Pure Talk is an MVNO network carrier, that uses AT&T network towers to provide phone services. The carrier offers text, talk, and data services to make sure that you keep communicating with friends and relatives. To access Pure Talk internet services however, you must have APN settings correctly configured on your phone.
In our guide today, we will discuss more on Pure Talk APN settings for iPhone and Android phones. Besides, we will look at why you may face challenges with Pure Talk APN settings configurations on your phone. We will also discuss the remedies for APN settings problems. Continue reading to know more on Pure Talk APN settings.
Follow The Steps For Pure Talk APN Settings For Android and iPhone
As we said above, the APN settings are automatically configured when you insert the Pure Talk SIM card on your phone. However, if APN settings fail to configure automatically, you must manually configure them for the phone to access the internet. Here are the Pure Talk APN settings for Android and iPhones. To enter them manually, kindly locate the Access Point Number section in the phone’s settings.
Here are the Pure Talk APN settings for Android phones;
- Name: Pure Talk
- APN: att.mvno
- MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
- MMS proxy: proxy.mvno.telrite.com
- MMS port: 80
- MCC: 310
- MNC: 410
- Authentication Type:
- APN type: default,supl,mms
- APN Protocol:
- APN Roaming Protocol:
- Name: Pure Talk
- APN: RESELLER
- MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
- MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
- MMS port: 80
- MCC: 310
- MNC: 410
- Authentication Type:
- APN type: default,mms,supl
- APN Protocol: IPv4
- APN Roaming Protocol:
If you are using iPhone, here are the Pure Talk APN settings that you need to enter for the phone to have internet access;
- APN: att.mvno
Know About The Benefits of Pure Talk APN Settings
As seen above, the APN settings provide an avenue for your phone to access the internet via the Pure Talk network. Here are some of the benefits of the Pure Talk APN settings;
- Pure Talk APN settings carry the address allowing your phone to access the internet via AT&T network towers.
- Correct Pure Talk APN Settings allow your phone to send MMS because you have internet access. Kindly note that you can only send MMS when you have internet access.
- When your phone uses the correct APN settings, you will fully utilize the Pure Talk network coverage provided by the AT&T network carrier.
Here I Mention Some Pure Talk APN Settings Problem, That People Are Experiencing
Are you experiencing issues with your Pure Talk APN settings? There are several reasons why that might happen on your phone. In the next section, we will give you some solutions to help resolve the APN settings problems, and your phone will have internet access. However, before that, let us look at the reasons that might be causing the Pure Talk APN settings problem.
- Your phone’s software system is outdated. One of the reasons why you are experiencing Pure Talk APN settings problems may be that the software is obsolete. When you have outdated software, there is a high chance that the phone cannot access Pure Talk’s network towers. When your phone does not have network access, sometimes it may grey or lock the APN section preventing you from editing the settings.
- You are in a place without Pure Talk network coverage. If you find yourself in a place out of Pure Talk network coverage, most likely, your phone will not have access to internet services. This will make it difficult for you to edit the APN settings on your phone to access the internet connection. You will find the APN section on your phone grey or locked, hindering you from entering the new Pure Talk APN Settings.
- Caches are preventing APN settings from editing or saving. Several scenarios exist when your phone can pile browsing temporary data leading to internet connection problems. Your phone stores temporary data on every network it connects to called cache. When such piling happens, there may be data in the cache that may birth issues that will prevent you from editing the Pure Talk APN settings.
- The phone has hardware issues. Another reason you have a problem with Pure Talk APN settings may be the hardware problems of the phone. If the phone has a hardware problem connected to its network, you will likely have issues changing the APN settings. As we will see later, this issue requires you to engage a professional to help you either by repair or replacement.
In the next section, we will look at some remedies that can help you resolve the Pure Talk APN settings problems. Kindly come with us as we shed light for you and help your phone regain internet connectivity.
Follow My Suggested Solutions For Pure Talk APN Settings Common Problems
As seen, APN settings contain essential information that allows your phone to connect to the internet via your network carrier, in this case, Pure Talk. The information bears your device’s address, used mainly by the phone to connect to the carrier’s network towers for internet connection. So, in case your APN settings get greyed or locked, it becomes difficult to modify if you have internet connection problems.
Are you experiencing problems when setting your Pure Talk APN settings? Do not panic! Here are the solutions to solve your locked or greyed APN settings and restore the internet connection.
1. Reset the APN settings to the default status
It is impossible to edit or save APN settings on your phone if they have been greyed or locked. If you are in such a scenario, one way to rescue your situation is to reset to default the APN settings. This will undo all the APN settings for your previous network carrier that you made and allow you to set a new one. You can contact your carrier’s customer service for technical support if this is not working.
To reset the APN settings, kindly follow this procedure;
- Launch the “Settings” app on your home screen.
- Once it opens, locate the “Network & Internet” option and tap on it.
- Tap on the “SIM” option to proceed.
- Scroll down the options until you locate and select the “Access Point Names” option.
- You will see a three-dot menu button on the top right corner of your phone; tap on it to proceed.
- Tap to select the “Reset to default” option.
2. Activate and deactivate the Airplane mode
Activating and deactivating the Airplane mode on your phone can help reset the APN settings. Activating the APN settings automatically resets any network or customized APN settings on your phone to default. This gives you edit rights to enter new APN settings making your phone establish a new internet connection.
You can locate the Airplane mode on your phone by going to the Settings app or the notification bar on top of the screen. On the settings app, tap the toggle button and wait for some seconds before deactivating again. If you accessed it on the notification bar, tap the Airplane icon and wait for some seconds, then tap to deactivate.
3. Remove the SIM card and modify the APN settings
In some scenarios, activating or deactivating Airplane mode does not work. If that is your case, kindly remove the SIM card and head to the Settings app to modify the APN settings. Ensure that you put the correct Pure Talk APN settings on the APN section before inserting the SIM card. This will resolve your phone’s APN Settings edit or saving problem.
4. Reset the network settings
You will likely experience difficulties changing APN settings if there are extraneous network settings. This means that the only way to resolve that will be to reset the network settings on your phone. In many cases, restarting your phone may not resolve this problem but resetting the Network settings. Resetting the network settings will change the APN settings to default and allow you to enter new Pure Talk APN settings.
Kindly follow the following procedure to reset the network settings of your phone;
- Switch on your phone and go to the “Settings app” icon on the home screen.
- Scroll down to find the “System” option.
- Locate the “Reset Options” on the menu items listed there.
- Locate and tap on the “Reset Wi-Fi, Mobile, and Bluetooth” option and tap on the “Reset Settings.”
5. Factory reset your phone
Performing a factory reset on your phone is another effective method of resetting your APN settings. However, you must be prepared to lose data because the process erases all the data stored on your phone. Besides, you can back up the data on a memory card or upload it to the cloud before factory resetting your phone.
The primary goal of factory resetting is to resolve any software issue hindering APN settings editing. However, the option must be the last because of the dangers of losing your data, which might inconvenience you. Are you ready to factory reset your phone? Kindly follow the procedure below to factory reset your phone;
- Open the “Settings” app on your phone’s home screen.
- Scroll down to locate the “System” option from the listed items.
- Once it opens, open the “Reset options” on your phone by tapping on it.
- Tap on the “Erase all data (Factory reset” option and hit the “Erase all data” button to start the process.
The process will erase all the data on your phone and set all the network settings to default. This means that you will now be able to set the APN setting afresh, and your phone will establish an internet connection with Pure Talk.
6. Seek professional help
If all the tips we have provided above are not working for you, it is time to seek a professional intervention for technical support. The expert will inspect your phone and determine the cause of the telephone locking the APN settings. Mostly, if the phone has hardware problems, probably connected to the network connectivity, it will disable APN settings. The issue may require a replacement or repair of the faulty hardware part.
So, you can contact the phone manufacturer, Pure Talk customer service, for technical support. If you are calling with another carrier’s number, you can call the toll-free number 877-820-7873 to call customer service. Besides, you can dial 611 to contact them using the Pure Talk phone. You can either pay for the phone repair or use the warranty if it has not expired. So, check if the phone is under warranty, and kindly contact the manufacturer to fix it.
You can also engage insurance covers if you have insured the phone against such damages. Finally, if the replacement is higher, you can look for other cheap phone options and buy.
Do Pure Talk APN settings affect my internet speed?
No. Changing the APN settings of your phone does not affect your internet speed in any way. As seen above, the APN settings allow your phone to establish an internet connection with your cellular network provider. In this scenario, Pure Talk APN settings help your phone establish an internet connection with Pure Talk, allowing you to browse or send MMS to your relatives and friends.
How To Delete, Remove, or Uninstall APN
If you want to delete, remove or uninstall APN, go to the Settings app on your phone and search Mobile Networks, then Access Point Names. Kindly note that this procedure may be different on different phones. Select the APN and tap on the menu to open. A delete option will appear on the menu, where you can execute the command by pressing the button.