Hi! If you are a low income person or from a low income household, or if you or a member of your household participated in certain Government assistance program, then a government tablet is waiting to be yours. Just apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program and Lifeline program and if you are approved then you get a free tablet with free monthly internet with these two programs.
The Affordable Connectivity Program give eligible persons subsidy that can be used to help pay for internet service. The lifeline program also provide a monthly discount on phone or internet service. They also give a one time discount for a tablet or laptop. Both the programs are designed to help bridge the digital divide by making technology more accessible to individuals who are basically unable to afford it.
A tablet can help an individual to connect with the family and friends. He/She can access important information, and also participate in online activities that can improve their quality of life. It enables individuals and households to access online job opportunities, educational resources, healthcare, etc. Our future generation, the students, are mostly benefitted from a free tablet. They can access educational resources, watch videos, take notes, and also complete their assignments with the help of a tablet. This can help improve educational outcomes and provide students with the tools they need to become successful.
Requirements Eligibility To Get Government Tablet
Requirements that are needed to show that you are eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
Eligibility based on your Income
You are considered to be qualified for the Affordable Connectivity Program if your or your household’s annual income is equal to or less than 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Participation-based eligibility depends on your or your household member’s participation in the Federal Government Assistance Programs. If you or one of your household members participated in one or more of the following programs, then you are eligible for Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA).
- Veterans Pension or Survivors Benefit.
- Free or Reduced-price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision Schools in the 2021-22, 2020-21, or 2019-20, School year.
- Achieve a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for WIC (Women, infants and children).
Eligibility Through Tribal Assistance Program
If you reside in the qualifying Tribal Lands, and take part in one of the following programs then you may be eligible for The Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Any of the above-mentioned Federal Assistance Programs.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance.
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
- Head Start (Only Households meeting the income qualifying standard).
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR).
You will be eligible if you already have Lifeline Benefits: Lifeline is a benefit program of the US government and it is maintained by Federal Communications Commission (FCC). FCC’s Lifeline Program makes communication services affordable for low-income families in the US. If you are qualified or a beneficiary of the lifeline program, then you are automatically qualified for the ACP Program.
To know about your all requirements or eligibility to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program, you may visit: “affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply/show-you-qualify”.
Documents That are Needed to Prove Your Eligibility
Document of Participation in Government’s Assistance Program
Documents needed to prove that you have participated in the Federal Government’s Assistance Program:
- An approval or benefits letter for Medicaid or SNAP.
- Summary letter of survivor benefits.
- A screenshot of the online portal also does.
If you or your dependent participated in an education-related Program:
- A document from the school or school district that shows a member of the household receives free or reduced-price School Lunch or School Breakfast for the current year or School year immediately preceding the application.
- A School Document that shows the student is enrolled in a CEP school for the relevant School year.
- A written letter from the student’s school or the Department of Education that the student has received a Pell Grant for the current award year.
Needed documents if you qualify through income
The following documents are needed, if you qualify through income.
1. Prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal Tax Return.
2. Social Security Benefit Statement.
To be eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program, you also have to submit proof or documents of address, Proof of your identity, a Copy of your Tribal ID, Social Security number, etc.
To Prove your Address
To prove that your address is valid, and you live there , you have to submit the following Documents:
1. A map that shows your physical address or location.
2. Official documents that show your name and address.
Examples of such Documents:
- Government, Military, State, or Tribal ID.
- Driver’s License.
- Birth Certificate.
- Certificate of US citizenship or naturalization.
- Permanent Resident card or Green card.
- Government Assistance Program Document.
Proof of SSN4 or Tribal ID
If you provide the last four digits of your social security number or Full Tribal ID with your application, then you have to submit a copy of an official document that includes:
1. Your First and Last Name.
2. The last 4 digits of your social security number or your Full Tribal ID.
Example of documents:
- Social Security Card.
- Prior year’s Tax Return or w-2.
- Government Assistance Program Document.
- Taxpayer Identification Document.
- Unemployment/ Worker’s Compensation statement.
To prove your identity
You have to submit the following documents to prove your identity:
- Government, Military, state, or Tribal ID.
- Driver’s License.
- Government Assistance Program Document.
- Birth Certificate.
- Social Security Card.
- Prior year’s Tax Return, or w-2.
You also need to prove that you are alive
To prove that you are alive person, you have to provide a document that:
1. Confirms your First and Last name.
2. Shows life activity within the last three months.
Examples of such Documents:
- Government Assistance Program documents.
- Current Utility Bill.
- Current Income Statement such as a pay stub.
- Current mortgage or lease statement.
- Current Retirement/ Pension statement of benefits.
- Current unemployment statement of benefits.
How To Apply To Get Government Tablet Through ACP
To apply for the ACP, first check that you are eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program. If you are already a beneficiary of Lifeline then you can directly be enrolled in the ACP. And for this you do not need to apply for the ACP again.
There are three ways to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Apply through FCC’s website.
- Apply via Mail.
- Apply through Provider’s Website.
The processes are described below:
1. Apply through FCC’s Website: You can apply for the ACP through FCC’s Website. Just log into: affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply/. It will take you to ACP’s official website. From this website you can directly fill up the FCC’s national verifier form. Fill up the form. Now choose a provider that best suits you.
Upload all the necessary documents’ soft copies with the application and submit the application.
2. Apply via Mail: To apply via mail, at first you need to print out the application form from ACP’s official website. You can print out in English or Spanish as your requirement. You also need to print a copy of the household worksheet and filled it out. Now send the completed application with completed household worksheet and all your proof document to:
ACP Support Center
PO Box 7081,
London, KY 40742.
3. Apply Through A Provider: You can directly log in to their website and apply from there. You need to enter your Zip Code and email address , and then tap apply now. Follow the steps and it is done.
Activation Process of the Government Tablet
If you have received a government tablet through the Affordable Connectivity Program, you will need to go through an activation process to start using it. Here are the general steps you can follow:
- Charge the tablet: Charge the tablet properly with a charger.
- Turn on the tablet: Press the power button to turn on the tablet.
- Connect to Wi-Fi: If you have a wifi network, then connect the tablet to the network.
- Sign in to your Google account: If you already have a Google account, sign in with your email address and password. If you do not have a Google account, you may create one during the setup process.
- Update the tablet: After connecting to the wifi, you need to update the software. Install all available updates.
- Install apps: Install any necessary apps from google play store and start using your new tablet happily.
Some Reasons For Your Affordable Connectivity Application Not Approved
There are lots of reasons for why your affordable Connectivity Program application is rejected. Here are given some reasons:
- If you Incomplete and wrong information: If you provide incomplete or wrong information then your application will be rejected.
- If you cannot meet the eligibility criteria: You will be approved by the program, if you meet income based or participation based criteria. If you apply for the program but do not meet the criteria, then surely your application will be rejected.
- If the policy of the program changes: The policy or rules and regulations of the affordable Connectivity program may change time to time. After the change, if you apply maintaining the previous policies then your application may have been rejected.
- If the documents are not sufficient: If you do not submit all your documents, to prove your eligibility, such as your proof of address, proof of income, or proof of identity, etc. then your application may have been rejected.
- If you submit more than one application: The Program administrators clearly announce that you or one of your household members can apply for the ACP program. Multiple applications will not be allowed. So, if you submit multiple applications then all your applications will be rejected.
- If you cannot select the proper plan: If you select a service plan that does not meet the program requirements or is not eligible for the program discount, then your application may have been rejected.
- If you Fail to apply within the application deadline: Every program has a deadline or last date of application. So, the affordable connectivity Program has also a deadline or last date of application. If you missed the application deadline, your application may not have been accepted. So, try to make sure that you submit your application within the deadline.
- If you Fail to respond to follow-up requests: Sometimes, your submitted documents may not be sufficient to prove your eligibility. So, additional documents are needed for proper verification. For that reason, the program administrators may ask you to submit additional documents. If you do not respond to their request and do not submit additional documents then your application may have been rejected.
Authority suspect fraudulent activities
If you adopt fraudulent activities to get the benefits of the program and the program administrators also suspect it and get proof of it, then your application will be rejected.
To apply for the program, you must read their all policies, terms and conditions, rules for apply, in a word, everything. Then apply for the program maintaining all procedures properly. Then you have a good chance that your application will be approved and you will get all the benefits of the program.
Best Carrier that Offer Government Free Tablet
1. Cintex Wireless
Cintex Wireless is a mobile service provider that offers wireless services to eligible low-income individuals and families through the Lifeline Assistance program and affordable Connectivity program. Cintex offers free government tablets to qualifying customers. These tablets make their users capable of internet access, so that they could download necessary apps, use email service, get healthcare services, do research , shop online, and muchmore.
2. Q Link Wireless
Q Link Wireless is a company that provides affordable tablet and data services to low-income households through its Affordable Connectivity Program. The company wants to ensure that all people have access to the internet. The company offers a discount of $100 on tablets and makes it almost free(You only have to pay $10.01) for those who are unable to buy a tablet themselves. You also get a discount of $30(If you live in nonTribal Lands)and a discount of $75(If you live in Tribal Lands).
3. AirTalk Wireless
AirTalk Wireless is a company that offers affordable Connectivity program for individuals and households who are struggling to afford internet access. Their Affordable Connectivity Program provides eligible customers with discounted wireless plans, as well as free smartphones and tablets.
To qualify for the program, you must meet certain income requirements or participate in certain government assistance programs. Once approved, you can choose from a variety of affordable wireless plans with no annual contracts and no credit checks.
4. New Phone Wireless
New Phone Wireless is a company that offers affordable connectivity programs for individuals and families who need reliable access to Tablet and internet services, but unable to provide it with themselves. New Phone Wireless offers unlimited talk, text, and data in a monthly plan. They also offer discounts for customers who qualify based on income or participation in government assistance programs.
5. Easy Wireless
The Easy Wireless Affordable Connectivity program is an initiative aimed at providing low-cost wireless internet connectivity to underserved and rural communities. The program is focused on providing affordable and accessible internet services to bridge the digital divide and enhance economic development and educational opportunities in remote areas. The goal of the program is to ensure that every individual has access to the internet and the opportunities it provides.
6. Stand Up Wireless
Stand Up Wireless is a telecommunications company that offers an affordable connectivity program aimed at helping low-income households stay connected to the internet. This program is particularly useful for families who cannot afford expensive internet plans but still need reliable internet access to meet their daily needs.
At present, internet access has become a necessity rather than a luxury. With the affordable connectivity program, Stand Up Wireless tries to bridge the digital divide and ensure that low-income families have access to the resources they need to succeed.
7. Le Wireless usa
Le Wireless USA is a telecommunications company that offers Affordable Connectivity Program, which aims to provide internet access to low-income households at an affordable cost. Through this program, Le Wireless USA offers discounted internet plans to eligible households. Customers can choose from various plans, depending on their needs and budget.
Le Wireless USA’s Affordable Connectivity Program is a great initiative that helps bridge the digital divide by providing affordable internet access to those who need it the most.
8. Maxsip Telecom
Maxsip Telecom is a telecommunications company that offers affordable connectivity programs to help people stay connected to the world around them. These programs are designed to provide high-quality internet and tablet services at reasonable prices, making it easier for everyone to access the digital world. Maxsip offers many programs. Among them one of the best is its high speed internet service. However, you are a light internet user or a heavy user , Maxsip always has a suitable internet plan for you.
9. Go Technology Management
Go Technology Management’s Affordable Connectivity Program is a unique initiative aimed at providing affordable and reliable internet connectivity to people from all walks of life. The program is designed to bridge the digital divide by offering access to high-speed internet services to low-income households, small businesses, and rural communities.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is a reflection of Go Technology Management’s commitment to making technology accessible to everyone. The company believes that internet connectivity is a fundamental right and that everyone should have access to high-quality, affordable internet services. By offering this program, Go Technology Management is helping to create a more connected and inclusive society.
Other Organizations that Give Free Tablets to Eligible People
- Human I-T: Human I-T is a well-known non-profit organization that offers tablets and internet services to low-come people. Human I-T offers hotspots with free monthly internet service for a one time payment of $80. It also offers a bundle of an ACP hotspot and heavily discounted ACP laptop for under $100.
- PCs for people: PCs for people is a well-known non-profit organization that is offering wireless devices and services to low income families. They offer a $100 discount on devices that are refurbished under the ACP program.
- Computer Technology Assistance Corps: Computer Technology Assistance Corps(CTAC)is an organization that helps people by providing financial assistance and resources to obtain a free tablet or computer. They collect donated old computers and refurbished, test and make the computers full functional. Then distrbute these computers to low-income individuals, or households at low or no costs.
- Smart River Side: With the support of the government, the smart river side offers free tablets and laptops to low-income people. They also co operates with non profit organizations.
- Computers For Learning: Computers For Learning is a company that distributes refurbished computers and tablets to schools, colleges, and also universities. You may check your ability for the program by just make a phone call or send an email to them.
- On It Foundation: The On It Foundation is mailnly designed for the residents of Florida. This foundation always tries to help the needy people and low-income households. This organization also offers free laptops, free internet access and some other training Programs for eligible people.
- Adaptive.Org: Adaptive. Org is a popular organization that aims to provide free laptops, tablets etc to students, so that they could built a better future for themselves. They also help low-income families, disabled and senior citizens.
- World Computer Exchange: World Computer Exchange is an organization that offers`free internet services to the young people, who need it urgently. They work in collaboration with the govrnment institutions, libraries, and NGOs.
- Microsoft Registered Refurbished: Microsoft Registered Refurbished is an organization that gives refurbished laptops and computers to low income familiesa nd charities. You may apply for a free computer by simply filling up their application form from their website.
- Komputer’s 4 Kids: This organization mainly provide free computer for the kids, who are in need of a computer. The program is designed for the kids who are struggling to purchase a device to continue their education.
- Interconnection: Interconnection is an organization that operates in the Seattle Area. The organization accept old devices from the donor and then refurbished the products. These refurbished computer are then offered to thelow-income families at discounted prices.
- The Salvation Army: The Salvation Army is a nonprofit organization that aims to improve people’s lives and society by providing them with the best basic services. You may go to a Salvation army Store and explain your financial sdituation to them. Then they will evaluate and analyze everything and after that may decide to provide you with a tablet.
- EveryoneOn: Everyoneon is a program that bis available in almost all the states. The program is suitable for a family with an annual income of less than $35000. Theu offer free refurbished tablets, laptops, internet services and even free courses for the unemployed people.
- Computers with causes: Computers with causes is a charity organization that collects old computers and refurbished these and make these fully functional. They give these computers o students, foster homes, shelters, elderly, disabled US veterans, struggling military families etc.
Free Government Tablets that are Best
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7.
- Sunshine T1.
- Alcatel Joy Tab.
- Lenovo Tab 5.
- Google Chrome Book.
- Apple iPad.
- Fire HD 10.
- Lenovo Tab M10 Plus.
- LG G Pad 5.
- New Microsoft Surface Go 2.
How Many Days after the Application Will I Get a Government Tablet?
It will take time. The exact time period to get a government tablet after application is uncertain. You have to wait for several days to several weeks for that. Actually it depends on the availability of the tablet, the ship date, the state from where you receive the tablret , etc.
Is a free government tablet Legitimate?
Yes, a free government tablet is legitimate. It is approved by the government , and you donot need to worry about its legitimacy.
Can I upgrade or replace my government tablet?
Yes. You can. You can upgrade or replace your old tablet with a new improved one by upgrading them. But you have to pay an upgradation fee for that service.
Are there any restrictions on how I can use the government tablet?
Yes, there are some rules and regulations for using government tablets.
Can I transfer ownership of the government tablet to someone else?
No. You cannot. The Government issued devices are considered Government property. Their use is subject to certain rules and regulations. Transferring ownership of such a device may not be allowed or may require special procedures to be followed.
Are there any taxes or hidden fees associated with government tablets with offers?
No. there are no taxes or hidden fees associated with government tablets.
Can I receive more than one government tablet for my household?
No. You cannot receive more than one government tablet for your household. Because only one tablet for a household is allowed by these programs.