Nowadays, tablets have become very crucial in our lives. Although important, these devices are costly to buy and not affordable to everyone, especially low-income citizens. Fortunately, you can get a free tablet though Medicaid. Before we discuss more on how to get free tablets with Medicaid, let’s first know what Medicaid is. This is a federal or state program that offers free or low cost health care services to low income individuals in the US. This is to help financially strained individuals, disabled, elderly or pregnant mothers to afford health services with ease. Besides free health care services, Medicaid members can also get a free tablet through the government’s affordable connectivity program.
Therefore, if you are an approved Medicaid member who need a free tablet, you can get one through a very easy process. Please note that Medicaid don’t offer free tablets to their members directly. Instead, it acts like a gateway to get a free tablet from ACP. In this tutorial, we will discuss in details on how to get free tablet with Medicaid. We will also help you know how to qualify for a free tablet with Medicaid, documents needed and various providers through which you can get a free Medicaid tablet. Continue reading our guide to learn more!
Way to Apply for Medicaid Services
Before getting a free tablet with Medicaid, please note that you must first be enrolled for Medicaid program. In this section, we bring you a step-by-step guide to help you apply for Medicaid program successfully.
1. Check Medicaid Eligibility
There are several eligibility requirements that you must meet for you to qualify for Medicaid services. Factors like age, household size, and income level are highly considered when determining your eligibility. For instance, Medicaid covers children between 0-21 years, which can vary with your state, and some states only cover children up to 19 years and seniors starting at 65 years. Kindly open your browser and search for the URL “medicaid.gov/medicaid/eligibility/index.html” to check if you are eligible for Medicaid services.
Other requirements like household size and income vary from one state to another. This means that you must check out with your state to know what you must meet to qualify for Medicaid. The program also focuses on pregnant mothers and deaf people.
2. Gather the required documents
There are several documents that are needed to prove your income and identity when applying for Medicaid services. For example, you may be required to provide proof of income, like pay stubs, tax returns, and a copy of your driving license. Kindly note that you must be a resident of the United States before applying for Medicaid. Therefore, you should also upload proof of citizenship or legal residence documents.
3. Start your application
Once you have gathered all the required materials, the next step is to apply for Medicaid services. Besides, you can also apply for Medicaid through the government healthcare marketplace. You can also apply though your state by visiting this link “medicaid.gov/about-us/beneficiary-resources/index.html#statemenu”, select your state and contact the provided state numbers to start your application. Besides, you can locate a physical store and apply by sending them a mail through [email protected].
4. Fill out the application form
Medicaid requires you to provide personal information through an online form presented to you from their website. Before that, you will be required to create a healthcare account online, after which you can provide the requested information.
5. Submit your application
After filling in all the required data, you will be directed to a place where you are required to submit your application. Kindly ensure you attach all the eligibility documents before you hit the submit button.
After submission of your documents and data, Medicaid typically processes the information to see if you are eligible. Once the determination has been made, you will receive a notification either via email or on the online account informing your application status. Kindly note that it can either be accepted or denied. If your submission has been accepted, you will receive information about the services you are eligible for.
Procedure to Apply for a Free Tablet with Medicaid
Have you already qualified for Medicaid and looking for a way to get a free tablet? Look no more. Here is a procedure on how you can apply for a free tablet.
1. Apply for the Medicaid
As stated, the first step to getting a free tablet through Medicaid is applying for Medicaid program. If you have not applied, kindly follow the steps discussed above before applying for the tablet.
2. Enroll for ACP or lifeline
To get a free tablet through Medicaid, you must also enroll for a government ACP program. You can apply for ACP online through visiting the affordable connectivity program official website and fill the provided form “affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply”. You can also apply via mail through sending your application to:
ACP support center
P.O Box 7081
London, KY 40742
3. Get approval
Once you submit your form, you will get approved by the national lifeline verifier. Kindly note that your application is subject to approval or rejection. Once you get approved, you can now select a provider that offers free tablets through ACP.
4. Find a Lifeline or ACP provider in your state
There are several providers that offers free Medicaid tablets through the ACP program. Luckily, we have discussed these providers below in this guide. Before enrolling for any provider, you must ensure that it offers services in your state.
5. Apply for a free tablet
After selecting a provider, you should now apply for your free tablet. While applying for a free tablet with your service provider, you will be required to submit proof that you participate in Medicaid program. You should also attach your address and identity proof documents. Once you attach proof, your provider will approve your free tablet request. Once approved, select a plan that offers free tablet and the provider will send your tablet to your address.
Below are examples of documents needed when applying for a free tablet from your service provider?
Necessary Documentation or Information that may be Required to Submit a Request for a Tablet
Are you planning to apply for a free tablet with Medicaid Lifeline or ACP provider? Here are some crucial documents that you will need to attach before you submit your application.
1. Identity documents
These are documents to prove your legal identity. These are documents like: U.S driver’s license, Your passport, Permanent resident card, Individual Taxpayer Identification Number(ITIN) document, Government, state, military or Tribal ID, Birth certificate, Certificate of U.S citizenship or naturalization or Green card.
2. Address documents
Such documents include utility bills, Lease or mortgage statement or rental agreements, mainly used to prove your state and residential address.
3. Eligibility documents
This are documents with proof that you are enrolled for Medicaid. It can be your Medicaid approval letter or verification letter. Please note that these documents should entail the name of the program (Medicaid), your legal name and your document issue date or a future expiring date.
Best Providers Who Provide Free Tablets with Medicaid
As mentioned earlier, you need to select an ACP provider to get a free Medicaid tablet. Here are some providers that offer free tablet with if you qualify for Medicaid services.
1. Standup Wireless
Standup Wireless is an ACP provider through which eligible participants can get up to $100 discount towards purchasing a tablet. Kindly note that you will be charged $10.01 per the FCC regulations. If you are a Medicaid participant, you can get a discounted tablet through standup wireless that features: 8-inch screen size, quality cameras, sleek design and long lasting battery. To apply for a free Medicaid tablet from standup wireless, visit the page “standupwireless.com/acp/tablets” and get stated.
2. QLink Wireless
QLink Wireless is another reliable service provider that offers free tablets through the ACP program. As long as you are approved from Medicaid, you can get a free tablet from this company after making a co-payment of $10.01. From this carrier, you can get any model of tablet subject to availability. To know more about free Medicaid tablet with Qlink, visit this page “qlinkwireless.com/acp”.
3. TruConnect Wireless
TruConnect is another Lifeline and ACP provider where you can get a free tablet. If you are a Medicaid eligible customer, you can receive up to $100 towards purchasing a tablet after paying $10.01. Similar to Qlink wireless, truconnect doesn’t disclose the type and model of tablet available for free. However, you will get a free tablet subject to availability. To know more about medicaid free tablet from TruConnect wireless, visit this page “truconnect.com”.
4. Cintex Wireless
This is another reliable ACP service provider that offers free tablets through the government’s ACP program. To get a free tablet from cintex wireless however, you should first make an upfront payment of $10.01. Are you a Medicaid member who is in need of a free tablet from cintex wireless? Brace yourself to get free tablets like: Samsung galaxy Tab 4, Samsung galaxy tab S2, Samsung galaxy Tab S3, Alcatel joy Tab 2, Samsung galaxy tab A 2020, Alcatel joy tab, Samsung galaxy Tab E and so on. To know more about free Medicaid tablet from Cintex wireless, please visit this page “cintexwireless.com/tablet”.
5. AirTalk Wireless
This is another reliable ACP wireless service provider that offers a discount of up to $100 towards purchasing a tablet. Similar to other carriers, this carrier also requires you to make a co-payment of at least $10.01 to get your tablet. From air talk wireless, you can be lucky to get a free tablet like Apple IPad 4, Apple IPad mini, Samsung Tab A7 lite and Samsung galaxy Tab S, Alcatel joy Tab 2, Samsung galaxy Tab 4 and Samsung galaxy Tab E. To know more about free Medicaid tablet from air talk wireless, kindly visit this page “airtalkwireless.com”.
6. NewPhone Wireless
This is another incredible carrier that offers free Medicaid tablet through the ACP program. Once qualified, the company offers you a discount of up to 100$ after making a copayment of $10.01 towards purchasing a tablet. To apply for a free Medicaid tablet from new phone wireless, kindly visit this page “apply.newphone.com”.
Benefits of Having a Free Medicaid Tablet
Getting a free Medicaid tablet is such a privilege because of the benefits you will enjoy from it. Have you applied for your free Medicaid tablet? Here are some of the benefits that you will likely enjoy:
- You will enjoy free or discounted wireless services: After receiving your free Medicaid tablet, you will enjoy free text, call and data services depending with your selected service providers. For instance, carriers like cintex wireless ACP program will offer you a free tablet accompanied with free unlimited talk, text and monthly data services.
- You can easily access information: After receiving your free Medicaid tablet, you will be able to access crucial information online. As stated above, you will get free internet data after receiving your free Medicaid tablet. With the free allocated data, you can browse different webs and online materials to access crucial information online.
- Easy access to healthcare communication: Medicaid-free tablets allow you to communicate with your doctors in case of health problems. This means, you can easily access medical records remotely to enable easy management of your health condition.
- It gets you connected to your loved ones: Receiving a free Medicaid tablet makes it easier for you to communicate with your relatives and friends. Apart from calling and texting, the free tablet enables you to make video calls, which gives you a one-on-one feeling. You can also connect with distant friends via social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Educational tool: You can use the Medicaid-free tablet to study online. Besides, students can also access educational materials like videos and documents sent to them by their teacher. Additionally, they can use tablets to access academic portals to tackle assignments.
- Brain train: The free Medicaid tablet comes with online games, for example, puzzles, which are essential for brain power improvement. Besides, there are several other tasks that you can use to test your mind.
- It gives you a large display: Free Medicaid tablet has a larger screen display than smartphones, giving you an easy way to perform your daily activities because of the clarity you get from them. Some of the tablets from Medicaid are more powerful than some smartphones. The large screen display makes the tablet suitable for education, watching videos, and reading documents.
Ways to Get a Free Tablet Other Than Using Medicaid
As mentioned above, there are a number or eligibility requirements to meet before getting a free tablet with Medicaid. If you have not met those requirements, worry not because there are other alternative methods of getting a free tablet rather than using Medicaid. For instance, you can search for convenient financial assistance programs that will help you purchase a tablet on credit and pay later on monthly installments with no credit check. This is through companies like Leaseville.
You can also purchase your tablet outright or talk to your Private Insurance Company. You can liaise with them to know whether they offer tablet coverage. Besides, you can also be lucky to get a free tablet through other sources discussed below:
- Charities and non-profit organizations: Several organizations, like The Salvation Army, are available to help individuals from low-income families get free tablets. They are mostly known for donating free clothes, food, and furniture to the less fortunate in the community. Additionally, they provide electronic devices like tablets to such individuals. You can check out with them via their official website or call. You will get a free tablet if you qualify according to their set criteria.
- Public Libraries: You can also be lucky to get a free tablet from a nearby library. Although these tablets are only provided for use inside the library, and you can use them to access the internet and e-books, plus other electronic materials.
- Local Church: Most churches receive donations to offer various types of assistance to the needy in the society. If you are in dire need of a free tablet, kindly visit your local church for assistance.
- Search online: There are specific websites where you can also get highly discounted or free tablets. Such include Craigslist and Freecycle, which offer second-hand items. Visit these sites and try your luck in getting a free tablet.
- Online giveaways: There are several programs online where you can get a free tablet through online giveaways. However, you must be careful when subscribing to such programs to avoid scams.
Can I Get a Government-Free Phone with the Medicaid Program?
Yes. You can get a free government phone if you are eligible for Medicaid through your income, state or household size. Once eligible, you will be able to get a free tablet from ACP service providers like cintex wireless and Qlink wireless.
Does Medicaid cover anywhere in the US?
Medicaid services are available in all states, but the eligibility criteria vary from one state to another. Before applying, you must confirm with your State’s Medicaid agency to know the qualification requirements.
Can I qualify for a free Tablet aside from using Medicaid?
Yes, aside from using Medicaid, you can still qualify for a free tablet if you participate in other government assistance programs like: Supplemental nutrition assistance program, Supplemental security income, Federal public housing assistance, Veterans pension and survivors benefit, Free and reduced school lunch or school breakfast program, Bureau of Indian affairs general assistance, Head Start or the Tribal temporary assistance for needy families.
Besides, you can also qualify for a free tablet from the affordable connectivity program if you come from a low income household whose total income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline.