In today’s competitive world, communication is essential and a tablet can serve this purpose successfully. But a big question is how can you manage one if you are a low-income person. You will be happy to know that you can get an almost free tablet from Heritage Wireless through the Affordable Connectivity Program. Not only that, with this tablet you will also get free talk time, text, and data.
Now, you can use this opportunity to develop yourself. If you are young, you can use the tablet for study and entertainment. If you are an aged person, then this tablet makes your life easier. Now, you can contact your family members, order and get any products from an e-shop, contact and make appointments with doctors enjoy dramas, movies, etc. In a word, you can do almost all necessary tasks using this tablet. In fact, this tablet serves a lot for you. Let’s see how you can get this tablet through Heritage Wireless.
How to Get a Free Tablet from Heritage Wireless Through the ACP
You can get a free tablet from Heritage Wireless by following these steps.
- Check your eligibility for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Collect the necessary documents to prove your eligibility.
- Then visit Heritage Wireless’s website.
- On the website, navigate to the application page.
- Fill out the fields of the application form and the Household worksheet correctly.
- Submit the application and the household worksheet with other necessary documents.
- Now, wait for approval.
- If approved, then get a free tablet with other ACP benefits and enjoy.
Who Is Eligible for The Heritage Wireless Free Tablet
All Americans who are 18 years or above are eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program if they can fulfill some eligibility criteria. We can categorize these criteria into two types. These can be mentioned as Income-based criteria and Program Participation based criteria. In the following section, I discuss these two types of criteria.
Program Participation-based Eligibility:
You or anyone in your household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program if you or the person of the household participates or takes benefits from the following government assistance programs:
- Supplemental Security Income
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (including Section 8, Project-Based Rental Assistance, Public Housing, and more)
- Veterans or Survivors Pension Benefit
- Receiving a federal Pell Grant in the current award year
- Free and reduced-price school Lunch or Breakfast Programs including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision schools
- Tribal Specific Programs: Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Head Start (with income qualifying standard)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
Income Based Eligibility:
The Affordable Connectivity Program sets a limit of income for households to be eligible for the program. If your or your household’s annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, then you or the household is considered to be eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
The eligibility criteria for the program are not tough, it is flexible. You only need to be eligible by income or participate in any one of the above government assistance programs. So, why wait? Apply for the program if you are eligible.
Here is a question that arises: Can you get Lifeline and ACP Benefits both at a time? The answer is ‘yes’. You can receive lifeline and ACP benefits together from the same provider or different provider, as you like. First, enroll in the Lifeline and then enroll in the ACP, then enjoy both program’s benefits.
Necessary Documents That Are Needed to Get Heritage Wireless Free Tablet
To participate in the Affordable Connectivity Program, you must be eligible by income or Program participation. And you have to submit a proof document of your participation in the program. The documents may include your income status, your age or emancipation status, program participation proof, your identity, and address. These documents ensure the proper distribution of ACP benefits and that the benefits are given to the correct person.
- Documents to verify identity: Identity verification is important to ensure that the genuine person gets the ACP benefits. It recognizes false applications and also prevents any fraudulent activities. So, the FCC must verify your identity to make sure that you are the correct person to get the ACP benefits.
- Documents: A Driver’s license, Passport, or Birth certificate.
- Documents to verify Age/Emancipation Status: To receive all ACP benefits, this is some vital criteria that the applicant must be 18 years old or above. If he/she is under 18 then he/she must be an emancipated minor to receive the benefits. For the verification of your age, you must submit a document that mentions your full name and date of birth. If you are an emancipated minor, then you must submit court documents that prove your emancipation status.
- Documents: A valid ID, Passport, Birth certificate, or Emancipation certificate.
- Documents to verify Address: Address verification is very important to ensure that the ACP benefits reach the correct person. For the verification of your address, you must submit a document that contains your full name, your physical address, and your email address.
- Documents: A valid ID, Driver’s license, Utility bill, or a Recent mortgage or lease statement, W-2, or Tax return.
- Documents to prove your Income: You have to submit a document that proves your income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. This document proves your income-based eligibility.
- Documents: A prior year’s State, Federal, or Tribal tax return, Current income statement from your employer, Paycheck stub, Social Security statement of benefits, or Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits.
- Documents to prove your participation in certain government programs: To be eligible for the ACP, you must participate or take benefits from certain government programs. You must submit a document that shows you are enrolled in any one of these programs. The document must contain your full name, the program’s name in which you have participated, the document issuing institution’s name, and a valid date.
- Documents: Approval letters, Benefit award letters, Benefit verification letters, or Benefit statements.
You also need to prove your social security number and that you are alive. You have to submit proof for the above criteria also.
Also keep in mind that you should not submit your original documents, submit copy documents instead. Because your submitted documents are unreturnable.
Application Process for The Heritage Wireless Free Tablet Through the ACP
You can apply online, via mail, or via a provider to get ACP benefits. Our government is determined to reach as many households as possible. So, the government keeps almost all the ways open for you to apply for the program. So, apply in a way that is easy for you, and comfortable for you. Here I will briefly discuss all three ways to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
You can directly apply online for the Affordable Connectivity Program through this process:
- Go to the ACP website at: https://getinternet.gov/apply
- Now, click on the “Apply ” button.
- If you have an account already, sign in to it. If you do not have an account, then create one by signing up.
- Now, fill up and complete all the fields of the application with the required information.
- Now, Upload the eligibility documents.
- Now, submit your application.
- If all your documents are verified immediately after the submission of your application, then it is approved instantly. But if your documents need to be verified manually, then it takes 2 days to several days to be approved. The ACP authority will send a confirmation email to you mentioning their decision.
- If your application is approved, then you will get a highly discounted tablet (Discount up to $100) for a co-pay of $10.99 only. You can apply to your preferred provider for your ACP benefits, and if approved you can get your ACP benefits with a free tablet from them.
You can apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program via mail. You can do so in the following process:
- Download the application form and the household worksheet from the ACP website at: https://getinternet.gov/apply. Now, take a printout of the application form and the household worksheet.
- Now, complete all the fields of the application form and the household worksheet with the required information.
- Now, prepare photocopies of all of your eligibility documents and other required documents.
- Now, send the filled-up application form and the household worksheet, along with all other documents to the following address: ACP Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773
- If you apply via mail, the program administrators will review your application and notify you about their decision by sending a confirmation email. Remember one thing, you will be patient because the approval via mail takes a long time. Sometimes it takes up to 60 days to approve your application via mail.
- If your application via mail is approved, you will receive a coupon via mail that you can redeem for a tablet from your preferred provider. (Here Heritage Wireless.)
Via A Provider
You can apply for the affordable connectivity program via Heritage Wireless. Go to their official website and on the homepage, at the top right corner you will get the menu ‘Enroll Today’. Tap on it. You will be directed to the application page. There you can find that the application process is divided into six steps. Here I discuss these six steps with their sub-steps in short for you.
Step 1: Let’s Get Started
- Go to the Heritage Wireless website and you will find the ‘Enroll Today’ tab. Click on that tab. You will be directed to the application page.
- Give your contact email and phone number.
Step 2: General Information
- If you have an account, sign in to it. If you don’t have an account, then create one.
- Now, provide your contact information, including your name, email address, and phone number.
- Provide information about your household size.
Step 3: Address Information
- Provide your current address.
- If you are not the primary resident of the address, provide the name of the primary resident.
Step 4: Eligibility
- Provide information about your household income.
- Provide information about any government assistance programs that you participate in.
Step 5: Upload Documents
- Upload documents that prove your eligibility for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- These documents may include:
- Proof of income, such as a recent pay stub or tax return.
- Proof of household size, such as a recent utility bill.
- Proof of participation in any government assistance programs, such as food stamps or Medicaid.
Step 6: Final Step
- Review your application and make sure that all of the information is correct.
- Submit your application.
Ways to Know If Your Heritage Wireless Free Tablet Application Has Been Approved or Rejected
There are a few ways to check the application status for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) through Heritage Wireless:
- Check your email: Heritage Wireless will send you an email notification once your application has been processed. You can know if your application is approved or denied by this email.
- Call Heritage Wireless customer service: You can call Heritage Wireless customer service at (888) 501-7030. The customer service representative will be able to tell you the status of your application.
If you submit your application and do not get an email confirmation of your application status within 10 business days, then you should contact customer care to know about your application status.
Types of Free Tablets You May Get from Heritage Wireless
- Google Chromebook
- Lenovo Tab 5
- LG G Pad 5 – 4GB LTE Tab
- New Microsoft Surface Go 2
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7.
- Apple iPad
- Maxwest Nitro.
Process to Activate Heritage Wireless Free Tablet & SIM
If you bring your own phone:
- Insert your Heritage Wireless SIM Card.
- Power on the tablet and allow the SIM card and device to pair.
- Once pairing is complete, make a test call.
If you received a new Heritage tablet:
- Turn on the new tablet.
- Make a test call, or dial 611 from your new device.
- Press option 1 when prompted, and enter the required information.
Please note: Make sure to make at least one phone call a month in order to keep your free service activated.
Tips to Maximize Your Chances of Getting Heritage Wireless Free Tablet
- Apply as soon as possible: The Affordable Connectivity Program is a limited-time program. To get the program’s benefits, apply as soon as possible.
- Make sure you are eligible: To enroll in the program, make sure that you are eligible for the program.
- Gather your documents: You will need to provide some documents to prove your eligibility for the Affordable Connectivity Program. Collect and gather all these documents.
- Complete the application accurately: Make sure that you have completed the application accurately and provide all of the required information before submission.
- Highlight Educational or Work-related Needs: If you are a student and need internet connectivity for educational purposes or if you need internet access for work, then emphasize this in your application. Like many other programs, ACP also prioritizes individuals who require connectivity for educational or employment purposes.
- Check Application Status: After submitting your application, periodically check its status. This makes you aware of any updates or requests for additional information.
- Online Resources: Explore online resources and forums where people discuss their experiences with similar programs. These platforms can provide valuable insights and tips that can help you navigate the application process effectively.
- Keep Contact Information Updated: Always keep your contact information updated. If you don’t keep your contact information updated, you may miss notifications or communication from the program, which leads to missed opportunities.
- Follow-Up: If you haven’t received a response within the expected timeframe, don’t hesitate to follow up with the program. Politely try to know the status of your application and ask the authorities if there are any additional steps you can take.
- Be patient: The ACP application process can take some time. So, be patient and wait for Heritage Wireless to process your application.
- Be persistent: If you are not approved by the FCC for the first time, do not get upset. You can always reapply. Be persistent and keep trying until you are approved.
- Appeal if Necessary: If your application is denied, and you think that you are fully eligible and there is no appropriate cause to deny you, then you can appeal their decision. Follow the program’s appeal process, which should be outlined in their guidelines.
Other Benefits After Getting the Free Tablet from Heritage Wireless
Qualified customers can receive a free ACP service plan with these benefits.
- Unlimited Data
- Talk and
They will get a $30 discount on their monthly internet bill (For Nontribal residents), and a $75 discount on their monthly internet bill (For Tribal land residents).
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Get a Free Smartphone or SIM from Heritage Wireless?
Yes, you can get a free smartphone or SIM from Heritage Wireless if you are approved by the Affordable Connectivity Program.
Are there any hidden costs or charges for Heritage Wireless Free Tablet?
No, there are no hidden costs or charges for the Heritage Wireless Free tablet. You only have to co-pay $10.99 for the tablet, and this was previously announced.
How long will it take to receive the tablet after applying?
It can take up to 10 business days to receive the free tablet after applying for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). The actual time may vary depending on the availability of the tablet and the processing time of your application.
Can I Bring my own device to Heritage Wireless?
Yes, you can bring your own device to Heritage Wireless. You will get a free SIM from Heritage Wireless. If your phone is compatible with Heritage Wireless, then you can use this SIM on your phone and enjoy it.
How long is the Heritage Wireless Free Tablet offer available?
The ACP benefit is subject to funding availability from the FCC. So, when the FCC announces the end of the Affordable Connectivity Program, Heritage Wireless will discontinue its service.
Is there a return or exchange policy for the heritage wireless free tablet?
Yes, Heritage Wireless has a return or exchange policy for the free tablet they offer through the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). You can return the tablet within 30 days of receiving it for a full refund. You can also exchange the tablet for a different model within 30 days of receiving it, but you will be responsible for any price difference.
To return or exchange the tablet, you can contact Heritage Wireless customer service at (888) 501-7030. You will need to provide your name, address, and the order number for the tablet. You will also need to return the tablet in its original packaging and pay for shipping.
How can I get help if I have questions about the Heritage Wireless Free Tablet?
If you have any questions about the free tablet from Heritage Wireless. You can contact their customer care at:
- Call at: (888) 501-7030.
- Send an Email to: [email protected].
- You may direct visit: 601 Brickell Key Drive, Miami, Florida 33131.
- Business Hours: Monday – Saturday: 9:00 am- 6:00 pm(EST) & Sunday: Closed.