SafeLink is a government sponsored Program that gives benefits to household to afford them with a free smartphone, free talk and text, internet facility etc. The big amount of people that live under poverty line are vastly in want of mobile phone with internet facility. To help those people SafeLink serves two government programs formally known as Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and FCC’s Lifeline benefits program.
If your SafeLink Wireless lifeline or ACP application processed or approval have been delayed. You may need to know the application status or the cause of delay. So here i guide you the way to know your SafeLink Wireless lifeline or ACP application status.
Steps To Know Your SafeLink Wireless Lifeline or ACP Application Status
The easiest way to check SafeLink Wireless Application status is to go to SafeLink official website at: www.safelink.com and check the status.
- To do so, at first, click “My service”.
- Then click “Check Enrollment Status”
- Then you need to enter your Enrollment ID and Date of Birth.
- If you forgot your Enrollment ID, Please Click “Log in with personal information”.
- And then log in Using your Date of Birth, SSN and Zip Code.
- You may also call SafeLink Wireless Enrollment and plan changes support at: 1-800-723-3546 to know your application status.
- You can also contact by live chat. You can chat with the attendant and from the customer support attendant know about the SafeLink Wireless application status.
Importance of Checking Your SafeLink Wireless Lifeline or ACP Application Status
You should always track your SafeLink Wireless lifeline or ACP application status, you should do this because:
- You are hopeful about your SafeLink Wireless lifeline or ACP application’s approval. But unfortunately your lifeline or ACP application can be rejected for any of your silly mistakes or fault. You need to know the specific reasons for which your application was rejected, when you reapply. So that you can correct your all procedures.
- When your SafeLink Wireless application has been received and approved by the authority, you may need to know the date you will receive your phone. For that you have to know the SafeLink Wireless application status.
Common Rejection Reasons Of SafeLink Wireless Lifeline or ACP Application
SafeLink Wireless is a government approved lifeline program service provider. So you must fulfill all the Criteria of the SafeLink Wireless ACP or Lifeline program for approval of your application. For any wrong information or lack of information, your application can be rejected. If you meet all the criteria of ACP or Lifeline program, but you are rejected, then carefully consider these issues:
- Check if you have a complete or valid Street address. For an incomplete or invalid address, your application can be rejected.
- If any of your household had a phone from that same company, then your application can be rejected.
- If you work and earn money less than or equal to 135% of the Federal poverty guideline, but did not submit proof of it, then your application can be rejected.
- If you are under aged (Less than 18 years old), then your application can be rejected.
- If you are not stationed as a military personnel.
- And if you reapply within 12 months of the rejection.
Tips For You If Your SafeLink Application is Rejected
At First, you should check all the documents you have submitted. If you find any fault, then contact the relevant authority and correct the documents. You should recheck all your eligibility for SafeLink ACP or lifeline program.
Remember, you must be a part of the following government-approved programs to be eligible to become a SafeLink wireless consumer:
- The federal public housing assistance (FPHA)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Low- income home energy assistance program (LIHEAP).
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. (SNAP)
- Food Stamps.
- Public Housing Assistance(PHA)
- Temporary Assistance for needy families.(TANF)
- National School Lunch Program Free School Lunch.
- Federal Public Housing Assistance’s Plan B segment.
- Tribal Head Start Community.
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservation. (FDPIR).
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance( BIA)
- Programs for Tribal TANF.
- You should have your social security number available while applying.
- Your household earnings must be 135 percent below the Federal Government Poverty Limits.
To be eligible for the SafeLink ACP or Lifeline program, you must also meet all of the following application requirements:
- You must have a valid and complete street address. Without a valid address you cannot get the benefit.
- No one in your home should already have a phone from the company. If any of your household have a phone from SafeLink, then you cannot qualify for the program.
- You may work, but you must report your earnings to the authorities. You must submit your income details to the authority, so that they can validate if you are eligible or not.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate. A person under 18 years is ineligible for the program.
- You must be stationed as military personnel. This requirement is very important. You must be a military personnel.
- You are eligible to apply once per 12 months. If your application is rejected, then you have to wait for a whole year to apply again. Remember this carefully.
If all the above details is ok for you, then you can reapply for the SafeLink ACP or lifeline program.