You can get a free tablet from Access Wireless under the Affordable Connectivity Program if you are a low -income person and meet some criteria. In the following article, we discuss every step about how you can get the free tablet from Access Wireless and some other things related to it.
Steps To Get Access Wireless Free Tablet Through The Affordable Connectivity Program
You can get a free tablet from Access Wireless by completing some steps. The steps are given below:
- First, check if you are eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- If you are eligible for the program, then collect proof documents of your eligibility.
- Now visit the USAC website and navigate to their online application page. If you plan to apply via mail, then take print out of the application form and the household worksheet from this website.
- Now, carefully Fill out the application form and the household worksheet on the website for online application. If you apply via mail, then fill up the paper application form and the household worksheet that you printed from the USAC website.
- Upload your eligibility documents ( For applying online). Or, prepare photocopies of the eligibility documents. ( For applying via mail).
- Submit your application and the household worksheet with uploaded documents ( For online application). Or, submit paper application and household worksheet with photocopies of eligibility documents ( For application via mail).
- Wait for approval of the application.
- If your application is approved, then contact Access Wireless so that you may get your discounted tablet and other benefits.
- Wait for 7 to 10 business days ( At least) to get the free tablet and other benefits.
- Now you have your free tablet. You may customize it as you like, and enjoy.
Eligibility Criteria For Free Tablet From Access Wireless Under The Affordable Connectivity Program
Your eligibility for a free tablet from Access Wireless under the Affordable Connectivity Program is evaluated in two different ways. These are: Your Income Based Eligibility and Your Program Participation Based Eligibility. In the upcoming section we discuss both types of eligibility.
- Income Based Eligibility: If your or your household’s annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guideline. Then you or the household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Program Participation based Eligibility: If you or any member of your household participates in or takes benefits from certain government assistance programs, then you or the household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program. The government assistance programs are as follows:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA).
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program
- Receiving a Federal Pell Grant Award in the current award year.
- Meets the eligibility criteria for Access Wireless’s existing low-income internet program.
- Households located on qualifying Tribal lands may also qualify based on participation in one of the following Tribal assistance programs:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF).
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR).
If anyone has one of the above mentioned eligibility ( Income based or Program Participation Based Eligibility), then he/she or the household will be eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
Required Documents For The Affordable Connectivity Program
You need documents to submit as proof of your eligibility for the program. These documents will show your income status, age, emancipation status, Program participation status, your identity, address, proof that you are a living person and also proof of your Social Security Number.
The FCC reviews these documents and thus ensures that the program benefits reach the correct person.
In the upcoming section we discuss the various documents that are needed to prove your eligibility for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Documents to verify identity: You must submit a document to verify your identity. Identity verification is important because it helps to prevent false application and ensures genuine persons apply for the program.
- Documents: A driver’s license, Passport, or Birth certificate.
- Documents to verify Age/Emancipation Status: You must submit a document to prove your age. The document should include your full name and date of birth. Age verification is important because to apply for the program, there is an age restriction. That is, you must be 18 years old or over to apply for the program. If you are under 18, then you must be an emancipated minor to apply for the ACP Program. You also need to submit court documents to prove your emancipation status.
- Documents: A valid ID, Passport, Birth certificate, or Emancipation certificate.
- Documents to verify Address: Address verification is important to ensure that the ACP benefits reach the correct destination. Submit a document with your full physical address and your full name.
- Documents: A valid ID, Driver’s license, Utility bill, or a Recent mortgage or lease statement, W-2, or Tax return.
- Documents to prove your Income: You need a document that shows your income status. In that document it should be mentioned that your or your household’s annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Documents: A prior year’s State, Federal, or Tribal tax return, Current income statement from your employer, Paycheck stub, Social Security statement of benefits, or Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits.
- Documents to prove your participation in certain government programs: You need a document that shows you are enrolled in a government assistance program, such as SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, WIC, etc. The document should contain your full name, the program’s name in which you have participated, the document issuing institution’s name, and a valid date.
- Documents: Approval letters, benefit award letters, benefit verification letters, or benefit statements.
You also need to prove that you are alive and also prove your social security number. For that you need to submit documents in support of the above two criteria.
Application Process to Get Access Wireless Free Tablet
After you have got the proof of your eligibility, your next step is to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program. You can apply for the program in several ways. These are: Apply online, apply via mail, or apply via your preferred provider ( Here Access Wireless).
Apply Via Online
You can apply online for the Affordable Connectivity Program in the following process:
- At first go to the ACP website at: “getinternet.gov/apply?ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D“
- Then click on the “Apply ” button.
- Now, sign in to your account. If you don’t have an account, then create one.
- Now complete the application by following the onscreen instructions.
- Now, upload eligibility documents.
- Submit your application along with the uploaded documents.
- The ACP administrator (USAC) will review your application and send a confirmation email to notify you of their decision.
- If your application is approved, you will get a highly discounted tablet (Discount up to $100) for only a copay of $10.00 from your preferred participating provider . (Here Access Wireless).
Apply Via mail
If you do not have the opportunity to apply online , you can apply via mail. You may apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program via mail in the following way:
- Download the application form and the household worksheet from the following website: “getinternet.gov/apply?ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D” and take print out of the documents.
- Complete the application form and the household worksheet.
- Prepare all your required documents to prove your eligibility and send your application and the household worksheet along with these documents to the following address: ACP Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
- The FCC will review your application and notify you of their decision by sending a confirmation email.
- If your application is approved you will get a coupon via mail that you can redeem for a tablet from your preferred provider.( Here Access Wireless)
Apply Via Access Wireless
You can apply through Access Wireless to get a free tablet.
On their website: “accesswireless.com“, we observe that they are describing the Full Process to get a free phone, the process to get a free tablet ( With copay of $10.00) is not mentioned, though they offer the benefit on their website. So you are requested to consult with them about the application process for a tablet when you apply through them.
Process To Check The Application Status Of Access Wireless Free Tablet Application
After submitting your application, you can check its status anytime you like through the application status check option on Access wireless website. The process is as follows:
- Go to the official website of Access Wireless: “accesswireless.com“.
- Navigate to the ‘My Account’ option and click on it to open it.
- Now, login to your account by entering your phone number and passcode.
- After logging in, you may go to the ‘Application Status Check ‘ section and you will find your application status there. The status can be pending, approved, or rejected.
Activation Process Of SIM And Tablet After Getting From Access Wireless
You will receive a SIM card with your free tablet. You have to activate it to use it with your free tablet. In this section we discuss the SIM activation Process.
The SIM activation process is an easy and simple process. To activate the SIM, you need to turn off the tablet, wait for a few seconds, and turn it on. You will see that your tablet’s SIM activation process starts already. But in some cases, the SIM activation process does not start automatically. You have to enter the SIM activation code you received with your SIM. In that case, you will see that after you enter the SIM activation Code, your tablet’s SIM activation process starts.
Here in short we mention the SIM activation process:
- First, turn the tablet on.
- Now choose your preferred language and region where you live, from the welcome screen .
- You need an internet connection.
- So, if you have a Wi-Fi network on your location, select the network.
- Enter the password for the network.
- Now, tap ‘Set up manually.’
- Tap ‘SIM Card’.
- Now enter your SIM card details, say, your SIM card number, PIN, and PUK, carrier name, APN, etc.
- Now, create a passcode for your tablet.
- Then tap ’Next’.
- The tablet will activate the SIM within a few minutes. After activation you can make and receive phone calls, send and receive SMS and also use your cellular data.
The SIM activation process is an easy process. But if you cannot activate your SIM by yourself for any reason , then you may take help from the customer care of Access Wireless.
- SIM Activation By Customer Care: If you cannot activate the SIM yourself, you can contact customer care of Access Wireless. You can talk to a customer care agent by phone and request him/her to activate the SIM for you. He/She may ask you some questions to verify your identity and also may want to know the SIM activation code and other necessary information. Please provide him/her with all the information, and he/she will activate the SIM for you.
- In person: You may visit Access Wireless office in person and provide them with required information and the SIM activation code. They will activate the SIM for you.
There Are Some Restrictions To Get Access Wireless Free Tablet
There are some limitations and restrictions to get ACP benefits / get Access Wireless free tablets. These are:
- Only the citizens that are eligible through their income or through participation in certain government assistance programs, can apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- A household may get only one service discount per month and a one time only device discount.
- Your Affordable Connectivity Program benefits are non transferable. That means you cannot transfer your ownership of the device and ACP service to any other person, though the person is eligible for the program.
- The address you provide for your phone service must be your place of residence.
- You must provide your date of birth, social security number , proof of identification, proof of income and proof of program participation on your application in order to be approved for service.
- Your provided information in your application and other documents should be accurate. If you provide wrong and unauthentic information willingly to get the benefits of the program, then you will be punished. You even can be imprisoned , or barred from the program.
- In the Affordable Connectivity Program , you do not have the option to choose a phone brand or model. You have to accept any brand or model that is given to you.
- You must use your service at least once a month. If you don’t use your service every month, then your ACP benefits will be declined.
- If you are no longer eligible for the program, or if you change your address, then you have to notify Access wireless about it within 30 days.
The Other Benefits That You Enjoy After The Approval Of Your Application For A Free Tablet From Access Wireless
After your application is approved, you will get the following benefits:
- Unlimited Talk: Unlimited talk to make and receive calls to communicate with friends and family members. With this benefit you are always connected with them if you like.
- Unlimited Text: Unlimited text to chat with friends and family members. With this benefit you can send SMS to dear ones and the texts are permanent.
- Unlimited Data ( Includes some amount of High Speed Data): High speed data helps you to connect to social media, like Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, etc. You can participate in many events that are arranged on social media through high speed data.
- 5 GB Hotspot data: You will get 5 GB of Hotspot data to connect several devices to the internet under the control of a central device.
The Causes For Rejection Of Your Application For A Free Tablet From Access Wireless And Their Solutions
- If you apply but cannot perfectly meet the eligibility criteria: If you apply without having a clear concept of the eligibility criteria, then you may not perfectly meet the eligibility criteria, and your application may have been rejected.
- Solution: Your first task is to know the eligibility criteria properly, then apply for the program.
- If you provide wrong, incomplete, out-of-date information in your application: If you provide incomplete, incorrect, and out-of- date information in your application, then it can be rejected.
- Solution: Carefully correct all errors in your application. Double check the application before submitting it.
- If you are unable to submit required documents: For the verification of your eligibility for the Affordable Connectivity Program, you must submit some eligibility documents. If you are unable to submit them, then your application may have been rejected.
- Solution: Submit every document to prove your eligibility for the Affordable Connectivity Program. If additional documents are needed, submit them also.
- If you face Technical Issues while applying: Your application can be rejected if it is not submitted properly for any kind of technical issues.
- Solution: Make sure your internet connection is stable and your computer is fully functional to avoid any technical issues while applying for the program. This can save your application from being rejected.
- You should submit only one application at a time from your household: It is an FCC rule that you submit only one application at a time from your household. If you submit more than one application at a time from your household, then your application can be rejected.
- Solution: Try to work according to FCC’s rules and regulations. So, submit only one application from your household at a time. This can save your application from being rejected.
- Keep in mind the last date of your application: The Affordable Connectivity Program has a deadline or last date of application. If you fail to apply before this deadline, then your application can be rejected.
- Solution: Remember that you must apply before the deadline of the program. To keep it in mind , you can write down the deadline in your notebook.
- Do not overlap benefits: You should not take the same benefits like the Affordable Connectivity program from any other government programs ( Lifeline is an exception). If you take advantage, like the ACP, from any other government program, then your application can be rejected for overlapping benefits.
- Solution: Do not overlap benefits. Take advantage of the ACP program only.
- If your state is not included in Access Wireless coverage area :If you apply from a state where Access Wireless does not have their service, then your application may have been rejected.
- Solution: Check that Access Wireless covers your state. If Access Wireless has their service in your state, then apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program through Access Wireless.
Some Important things to Keep in Mind About the Application and its Rejection
While your application is rejected, you will receive a rejection notice. Read it very carefully so that you have got a clear idea why your application is rejected and you can take necessary steps to get a perfect solution for the cause of rejection.
You can also contact the program administrators to know in detail the cause for rejection. This can give you a clear view why your application is rejected and you can take necessary steps to apply next time in a way that your application will have more possibility to be approved by the program.
You can appeal their decision if you think that your application is rejected unjustly. You can take help from the customer care for the appeal process.
Is the Access Wireless Free Tablet truly “free”, or are there hidden costs?
The Access Wireless free tablet is not absolutely free. You have to copay $ 10.00 to get the tablet. And there is no hidden cost. Because the copay of $10.00 was previously announced.
How long will it take to receive my Access Wireless Free Tablet after registration?
It takes about 7 to 10 business days to receive your Access Wireless free tablet after registration.
Can you get the opportunity to use your free tablet as a Hotspot device?
Yes, you can use your free tablet as a hotspot device and connect several devices to the internet. You will get 5 GB of Hotspot data for absolutely free from Access Wireless.
What if I don’t qualify for the Access Wireless Free Tablet?
If you cannot qualify for the Access wireless free tablet, you can try for other options to get a free tablet. You can apply for a free tablet to non profit organizations, such as Salvation Army, Computers With Causes, The On It Foundation, InterConnection, PCs For People, etc.
What should I do if I have a problem with my free tablet from Access Wireless?
If you face any problem with the free tablet from Access Wireless, then you may contact Access wireless’s customer care for a solution. If the phone malfunctions within the first year of receiving, you can claim for a replacement.