Some days ago, my intimate friend, Henry, lost his nice phone in a restaurant. After a long search , he was almost disappointed about the phone and was very upset. He came to my house and I offered to watch a western movie with me, but still he was upset. In our conversation, it is revealed that he purchased the phone from Safelink, and as I knew the replacement policy of the company, I just asked him when he purchased the phone, he faintly answered that he purchased it six months ago. Now, it is my part to act upon the drama. I told Henry, “Dear friend, you will get a replacement phone within 10 days, just claim it to Safelink”. First he looked at me with a lot of disbelief, then a smile came to his lips.
On that day, we watched the movie , went to the Safelink office, reported and claimed for a replacement phone. After seven days, Henry got a new phone, and was so happy that he was not ever before. I think incidents like this are common in the lives of many of us. As we use smartphones , we must know the corresponding company’s replacement policy. Today I invite all of you to join this journey to explore with me the phone replacement policy of Safelink , their phones replacements procedure, and so on.
Common Reasons For Safelink Phones Replacements
Safelink gives us the opportunity to get a replacement phone in some conditions fixed by Safelink.
The common reasons for which most of us need replacement phones are given below:
- If your phone has a manufacturing defect and the phone does not function properly. For this reason you must claim a replacement within the first year of purchase. You will get a brand new phone.
- If your phone is lost or stolen. You get the replacement for only once, and you get a refurbished phone.
- If you are bored with the existing model and want an upgraded phone. In this situation you have to choose a phone from Safelink’s website, and pay an amount for it.
Ways To Get Safelink Phones Replacements
SafeLink phone replacement policy
Safelink has a specific phone replacement policy. They only replace your phone if your claim matches with their replacement rules. So, if your phone malfunctions, then don’t lose hope. For your kind consideration, here is given Safelink Phones replacements policy:
- If your received Safelink Phone is defective ( Manufacturing defect), then the company will deliver you a new one, if you claim it within the first year of purchase.
- In order to replace your phone, you must be able to prove the phone’s date of purchase and also present a receipt.
- The warranty can only be exercised by the owner and is in no circumstances transferrable.
- You have got a replacement phone if your phone is lost or stolen. The replacement is one time replacement. That means if you lost your replacement phone also, then you have to pay full amount for further replacement. You have got a refurbished Phone of the same make or similar model, that is available at the time of replacement.
- You may replace your phone if you are bored of it or no further like it. But for this replacement you must pay the price that is estimated for the phone by Safelink. The phone upgrade price starts from $39. In that case you can choose your phone from a variety of collections in the Safelink Wireless.
- If you get a replacement phone because your previous phone was lost or stolen, then you will get an airtime of 10 minutes only ( For the ongoing month). You will lose all additional air time that you may have had.
- The replacement policy is applicable for one year from the purchased date.
SafeLink Phones Replacement Procedure
- Call SafeLink customer service at 1-800-378-1684 and tell the customer care representative about your issue. If you lost your phone or it was stolen , then inform him about the estimated last using date. Tell him how and where you have lost your phone or how your phone got stolen.
- Provide him your device’s ESN that you have got in the activation card. If you cannot provide the ESN for any reason, then provide him the Cell phone number of the lost or stolen phone.
- You may request the representative to keep your old number or you may apply for a new one. Also request him to send a copy of the report on your lost or stolen phone to your email address. You will get the cell phone replacement confirmation number in that email.
- After completion of all procedures , your replacement phone will be mailed to you within 3 to 10 business days. After receiving the parcel, you may check if the phone and all other accessories are properly provided to you.
How To Activate Safelink Phone After Replacements
As you get your replacement phone, you have to set up your phone or activate it. If you have your previous SIM card, then just insert it in your replacement phone. The phone will be activated automatically.
But if you lost your phone, or your phone was stolen, then you also lost your SIM card. So you need a replaced phone with a new SIM. In that case you have to go through a process to activate the SIM and phone. The activation process is given here:
There are two ways to activate your SafeLink Wireless phone:
- By Phone:
- Call SafeLink customer service at 1-800-378-1684.
- Have your SafeLink phone number and PIN ready.
- Follow the instructions provided by the customer service representative.
- The customer service representative will verify your information and activate your phone.
- You will receive a confirmation text message once your phone is activated.
- By Text:
- Make sure your phone is turned on and has a SIM card installed.
- Text “ACTIVATE” to 611611.
- You will receive a text message with a link to the SafeLink activation website.
- Click on the link and follow the instructions to complete the activation process.
- You should keep in mind while activation:
- You will need your SafeLink phone number and PIN to activate your phone.
- If you do not have your PIN, you can request a new one by calling SafeLink customer service at 1-800-378-1684.
- The activation process may take a few minutes to complete.
- Once your phone is activated, you will be able to make and receive calls, send and receive text messages, and use data services.
Best Safelink Wireless Replacements Phones
Here I describe some Safelink replacement Phones:
- Samsung Galaxy S10: Samsung Galaxy S10 comes with a 6.1 inches Dynamic AMOLED display with resolution of 1440*3040 pixels. The device runs on Android 9.0(Pie) operating system and is powered by an Octa-core processor. There are 3 rear cameras and one selfie camera. The device supports Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, etc. Supported USB Type is : C 3.1. It is backed up by a Li-Ion 3400 mAh non-removable battery.
- Google Pixel 4: Google Pixel 4 has a nice P-OLED display with a resolution of 1080*2280 pixels. It runs on Android 10 operating system, which is upgradable to Android 13 . The device is powered by an Octa-core processor. The device has dual rear cameras and a selfie camera. The phone supports Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS , etc. Supported USB Type is : C 3.1. The device has a non removable Li-Po 2800mAh battery.
- OnePlus Nord 100: The OnePlus Nord 100 is an affordable smartphone with a 6.52-inch display, a 5000mAh battery, and a triple-lens rear camera system. It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 460 processor and has 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage. The rear camera system consists of a 48MP main camera, a 2MP macro camera, and a 2MP depth camera. The front-facing camera is an 8MP sensor. The OnePlus Nord 100 runs OxygenOS based on Android 10. It is a great option for budget-minded shoppers who are looking for a smartphone with a large display, long battery life, and a decent camera system.
- Motorola G Power (2022): The Motorola G Power (2022) is a beast when it comes to battery life. With a 5,000mAh battery, you can go days without having to charge it. It also has a great display, a fast processor, and a versatile camera system. Plus, it runs on Android 11 and has up to 64GB of storage that you can expand with a microSD card. If you’re looking for a reliable and affordable smartphone, the Motorola G Power (2022) is a great option.
- Alcatel TCL A3: The TCL A3 is a cost-effective smartphone with a large 5.5-inch 18:9 HD+ display, a fast processor, and ample expandable storage. It features an 8MP rear camera with Pro mode and a 5MP front-facing camera, a 5.5-inch 18:9 HD+ display, an octa-core processor, 3GB of RAM, and 32GB of storage that can be expanded up to 128GB. The large 3000mAh battery can easily last for more than 14 hours of mixed usage on a single charge.
- Some Other Safelink Replacement Phones:
- Samsung Galaxy A03s
- Samsung Galaxy S23
- Nokia G300 5G
- Motorola G Pure (2021)
- Motorola G Stylus (2022)
- Google Pixel 5a 5G
- Google Pixel 6 5G
- NUU A11L
- NUU F4L Flip Phone
- OnePlus Nord 200 5G
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does It Take To Get A SafeLink Phones Replacements
It takes up to 10 days to get a replacement phone from safelink.
Can I get a Replacement SIM Card From SafeLink?
Yes, you can get a replacement SIM card from Safelink. You need this SIM when your Safelink phone was lost or got stolen.
What happens if I lose, damage or stolen my SafeLink phone?
If your phone is lost or stolen, then you get a replacement phone from Safelink for free only once within a time frame of one year. And you get a refurbished Phone of the same make or similar phone of another model. If you damage your phone, you will get no replacement.
How much does it cost to replace a SafeLink phone?
Safelink provides a free replacement phone for only once under their replacement policy. If you again lose the replacement phone, then you have to pay in full for the 2nd, 3rd, and consecutive replacements.
How often can I replace my Safelink phone?
You can replace the Safelink phone for free only once within a year from the day of purchase. For further replacement, you have to pay the cost of the phone.
Can I choose any phone model for my replacement?
For the free replacement, you cannot choose any phone model. But if you replace the phone paying the phone’s cost in full, then you can choose from a variety of collections from Safelink.
What if my Safelink replacement phone is also faulty?
If your SafeLink replacement phone is also faulty, you can contact SafeLink customer service and request them for a replacement for your faulty phone. You will need to provide them with the same information as you did when you first requested a replacement phone. You also need to provide them your SafeLink account information and tell them the reason why you need a replacement phone. SafeLink will investigate the issue and may send you a new replacement phone or offer you a refund.
Where can I get help with SafeLink phone replacements?
To get help with Safelink Phone Replacement you can contact their customer support:
- For Enrollment And Plan Change Support:
- Call: 1-800-723-3546
- Monday – saturday: 8:00 a.m -10:00 p.m EST
- Sunday: 8:00 a.m – 7:00 p.m EST
- Owing to Technical Support only:
- Call: 1-800-378-1684
- 8:00 a.m -12:00 a.m EST (7 days a week).
- For Correspondence:
- Safe Link Wireless
- PO Box 220009
- Milwaukie , OR 97269- 0009.