the task will be done by their customer care.
You can be benefitted in many ways in your daily life using Frontier Communications internet. If you are a small family with two children, you can use this internet to prepare school assignments, homework, and many other educational purposes. If you are a senior person, you can use video conferencing tools to meet your friends and family online. You can use telemedicine services using the frontier communications internet. If you are a person with a small business, you can now easily afford a high-speed internet that is essential to run your business smoothly. Not only that, you can access entertainment facilities using this internet service. You may watch movies, listen to music, participate in talk shows or any other programs using Frontier Communications’ high-speed internet.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to get approved for the Frontier Communications ACP Program?
It usually takes a few days to get approved for the Frontier Communications ACP Program. Once you submit your application, Frontier Communications will verify your application, eligibility, and other documents with the Federal Government. If you are approved then Frontier will contact you to let you know of it.
What is the duration of the Frontier Communications ACP Program?
The duration of the Frontier Communications ACP Program is uncertain. The Affordable Connectivity program is funded by the federal government, and the funding is subject to annual appropriation. The program is designed to be a long-term solution for affordable internet access. Frontier is also committed to provide its service to its clients as long as it is funded. Frontier will notify its participating members if the program is scheduled to end.
Are there any fees associated with enrolling in the Frontier Communications ACP Program?
There are no fees associated with enrolling in the Frontier Communications ACP Program. The program is completely free for eligible households.
What happens if I stop meeting the eligibility requirements for the Frontier Communications ACP Program?
If you stop meeting the eligibility requirements for the Frontier Communications ACP Program, you will no longer be eligible to receive the monthly credit on your internet service. However, you will still be able to use Frontier internet service, and you will be billed at the regular rate.
If you are no longer eligible for the ACP Program, then you should contact Frontier customer service and notify them about it.
How long does it take to get a connection to the Internet after the Frontier Communications application is approved?
The time it takes to get a connection to the internet after the Frontier Communications application is approved may vary depending on some factors, including:
- The type of internet service you are ordering (e.g., DSL, cable, fiber optic).
- The availability of Frontier Communications service in your area.
- The workload of the internet service provider (ISP).
If you have more questions about the Frontier Communications ACP Program. Whom do you contact?
You can contact a customer care agent of Frontier Communications. Here is given the contact information of Frontier Communications:
- Technical support:
- Available 24/7
- Pay by phone:
- Available 24/7
- Product sales:
- 1-855-262-6485:Mon – Fri: 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. ET
- Sat – Sun: 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. ET
- 1-800-921-8105Mon – Fri: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ETSat: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. ET
- Sun: Closed
- Business customers:
- 1-800-921-8102Mon – Fri: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. ET
- Sat – Sun: Closed
You may chat with them online also.