Are you a participant of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)? Chances are that you normally use your EBT card to enjoy the benefits of this program. Besides enjoying the benefits that come with this program, it is imperative to note that you can now get a free tablet from the Federal Government. Here, you will be required to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program and you will be able to get a discounted or almost free tablet right away. With this tablet in place, you will be able to keep in touch with those whom you love, work online, access emergency health care services and so much more. Since you already know that you can get a free tablet with EBT, time is ripe for you know the various processes involved, the eligibility requirements one needs to meet, why you might get disqualified from getting a free tablet with EBT, among other related ideas.
Programs That Offer Free Tablets through EBT
Like we have mentioned above, you can now get a free tablet with EBT via the Affordable Connectivity Program. To start with, this program was established on December 31st 2021 after the EBB program came to an end. One qualification to enjoy the beneficiaries of this program is to either have an income that stands at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Alternatively, you can be a beneficiary of a government assistance program such as SNAP. With an EBT card, you are already a beneficiary of a government program and thus you automatically qualify for the ACP program.
Although you might get a free tablet with EBT via ACP, the model that you will get is not free per se. To put this into perspective, you need to part with at least $10 and not more than $50 towards the purchase of your tablet. Your ACP service on the other hand will provide a one-time discount of up to $100.With this discount in place, you will not have to break the bank for you to purchase your tablet of choice.
Ways to Get a Free Tablet with EBT
The process of getting a free tablet with EBT is not complicated at all. To begin with, you have to ensure that you qualify for the SNAP program. For instance, you have to ensure that your income stands at or is below 130% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Also, you ought to meet some of the work and resource requirements that we shall discuss in the subsequent sections.
Besides qualifying for the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program, you should ensure that you have copies of your personal and eligibility documents. With these documents at hand, you can now apply for the ACP facility. When applying for the free tablet with EBT, ensure that you enter the right details and then attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents and then submit your application for approval. If you meet the eligibility requirements of your ACP carrier, note that you will be able to get a discounted tablet alongside free unlimited text, mobile data and minutes of talk.
Eligibility Criteria for a Free Tablet with EBT
For you to qualify for a free tablet with EBT, there is a need for you to meet the SNAP eligibility requirements. In the subsequent sections, we shall discuss these requirements in details so that you can know them better.
You should ensure that your monthly income stands at or is below 130% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
If you normally work between 30 and 80 hours per week, be certain that you qualify to enjoy the SNAP program. Additionally, caregivers, students, disabled people and those individuals who are incapacitated are eligible for the SNAP program. The same applies to those individuals who are in drug rehabilitation centers.
However, for them to be SNAP-eligible, they have to work for 30 hours on a weekly basis. On the other hand, those who are able-bodied and are between the age of 18 and 49,and are not pregnant and do not have dependents below the age of 18 years are needed to work or volunteer for 80 months on a monthly basis.
You can qualify for SNAP if you are a student and come from low-income family or household.
Immigrant status eligibility
Supposing you are a legal immigrant that has resided in the United States for 5 years and above, and have been a beneficiary of a disability-related assistance or have kids who are below the age of 18 years, trust that you are SNAP-eligible.
Your housing expenditure should stand at or be below 30% of your household’s income.
Document Required to Get a Free Tablet with EBT
When applying for a free tablet with EBT, you will be required to submit copies of your personal and eligibility documents. As far as the personal documents are concerned, consider submitting copies of the following documents:
- Your valid U.S driving license
- Your government-issued, military, Tribal or state ID
- Birth certificate
- Green card or permanent resident card
- U.S citizenship or naturalization
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- Your utility bill
- The most recent tax or W-2 return document
- Your lease or mortgage statement
To prove that you earn a low income, consider submitting copies of any of these documents:
- Your prior year’s state, Tribal or Federal tax return
- Your Veteran Administration statement of benefits
- Your paycheck stub
- Your Social Security statement of benefits
- Your divorce decree
- Your child support
- Your Unemployment or worker’s compensation statement of benefits
- Your pension or retirement statement of benefits
To prove that you are a beneficiary of SNAP, consider submitting copies of any of these documents:
- Benefit verification letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit award letter
- Approval letter
Application Process to Get a Free Tablet with EBT
During the application process, there are 3 main methods that can help you get started. First, you can choose to apply for a free tablet with EBT via the online, mail and through your preferred ACP service provider.
To apply via the online method, visit “nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/?awsl=link-from-how-to-apply&ebbp=true&id=nv_flow&ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D” and then key in your state or territory’s name. Thereafter, log in with your details. Once you are logged in, fill in the application form as required and then attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents. Thereafter, submit your application form for review.
You can also apply for a free tablet with EBT via the mail method. Here, you should visit “affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf” and then download the ACP application form. Also, visit “affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf” and then download the Household Worksheet as well. Thereafter, print these forms so that you can fill them with your details.
When filling these forms, enter the correct details and then attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents. Check that everything is correct and then mail the package to the ACP Support Center, using this address; PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
Finally, you can apply for a free tablet via your preferred ACP service provider. With the proliferation of ACP service providers operating in the U.S, you will not miss a carrier that offers this program in your state. Choose your carrier of choice and then visit its official website and then make an application from that end. When applying for a free tablet with EBT, ensure that you key in the right details and then attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents and then submit your application form.
List of Other Providers That Offer Free Tablet with EBT
The following are some of the carriers that offer free tablets with EBT:
- Qlink Wireless
- StandUp Wireless
- AirTalk Wireless
- Excess Wireless
- Easy Wireless
- Maxsip Telecom
- Go Technology Management
- Moolah Wireless
Some Reasons for Disqualifying for Getting a Free Tablet with Food Stamps
Your application to get a free tablet with Food stamps might be rejected due to the following reasons:
- You are not 18 years and above.
- You do not live in the United States.
- You entered the wrong details during the application process.
- You failed to submit copies of your personal and eligibility documents during the application process.
- You are not a beneficiary of the Food Stamp or SNAP program.
- You did not meet the ACP eligibility requirements of your preferred service provider.
- You uploaded blurry photos of your personal and eligibility documents during the application process.
Solutions to the above-mentioned issues include:
- Always ensure that you key in the right details during the application process
- Ensure that you are 18 years and above before you kickstart the application process.
- Be a resident of the United States so that your application can be approved. More importantly, reside in a state where your preferred ACP service provider offers its services.
- Once you fill in the application form, remember to attach copies of your personal and eligibility documents to that form before submitting it for review.
- Before uploading copies of your personal and eligibility documents, ensure that they are clear and not blur at all. Better still, they should be valid and complete documents.
Alternative Ways to Get a Free Tablet
Besides applying for the free tablet with EBT via ACP, you can now get a discounted or a free model via the following methods:
- Visit your local church and establish if you can get a free tablet
- Visit your nearest public library and ask the attendant there whether you can get a free tablet. Thankfully, most public libraries allow their users to get a free tablet. Also, you will be able to get free internet that will enable you to remain connected.
- Consider visiting online platforms such as the Freecycle, Craigslist, or even the Facebook Market place. Once you visit any of these platforms, you will not miss a discounted or a free tablet that might meet your needs.
- Participate in an online giveaway. However, you need to be keen not to be scammed.
Apart from the above-mentioned methods, consider applying for a free or discounted tablet from non-government organizations and charity groups such as:
- The Salvation Army
- Computer Technology Assistance Corporation
- Computer For Learning
- Computer with Causes
- World Computer Exchange
- The On It Foundation
- Microsoft Registered Refurbished
Benefits of Receiving Free Tablets with EBT
Once you receive your free tablet with EBT, here are the benefits that you are bound to enjoy:
- You will be able to learn online.
- The tablet will allow you to do business online.
- With the tablet in place, you will be able to access emergency healthcare services.
- The tablet allows you to look for better job opportunities on the internet.
- The tablet allows you to keep in touch with those whom you love.
- When it comes to entertainment, the tablet does not disappoint as it allows you to watch movies, stream online content, play mobile games, surf the internet and so much more.
- It also allows you to know the current happening in your locality or state
- Depending on the ACP carrier you choose to work with, you might be lucky to enjoy free mobile hotspot data. If you are allocated this data, you will be able to connect other devices to the internet without having to buy data for each one of them.
- Besides the tablet, you will enjoy other incredible offers such as unlimited talk and text. Moreover, you will enjoy unlimited mobile data, thereby allowing you to remain connected inexpensively.
- If you live in Tribal lands, you will enjoy discounts of up to $75 per month. However, if you live on non-Tribal lands, you can expect to enjoy discounts of up to $30 per month. These discounts goes a long way in reducing your monthly bill significantly.
How long does it take to receive the free tablet With EBT?
Once you apply for a free tablet with EBT, you can expect to get it within a period of 7 to 10 business days.
How can I check my free tablet application status?
If you applied via the National Verifier, you should contact them and ask them whether your application was approved or not. However, if you applied via your preferred ACP carrier, you just need to visit its official website and then check the application status from that end.
What are some of the free tablets with EBT can I get, in case my application is approved?
In case your application was approved, some of the free tablets with EBT that you are likely to get include: Samsung Galaxy Tab S, Alcatel Joy Tab 2, Apple iPad Air, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2018, KonnectONE Moxee tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab E, among others.
What benefits can you enjoy once you qualify for a free tablet with EBT?
After obtaining a free tablet with EBT, be certain that you will enjoy incredible benefits such as working online, learning online, accessing emergency health care, more entertainment, ability to share your mobile hotspot data with other devices, and so on.
Can I enjoy free internet with EBT?
Not really. However, you will enjoy some discount on your monthly cell phone bill. This will go a long way in enabling you reduce the overall cost of being connected.
Is there a limit to the number of free tablets I can receive?
Yes.You will only receive one tablet at a time. This applies to every household that opt to apply for the ACP facility.
What should I do if I have a problem with my free tablet?
You can contact your carrier’s customer support team and let them know that your free tablet has issues. If you are going to get a replacement model, you will be notified alongside the respective costs that you might incur thereafter.