City Communications is a prominent Telecommunication company based in Georgia, USA. The company provides their clients with 5G internet for absolutely free under the government initiative, The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). If you are eligible for the program and live on non-tribal lands, then you may get a free internet package that normally costs $30 and if you are a Tribal resident then you may get free internet that normally costs $75. In this article I will describe all the plan and advantages of City Communications Internet. So, lets get started.
Steps to Get City Communications Internet Connection
We mentioned that you get free internet from the ACP. But how? What are the steps you have to go through to get the free internet? For your kind consideration we simply mention the steps below:
- The first thing to be considered is you must be eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- The next is, you must submit documents to prove that you are eligible for the program.
- Now you have to submit your application with eligibility documents. You may submit your application via online, mail, or via a provider.
- The national verifier will verify your application and other documents and may approve it or if you are unfortunate, they may also reject it for any reason.
- If you are approved, then you have to choose a provider. From this provider you can get your free internet service with some other ACP benefits. That’s all.
Way to Get City Communications Free Internet
You may get city communications free internet in the following way:
Make sure you are Eligible for city communications free internet
Before applying for the program, you must know if you are eligible for the program. The Affordable Connectivity program determines your eligibility in two different ways. You can be eligible on the basis of your annual income, or you can be eligible through your participation in certain government assistance programs. In the following section we discuss the eligibility criteria for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
Income based Criteria: If your or your household’s annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, then you are considered as eligible for the ACP Program. In the following link, you will get an idea about the household size and cost to be eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program according to Federal Poverty Guidelines. affordableconnectivity.gov/do-i-qualify.
Program participation-based criteria: If you or any member of your household takes part or gets benefits from any of the following Government Assistance Program, then you or the household is considered to be eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA).
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program
- Receiving a Federal Pell Grant Award in the current award year by your child makes your household eligible for the program.
If you or your household resides in the Tribal land area and participates in one of these Tribal Assistance Programs, then you or the household also be considered as eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR).
Prepare Necessary Documents to Get City Communications Internet
If you are eligible for the ACP, then you also have to submit documents to prove your eligibility. You have to submit documents in support of your income, identity, address, age, program participation, etc. In the following section we write about these documents.
- Documents to verify identity: The FCC (Federal Communications Commission) will verify your identity. Your identity verification is important because the FCC wants to be ensured that you are the genuine person that applied for the program. Identity verification prevents many fraudulent activities. You must submit one of the following documents so that the FCC can verify your identity.
- Documents: A driver’s license, Passport, or Birth certificate.
- Documents to verify Age/Emancipation Status: FCC wants to be sure that you are 18 years old or above. It is a vital criterion for the Affordable Connectivity Program that you must be 18 years of age or over to apply for the program. If you are under 18 then you must be an emancipated minor. Only then you can apply for the program. In that case you must submit court documents to prove your emancipation status.
- Documents: A valid ID, Passport, Birth certificate, or Emancipation certificate.
- Documents to verify Address: You must submit a document that mentions your full name and physical address, so that FCC can verify your address and also be sure that the ACP benefits reach the correct person.
- Documents: A valid ID, Driver’s license, Utility bill, or a Recent mortgage or lease statement, W-2, or Tax return.
- Documents to prove your Income: You may submit a document that shows your annual income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Documents: A prior year’s State, Federal, or Tribal tax return, Current income statement from your employer, Paycheck stub, Social Security statement of benefits, or Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits.
- Documents to prove your participation in certain government assistance programs: If you participate in certain government assistance programs or take benefits from those programs then you must submit a document that proves you are enrolled in the program. Documents may contain your full name, the program’s name, the document issuing institution’s name and also a valid date.
- Documents: Approval letters, benefit award letters, benefit verification letters, or benefit statements.
You also need to make sure that you are a living person. For that you need to submit a document. You also need to submit a document to prove your social security number. Remember to submit copy documents. Because your provided documents are unreturnable.
Submit Your Application for City Communications free internet
You can apply for City Communication free internet online, via mail or via provider(city communication). Actually, you need to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program. If you are approved by this program, you may get the free internet. Here all processes (Online, via mail, via city communication website) are described:
- Online: You can apply online for the Affordable Connectivity Program in the following process:
- Go to the ACP website at: “getinternet.gov/apply?ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D“.
- Click on the “Apply ” button.
- Sign in to your account. If you don’t have an account, please create one.
- Now follow the instructions and complete your application.
- Upload eligibility documents.
- Submit your application with uploaded documents.
- The FCC will review your application and send a confirmation email about their decision.
- If your application is approved, you will get a monthly free internet package of $30 (non-Tribal) and $75 (Tribal resident). You will also get a tablet with SIM card for a copay of $ 10.01 only.
- Via mail: If you are comfortable to apply via mail, then you can apply via mail also. The process is described below:
- Download the application form and the household worksheet from the following website: “getinternet.gov/apply?ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D” and make print copies of these documents.
- Complete the application form and the household worksheet.
- Now prepare the eligibility documents that you need to submit for the ACP program.
- Now, send the application form and the household worksheet, along with all other documents to the following address: ACP Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
- The FCC will review your application and send a confirmation email about their decision. You have to be patient, because it takes up to 60 days to complete the processing of your application.
- Apply through Direct City Communication Website: You may apply through the City Communication Website. Just go to their website: “citycom.co/index.php/broadband-wireless-home-phone“, and follow their application instruction and submit application for free internet from city communication. Await for approval for a few days.
City Communications Internet Coverage Area
We don’t find the specific coverage area on the City Communication’s website. But if you are interested to know about it, you may contact them on the following number: Call: +18778411166 and visit their web page: citycom.co/index.php/contact-us.
How long does it take to get a connection from city communications free internet
City Communications aims to complete the installation process within 1-2 weeks of receiving a service request. But it may take more or less time depending on some factors, such as the type of internet connection you want to get, the availability of City Communications free internet in your area, and the installation process.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Connect city communications internet on your Device?
If you want to connect City Communications internet on your device you can do so by the following ways: First ensure that your device is turned on and has Wi-Fi or ethernet enabled. Check in your device’s Wi-Fi settings to find out City Communications network name (SSID). Now enter the Wi-Fi password to your device. Within a few seconds you will be connected to the internet.
If you want to use an ethernet connection, connect the Ethernet cable from your device to the Ethernet Port on your router or modem. Now you can be connected to the internet.
Does City Communications have any Internet Plan?
City Communications gives monthly free internet under the Affordable Connectivity program. In their website we will not get any information about any other plans. But if you are interested you may contact their customer care to inquire if they have other plans also.
Can I Get Free Device from city communications?
Yes, you can get a free tablet/cellphone from City Communications under the Affordable Connectivity Program.
Are there any hidden fees involved in City Communications Internet services?
No, there are no hidden fees involved in City Communications internet services.
How do I cancel my city communications internet service?
You can call and talk to a customer support agent to cancel your internet service. He/She may ask you for your account information and the reason for the cancellation. You will explain the situation and tell him/her the reason. Then the Customer service agent will process your cancellation request.
How do I Contact city communications for the free internet?
You can contact City Communications:
- Call: +18778411166
- E-mail: [email protected]