A US citizen with an EBT card means he/she must have participated in Food Stamp or SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) Program. As the person has participated in the SNAP , he/she is already eligible for the recent Government initiative , the Affordable Connectivity Program by the program’s eligibility criteria.
So, if you are an EBT card holder , then you can obviously apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program and if approved by the program, you can get an almost free iPad , at a huge discount( Discount Up to $100). You have to copay only $10.01 to take this awesome offer. So, why wait? Apply for the program and get your desired iPad. In this article, I am with you to reveal everything you need to know about getting an iPad with EBT Card.
Steps to get a Free iPad using EBT Card
From the application for your desired iPad to getting it in hand, you have to go through some steps. Here I mention in short the overall steps to get a free iPad with the EBT card.
- Select A Provider: Your first task is to select a provider from which you get all benefits of The ACP. Choose a provider that is nearer to your location so that you can contact them for any query or service. You can find a provider near your location by the ACP’s provider locator tool.
- Visit Provider’s Website: After the selection of the provider, you need to go to their webpage to know more about their service. You may visit their website to know about how you can apply for the ACP from their website.
- Apply For A Free iPad: Now apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program to get an almost free iPad with EBT. As you are eligible for the SNAP Program, you can surely apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Wait For Approval: Now you have to wait for approval of your application. In most of the cases, the application is approved immediately. But if the authority needs to verify further or requires additional verification , then it takes 2\3 days to be approved by the program.
- Receive & Activate your iPad : After approval of the application, the iPad is shipped to your address . You will get the iPad in your hand within 7 to 10 business days after it is shipped. After getting the iPad, you have to activate it to use it .
MVNOs That Offer Free iPad Through EBT
Some MVNOs offer free iPads for you if you participate in the Affordable Connectivity Program and are approved by the Program.
Cintex Wireless, AirTalk Wireless, New Phone Wireless, and some other Wireless providers give such service. Here in short I write about these providers and how they provide ACP benefits.
1. Cintex Wireless
Cintex Wireless offers iPads for almost free with the Affordable Connectivity Program. If an individual person or household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program, apply for the program and approved by the program, then the person or the household can receive an almost free iPad ( Just have to copay $10.01) . A person or household with EBT card can also apply for the ACP Program, as he is eligible through SNAP.
2. AirTalk Wireless
AirTalk Wireless offers an almost free iPad with EBT through the government’s new initiative the Affordable Connectivity Program. If a person or household is eligible through income ( If his/her annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guideline) or through Participation (Participates in certain government assistance programs) , then he or she can apply for the ACP and if approved , then get an iPad from AirTalk Wireless. He/she just needs to copay only $ 10.01 for the iPad.
List of Some Providers and Organizations that Offer Free Tablets and iPads
Here are some providers and Non profit organizations that may provide free iPads with EBT to their honorable clients. We can mention them as most of the providers provide iPads to their clients if iPads are available for distribution. But if you want to be sure of it, then please contact them to know details.
- Q Link Wireless
- Easy Wireless
- StandUp Wireless
- Excess Wireless
- PCs for People
- On it Foundation
Requirements to get Free iPad with EBT under ACP Program
- Eligibility Requirements for free iPad With EBT: You do not need to fulfill any extra eligibility requirements as you are already eligible through the SNAP Program( As you have the EBT Card).
- Necessary Documents To Get a Free iPad With EBT: If you want to get an iPad with the SNAP program , then you have to submit the following documents:
- Proof of your eligibility for SNAP benefits, such as your SNAP identification card or a letter confirming your enrollment in the program.
- Proof of your identity, such as a valid driver’s license, passport, or other government-issued ID.
- Proof of your residency, such as a utility bill, lease agreement, or other documentation that shows you live at a particular address.
- Additional documents that may be required by the organization offering the free iPad, such as a completed application form or other paperwork.
Application Process for Getting a Free iPad With EBT
You can apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program online, via mail, or via a provider to get free iPad with EBT. The application procedures are described below:
Apply Via Online
You can apply online for the Affordable Connectivity Program in the following process:
- First , go to the Affordable Connectivity Program’s website at: getinternet.gov/apply?ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D.
- Now, click on the “Apply ” button.
- Sign in to your account. If you don’t have an account, then create one.
- Now follow the on screen instructions and complete the application.
- You also need to upload your eligibility documents.
- Now, submit your application.
- The USAC ( Universal Service Administrative Company) will review your application and send an email confirmation mentioning if you are approved by the program or your application is denied.
- If your application is approved, you will get a highly discounted tablet or iPad (Discount up to $100) from your preferred provider for only a copay of $10.01.
- If your application is denied, you may reapply for the program next time.
Apply Via Mail
All applicants may not afford to apply online and some of them may be comfortable with applying via mail. Like them, if you want to apply via mail , you can apply via mail also. The application process is as follows:
- To apply via mail, first you need to download the application form and the household worksheet from this website: “affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply” and take print out of these papers.
- Now, fully complete the application form and the household worksheet.
- You also need to prepare all documents that are needed as proof of your eligibility.
- Now, send the application form and the household worksheet , along with all other documents to the following address: ACP Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
- The USAC will review your application and notify you if you are approved or denied for the program by sending an email confirmation.
- If your application is approved , you will get a coupon from your preferred provider that can be redeemed for a free iPad with EBT.
Apply Via A Provider
You can apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program via your preferred provider. The preferred provider can be Cintex Wireless, AirTalk Wireless, NewPhone Wireless, StandUp Wireless, Qlink Wireless, Easy Wireless, Excess Wireless, or any other wireless that provides free iPad with EBT.
- First , you need to go to your preferred provider’s web page.
- Then you may need to enter your Zip Code and email address.
- Then you may follow the onscreen instructions to complete the application process.
Steps to Check Your Free iPad with EBT Application Status
To check the status of your Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) application, you can follow these steps:
- First visit the ACP website at: “affordableconnectivity.gov“.
- Now click the “Manage My Benefit” button.
- If you already have opened an account , then log in to your account or create a new account.
- Once you are logged in, you will be able to see the status of your application.
If your application is not approved yet or if it is still pending, then you may see a message such as “Your application is being processed” or “We are reviewing your application.” But if your application has been approved, you will see a message just like “Your application has been approved” or “You are eligible for the ACP.”
You can also check the status of your ACP application by calling the ACP Support Center at 1-877-384-2575. Or email them at: “affordableconnectivity.gov/help“.
What iPad Model is Provided for Free Under the ACP with EBT
The Following iPad Models Are Provided Under the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Apple iPad Mini
- Apple iPad Mini2
- Apple iPad Mini 3
- Apple iPad Air
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Apple iPad 3
Steps To Activate a Free iPad
After getting your free iPad with EBT you have to activate it. Follow these steps to activate:
- Turn on your iPad by pressing and holding the power button on the top-right corner of the device.
- Select your language and region, then tap “Next”.
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network by selecting a network from the list of available networks or entering the network name and password.
- Wait for your free iPad to activate automatically, which can take a few minutes.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID and password. If you don’t have an Apple ID, you can create one by tapping “Create a Free Apple ID” and following the instructions.
- Set up Touch ID or Face ID if your iPad supports it, or create a passcode to secure your device.
- Choose whether to enable Siri, the virtual assistant.
- If you agree to the terms and conditions, then tap “Agree” to continue.
- Choose whether to set up as a new iPad or restore from a backup.
- Wait for your iPad to finish setting up and downloading any updates.
Once your iPad is activated, you can start using it to browse the web, download apps, and more.
Others Benefit You Get With The Free iPad with EBT
- You can get the following benefits along with the iPad:
- 8GB of Data.
- Unlimited Talk.
- Unlimited Text.
- Other features you get:
- Caller ID.
- Call Waiting.
- 3-Way Calling, and
Reasons for Rejection of the Application for Free iPad Through EBT and Their Solutions
- If your application is incomplete and provides inaccurate information.
- Solution: You should double check your application for accuracy and completeness before submitting it.
- If you fail to provide necessary documents.
- Solution: Your application must have the necessary documents that are needed for the program.
- If the program does not have enough funding or has resource limitations.
- Solution: In that case you have to wait until additional funding or resources become available.
- If you do fraud or intentional misrepresentation.
- Solution: Always be honest. Provide true and accurate information in your application.
The Other Ways To You Get a Free iPad
There are several ways to get a free iPad without EBT card and other than the Affordable Connectivity Program. Some of these ways include:
- Contests and giveaways: Companies often hold contests and giveaways where they offer free iPads as prizes. Keep an eye on social media and online forums to stay updated and participate in these contests to get an iPad for free.
- Trade-in offers: Some companies offer trade-in deals where you can exchange an old device for a new iPad.
- Referral programs: Some companies offer referral programs where you can participate and refer your friends and relatives about their products and services. If you can give the company a mentionable profit by this referral program, they may give you an iPad as a reward.
- Education discounts: To inspire and promotes Apple products the company often offers discounts on their products, including iPads to the students. You may try this offer.
- Charitable donations: Some non-profit organizations may offer free iPads as a “Thank you for making a donation” offer. You may take the opportunity.
- Online surveys: Some companies may offer free iPads to people who participate in online surveys. You may take the opportunity.
- Social media contests: Companies often hold social media contests where they offer free iPads as prizes. You can participate in these contests by following the company’s social media accounts and completing the required actions, such as liking, sharing, or commenting on their posts.
- Beta testing: Some companies may offer free iPads to people who participate in beta testing for their products. You can participate in these programs and get an iPad.
How to find a participating provider near your location that offers a free iPad with EBT?
You can take the help from ACP’s Provider Locator Tool to find a participating provider near your location that offers a free iPad with EBT.
Can I Get a Free iPad under ACP, if I’m not eligible for EBT Card?
Of course you can. If you are eligible through income, or you participate in certain government assistance programs, then you will be eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program and you can apply for the program. If you are approved, then you may contact your preferred provider and get an iPad for a copay of $10.01
How long does it take to receive a Free iPad with EBT?
It takes one week to two. Actually it depends on the approval date of the application, Shipped date and the state where you live and receive the iPad from.
Can I upgrade my Free iPad with EBT to a newer model?
Yes, you can upgrade your iPad with EBT to a newer model. But you have to pay an upgrade fee to get this service.
Is there a limit to receiving iPads through the Affordable Connectivity Program?
The Affordable Connectivity Program offers only one iPad per household. so, you can get one iPad.
Can I apply for a free iPad with EBT if I already own an iPad?
If you own an iPad that you do not get through the Affordable Connectivity Program, then you may apply for the program to get a free iPad though you have an iPad already.
Can I sell my Free iPad with EBT?
No, you cannot sell the iPad that you get through EBT. Because it is the government’s property. You have to return it when you are no longer eligible for the ACP Program. So, you have no right to sell your free iPad that you get through EBT.
Can I Get a Free iPhone With EBT?
You can also get a free iPhone with EBT. As you are eligible by SNAP (As you have an EBT Card), you can apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program. If you are approved by the program, then you may get an iPhone as a benefit from the program.