It is true and fully legit that Go Technology gives you a free tablet. You can get this lucrative offer if you are a low income person and eligible for the government initiative, the Affordable Connectivity Program. You also get other benefits, like up to a $30 discount (If you are a non-tribal resident) and $75 discount (If you live in a tribal land) on an internet plan. On the tablet you will get up to a $100 discount. In this article I cover everything, From the eligibility for the program to get the Go Technology free tablet. So, proceed!
Steps to Get Go Technology Free Tablet
- Check your eligibility: Check your eligibility for the affordable Connectivity Program to get a Go Technology free tablet. If you are eligible and approved by the program, you will get a big discount (Up to $100) for your required tablet.
- Gather necessary documents: You have to provide some documents as proof of your eligibility for the Go Technology free tablet under ACP. You should collect or gather proof documents for your income based eligibility or Program participation based eligibility.
- Visit Go Technology website: You should visit the Go Technology website to apply for free tablet under Affordable Connectivity Program from their website.
- Navigate to the application page: After log in to Go Technology’s website, you should navigate to their application page to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program to get a free tablet.
- Fill out the application form: On the Go Technology website, you will get the online application form and the household worksheet. Fill up the application form and the household worksheet accurately and completely. Try to avoid mistakes as much as possible.
- Submit the application: After completing the application form and the household worksheet, submit them. Before submitting, double check everything to avoid any mistake.
- Wait for approval: After applying for the application, wait for approval. Usually it takes at least two days to get any response from the authorities. If your application has any mistake or needs to be verified manually, then it takes several days to be approved.
- Enjoy your Phone & tablet: You will get the free tablet from Go Technology via mail within 7 to 10 business days after approval of the application.
I think the above steps will reach you to your desired tablet. As you get your Go Technology tablet, you can enjoy all the features and benefits of it.
Required Eligibility for Receiving a Free Tablet from Go Technology Management
Eligibility for The ACP Program to Get Go Technology Free Tablet
If you want to participate in the Affordable Connectivity Program, you must meet some criteria that make you eligible for the program. Your eligibility criteria fall into two categories: Income based eligibility and Program participation based eligibility.
In the following section these two types of criteria are explained for you.
- Income Based Eligibility: Income based eligibility depends on your annual income. If your or your household’s annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guideline, then you or your household will be considered eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program. It can be possible that you are not qualified through the income based eligibility criteria. In this situation never leave your hope. You can also be eligible by another eligibility criterion, that is Program Participation based eligibility Criteria. Here are given details of the program participation based eligibility criteria for your consideration.
- Program Participation Based Eligibility: If you or any member of your household participates in certain government assistance programs or received benefits from these programs then you or your household is considered as eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program. The government assistance programs are as follows:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA).
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program
- Select Tribal programs.
- Receiving a Federal Pell Grant Award in the current award year by your child makes your household eligible for the program.
Along with the above criteria, there are also two criteria that should be mentioned. You must be at least 18 years old or over. If you are under 18, then you must be an emancipated minor. Another criteria is that you must be a citizen of the United States of America.
Documents for The ACP Program to Get Go Technology Free Tablet
There are many people in our country who are not at all eligible for the ACP program, but want to get benefits given by this program. If the government does not take necessary steps, then these people apply for the program dishonestly and try to make them eligible in many dishonest ways. To manage this situation, the government sets the criteria that anyone who wants to get the benefits of the affordable connectivity program, should first submit documents as evidence of his/her eligibility for the program and the FCC will verify all these eligibility documents and after that takes the decision to announce him/her approved or declined. You have to submit documents to support your age, identity, address, income, program participation proof, etc.
Documents you have to submitted:
- Verifying Your Age/Emancipation Status: In the previous section I mentioned that you are eligible for the ACP if you are at least 18 years old or above. If you are under 18 then you must be an emancipated minor. So, you must submit a document that shows your age or emancipation status. This document should contain your full Name and Date of Birth.
- Documents: A valid ID, passport, Birth certificate, Court- approved emancipation certificate.
- Address Verification: You should submit a document that contains your Full Name and your valid address.
- Documents: A valid ID, driver’s license, utility bill, or a recent mortgage or lease statement, W-2, or tax return.
- Income Proof: You have to submit a document that shows your income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Documents: A prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return, current income statement from your employer, paycheck stub, Social Security statement of benefits, or unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits.
- Program Participation Proof: You have to submit a document that proves you have participated in certain government programs or have received benefits from any of those programs. So, submit a document that shows you have participated or received benefits from any of the programs. This document should contain your full name, the government assistance program’s name, the document issuing institution’s name, and an issue date within the last 12 months or a future expiration date.
- Documents: Approval letters, benefit award letters, benefit verification letters, or benefit statements.
Along with the above documents, you have to prepare another two documents. One document to support that you are alive and another document to support your social security number.
Your submitted documents are unreturnable. So, do not submit original documents, submit photo copies or digital copies according to your application process.
Process to Apply for Go Technology Wireless Free Tablet
When you apply for a free tablet under the Affordable Connectivity program and want to get the tablet and other ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program) benefits from Go technology, you can be an applicant for the ACP or already an ACP approved beneficiary. So that, to describe the application process, I have mentioned the process to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program (online, via mail, or via a provider, like Go Technology) and for Go Technology to get the free tablet and other ACP benefits. The government keeps the opportunity to apply online, via mail, via a provider, to reach as many households as possible. In this section you may get a clear idea about how to apply online, via mail, or via a provider for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
1. Apply Via Online
The easiest and most convenient way to apply online for Go Technology free tablet under Affordable Connectivity Program is via USAC’s website. The website provides all necessary information, say, the eligibility for the ACP program, required documents for the program, etc. There is also a user-friendly online application process to apply online for the Affordable Connectivity Program. To apply from USAC’s website, you have to go to the following link: affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply.
1. Apply Via mail
Considering that all people are not capable of applying for the Go Technology free tablet under Affordable Connectivity Program online, FCC keeps an alternative to apply for the program. That is via mail. You can print a copy of the application form, or request for physical application forms by calling the USAC helpline or visiting your nearest community center or public library. Collect the form and the household worksheet. Fill them up, and attach necessary documents’ photocopies and send them to the following address: ACP Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
3. Apply through Go Technology Management Website
You can apply via a Go Technology. You can apply online through Go Technology in the following process:
- Go to: enroll-goknows.telgoo5.com/lifeline
- Input your ZIP code in the provided box.
- Click on the Start button.
- If Go Technology offers service in your location, then you will be redirected to your location’s online application form.
- Complete the form and the household worksheet with the required information and attach digital copies of your eligibility documents.
- Choose a suitable service plan for you.
- Submit your application for a free tablet from Go technology under the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Wait for your application’s response. The company will send you an email to inform you whether your application is approved or rejected.
- If your application is rejected, then you can reapply following the above mentioned process.
If you are approved by the program, then contact Go Technology and apply for your free tablet, with all other ACP benefits.
What Types of Tablet Go Technology Offers for Free
No provider wants to disclose which tablet brand and model they provide to a client? So, it is difficult to say exactly which brand and model of tablet you will get from Go Technology. From the reviews and given opinions of many customers of Go Technology, we can figure out that generally the following tablets are given to the customers of Go Technology.
- Sky Pad Table.
- Alcatel Joy Tab 2.
- Apple iPad and iPad mini.
- Blu Smartphones Tablet.
- Cloud Mobile Tablet.
- Hyundai Tablet.
- Maxwest Astro 8R Tablet.
- KonnectONE Moxee Tablet.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Series.
- Maxwest Nitro Tablet.
Process to Activate Go Technology Management Free Tablet After Getting through the ACP Program
You have got a SIM card with your free tablet from Go Technology. After getting the free tablet and the SIM, it is very important for you to activate the SIM. Without activating the SIM, you cannot use your tablet, say you cannot make calls, send text messages or use your data. So, it is essential for you to know how to activate the SIM card.
When Go technology sends you the free tablet, it also sends a free SIM with an activation code. This activation code is needed when you activate the SIM.
- You can activate your SIM by the following way: First insert the SIM into your tablet’s SIM slot. Turn off the tablet, wait a few seconds, then turn it on. Your tablet will detect the SIM automatically and the activation process will start. But in some cases, the activation process does not start automatically. To start the process, you need to insert the activation code to your tablet. Once your tablet is activated, you can make calls, send text messages, and also use the data services.
- Here is given some common ways to activate a SIM: SIM Activation by Customer Care: You can make a phone call to customer care of Go Technology. They may want to know some information and the activation code to activate your tablet. Provide them the information and the activation code and they will activate your tablet for you.
- In person: You may visit Go Technology’s office in person and provide them necessary information and the activation code. They will activate the tablet for you.
Activate your tablet by using your Google Account
For this you need a Wi-Fi connection. The process is described below:
- Power on the Tablet: Power on the tablet by pressing the power button. It may take a few seconds to power on the tablet.
- Language and Region Setup: When the welcome screen comes select your preferred language and your region. This will help you to easily set up your tablet’s interface according to your preferences.
- Connect to Wi-Fi: You need a Wi-Fi connection to start the activation process. Select your network, enter the password and within a few seconds the tablet will be connected to the Wi-Fi network. Now your tablet is able to access online features.
- Agree to Terms and Conditions: Now the option “Terms and Conditions” comes. These are the company’s policies and rules and regulations that you have to accept and maintain to get the service. You must accept these terms and conditions to proceed further. So, accept them and proceed.
- Google Account: You have to have a google account. If you don’t have one, then create one. It is very important to have a google account, because without it you cannot use any Google features and you are not able to use the Google play store for downloading, purchasing or installing any app. So, sign in to your Google account to get all Google features now.
- System Updates: Your tablet’s software needs to be updated for security reasons. To ensure the security of your valuable data, personal information, etc.; you need to regularly update your tablet’s software. These updates include important bug fixes, security patches, and many new features. So, keep your tablet’s software always updated to secure your personal data and other features.
- Set Up Screen Lock: In your tablet, you may have personal data, information, documents, photos, etc., which needs to be kept secure. So, you have to ensure that unless you give access to someone to access your tablet, no one can unauthorized access your tablet. To stop unauthorized access and to secure your personal data, information, documents, photos, etc. you can set up a screen lock method like PIN, Pattern, or fingerprint lock to ensure only authorized access.
- Explore and Install Apps: Your tablet may come with some necessary pre-installed apps. Now you can explore them and also download and install apps, games, etc., as you like.
- Customize Settings: Use the settings menu and set display settings, sound settings, notifications, etc. according to your preferences.
Your Go Technology tablet is now fully activated. You may customize or use your tablet as you like.
Reason for Your Go Technology Free Tablet Application Rejection and Their Smart Solution
Your application for a free tablet from Go Technology can be rejected for many reasons. Some common reasons for rejection of the free tablet are mentioned here:
- If your provided information is inaccurate and incomplete: If you intentionally or unintentionally provide wrong and incomplete information in your application, then your application will be rejected.
- Solution: Provide authentic and accurate information in your application. Fill up all the necessary fields in your application.
- If you fail to meet eligibility criteria: If you want to participate in the affordable Connectivity Program,then you must fulfill some eligibility criteria. If you apply, but fail to meet these eligibility criteria, then your application will be rejected.
- Solution: Before applying, read about all eligibility criteria from USAC’s website and determine if you are eligible or not. Only apply when you are eligible for the program.
- If your provided documents are insufficient: The FCC will verify your income status, identity, address, age, program participation status, etc. For this, you have to submit some documents. If these documents are inadequate or insufficient, or you fail to submit a certain document, then your application can be rejected.
- Solution: Provide all documents that are necessary and asked to be provided. If additional documents are needed, then provide the documents as early as possible.
- If the ACP has limited resources: The Affordable Connectivity Program may have a limited number of free tablets available. If all these tablets are distributed, then they cannot provide you with a tablet and your application will be rejected.
- Solution: There is no instant solution for that problem. You have to wait until tablets are again available for distribution.
- If there are technical issues: Your application can be rejected for technical issues or errors in the application process.
- Solution: Ensure a stable internet connection and a fully functioning computer for successful submission of your application.
- If your benefits are overlapped: If you apply for the affordable Connectivity program, you get some benefits. But if you already get the same kind of benefits from any other government programs, then these benefits are overlapped. This is not acceptable for the ACP program and your application will be rejected.
- Solution: This step is taken by the government to stop overlapping of benefits and ensure fairness in the distribution of tablets or resources. So, do not take benefits of the same kind from more than one program, or you may deprive others of their opportunities and rights.
- If you fail to meet application deadlines: The Affordable Connectivity Program has a deadline for application. If you submit your application after the specific deadline, then your application will be rejected.
- Solution: Write down the deadline in a notebook. It is better to apply as early as possible for the program.
- If you provide incorrect or invalid contact information: If you provide incorrect or invalid contact information, then the program administrators cannot contact you and your application will be rejected due to inability to verify your details.
- Solution: You should provide the current and correct contact details in your application. If your contact information or address is changed, then update it as early as possible and inform the authority about it.
What is the Motivation Behind the Go Technology Free Tablet Initiative
In our country There are a lot of people who earn a little amount and somehow manage their family. They don’t have the financial ability to buy a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. So there is a digital divide between those who have the ability to use tablets and internet facilities and who have not. In the pandemic situation the government felt that a lot of people are disconnected with others because of their inability to use the internet. So, the government took the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program(EBB) and after some time it was changed to The Affordable Connectivity Program(ACP). Through this program the government provides a free tablet with some other benefits. With these facilities, now the low income people can use the internet and consume all of its facilities for free. This step makes it possible to bridge the digital divide.
Go technology is proud to take part as a provider of benefits for the Affordable Connectivity Program. Go Technology wants to help the low-income people to get affordable internet and thus boost the economy of our country. So, Go Technology distributes free tablets and other ACP benefits to make the internet affordable for all. That is the motivation behind the Go Technology free tablet initiative.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does take to Receive a Free tablet from go Technology
It takes 10 to 15 days from submitting an application to receive a free tablet from Go Technology.
Is the Go Technology Management Free Tablet Really Free?
The Go Technology Management Tablets are not really free. You have to copay $11 for the tablet.
What if I don’t qualify for a go technology management free tablet?
You can try to acquire the qualification and then apply to Go Technology Management for the free tablet. If you cannot qualify in any way, then apply for other programs that offer free tablets. Such programs are: Computers for Learning, Everyone On, Microsoft registered Refurbished, On its Foundation, The Salvation Army.
You can also contact local schools, libraries, or churches. These organizations sometimes also provide free tablets.
Is there a limit to how many free tablets a family can receive from Go technology?
Yes, there is a limit to get a free tablet from Go Technology per household. A household gets only one free tablet and one monthly benefit from Go Technology.
Does Go Technology have reliable customer service for Free Tablets?
Go Technology provides one of the best, most reliable, and most responsive customer support services. The customer service agents are highly competent and also friendly. They are devoted to giving their customers the service in the best possible way. So, undoubtedly they are reliable. If you have any query, you may contact them.
- You can call: +1 877-223-1978
- Send Email to: [email protected]
- Contact directly: Go Technology Management, 6445 Powers Ferry Rd NW # 350, Atlanta, GA 30339, United States.