A government initiative, the Affordable Connectivity Program offers the opportunity to obtain a free tablet( It can be a QX tablet) with free internet for low income people of our country. If you’re searching for a cost-effective way to access digital resources, then the affordable connectivity program might be just what you need. To qualify for this awesome offer for a free tablet with free internet, you have to meet some specific criteria outlined by the program.
In this article I cover everything you need to know about getting an almost free QX tablet from the government. If you want to know more, come with me and explore.
Ways to Get a QX Free Tablet
You can get an almost free QX tablet and free internet from the government initiative, the Affordable Connectivity Program. The goal of this program is to bridge the digital divide and connect low income people with online based opportunities. If you are a low income person, then this QX tablet can be a strong tool for you to explore the new world and new opportunities. To get the tablet, you only have to copay $10.99 as a one time payment. So, why wait? Apply for the Affordable connectivity Program now!
Beside the government programs, there are some nonprofit organizations that give free or discounted tablets to those who need it most. So, if you are unable to get a free QX tablet from the government, then you may try for these nonprofit organizations. Some non profit organizations are: Salvation Army, Computers With Causes , PCs for People, EveryoneOn, SmartRiverSide, etc.
You can get a free QX tablet as a promotional offer from a carrier. There are many carriers that offer a QX tablet to their valued clients if they upgrade to a new plan or service under them. Not only that, if a person switches from one carrier to another , then the benefitted carrier may offer a QX tablet or any other tablet as a promotional offer. So, you may also take this opportunity to get a free QX tablet from such a carrier.
Contact your local library or community center
Check with your local library or community center to see if they offer any free tablet programs. You can usually find this information on their website or by calling them. Most of these organizations have eligibility requirements, such as income restrictions or residency requirements. If you are eligible, you have to apply, mentioning your income, household size and the reason to get the tablet. If your application is approved, then you need to participate in an orientation session. This session teaches you how to use the tablet and how to access and use the internet and its resources. Once you have fulfilled all the requirements, you will be able to get a free tablet.
Online Giveaways and Contests
You can get a QX tablet by participating in online contests and giveaways. Many social media and well known tech companies arrange Giveaways and contests , and tech enthusiasts participate in these programs and win prizes. You can also take part in such programs and can win a free QX tablet. Such platforms are : Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, and many other social media.
Steps to Get Free QX Tablet from Government Program
- First check your eligibility for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- If you are eligible, your next task is to collect proof documents of your eligibility.
- Your next task is to fill up the application form online from the USAC’s website or from your preferred provider’s website. .
- Now submit the application and the household worksheet , along with uploaded documents.
- After submission of the application, you have to wait for the approval of your application.
- If your application is approved, then you will get a free tablet ( It can be a QX tablet also). As you get the tablet, use it and enjoy all of its features.
Providers That Offer QX Free Tablet
Many providers including Unity Wireless offer free QX tablets under the Affordable Connectivity Program. In the upcoming section I will mention the providers that may give you a QX tablet for almost free under the Affordable Connectivity Program..
Unity Wireless has been approved as a provider for the affordable connectivity program, with a goal to connect eligible customers throughout the United States. To achieve this goal, Unity Wireless provides free connected devices such as QX tablets, with unlimited talk, text, and data to low-income Americans. They strongly believe that a communication tool like a QX tablet is essential and not a luxury, particularly when it comes to emergency situations. Unity Wireless ensures that low income individuals now have access to fundamental communication services through using a tablet like the QX tablet that allows them to live a safe, productive, and happy life.
Some other providers that offer QX free tablet are:
- Q Link Wireless
- StandUp Wireless
- Torch Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- Easy Wireless
- Excess Telecom
- Maxsip Telecom
Requirements for ACP to Get QX Free Tablet
You can get the opportunity to obtain a free QX tablet from the Affordable Connectivity Program only when you are eligible for the program. So, let’s check if you are eligible for the program or not.
Your eligibility for the Affordable Connectivity Program is mainly determined by two types of criteria. The income based criteria and the program participation based criteria. Your eligibility will be determined by either of the above mentioned two criteria.
- Income based criteria: If your or your household’s annual income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline, then you or your household will be considered as eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Program Participation based criteria: If you or any member of your household takes part in any of the following Government Assistance programs, then you or the household will be considered eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program. These Assistance Programs include:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program
- Receives Federal Pell grant Award.
- Tribal Assistance Programs: If you live on qualifying Tribal lands, and your household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if you (or anyone in your household) participate in the following programs, then you are qualified for the ACP:
- Any of the federal assistance programs listed above.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance.
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard).
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF).
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR).
Also, ensure that you’re at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor to be eligible. And you must be a citizen of the United States of America.
If it is determined that you are eligible for the program, then it is time to collect proof of it. Your age or emancipation status, Address, income status and program participation status should be verified and you have to submit evidence to support your status.
- Verifying Your Identity: The following legitimate official documents are required to prove your identity.
- Documents: Valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID, Birth Certificate, U.S. Driver’s license, Passport, Certificate of U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Resident Card or Green Card.
- Verifying Your Age/Emancipation Status: You’ll need an official document that contains your full name and date of birth. If you are an emancipated Minor then, you need a document that states your emancipation status.
- Documents: A valid ID, passport, birth certificate, or emancipation certificate.
- Address Verification: You need a document that contains your full name and address.
- Documents: A valid ID, driver’s license, utility bill, or a recent mortgage or lease statement, W-2, or tax return.
- Income Proof: Submit an official document that proves your income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline.
- Documents: A prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return, current income statement from your employer, paycheck stub, Social Security statement of benefits, or unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits.
- Program Participation Proof: If you qualify by the certain assistance program participation, then provide a document that contains your full name, the assistance programs name, the issuing institution’s name, and a valid date.
- Documents: Approval letters, benefit award letters, benefit verification letters, or benefit statements.
Be always ready to submit other information or documents, such as proof that you are alive, or proof of your social security number, etc. Submit clear, readable copies in paper or digital format according to your application method. Never submit original documents. Copies are sufficient for your application.
Application Procedure to Get QX Free Tablet
You can apply for the Affordable Connectivity program online, via mail, or via a provider. In the following section I try to give you an idea about how you can apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Online: You can apply directly via online for the Affordable Connectivity Program through the following link: “affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply“. It takes you to the USAC’s website from where you can get a clear idea about how to apply online for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Via mail: The FCC authority keeps an option to apply via mail. If you don’t have an internet connection and plan to apply for the program via mail, then please contact USAC’s office near your location to collect paper copies of the application and the household worksheet. Fill up them with care and attach necessary documents’ photocopies to the application and send to the following address: ACP Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
- Via A Provider: You can apply via a provider. You can apply for your preferred provider online from your home or go to the provider’s office and apply from there. The procedure is given below:
- First , you have to select your provider. You can find a provider near your location using USAC’s “Companies Near Me” tool.
- Now go to their official website. On their webpage navigate to the apply section and enter your Zip Code and email address and start the application process.
- Then follow the onscreen instructions and complete the application process. You have to complete the following steps to complete your application.
- Step 1: Select a plan.
- Step 2: Select Device.
- Step 3: Verify and Confirm Order.
- Step 4: Eligibility.
- Step:5: Final Step.
The application procedure may slightly vary for various providers.
How To Check QX Free Tablet Application Status
To check the status of your application for a free QX tablet under the Affordable Connectivity Program, you have to follow these steps:
- First go to the ACP website at: “affordableconnectivity.gov“.
- You will find the “Manage My Benefit” button. Click on it.
- Now , log in to your account with your credentials, or create an account if you do not have one.
- After log in , you will see the status of your ACP application.
The application status is generally expressed as pending, approved, or rejected. You can also check the status of your application for a free QX tablet by calling the ACP Support Center at 1-877-384-2575. or Visit: “affordableconnectivity.gov/help“.
Application Status Check through your preferred provider:
- You need to go to the provider’s website.
- On their website you should navigate to the application status check option.
- Enter your Email address, Zip code and last four digits of your social security number.
- Then click on ‘Submit’.
- You will be taken to the application status check section and you can check your ACP application status from there.
Specification of the QX free Tablet
The Woxter QX 120 8GB Black Tablet – is known for its simplicity, better functionality and affordability. This budget-friendly tablet from the innovative Spanish manufacturer, Woxter, makes internet surfing, streaming videos, etc. easy and enjoyable and engaging with apps more accessible.
The Woxter QX 120 Black Tablet device has a 10.1 inches IPS display and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system. The device is powered by a Quad Core Cortex-A7 1.5 Ghz processor paired with 1 GB of RAM. The onboard storage is at 8 GB and it is expandable to 32 GB, with the help of a microSD card. The rear camera is 5 MP and the front camera is 2 MP. The device has a long lasting removable 5000mAh battery. All these features make it an awesome choice for everyone.
Woxter’s innovation extends beyond the QX 120. Explore other models like the QX 100, the QX105, SX 220 that are available at various online retailers, including Amazon, eBay, and Woxter’s own website.
Activation Process for QX Free Tablet
To use your QX tablet, you have to activate it first. The activation process is simple and easy. You can activate the tablet in two different ways. You can activate it by activating a SIM card, or you can activate it through a Google account. In the following section I describe both processes.
Activation Using A SIM Card
You can activate your tablet by using a SIM card from any carrier if the tablet is carrier unlocked and supports the type of SIM. To activate the tablet, turn it off and insert the SIM in the tablet’s SIM slot. Now turn the tablet on . You will notice that your SIM activation process starts. Just follow the instructions to activate the tablet. For your kind consideration, in the following section, I will briefly mention the SIM activation process.
- First, turn off the tablet and insert the SIM in the QX tablet’s SIM slot. Then turn your tablet on.
- The welcome screen comes. You should choose your language and region from the welcome screen.
- Now you need an internet connection to complete the SIM activation process. If you have a wifi network on your location then it is fine. You just need to select your network and enter the Wifi password for the network.
- After connecting to the network, you need to tap “Set Up Manually”.
- After that, tap “SIM Card”.
- Now enter the following information: Your SIM Card Number, PIN, PUK, Carrier name, APN, etc.
- Now, you may also create a Password for your tablet.
- Tap “Next”.
- Wait for a few minutes and you will see that your tablet is activated .
If you face any difficulty in activating your SIM card, you may take help from the customer care of the relevant carrier or MVNO.
Activation With Google Account
To activate your QX free tablet using a Google account, please follow these steps:
- Power on the device: Locate the power button on your QX tablet. Press it to power it on.
- Set up language and region: After the device is powered on, you will be prompted to select a preferred language and region. Select the language and region and proceed further.
- Connect to Wi-Fi: To activate your QX tablet, you need a Wi-Fi connection. If you have one then select it, input the password for it and wait to establish a secure connection.
- Agree to terms and conditions: After connecting to Wi-Fi, Your QX tablet will display the terms and conditions. Read the terms and conditions thoroughly, and if you agree, you can tap on the “Agree” or “Accept” button to proceed further.
- Sign in or create a Google account: To get the full functionality of your QX tablet and to download apps from the Google Play Store, you need a Google account. If you already have an account, please sign in with your credentials. If you don’t have an account, then please follow the on-screen instructions to create one.
- Complete setup: Now set up additional features like app suggestions, backup options, screen lock, etc. Follow the on screen instructions to complete the setup process.
- Update system and apps: After You have set up the initial settings, then it is recommended to check for any available system updates. For this, go to settings>system> system updates and follow the onscreen instruction to get any pending updates. You can also update your QX tablet’s installed apps. For this, go to Google Play Store, and tap the menu icon and select “My apps and games.” You can update your apps individually or if you wish you may update them at once by selecting “Update All”.
After you have successfully activated and set up your QX tablet, you may explore its features, download any necessary apps as your requirement, or you may customize it as you like.
Other Benefits Given with The QX Free Tablet
Other benefits that are given with the QX tablet are:
- Unlimited Talk, Text, and Data.
- Reliable super-fast network.
- Enabled Free Hotspot.
- 24/7 Customer Support.
- Fast and free shipping.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do if my QX free tablet application is denied?
If your application for QX free tablet is denied, then you should find out the cause for denial. Try to solve the issue and reapply for the program. If you are not sure about the causes for denial, then please contact the program administrator to find out the exact cause.
What if I don’t qualify for a free QX tablet?
If you do not qualify for the free QX tablet, then try other alternative ways to get a free or discounted QX tablet. Many non profit organizations, community centers, libraries offer free or discounted tablets to those who need these most. You may try to manage a QX tablet in the above mentioned ways.
How long does it typically take to receive a free QX tablet?
It takes at least two days to verify and approve the application. After approval it takes 7 to 10 business days for the tablet to reach the hand of the applicant.
Are there any hidden costs associated with obtaining a free QX tablet?
No. There is no hidden cost associated with the tablet. You only have to copay $10.99 for the tablet as a one time payment and it is pre announced .
What happens if I win a QX tablet and it gets damaged during shipping?
If you win a QX tablet and it gets damaged during shipping, then you should contact the provider and inform them about it. The provider will take further steps according to their policy.
Can I sell or trade a free QX tablet if I no longer need it?
No, you cannot sell or trade a free QX tablet, though you no longer need it. This free QX tablet is the property of the government and you have to return it to the government, when you no longer need it. To sell this free QX tablet is totally illegal.