Some days ago my friend John told me that he had bought a new tablet and used it in so many ways. He works in a big company. Now he can work remotely from the comfort of home. With the video conferencing software, he talks with his father and mother every day, who live in a distant place. He watches a new movie every evening after completing his job. I feel very jealous, but I cannot afford a tablet or internet like him. But yesterday my other friend Richard told me that I can get a tablet for free from Simple Mobile under the government initiative, the ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program).
Simple mobile also provides free internet every month for me. Hearing the news, I am so happy that tears come from my eyes in joy. As a low income person, I am eligible for the program. I just need to submit an application now. I think it is my humble duty to share the news and everything that I know about the program to everyone, so that all others like me can take the opportunity. Here in this article I write everything about the ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program) and the way to get an almost free tablet from Simple Mobile under that Program. If you are interested, please proceed!
What Is the Simple Mobile ACP Program
Our government takes the initiative, the Affordable Connectivity Program, to make the internet service affordable and available to all. Through this program, the government tries to bridge the digital divide. In the pandemic situation, many people are disconnected from others for want of a communicating device and internet facility. In this critical situation the government felt the necessity of a communicating device and the internet. So, the government took the initiative, the EBB program to distribute a free tablet with free internet to all eligible households. Afterwards this EBB program was changed to Affordable Connectivity Program(ACP).
Now, under the ACP, the FCC distributes tablets with free internet service to those who are eligible and approved by the program. FCC does this with the help of some providers. Simple mobile is such a provider. If you apply for the ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program) and are approved by the national verifier, then Simple mobile provides you with a free tablet and free internet service and also some other benefits.
Benefits After Qualifying for The Simple Mobile ACP Program
If you qualify for the Simple Mobile ACP Program, then you get the following benefits: You get an almost free tablet with a one time discount up to $100 on the price of the tablet. You only have to pay an amount more than $10 and less than $50 (Typically it is only $11). And get Unlimited Talk and Text facility, get a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service if you live in non-tribal land and a discount up to $75 per month towards broadband service if you live in tribal land.
Requirements for Getting Simple Mobile ACP Program
Eligibility Requirements for Simple Mobile ACP
The government tries to reach all people of our country and make the internet affordable for them through the initiative, the Affordable Connectivity Program. If you want to participate in that program, you must meet certain eligibility criteria. These criteria fall into two categories: Income based eligibility criteria and Program participation based eligibility criteria.
- Income Based Eligibility: Income based eligibility depends on your annual income. If your or your household’s annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guideline, then you or your household is considered as eligible for the Affordable Connectivity program. If you are not eligible by income based criteria, you can try for Participation based criteria.
- Program Participation Based Eligibility: Program participation based eligibility depends on your participation in certain government assistance programs. If you take part or get benefits from a certain government assistance program, then you will be considered as eligible for the Affordable Connectivity program. The government assistance programs are as follows:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA).
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program
- Select Tribal programs.
- Receiving a Federal Pell Grant Award in the current award year by your child makes your household eligible for the program.
To be eligible for the ACP program, you must be 18 years old or over. If you are under 18, then you must be an emancipated minor. You must be a citizen of our country.
Required Documents for Simple Mobile ACP Program
The affordable Connectivity Program offers a free tablet with free internet service. Obviously it is a lucrative offer and most of the people of our country will try to get the benefit of the program. But not all people are eligible for the program. So, it is possible that many people who are not genuinely eligible for the program, will apply for it. To ensure that the people who apply for the ACP are genuinely eligible for the program, the government takes steps to verify some documents for each applicant. The national verifier will verify these documents and after verifying all the documents and other facts, the FCC will take the final decision to accept or reject the application. So, it is very important for an applicant to submit necessary documents as proof of his/her income, age, address, identity, program participation, etc. To support your eligibility, submit the following documents.
- Verifying Your Age/Emancipation Status: To verify your age, you should submit a document that contains your full name and date of birth. If you are under 18, then you must be an emancipated minor and submit a court approved document that shows your emancipation status.
- Documents: A valid ID, passport, Birth certificate, or emancipation certificate.
- Address Verification: For address verification, submit a document that contains your full name and valid address.
- Documents: A valid ID, driver’s license, utility bill, or a recent mortgage or lease statement, W-2, or tax return.
- Income Proof: Submit a document that shows your income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guideline.
- Documents: A prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return, current income statement from your employer, paycheck stub, Social Security statement of benefits, or unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits.
- Program Participation Proof: Submit a document that shows you have participated in a certain government assistance Program. The document should contain your full name, the program’s name, the document issuing institution’s name and a valid date.
- Documents: Approval letters, benefit award letters, benefit verification letters, or benefit statements. Also prepare documents to support that you are alive. You may also need another document to prove your social security number.
Submitted documents are unreturnable. So, never submit original documents. Submit photo copies or digital copies according to your application procedure.
Process to Apply for Simple Mobile ACP Program
There are a lot of people who apply for the Simple Mobile Affordable Connectivity Program. They are of different ages, from different educational qualifications and environment, and have more or less technological knowledge. They all are not capable of applying online. Some of them may apply online, some of them may be comfortable with applying via mail, some of them may not be able to apply themselves. They may apply taking help from the customer care of their preferred provider. So, the government arranges multiple application methods, including online, via mail, or via a provider. Here, the government’s goal is to reach as many households as possible.
In this section you may get a clear idea about how to apply online, via mail, or via a provider for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
You can apply via USAC’s website for the Affordable Connectivity Program. You have got all information, say, the eligibility requirements, information on necessary documents, the application process, etc. from this website. There is also a user-friendly application process to apply online. Go to the following link to know details: https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply.
All applicants are not capable of using the internet or applying online. Considering this, the FCC keeps an alternative method. That is applying via mail. You can print out a copy of the application form from USAC’s website, or request for physical application forms by calling the USAC helpline or visiting your nearest community center or public library. Now, fill up the application form and the household worksheet, attach necessary documents’ and send the application to the following address:
- ACP Support Center
- PO Box 9100
- Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773
Via A Provider
You can apply via Simple Mobile ACP. Go to their website and apply from there.
- Input your ZIP code.
- Click on the Start button.
- If Simple Mobile offers service in your location, then you will be redirected to your location’s online application form.
- Complete the form and the household worksheet and upload digital copies of your eligibility documents.
- Now, choose a suitable service plan for you.
- Submit your application.
- Wait for a response. The company will send you an email to inform you whether your application is approved or rejected.
- If your application is rejected, you can reapply following the above mentioned process.
- If you are approved by the program, then contact Simple Mobile and apply for your free tablet, with all other ACP benefits.
Ways to Check Simple Mobile ACP Application Status
To check the status of your Simple Mobile application, you can follow these steps:
- Log On to Simple Mobile’s website: Go to the Simple Mobile website. There, go to the My Account Section. Log in to your existing account using username and password. If you don’t have an account, then please create one.
- Access application status: After login to your account, navigate to the section on application Status.
- Provide required information: Now, in the application status section, you may need to provide some information to access your application status. You have to enter your application ID, Phone number, Social Security Number, Zip code or any other identifying information. Enter the required details.
- Check your status: After entering all necessary information, the website will show you the status of your Simple Wireless application. The status can be shown as approved, Pending, or, Rejected.
- Contact customer service (if needed): If you are unable to check the application status yourself, or have any query, you can contact Simple Mobile Customer care. They will help you by providing more information or assistance.
- You can call at: 1877 878 7908. Or,
- Email: www.simplemobile.com
Can I Get a Free Tablet from Simple Mobile, If I Am Eligible for Simple Mobile ACP Program
Yes, you can get an almost free tablet (You have to copay$11) from Simple Mobile, if you are eligible for the Simple Mobile ACP Program. With the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) Benefits, Simple Mobile users can get up to a $100 discount for purchasing tablets, laptops, and computers. Keep in mind that Simple Mobile Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) discounts are subject to availability. If the tablets are available, then you get the discount.
Are There Any Restrictions for The Simple Mobile ACP Program
Yes, there are some restrictions for the Simple Mobile ACP Program. These are:
- The Affordable Connectivity Program provides only one tablet and service per household. So, a beneficiary of the Simple mobile ACP program will get only one tablet and a monthly discount on internet plan.
- The beneficiary needs to use the tablet at least once in every 30 days, or his/her all benefits or enrollment in the program will be dismissed.
- The beneficiary cannot transfer the benefits to someone else, though he/she is eligible for the program.
- The beneficiary has to recertify every year to continue the enrollment in the program.
- The beneficiary cannot take benefits from multiple providers at a time.
- If the beneficiary no longer qualifies for the ACP program, he/she must inform the service provider about it within a period of 30 days.
Some Reasons for Your Simple Mobile ACP Program Application Rejection and Their Solution
Your application for a free tablet from Simple Mobile can be rejected for many reasons. Some common reasons for rejection of the free tablet are mentioned here:
- If your provided information is inaccurate and incomplete: Your application can be rejected for providing wrong and incomplete information. This is the most common reason for rejection of your application.
- Solution: Providing authentic and correct information can be the only solution for it. Provide information that is confirmed to be correct and always provide full information.
- If you fail to meet eligibility criteria: Remember that to apply for the affordable Connectivity program requires some eligibility criteria to be fulfilled by you. If you fail to meet these criteria, then your application can be rejected.
- Solution: Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) provides all information, including eligibility criteria for the Affordable Connectivity Program. Evaluate your eligibility and if you are eligible, then apply.
- If your provided documents are insufficient: The national verifier will verify everything, from your income status to your identity, address, age, program participation status, etc. For this purpose, you should submit some documents issued by the relevant authority for the verification by the national verifier. If your submitted documents are inadequate or insufficient, or you fail to submit a certain document, then your application can be rejected.
- Solution: You should provide all documents that are required. If additional documents are required, you have to submit those documents also. Try to provide the asked documents as early as possible.
- If the ACP has limited resources: The affordable Connectivity may have limited resources. They may have a limited number of tablets for distribution. If all these tablets are distributed, then they cannot at once provide you with a tablet and for this reason, your application may have been rejected.
- Solution: There is no overnight solution for that problem. You have to wait till the times when the tablets are available again.
- If there are technical issues: If you face any technical issue when you apply, then for that issue your application may not be submitted properly and your application can be rejected.
- Solution: Ensure a stable internet and a fully functioning computer to avoid such problems.
- If your benefits are overlapped: If you apply for the affordable Connectivity program, and also receive the same benefits from any other government program, then these benefits are overlapped. This overlapping of benefits is not acceptable by the Affordable Connectivity Program, and for this reason your application can be rejected.
- Solution: Do not take the same kind of benefits from more than one government programs. This will overlap your benefits and your application will be rejected.
- If you fail to meet application deadlines: If you fail to apply before the deadline for the affordable Connectivity Program application, then your application will be rejected.
- Solution: You can write down the deadline in a notebook. This will remind you before the deadline comes.
- If you provide incorrect or invalid contact information: If you provide incorrect or invalid contact information, the program administrators cannot contact you or verify your details. As a result, your application will be rejected.
- Solution: You should mention your contact details in your application. If your contact information or address is changed, then update it as early as possible.
- If There Are Communication Issues: Due to communication issues, applicants might not receive notifications or updates about their application status, and this leads to missing the deadline of the program.
- Solution: You should implement a reliable communication system that sends you automated notifications regularly for receipt of application, processing stages, etc.
- If There Is Duplication or Fraudulent Activities: Duplicate or fraudulent applications are rejected to ensure fairness and integrity.
- Solution: Implement checks to detect duplicate submissions of applications. Do not take part in any fraudulent activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does Simple Mobile ACP Application take to get approved?
After applying for the ACP through Simple Mobile, it is instantly approved, if there is no problem with verifying the documents. But if any issue appears about verifying the documents or if the manual verification is needed, then it takes several days to approve the application.
Is the Affordable Connectivity Program(ACP) permanent?
The Affordable Connectivity Program takes the place of the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program. The EBB program is designed as a temporary program and it could be finished within six months or until its fund finishes. But, for the Affordable Connectivity Program, FCC ensured that this program will be a long term program. Though it is not fully clear if ACP is permanent or not, we can say that it will serve our country for a very long time. There is no doubt about that.
What happens if I lose my Simple Mobile ACP eligibility?
If you lose your Simple Mobile ACP eligibility, then you have to inform the Simple Mobile about it within 30 days.
If I already receive Lifeline benefits from another provider will I automatically receive Simple Mobile ACP program Benefits?
No. You must enroll in the Affordable Connectivity program with your current provider (Lifeline provider), or you can enroll for the program with a different provider. You also have to choose an eligible service plan. Then, you can receive benefits from your current provider (lifeline provider) or the different provider that you chose earlier.
How can I find support if I encounter issues with Simple Mobile ACP?
You can get support from Simple Mobile Customer care service.
- Call: 1877 878 7908
- Go to website : www.simplemobile.com
- Address: 9700 NW 112th Avenue, Florida, Miami 33178, United States.