Are you want to get, “Get Public Wireless Free Tablet?” Get Public Wireless is a broadband Internet, device, and technology company. It comes forward by offering subsidized devices, broadband services, and internet connectivity to every qualified resident under the Affordable Connectivity Program. If you are looking for a provider to get a modern subsidized tablet with affordable broadband internet connectivity, then Get Public Wireless can be the best choice for you.
Steps To Get A Public Wireless Free Tablet
- Check your eligibility: To apply for a free tablet from Get Public Wireless under the Affordable Connectivity Program, your first step will be to check your eligibility for the program. If you are eligible, only then apply for the free tablet. Because an ineligible person’s application will be rejected.
- Gather necessary documents: If you are eligible, then you will have to submit proof documents of your eligibility. These documents are mainly proof of your: Income, identity, address, age, program participation, etc.
- Visit Get Public Wireless website: Visit Get Public Wireless Website to learn about the Affordable Connectivity Program’s eligibility, required documents, and the application process. By visiting their website, you have a clear idea about applying for the ACP program via them.
- Navigate to the application page: After you have logged in to Get Public Wireless’s website, on the upper area you will find an option ‘Get Started Now’. Click on that option and you will be directed to the application page.
- Fill out the application form: Now you have to fill up the application form. There are four steps in the application form. You need to complete these four steps to complete the whole procedure.
- Submit the application: Submit the application form with all other necessary documents. Be alert about any technical errors when you submit the application.
- Wait for approval: It takes at least two days to get a response from the authority. If your documents need further verification, then more time will be needed. If all your documents are okay, then there is a good chance that your application will be approved.
- Enjoy your tablet: After the shipping of your application, it takes 7 to 10 business days to receive the tablet via mail. After you have received your free tablet from Get Public Wireless, you can enjoy all the benefits and the features of it.
Qualification to Obtain a Get Public Wireless Free Tablet Under the ACP
If you want to qualify for the ACP program, you must be an American citizen and must be 18 years old or older. You must fulfill income-based criteria that are fixed by the FCC, or you must take part in or get benefits from a certain Government Assistance Program. If you can fulfill these criteria, then you will be considered eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program. In this section, I mention details of the eligibility criteria for the program.
To be eligible for the ACP, you or your household must meet one of the following criteria:
- You or your household must have an annual income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- You or your household must meet the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income internet program.
- You or your household must participate in any of the following government assistance programs:
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program).
- Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program.
- Project-Based Rental Assistance (PBRA)/202/811.
- Federal Public Housing Assistance. (FPHA).
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income).
- WIC (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children).
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.
- Select Tribal Programs.
- If you or any member of your household participates in the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program, then you or your household will be eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- If you or any member of your family received a Federal Pell Grant award during the current award year, then you or the household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
How to Prove Your Eligibility for A Free Tablet from Get Public Wireless
If you are eligible for the program, then you must submit proof of your eligibility. You have to submit documents that prove that you are genuinely eligible for the program. In this section, I discuss the necessary documents for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Documents to verify identity: It is very important to verify your identity. Verification of identity helps to prevent fraudulent applications and ensure that genuine applicants apply for the program. So, you must submit one of the following documents for the verification of your identity.
- Documents: A driver’s license, Passport, or Birth certificate.
- Documents to verify income: As the ACP program is established to help low-income people, you have to submit documents to support your income status. A person or household is considered eligible if his / her annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guideline. So, you must submit an income document that proves this income status.
- Documents: A prior year’s State, Federal, or Tribal tax return, current income statement from your employer, paycheck stub, Social Security statement of benefits, or unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits.
- Documents to verify address: The FCC provides a monthly discount on internet service under the Affordable Connectivity Program. So, it is very important to verify the applicant’s address to ensure that the discount is applied to the correct address or person.
- Documents: A valid ID, driver’s license, utility bill, or a recent mortgage or lease statement, W-2, or tax return.
- Documents to verify program participation: If you take part or get benefits from certain government assistance programs, then you are eligible for the Affordable Connectivity program. To prove that you really have taken part or got benefit from these programs, you have to submit any of the following documents.
- Documents: Approval letters, benefit award letters, benefit verification letters, or benefit statements.
Also, prepare documents to support that you are a living person and to prove your social security number.
Ways to Apply for Obtaining Get Public Wireless Free Tablet Under the ACP
You can apply for the Affordable Connectivity Programs in multiple ways. If you have the opportunity and prefer to apply online, you could do so. If you are comfortable with submitting the application via mail, you could also do that. Also, if you are unable to apply online, or via mail, for any reason, then you can apply in person or take help from customer care of your preferred provider. In this section, I discuss all the ways you can apply for the program.
You can apply online for the Affordable Connectivity Program in the following process:
- Go to the ACP website at: “getinternet.gov/apply?ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D“
- Click on the “Apply ” button.
- Create an account or sign in if you have one.
- Follow the instructions on the website to complete your application.
- Provide the required information.
- Upload eligibility documents.
- Submit your application.
- The ACP will review your application and send a confirmation email to you of their decision.
- If your application is approved, you will get a highly discounted tablet (Discount up to $100) from your preferred participating provider. (Here Get Public Wireless).
You can visit ACP’s official website: “affordableconnectivity.gov”. to know how to qualify for the ACP program, how to apply for it, etc.
You can apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program via mail in the following way:
- Download the application form and the household worksheet and take a printout
- of these documents.
- Complete the application form and the household worksheet.
- Gather the required documents to support your eligibility for the program. Send the application form and the household worksheet, along with all other documents to the following address: ACP Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773
- The FCC will review your application and notify you of their decision by sending a confirmation email. It may take up to 60 days to process your application if you apply via mail.
- If your application is approved, you will get a coupon via mail that you can redeem for a tablet from your preferred provider. (Here Get Public Wireless)
Via A Provider
You can apply through Get Public Wireless. Go to their website at: “getpublicwireless.com” and apply from there.
- Open the above link.
- Click on the “Get Started Now” option at the top of the page.
- Now, you have four application stages to complete. Fill out the personal information form, consent form, National Verifier form, and finally, the enrollment form.
- Complete the first 3 steps and upload your eligibility documents as required.
- Carefully review all the details and then submit the form.
- Wait for the approval from the National Verifier.
- When approved, complete the last step, the enrollment form.
Feature & Specification of Get Public Wireless Free Tablet
The device’s White label comes with a screen of 10.1 inch (students) and 8.0 inch (all others). The resolution of the screen is 800*1280. It is operated by the Android operating system and powered by a Quad-Core 2.0 GHz processor. The internal memory is 32 GB and RAM is 3 GB. The tablet is backed up by a powerful 5000 mAh battery. Other features: Bluetooth: 5.0, Wi-Fi, etc.
Process to Activate Get Public Wireless Free Tablet After Obtaining from The ACP
You get a free SIM with your free tablet from Get Public Wireless. To use the tablet, you must first activate the SIM. You can use your tablet after activation of the SIM.
You can activate your SIM by this simple process: You can activate your SIM in a simple process. Insert the SIM in your tablet’s SIM slot. Then turn off the tablet and wait for a few seconds. Now turn the tablets on. By this simple process, your SIM activation process will start automatically. If not, then you have to enter the SIM activation code that you get with the SIM card.
The SIM Activation process, in detail, is given here:
- First turn the tablets on
- Then select your language and region
- If you have a Wi-Fi network, then select it
- Enter the Wi-Fi network password
- Tap ‘Set up manually.’
- Tap ‘SIM Card’
- Now enter your SIM card details. This may include your SIM card number, PIN, and PUK, carrier name, APN, etc.
- Create a passcode for your tablet
- Then tap ’Next’
The tablet will activate the SIM within a few minutes. After your SIM is activated, you can use the tablet. You can make phone calls, send text messages, and use your cellular data.
The SIM activation process is simple and you can do it easily. But if you fail to activate it or face any difficulty when activating it, then you may get help from the customer care of Get Public Wireless.
Some alternative ways to activate SIM:
- SIM Activation by Customer Care: You can contact the customer care of Get Public Wireless by phone call and request them to activate your SIM. They may ask you a few questions to verify your identity. They also ask you for the SIM activation code. Provide them with all information and they will activate the SIM for you.
- In-person: You may visit the Get Public Wireless office in person and give the necessary information with the SIM activation code. They will activate the SIM for you.
Activate your tablet by using your Google Account
Without the SIM card, you can alternatively activate your tablet by using a Google account. After such activation, you can access all Google services and you may use the Google Play Store to download and install apps and use them. Here in short I explain the entire process.
- Power on the Tablet: Press the power button and hold it for a few seconds to power on the tablet.
- Language and Region Setup: In the welcome screen, select your preferred language and the region where you live. These two selections make it easy to set up your tablet’s interface.
- Wi-Fi Connection: An internet connection is essential to activate the tablet using a Google account. If you have a Wi-Fi network in your location, select it. Enter the Wi-Fi password. The Tablet will be connected to the Wi-Fi within a few seconds.
- Sign in to Your Google Account: Now you need to sign in to your Google account. If you have a Google account, then sign in to it using your email address and password. If you don’t have an account, you may create one.
- If you have two-factor authentication enabled, then a code is sent to your registered mobile number or email. You have to enter the code on your tablet.
- Agree to Terms and Conditions: If you newly open an account, you are prompted to accept Google’s terms and conditions to continue their service. Accept the terms and conditions and proceed.
- Backup and Restore: If you previously backed up your data from another device to your Google Account, then you have the option to restore it in your new tablet.
- Set Up Your Google Services: You can set up Google Services, like, Google Maps, Google Drive, Google Translate, Google Chrome, Gmail, etc.
- Device Security and Lock Screen: To keep your device’s personal and sensitive data, such as personal documents, pictures, video, or any other sensitive content, you may set up a lock screen method, such as PIN, pattern, password, or fingerprint.
- Home Screen: After the activation process is completed you will see the home screen. From there you can access all your apps, settings, and other features.
- Access Google Play Store: Now you may access the Google Play store and download apps, games, etc. to your preferences and personalize your tablet.
Remember that the steps for activation of a tablet through the Google account may vary slightly for the tablet’s brand, model, and Android version. However, the overall process is the same for all devices.
Why Was My Get Public Wireless Free Tablet Application Canceled
Your application for a free tablet from Get Public Wireless, under the ACP program can be rejected for many reasons. Here I mention some of them.
- If you provide incomplete and wrong information in your application: If you provide incomplete information or wrong information in your application, then your application will be rejected.
- If you fail to meet eligibility Requirements: If you cannot meet the eligibility requirements for the program, then your application will be rejected.
- If you don’t provide all of the required documentation: The ACP requires you to provide documentation to verify your eligibility for the program. These documents may include proof of identity, proof of income, proof of residency, proof of program participation, etc. If you cannot submit any or all of these documents, then your application can be rejected.
- If the ACP is experiencing high demand: Recently the Affordable Connectivity Program is a highly demandable Program. So, if the funding of the program is limited, then some applications may be rejected for lack of funding or shortage of devices.
- If you are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident: The ACP is available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents only. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of the USA, then your application can be rejected.
- If you take similar benefits as ACPs from another government program: If you are enrolled in another government program and take the same benefits as ACPs, then for these overlapped benefits, your application will be rejected.
- If you have an existing broadband internet subscription: If your household already has an existing broadband internet subscription, then your application will be rejected. Because The ACP is not available for households with a broadband subscription.
- If you don’t respond to a request for more information: Sometimes, ACP needs more documentation to verify your eligibility and process your application. So, the program administrator may contact you for extra documentation. But if you do not respond to their request, then your application may have been rejected.
- If you fail to meet the application deadline: The Affordable Connectivity Program must have a deadline for application. If you cannot meet the deadline and submit your application after the specific date, then your application can be rejected.
- If you submit more than one application from the same household: If you submit more than one application from the same household, then your application will be rejected.
Solutions for Rejection of Your Application for A Free Tablet from Get Public Wireless Under the ACP
- Provide authentic, accurate, and complete information in your application.
- Check that you are eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program. If you are eligible, only then apply for the program.
- Provide all proof documents with the application. If the program administrators want additional documents, provide them as early as possible.
- If the program’s fund is not available now, then wait for some days and reapply when the fund is available again.
- Do not take the same benefits from more than one government program. This will overlap your benefits which is not allowed by the FCC (Federal Communications Commission).
- If the program administrators ask for additional documents and information, then respond immediately and provide the documents and information.
- Always keep track of the application deadline. Write down the deadline in a notebook.
- Never submit more than one application from the same household.
- Finally, you may appeal the decision if you think the rejection of the application is unjust, or if there is a misunderstanding between you and the program administrator.
Benefits of Having a Free Tablet from Get Public Wireless
You can use your free tablet from Get Public Wireless for many important purposes.
- You may use it for performing important tasks: You can use the tablet for doing office application-related tasks, such as checking emails, creating awesome presentations, editing documents, doing calculations and research works, and so on.
- You may enhance your creativity by using it: You can enhance your creativity by using the tablet. You may draw nice pictures, digitally color them as you like, you can make 3D models and animation characters to make animated movies and cartoons, write stories, novels, and interesting books for children with colored presentations, can compose music to please the audience. In this way, you can enhance your creativity by using this tablet.
- You may use it for entertainment: Tablets can be used for a variety of entertainment purposes. You may use the tablet for watching movies, listening to music, playing games, reading e-books, etc.
- You can stay connected with your friends and family: You can use your free tablet to stay connected with your friends and family. You can keep connected with them by social media, you can send emails to contact them, you can do video conferencing via apps like Zoom, Google Meet, Facebook Messenger, etc.
- You can use it for education purposes: You may use your free tablet for education purposes. You can take notes while attending the class, do research, and complete assignments using the tablet. There are vast resources on the internet. You can use these to increase your knowledge and in the meantime, do good academic results.
- You may use it for working remotely: You can work remotely by using your free tablet. You can do the office work and meetings remotely using your tablet. You can contact your colleagues and higher authority using the tablet. In this way, you can use the tablet for remote work.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to get a free tablet from “Get Public Wireless”?
Normally it takes 2 to 3 days to approve your application. But if your submitted documents need further verification then it takes more time. And after shipping it usually takes 7 to 10 business days to get the tablet via mail.
Are there any hidden costs associated with Get Public Wireless Free Tablet?
There are no hidden costs associated with the Get Public Wireless Free Tablet. The tablet is almost free; you have to copay only $10.01 to get it. This is announced to their website publicly.
What If I am not eligible for the Get Public Wireless Free Tablet ACP program?
If you are not eligible for a free tablet from Get Public Wireless, then you may check with the local library. Many libraries offer free or low-cost tablets that you may borrow for a certain period of time. You can contact your cell phone provider. Some providers offer free or low-cost tablets to customers who sign up for a new data plan. So, if you are going to sign up for a new data plan, then you may contact the provider for a free tablet.
You may check the following nonprofit organizations:
- The Salvation Army
- Computers for kids
- The National Cristina Foundation
- The United Way
- PCs for People
What if I lose or damage the Get Public Wireless free tablet?
If you lose or damage the Get Public Wireless Free Tablet, you will need to contact Get Public Wireless customer service to report the loss or damage. Get Public Wireless will then assess the situation and determine whether you are eligible for a replacement tablet, or not.
Can I transfer ownership of the Get Public Wireless Free Tablet to someone else?
No, you cannot transfer ownership of the Get Public Wireless Free Tablet to someone else. The tablet is yours to use, but it is not yours to sell or give away. If you no longer need the tablet, you can return it to Get Public Wireless.
What if I have questions about the Get Public Wireless free tablet program?
- Contact Get Public Wireless on their website: Get Public Wireless Website, you can contact them by filling out a form on their website. If you contact them, then they will consider your problem and give you a solution. Get Public Customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Follow Get Public Wireless on social media: Get Public Wireless is active on social media. You can follow them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to get updates about the program and ask questions.
- Join the Get Public Wireless community forum: Get Public Wireless has a community forum where you can ask questions and get help from other users.