If you are looking for the correct Access Wireless APN Settings for your Access Wireless phone, then you come to the right place. Access Wireless provides free smartphones with unlimited talk, text and data under the Lifeline and the ACP Programs. After receiving your smartphone, you need to set up the APN Settings to access the internet . APN is an abbreviation for Access Point Name, which provides the gateway through which your phone accesses the internet. Please note that it is mandatory to have the correct Access Wireless APN Settings for your Android and iPhone to access the internet via the Access Wireless network towers.
In this article we cover the Access Wireless APN settings for your Android and iPhone, and also try to give solutions for issues regarding APN settings. Let’s explore.
APN Settings Guide Access Wireless
Access Wireless APN Settings hold the address through which your Access Wireless phone can get internet. All network providers have APN Settings for iPhone and Android phones. Let’s see how to locate APN on an Android Phone and iPhone.
Access Wireless APN Settings Location for Android Phone
You can get the location of the APN settings for Access Wireless by following these steps:
- Android Phone:
- Switch on your phone and locate the Settings app on your home screen. You can also find the app by swiping the Quick Tap Bar on your screen.
- Tap on it and scroll down to find the “Mobile Network” option. Some Android models will have the option “Wireless and Network” or “Network and Internet.” So tap on the available option on your phone.
- Scroll down to find the “Access Point Name,” then tap on it to proceed.
- Click on the “Add Access Point Name” and follow the next options as prompted.
Here is given the above steps in short: Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names.
- iPhone: In most cases, Apple does not allow users to manipulate the APN settings once configured. This makes it difficult to find the APN Settings section for many iPhone users. However, you can still access them if you jailbreak or hack your phone. Here is the procedure for navigating to APN Settings on iPhone if you can jailbreak your phone and access the APN Settings.
- Switch on your iPhone, locate and tap on the “Settings app” on the home screen.
- Once the app opens, scroll down to find the “Cellular” option. Other iPhone models may use the option “Mobile Data,” so tap on either listed there.
- After the options open, scroll down to locate the “Cellular Data” or “Mobile Data Network,” depending on your model.
- After it opens, you can reset or input the Access Wireless APN Settings by tapping on the APN Setting section.
Here is given the above steps in short: Settings> Cellular> Cellular Data Network> APN.
Steps to Configure Access Wireless APN Settings
- Access Wireless APN Settings for Android
- Name: Access INTERNET
- APN: internet
- Username: (Not set – Leave it blank)
- Password: (Not set – Leave it blank)
- Proxy: (leave it blank – not set)
- Port: (Leave it blank – not set)
- Server: (leave it blank)
- MMSC: (Leave it blank)
- MMS Proxy: (leave blank)
- MMS Port: (Not Set)
- MCC: 310
- MNC: 02 (Leave default if you find a different number)
- Authentication type: (none)
- APN type: default, mms, supl
- APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
- APN roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6
- Bearer: (Unspecified)
- Mobile virtual network operator: (none)
After inputting the APN Settings on your Android phone, kindly remember to tap on the “Save” button to save the changes.
- Access Wireless MMS Settings for Android
- Name: Access-INTERNET
- APN: mms
- Proxy: Not set
- Port: Not set
- Username: Not set
- Passwords: Not set
- Server: Not set
- MMSC: Not set
- MMS proxy: Not set
- MMS port: Not set
- MCC: 470
- MNC: 02
- Authentication type: Not set/None
- APN type: mms
- APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
- APN roaming Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
- APN enable/disable: APN enabled
- Bearer: Unspecified
- MVNO type: None
- MVNO Value: Not set
- Mobile virtual network operator type: None
- Mobile virtual network operator value: Not set
Once all is set, the experts usually recommend restarting the phone for the changes to take effect.
- Access Wireless APN Settings for iPhone: Here are the APN Settings for your iPhone.
- APN: internet
- Username: (Leave this blank)
- Password: (Leave this blank)
- Access Wireless MMS Settings for iPhone: Before restarting the iPhone for the changes to be effected, you must set the MMS settings to be able to send MMS messages. So, locate the MMS section and enter these settings and save:
- APN: wap
- Username: (leave this blank)
- Password: (leave this blank)
- MMSC: unchanged
- MMS Proxy: unchanged
- MMS Max Message Size: unchanged
- MMS UA Prof URL: unchanged
You should be able to access the Access Wireless internet and MMS services if you enter the above data correctly.
- Access Wireless Personal Hotspot Settings for iPhone
- APN: internet
- Username: Blank
- Passwords: Blank
Access Wireless Automatic Network Configuration Guide
You can automatically configure APN and other network configuration on your Access Wireless device by resettings network configuration.
- To reset network settings on an iPhone, you can follow these Steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on General.
- Scroll down and tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Select Reset.
- Tap on Reset Network Settings.
- Enter your passcode when prompted.
- Tap on Reset Network Settings again.
The above steps in short: Settings > General >Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Your iPhone will now reset its network settings to their defaults. This will erase any saved Wi-Fi networks, passwords, and VPN settings.
- To reset network settings on an Android Phone , you can follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Tap on System.
- Scroll down and tap on Reset options.
- Select Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.
- Tap on Reset settings.
- Enter your PIN or password when prompted.
- Tap on Reset settings again.
The above steps in short: Settings > System > Reset Options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile and Bluetooth >Reset settings
Your Android phone will now reset its network settings to their defaults. This will erase any saved Wi-Fi networks, passwords, Bluetooth devices, and mobile network settings.
Several Reasons You Can Experience Problems While Changing Access Wireless APN Settings
Changing APN Settings on your phone can sometimes be difficult because of several challenges. This section will show the problems you will likely encounter when changing the APN on your phone.
- Your phone is using obsolete software: Your phone will mostly not update the APN settings if the OS software that you are using is obsolete. Outdated software typically creates connection problems with the service provider’s network towers. In most cases, you will find that the APN Settings section has been grayed or locked, and you cannot edit or manipulate the data.
- You do not have Access to Wireless network coverage: When changing APN Settings on your phone, you must be in an area with an Access Wireless network. If you try to change them from a location that does not have network coverage, the APN Settings section will be grayed or locked.
- There are internet catches on your phone preventing you from editing: In most cases, when browsing, your phone usually stores temporary data in the cache memory. The temporary data stored can sometimes prevent your phone from connecting to any other internet provider. The accumulation of temporary data can “confuse” your phone, especially when entering the new APN Settings.
- Your phone has hardware issues linked to your phone’s network settings: Network chips are mounted on your phone’s motherboard that communicates with the software part of the network. If one of the chips develops a problem, you will likely experience problems accessing the internet. Besides, you will have problems modifying the APN Settings characterized by grayed or locked APN Sections. Once you have this problem, you will have to seek professional intervention, as we will see later.
The above causes are not the only reasons that can prevent you from changing the APN Settings on your phone. There may be other causes that prevent you from changing the APN Settings. The following section gives you the solution to your issues with APN settings.
Ways to Solve Access Wireless APN Settings Problems
If you cannot set up the APN settings properly, then you cannot be able to establish an internet connection on your device. Here are some solutions that help you to solve Access Wireless APN settings problems.
1. Reset the APN Settings to default
Resetting the APN setting to default on your phone can help you unlock the grayed APN Settings. When you reset, the phone undoes all the network configurations by removing the APN Settings from previous network carriers.
Here is a step-by-step procedure to help reset your phone’s APN Settings.
- Locate the “Settings” app and tap on it to open.
- Scroll down, navigate to the “Network and Internet” section, and tap on it.
- Depending on the model, scroll down to find the “SIM” option and tap on it to proceed.
- You will see the “Access Point Names” once it opens.
- Locate a three-dotted menu in the top-right corner and tap on it. A dropdown will open; tap on the “Reset to default” option to reset your APN Settings.
After executing that command, the settings will be set to default, and you can now access the internet. If this method does not work for you, kindly get into the next solution.
2. Activate and deactivate the Airplane mode
Activating and deactivating Airplane mode is the quickest way of resetting the APN Settings . After activating the Airplane mode, it usually resets all the custom APN Settings on your phone. This can help you unlock the APN Settings edit option and allow you to input the Access Wireless APN Settings.
3. Remove and insert the Access Wireless SIM card
Removing your Access Wireless SIM card from your phone and inserting it back can help you solve your internet connection problem. This is because once you insert the SIM card, APN Settings are usually configured again, which restores your phone’s internet connection.
4. Factory reset the phone
Factory reset on your phone is one of the effective methods of restoring your internet connection in a phone. However, the process leads to the loss of personal stored local data. Before you start the process, you are generally required to back up your essential data in memory cards or the cloud. Factory reset resolves all the software problems that may be causing the internet connection problem.
Here is the procedure for performing factory resets:
- Open the “Settings” app and navigate to the “System” option.
- Tap to open and scroll down to find the “Reset” option in the menu.
- Tap the “Erase all data” button to factory reset the phone.
This process erases all the data and resets all the network settings to default. Your phone can now connect to the internet like it did when you bought it when new. If the internet is not restored, the phone has hardware problems, so consider going to the next step.
5. Contact an expert to help you
This step involves an expert or a professional who understands how the hardware of the phone works. You must consider this step when all the above-discussed remedies have failed. Once you reach out to an expert, they will tell you where the problem with the phone is.
The above mentioned solutions can help restore the internet connection on your phone. If you cannot handle the issue anyway, then you can contact Access Wireless customer service. You can contact them via the toll-free number 866-594-3644.
How to Delete or Uninstall APN
Deleting, removing, or uninstalling APN Settings on Access Wireless phones can help you resolve internet connectivity problems. However, this action depends on the model of the phone you are using. For example, iPhone rarely allows users to edit the APN settings unless you jailbreak or hack, which is illegal.
Deleting the APN settings is pretty simple. First, open the “Settings” app on the home screen and navigate to the “Mobile Network” option. Scroll until you locate the Access Point Names option, then tap to open. You will see several list items on the menu, the delete option being one of them. Tap on the delete option to execute the command.
Benefits of Properly Setting Access Wireless APN
As mentioned above, APN Settings are the gateway for your phone to access the internet through the Access Wireless network. Once you use the APN Settings provided in this article, you will likely enjoy these benefits.
- You will enjoy nationwide 4G and 5G internet access through Access Wireless network towers.
- Using the correct Access Wireless APN Settings will enable your phone to send MMS, which is always possible with internet access.
- You will be able to access the internet via Access Wireless to enable you to browse and communicate with your friends via the internet.
You can enjoy the above mentioned benefits using correct Access Wireless APN settings.
Do Access Wireless APN Settings increase internet speeds?
Yes, properly configured APN settings increase the internet speed. Correct APN settings helps the phone to access the internet effectively, thus ensures fast access to the internet and increases internet speed.
Is there Any Access Wireless 5G APN Settings?
Yes, there are Access Wireless 5G APN settings.
Is it compulsory to follow the Access Wireless APN settings Text Format?
Yes, it is compulsory to follow the access Wireless APN settings Text Format. Here is a guideline.
- Ensure you use capital letters as provided by Access Wireless.
- Use commas as you indicated in the format.
- Use blank spaces as indicated in the format.
- Do not introduce blank spaces where there are none.
- Do not use commas where they have not been used.
You must enter the text data as it has been formatted in the APN and MMS Settings provided by Access Wireless.
Are Access Wireless APN Settings free of Cost?
Yes, Access Wireless APN settings are free of cost.
Can I Get Access Wireless APN Settings Through SMS?
Yes, you can get Access Wireless APN settings through SMS.
Do I Need To Change my Access Wireless APN if I upgrade to a new Access Wireless Plan?
You do not need to change APN, Because you are still in the same network ( Access Wireless).
How to contact Access Wireless Customer Service?
You can contact:
- New Customers: 1-888-900-5899
- Existing Customers: 1-866-594-3644 or dial 611 from your Access Wireless phone.
- Customer Care Hours of Operation: Mon – Sat: 10am – Midnight EST. Sunday: 10am – 7pm EST.