Neighborhood Wireless offers the opportunity for you to receive a free tablet along with a generous data allowance of up to 12.5 GB. That’s not all! By taking part in a quick survey you can waive $11 on your subscription. With this free tablet and data allowance, you can explore the digital world, stay connected with loved ones. Enhance your knowledge, and enjoy entertainment like never before. Don’t miss this opportunity to become a part of the Affordable Connectivity Program.
Steps to Get Neighborhood Wireless Free Tablet
- Determine Your Eligibility: To get a Neighborhood Wireless free tablet, the first step is to determine your eligibility for the program. Typically, The Affordable Connectivity Program is designed to assist low-income people in our country. So that, to be eligible for the program, you should be a low-income person. And you have to participate in a certain Government Assistance Program.
- Collect Documents for The Program: To prove your eligibility for the Affordable Connectivity Program, you should submit documents. The documents should support your income, age, Identity, Address, Participation proof, etc.
- Apply for the Program: You may apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program online, via mail, or via a provider. You have to fill up an application form, attach necessary documents and send it to the ACP Center.
- Verification and Approval: Your submitted application is verified by program administrators. They will verify your eligibility, documents, etc. and approve your application. If approved, you will be notified.
- Receive and Activate the Tablet: After approval of your Neighborhood Wireless free tablet application, you will receive a tablet with a pre-installed SIM card. You have to activate the tablet to use it.
- Comply with Program Requirements: You should abide by the ACP program’s rules and regulations. Remember, any violation of the program’s rules and regulations may result in termination of your participation in the program.
Requirements to Get Neighborhood Wireless Free Tablet
To enroll in the ACP program you have to fulfill eligibility requirements and submit required documents. In this section, I will try to give you a clear idea about these requirements.
Eligibility for The ACP Program to Get Neighborhood Wireless Free Tablet
If you want to get a Neighborhood Wireless free tablet under Affordable Connectivity Program, you must fulfill some eligibility criteria. These criteria are of two types. Income based eligibility criteria and program participation based eligibility criteria.
- Income Based Eligibility: Income based eligibility criteria depends on the financial condition of the applicant. Individuals or households that have a certain level of income or below are eligible for the ACP program. You or your household is eligible for the ACP program, if your or your household’s annual income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline.
- Program Participation Based Eligibility: Program participation based eligibility criteria is determined by your or any household member’s participation in certain government assistance programs. If you or anyone of your household already took part in certain government assistance programs or received benefits from certain government programs, then you or your household is considered as eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program. The government assistance programs are as follows:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA).
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program
- Select Tribal programs.
- Receiving a Federal Pell Grant Award in the current award year by your child makes your household eligible for the program.
- You must participate in any of the above assistance programs and also fulfill the following two criteria:
- You must be at least 18 years old. If you are under 18, then you must be an emancipated minor.
- You must be a citizen of the United States of America.
Required Documents for neighborhood wireless free tablet
A Free tablet with free internet is a lucrative offer from government. And there are many people who are trying to get the advantage dishonestly or in an unfair way. They may not be eligible for the program, but apply for it to get benefits. Moreover, the government distribute the tablet among those who really need this and are really eligible for the program.
For proper management of everything, the government sets the criteria that anyone who wants to get ACP benefits should submit documents as proof of his/her eligibility. The person should submit documents to prove his/her income status, age, emancipation status, and program participation status. If you want get a Neighborhood Wireless free tablet under Affordable Connectivity Program, you must submit the following documents for the verification of all of your statuses.
- Verifying Your Age/Emancipation Status: The government must verify your age as there is an age restriction in the program. So, you have to prove your age or emancipation status. For this, you have to submit a document. This document should contain your full Name and Date of Birth. If you are under 18 or an emancipated minor, you should submit a court-approved document that shows your emancipation status.
- Documents: A valid ID, passport, Birth certificate, or emancipation certificate.
- Address Verification: The government should verify your address to confirm that it is valid. So, you should submit a document that contains your full name and your valid address.
- Documents: A valid ID, driver’s license, utility bill, or a recent mortgage or lease statement, W-2, or tax return.
- Income Proof: As there is a limitation of income level in the Affordable Connectivity Program, you have to submit a document that proves your income level. According to the program, your income should be at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines. You must submit a document in support of your income status.
- Documents: A prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return, current income statement from your employer, paycheck stub, Social Security statement of benefits, or unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits.
- Program Participation Proof: If you participated in a certain government program, then you are eligible for the ACP. So, you must submit a document that confirms your participation in the program. This document should contain your full name, participating program’s name, document issuing institution’s name, and a valid date.
- Documents: Approval letters, benefit award letters, benefit verification letters, or benefit statements. Also prepare documents to support that you are alive. And also prepare a document to prove your social security number.
Do not submit original documents, as submitted documents are unreturnable. Submit photo copies or digital copies according to your application procedure.
How to Apply for A Free Tablet from Neighborhood Wireless
Government takes a brave initiative, the Affordable Connectivity Program, to ensure affordable and available internet & device for all. There is a big part of people in our country that are low-income and cannot afford the internet. They may not be able to apply online for the ACP Program. There are also a lot of people that do not have proper knowledge to use the internet. Considering their condition, the government keeps multiple application methods to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program. The methods are online, via mail, or via a provider. In this section you may get a clear idea about how you can apply online, via mail, or via a provider for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Online: You can apply online via USAC’s website. In this website, you will get information about the Affordable Connectivity Program, its eligibility, required documents for the program, etc. You will get there a user-friendly online application process to apply online for the Affordable Connectivity Program. To apply from USAC’s website, you have to go to the following link: affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply.
- Via mail: All applicants are not capable of using the internet or applying online. Realizing this reality, the FCC keeps an alternative. That is to apply via mail. If you want to apply via mail, contact the local FCC’s office in your state and collect paper copies of application form and household worksheet. Fill up the application form and the household worksheet, attach necessary documents’ photocopy and send the application to: ACP Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
- Via A Provider: You can apply via Neighborhood Wireless. Go to their website, select an agent and double click on the agent’s photo. This can lead you to the application process for a Neighborhood Wireless free tablet.
Type of Free Tablets That You Can Expect from Neighborhood Wireless
- Sky Pad Tablet.
- Alcatel Joy Tab 2
- Apple iPad and iPad mini
- Blu Smartphones Tablet
- Cloud Mobile Tablet
- Hyundai Tablet
- Maxwest Astro 8R Tablet
- KonnectONE Moxee Tablet
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Series
- Maxwest Nitro Tablet
If You Want Activation Fee Waiver, Participate in A Quick Survey at Neighborhood Outreach Program
The tablet provided by Neighborhood Wireless is not absolutely free. There is an activation fee of $ 11 to get the tablet. The neighborhood Wireless gives you an option to waiver that activation fee if you take part in a quick survey nwoutreach.org/index.php/agents. The survey is not mandatory; you can skip it.
Process to Activate Neighborhood Wireless Free Tablet and SIM
To use your neighborhood Wireless free tablet, you have to activate it first. The activation process is easy and here I explain it:
- Activate Your Neighborhood Wireless free tablet:
- Unbox the tablet: The tablet comes in an intact box. First unbox the tablet and make sure that all the accessories including charging cables and power adapters are present.
- Power on the tablet: Charge the tablet. After proper charging press the power button to power on the tablet. After power on, follow any on screen instructions.
- Connect to Wi-Fi: To activate your tablet, you need an internet connection. If you have a Wi-Fi connection in your location, then select your network, enter the password and tap connect. After a few seconds you will be connected to the network.
- Set up your Google Account: Now you have to set up you google account to get the full functionality of the tablet and to use any Google services on that tablet. If you have an account, sign in with your credentials. If you don’t have an account, then please create one.
- Complete the setup wizard: Now you need to set up your tablet. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process. The setup process includes accepting terms and conditions, setting up a preferred language, and also personalizing various settings.
- Install necessary updates: To keep your tablet up to date, you need to update your tablet’s software. Check for available updates for the software. These updates usually contain important bug fixes, security patches, and many new features.
- Download and install Apps: You have an activated tablet now. You can download any free or paid apps from Google Play store and install them on your tablet. You can update the existing apps also. So, you have the liberty now to use and customize your tablet as you like.
- Activate Neighborhood Wireless SIM on your tablet: Insert the Neighborhood Wireless SIM in the tablet’s SIM slot properly. Now turn off the tablet and after a few seconds turn it on. Your neighborhood SIM is activated on your tablet now.
My Neighborhood Wireless Free Tablet Application Got Declined, What Do I Do Now
If your neighborhood wireless free tablet application got declined, then you should do the following things: Contact the administrators of the program to find out the cause for rejection of the application. Try to solve the issue and reapply. If you think that the rejection is done unjustly, you can appeal the decision. You may also check the following things regarding your application:
- Check if you provide any wrong or incomplete information in your application.
- Check that you are fully eligible for the program.
- Check that your provided documents are adequate.
- Check that you apply within the program’s deadline.
- Check that you do not overlap the benefits.
- Check that your provided contact information is valid.
If the above any issue is found, try to solve it and reapply for the program.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to get a free tablet from Neighborhood Wireless?
After you have submitted your application, it takes at least 2 days to approve the application. After the approval, Neighborhood wireless will ship the tablet to your address. It will take another 7 to 10 days to reach the tablet in your hand after approval.
What are The Benefits You Get with Your Free Tablet from Neighborhood Wireless
You will get up to 12.5 GBs monthly data absolutely free with your free tablet.
Are there any hidden costs involved with Neighborhood Wireless free tablets?
There are no hidden costs involved with Neighborhood Wireless free tablets. But to get a tablet you have to pay $11 as activation fee. In Neighborhood Wireless, you have an option to waive the activation fee by participating in a quick survey.
What if I break the Neighborhood Wireless free tablet?
If you break the Neighborhood Wireless free tablet, contact the customer care and tell the agent about the incident. The customer care agent can tell you if you get a replacement tablet for free or you have to pay for it.
How do I contact Neighborhood wireless if I have more things to know?
You can contact Neighborhood Wireless Customer care. You can call at: (228)343-1315 Or contact via email: [email protected].