The low-income people in our country now have the opportunity to get a free tablet with free internet facility from Rural4G if they only fulfill some criteria. The government program, termed as The Affordable Connectivity Program, gives them this opportunity. If you are a low-income person and unable to afford a tablet for yourself, then without any hesitation apply for the program. Maybe it is not far to get a free tablet and fulfill your dreams.
Steps for Those Who Have Already Been Enrolled in The ACP
Those who have already been enrolled in the Affordable Connectivity Program can follow these steps to get a free tablet from Rural4G.
- Open Rural4G official website. The website has an option to apply for a free tablet. You can apply online. If you are unable to reach them online, you can contact Rural4G’s customer care or nearest retail store of Rural4G to get the application form for a tablet.
- Now, fill out the form with required information. Ensure that you do not provide any incomplete or wrong information.
- Submit the application and wait for approval. You will be notified within two days if your application is approved. After approval you will get your tablet within 7 to 10 business days.
Please Note: As you are already an Affordable Connectivity Program beneficiary, you do not have to submit any documents to prove your ACP status.
Steps for Those Who Have Not Been Enrolled for The ACP Yet
If you are not enrolled in the Affordable Connectivity Program yet, you need to be enrolled in the ACP first to get a free tablet from Rural4G. You have to follow these steps:
- To start an Affordable Connectivity program’s application, the first thing to be considered is your eligibility for the program. So check your eligibility first. Without meeting the eligibility requirements, you cannot approve your application. It will be rejected.
- If you are eligible for the program, collect all necessary documents that are needed to be submitted.
- After applying for the ACP Program, you have to wait for some days to have your application approved by the program administrator.
- If your application is approved, select Rural4G as your service provider and get your free tablet with some other ACP benefits from them.
Now follow the steps I have previously described in the section Steps for Those Who Have Already Been Enrolled in The ACP to get a free tablet.
Follow The Steps For Submit Your Rural4g Free Tablet Application Under Affordable Connectivity Program
If you are not an ACP holder, then you must have queried for the Affordable Connectivity Program, its required eligibility, documents, application process etc. Here I described the ACP in short for you.
1. Eligibility Requirements
If you want to apply for a free tablet from Rural4G, the first thing to be considered is your eligibility for the program. The eligibility is determined by two types of criteria. These are:
- Income based criteria: If your or your household’s gross annual income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline, then you or your household will be considered as eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program. If you are unable to meet the income based criteria, then try for the participation based criteria.
- Participation based criteria : If you or anyone in your household participates in one or more of these Federal Government Assistance programs, then you or the household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program. The assistance programs are: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance program(SNAP), Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income(SSI), Free and reduced-price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, Federal Public Housing Assistance(FPHA), Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits, The special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children(WIC).
2. Required Documents
If you meet the eligibility criteria for the ACP Program, then you have to submit documents as proof of your eligibility for the program.
- Income based Eligibility Proof Documents: Prior year’s federal, state or Tribal tax return, paycheck stub from current employer, divorce decrees, Child support awards, Statement of benefits from unemployment/ Workers’ Compensation, Veterans Administration Statement of benefits, or any other document indicating income information.
- Participation based Eligibility Proof Documents: Statement of benefits, Benefit award letter, Approval letter, Benefit verification letter,
- Tribal Land Resident: A Tribal land resident may qualify through Tribal land programs such as Tribal Head Start, Tribal TANF, The Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, and Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
Application process for the Affordable Connectivity Program
You can apply for the affordable connectivity program online, via mail, or via a provider.
- Online: Go to the official website of USAC at: https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply. In this website you will find all information about how to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program online.
- Via mail: From the USAC’s official website print an application form and a household worksheet. Now fill up the form and the household worksheet. Then make photocopy of all of your required documents and send the application paper with the household worksheet and attached documents’ copies ( Do not send original copies) to the following address via mail: ACP Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773
- Via a Provider: You can apply via a provider like Rural4G. Just go to their website and apply through them.
Types of Free Tablets You May Get from Rural4G
- Google Chromebook
- Lenovo Tab 5
- LG G Pad 5 – 4GB LTE Tab
- New Microsoft Surface Go 2
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7.
Process to Check Rural4G Free Tablet Application Status
To check the status of your Rural4G free tablet application, you can follow these general steps:
- Visit the official website or portal of the Rural4G free tablet program. Log in or click to this link: https://www.acpform.rural4g.com/status-check . You will get the Check status option.
- You may be prompted to provide some information for verification purposes. Commonly requested information includes your application reference number, applicant name, date of birth, or registered email address. Enter the required information correctly.
- After providing all the necessary details, click on the “Submit” or “Check Status” button.
- The system will process your information and display the status of your application on the screen. It could indicate whether your application is still under review, approved, rejected, or any other relevant information.
- If the application is approved, you will get instructions on how to collect your free tablet.
- If for any reason, you cannot get the application status from Rural4G’s website, contact their customer care for your query.
Ways to Activate Rural4G free tablets
Now you have a rural4g free tablet and obviously you are happy indeed. It is time to activate your tablet. Activation process is simple and here I write in short how you can activate your tablet.
To activate an Android tablet, you typically need to follow these steps:
- First, unpack the tablet and charge it to its full capacity with the provided charger.
- Power on the tablet: Press the power button located either on the side or top of the tablet until the screen lights up or the manufacturer logo appears.
- Language selection: Once the tablet is powered on, you may be prompted to select a language. Select your preferable language and tap Next.
- Wi-Fi connection: If your tablet has Wi-Fi capabilities, you’ll be asked to connect to a Wi-Fi network. Choose your desired network, enter the password if required, and tap “Connect”.
- Google account setup: To access the full functionality of an Android tablet, you’ll need a Google account. If you already have one, sign in with your credentials. If not, you can create a new account by tapping on “Create account”.
- Terms and conditions: You will be presented with the terms and conditions of using the device. Read them fully and tap on “Accept” if you agree to proceed.
- Personalization: The tablet may ask you to customize some settings, such as setting up a screen lock (pattern, PIN, or password), enabling location services, and enabling backup options. Set them carefully.
- System updates: Depending on the tablet’s software version, you might be prompted to install system updates. It’s generally recommended to keep your device up to date for security and performance reasons. Follow the on-screen instructions to install any available updates.
- Welcome screen: Once the initial setup is complete, you will see a welcome screen indicating that your tablet is ready to use.
These steps may vary slightly depending on the specific Android tablet model and the version of Android it is running.
Causes for Rejection of Your Application for Rural4G Tablet and Their Solutions
It is possible that your application for the rural 45g free tablet can be rejected for many reasons and there are solutions for them also. Here are some reasons and their possible solutions.
- If your provided information is incomplete or inaccurate: If your application lacks any necessary information or contains incorrect information, then your application may be rejected.
- Solution: Carefully fill out all the necessary fields of your application and provide accurate information.
- Eligibility criteria not met: Like any other standard program, the Affordable Connectivity Program also has some specific eligibility requirements. These are income based eligibility or program participation based eligibility. If the applicant failed to meet these eligibility, his/her application will be rejected.
- Solution: Before applying for the program, must evaluate that you are eligible. If you meet all the requirements for the program, then apply for it.
- Insufficient documentation: Supporting documents, such as proof of income, identification, or residency, may be required to verify your eligibility. If you don’t provide all necessary documents or if you fail to provide additional documents that the administrators of the program demand, then your application may be rejected.
- Solution: Collect all the necessary documents before applying for the program. Also provide additional documents that are demanded by the administrator of the program.
- Limited availability: The Affordable Connectivity Program may have a limited availability of tablets. If all the tablets are distributed, then the subsequent applications may be rejected.
- Solution: There is no instant solution for this problem. You have to wait until tablets are again available for the program.
- Technical issues: Sometimes, technical issues and errors in the application process can be responsible for the rejection.
- Solution: Ensure a stable internet connection with a good computer to successfully submit your application.
- Non-compliance with program rules: The Affordable Connectivity Program may have certain rules and regulations that applicants must accept and follow. Failure to abide by these rules, such as providing false information, attempting to manipulate the application process, or engaging in fraudulent activities, can result in application rejection.
- Solution: Strictly follow the rules of the Affordable Connectivity Program. Never try to manipulate the application process, or engage in any fraudulent activities.
- Failure to meet application deadlines: Like many other programs, the Affordable Connectivity Program also has a specific deadline to apply for the program. If an applicant submits his/her application after the specified deadline of the affordable Connectivity Program, then his/her application will be rejected.
- Solution: Always try to remember the deadline of the Affordable Connectivity Program. It is good if you write down the deadline somewhere, say in a notebook.
- Age restrictions: The Affordable Connectivity Program has age restrictions. To apply for the program, a person must be 18 years old or above. The rule is relaxed for only emancipated minors. If someone cannot meet this criteria, and not an emancipated minor, then his/her application will be rejected.
- Solution: If you are younger than 18 years, then try to manage another person in your household who is more than 18 years of age and tell him to apply for the ACP. If you are an emancipated minor, then collect papers to prove your emancipation status.
- Incorrect or non-functioning contact information: If you provide contact information that is incorrect or outdated, then the program administrators cannot contact you and cannot verify your details. So your application will be rejected.
- Solution: Always give correct and updated contact information. If your contact information changed, then immediately update it and inform the program administrators about it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What other benefits do I get with Rural4G free tablets?
You will get a $30 discount every month on your internet bill. If you live in a tribal land, then you will get a discount of $75 every month on your internet bill.
Are Rural4G free tablets really Free?
No, the Rural4G tablets are not really free, you have to copay $10.01 as a one-time payment for the tablet.
Can I disconnect my Rural4G free tablet service at any time?
Yes, you can disconnect your rural 4 G free tablet service at any time without paying any termination fee.
How do I contact Rural4G free tablet customer service?
You may contact Rural4G customer care by the following way:
- E-Mail: contact @ rural4g [dot] com
- Phone: (870) 451-0373
- Support: Monday -Friday: 8:00 am to 10:00 pm ET
- Saturday and Sunday: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm ET.