You may get an almost free tablet with free internet from Clear Wireless under the Affordable Connectivity Program. If you are a low-income individual or household and badly need a connected device with monthly free internet, then apply for this government initiative, the Affordable Connectivity Program. In this article I discuss everything, from applying to the program to getting the free tablet in hand. So, come with me and explore how you can get an almost free tablet with free internet from Clear Wireless.
Steps to Get Clear Wireless Free Tablet Through The Affordable Connectivity Program
You have to go through the following steps to get a free tablet from Clear Wireless under the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Check your eligibility for the Affordable Connectivity Program to get Clear Wireless Free Tablet.
- If you are eligible, then collect proof documents of your eligibility.
- Go to the USAC website and navigate to the application page. Fill out the application form and the household worksheet. If you plan to apply via mail, you can take print out of the application form and the household worksheet from this website, and complete these paper applications.
- Upload your eligibility documents (If you want to apply online). Or, prepare photocopies of the eligibility documents. (If you plan to apply via mail).
- Submit your online application and the household worksheet with uploaded documents. Or, submit paper application and household worksheet with photocopies of eligibility documents.
- Now you have to wait for the approval of the ACP application.
- If your application is approved, contact Clear wireless to get your free tablet and other ACP benefits.
- Wait for 7 to 10 business days to get your clear wireless tablet and other benefits.
- Now you have a Clear Wireless Free Tablet. Customize it and use it as you like and enjoy all its features and benefits.
Requirements For ACP Program To Get Clear Wireless Free Tablet
To get a clear wireless free tablet, you must be eligible for the ACP Program. Not only that, you have to submit proof of your eligibility. Then you may apply for the program and if you are approved then get a free tablet from Clear Wireless.
You can be eligible for a free tablet from Clear Wireless under the Affordable Connectivity Program in two different ways. You can be eligible through your or your household’s income, or you can be eligible through your or any of your household member’s participation in certain Government Assistance Programs.
- The income based eligibility: If your or your household’s annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guideline, then you or the household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program to get the Clear Wireless Free Tablet.
- Program Participation based eligibility: If you or any member of your household participates in any of certain Government Assistance Programs, then you or the household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity program to get the Clear Wireless Free Tablet. The government assistance programs are as follows:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA).
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program
- Receiving a Federal Pell Grant Award in the current award year by your child makes your household eligible for the program.
If you or any member of your household lives in qualifying Tribal Land and participates in any of the following Tribal Assistance Program, then you or the household is also considered to be qualified for the Affordable Connectivity Program to get Clear Wireless Free Tablet.
- Tribal assistance programs are as follows:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations(FDPIR).
After Knowing that you are eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program, your next step is to collect proof of your eligibility to get a Clear Wireless Free Tablet. You need to collect documents to prove your income status and other statuses such as age or emancipation status, Program Participation status, etc. You have to submit proof of your identity, address, social security number and proof that proves you are alive. All these documents are needed to ensure proper distribution of ACP benefits.
- Documents to verify identity: To get Clear Wireless Free Tablet under ACP, identity verification is very important to prevent false application. You must submit one of the following documents for the verification of your identity.
- Documents: A driver’s license, Passport, or Birth certificate.
- Documents to verify Age/Emancipation Status: You must be 18 years old or over to apply for the ACP program to get Clear Wireless Tablet. If you are under 18, then you must be an emancipated minor to apply for the program. You must submit documents to prove your age.
- Documents: A valid ID, Passport, Birth certificate, or Emancipation certificate.
- Documents to verify Address: Your address verification is important to ensure that the ACP benefits reach the correct person, in that case, you. Submit a document that contains your valid address, with your full name.
- Documents: A valid ID, Driver’s license, Utility bill, or a Recent mortgage or lease statement, W-2, or Tax return.
- Documents to prove your Income: If you want to get a Clear Wireless Free Tablet, then you have to submit a document that proves your income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Documents: A prior year’s State, Federal, or Tribal tax return, Current income statement from your employer, Paycheck stub, Social Security statement of benefits, or Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits.
- Documents to prove your participation in certain government programs: If you participate in certain government programs, then submit a document to prove your enrollment in the program. This document may contain your full name, the program’s name, the document issuing institution’s name, and a valid date.
- Documents: Approval letters, benefit award letters, benefit verification letters, or benefit statements.
Also do not forget to submit documents to prove that you are alive. You also have to submit documents to prove your social security number.
Please, do not submit original documents. Instead submit copies of the documents. Because your sent documents are unreturnable.
Application Process For The Affordable Connectivity Program To Get A Clear Wireless Free Tablet
You can apply for the Affordable Program online, via mail, or via Clear Wireless to get a free tablet. If you are able to apply online, then you can apply online. If you do not have the opportunity to apply online, or are comfortable with applying via mail, you can apply via mail. There are many people among us who do not have the ability or technical knowledge to apply online or via mail. They can take help from Clear Wireless and apply through them.
Here I discuss how you can apply for the Clear Wireless Free Tablet under the Affordable Connectivity Program:
Apply Through Online
To get Clear Wireless Free Tablet, You may apply online for the Affordable Connectivity Program in the following process:
- First you need to navigate to the ACP website at: “getinternet.gov/apply?ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D“
- Here in the Home page, you have to click on the “Apply ” button.
- An application form appears in front of you. Fill it up with necessary information.
- Now, tap ‘Next’ and follow on screen instructions to complete the application.
- You have to upload eligibility documents.
- Submit your application.
- The National Verifier will review your application and send an email confirmation to notify you of their decision.
- If your application is approved, you will get a discount up to $100 or free tablet for only $20 as one time setup fee from your Clear Wireless.
Apply Via mail
You can apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program via mail for the Clear Wireless Free Tablet in the following way.
- You can get the paper application by downloading the application form and the household worksheet from the following website: “getinternet.gov/apply?ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D” and by taking print out of the application form.
- Properly complete the application form and the household worksheet.
- Now collect the required documents that are needed to support your eligibility for the program. Make photocopies of all the documents.
- Send the application form and the household worksheet, along with all other documents to the following address: ACP Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
- The National Verifier will review your application and notify you of their decision by sending an email confirmation.
- If your application is approved you will get a coupon via mail that you can redeem for a free tablet from Clear Wireless.
Apply Through Clear Wireless Website
For the Free Tablet, you can apply through Clear Wireless website in the following way:
- Go to Clear wireless website application page: “apply.clearwireless.com“.
- Enter your Zip Code and email address.
- Tap ‘Continue’.
- Now, Follow the online instructions to complete the application.
- Upload your eligibility documents as required.
- Submit the application.
- Wait for approval.
How to Check The Status of Your Clear Wireless Free Tablet Application
- Via Clear Wireless’s Website: To review or check the application status follow the steps below:
- First you need to go to Clear Wireless official webpage at: “clearwireless.com“.
- On the homepage navigate to the ‘sign in’ option. Click it and you will be directed to a new page.
- In this page you see the option to check your application status.
- Enter your Enrollment ID and Zip Code. Tap ‘Check Now’. Thus you can check your application status for Clear Wireless Free Tablet.
- Get email Confirmation: From FCC you will get an email confirmation when the final decision is taken about your application.
- Via Customer care: You may contact Clear wireless’s customer care to know the status of your application for free tablet. Contact them at: +1(888) 303- 6360 or send email at: [email protected].
Types of Tablets You Can Get Free from Clear Wireless
Clear wireless does not reveal what tablet brand and model they will provide to their clients. By asking the clients who get free tablets from Clear Wireless, we get to know that any of the following types of tablets you may get.
- Sky Pad Tablet.
- Alcatel Joy Tablet.
- BLU Tablet.
- Hyundai Tablet.
- Maxwest Astro 8R Tablet.
- KonnectONE Moxee Tablet.
- Samsung galaxy tab series.
- Apple iPad.
- Apple iPad Mini.
Activation Process After Getting Clear Wireless Free Tablet
If you want to use your Clear Wireless free tablet , then you must activate it. The activation process is not tough, it is easy. You can do it yourself. You have to activate the SIM Card with the help of your tablet. That’s all. For your kind consideration the process is given here.
Activate The Free Tablet Using The SIM
Activating the clear wireless free tablet using the SIM Card is an easy process. Install the SIM Card properly into your tablet. Now turn on the tablet. Your tablet’s SIM activation process starts automatically. If the process does not start automatically, then you have to enter the SIM activation code that you received with your SIM. Enter the SIM activation code and you will see that your SIM activation process Starts automatically.
Here in short the SIM activation process is mentioned:
- First, install the SIM onto your clear wireless free tablet properly.
- Now turn the tablet on.
- When the tablet is turned on, the welcome screen comes.
- From the welcome screen choose your language and region.
- You need an internet connection to activate the SIM. If you have a Wi-Fi network on your location, select it.
- Enter the password for the Wi-Fi network.
- Now, tap ‘Set Up Manually.’
- Tap ‘SIM Card’.
- After that, enter your SIM card details. Say, your SIM card number, PIN, and PUK, carrier name, APN, etc.
- Now, create a passcode for your tablet.
- Tap ’Next’.
- The tablet will activate the SIM within a few minutes. After activation you can use your clear wireless free tablet. You can make and receive phone calls, send and receive SMS and also use your cellular data.
If you cannot activate the SIM yourself for any reason, you may take help from Clear wireless customer service. Contact them at: +1(888) 303-6360 or send email at: [email protected].
Benefits You Can Get after Approval of Clear Wireless free Tablet Application
After the approval of your Clear Wireless Free Tablet application, you will get the following benefits. You will get a tablet for only copay of $20.
You also get $30 discount on your monthly internet service (If you are a resident of Non Tribal lands) and $75 discount on your monthly internet service (If you are a resident of Tribal Land).
There Are Some Restrictions To Get Clear Wireless Free Tablet
There are some restrictions to get ACP benefits / Clear Wireless Free tablet. These are:
- Only the low-income people who are eligible through their income or through participation in certain Government Assistance Programs can apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program/ to get clear wireless free tablet.
- An eligible person or household may get only one service discount per month and a one time only device discount.
- Your Affordable Connectivity Program benefits are non transferable. That means you cannot transfer your benefits to any other person or household. Though the person or household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- The address you provide for the program must be your place of residence.
- If you want to be approved by the Affordable Connectivity Program, You must provide your date of birth, social security number , proof of identification, proof of income and proof of program participation.
- You Should provide accurate and authentic information in your application. If you provide wrong and unauthentic information in your application willingly to get the program benefits, then you will be punished. You even can be imprisoned, or barred from the program.
- In the Affordable Connectivity Program, you do not have the opportunity to choose a specific brand or model of tablet. You have to accept any brand or model that is given to you.
- You must use your service at least once a month. If you don’t use your service every month, then your ACP benefits will be dismissed.
- If you are no longer eligible for the program, or if you change your address, then you must notify Clear Wireless about it within 30 days.
Causes for Rejection of Your Clear Wireless Free Tablet Application and Solutions
For some reasons, your application for a free tablet from Clear Wireless can be rejected. Here I will briefly write about the causes for rejection and their solutions.
- Your application may contain wrong, incomplete, and out of date information. Providing such information may cause the rejection of your application.
- Solution: Double check the application and ensure that there is no wrong, incomplete , or out of date information.
- To prove your eligibility, you have to submit some documents. If you are unable to submit any of these documents or any additional documents asked by the authority, then your application can be rejected.
- Solution: Try your best to provide all documents that are needed for the ACP program. If additional documents are needed, also provide them.
- You may face technical problems when you apply. And your application may not be submitted properly for these technical issues. And your application can be rejected.
- Solution: When you are applying for the program, make sure that the internet connection is stable and your device is fully functional. It leads to a proper submission of application
- According to the ACP rule, one person or a household can submit only one application at a time. If you provide more than one application at a time from the same household, then your application may have been rejected.
- Solution: Do not submit more than one application at a time from the same household. This helps your application to be approved.
- The Affordable Connectivity Program has a deadline to apply for it. If you miss this deadline, then your application may have been rejected.
- Solution: Follow the deadline and apply before that. It helps your application to be protected from rejection.
- If you take the same advantage as the Affordable Connectivity Program from another government program, then these two programs overlap and lead to the rejection of your application. (Lifeline Program is an exception)
- Solution: Always avoid overlapping of benefits. You should take advantage of the Affordable Connectivity Program only.
- If you apply for a free tablet from a state where Clear Wireless does not have their service, then your application can be rejected.
- Solution: Before applying for the program, you must check if your state is included in the service area of Clear Wireless.
Is the Clear Wireless free tablet truly “free”?
Clear Wireless tablet is not absolutely free. You have to copay $20 one-time setup fee for the tablet. We can say the tablet is almost free.
How long will it take to receive my Clear Wireless free tablet after registration?
After registration it will take 7 to 10 business days to receive the tablet. Actually it depends on the availability of tablets, the states from where it is distributed and received, the ship date, etc.
If I already receive Lifeline benefits. Will I automatically receive ACP program benefits from Clear Wireless?
If you already receive Lifeline Benefits, then you are eligible for the ACP Program. But you do not receive ACP benefits automatically. To get the ACP benefits you have to be enrolled in the ACP Program.
Can I bring my own device to Clear Wireless?
Yes, you can bring your own device to Clear Wireless. If you have a tablet that you love, you can keep it under the service ‘BYOD’ from Clear Wireless. But for that your tablet should be compatible with Clear wireless’s network and must be unlocked.
Can I upgrade my tablet at Clear Wireless?
Yes, you can upgrade your free tablet at Clear Wireless. If you are bored of using your existing tablet and want more features and functionality, then you may upgrade your tablet to a newer tablet model. But for this service you have to pay an upgrade fee to Clear Wireless.