A renowned MVNO, Telnet USA provides a free tablet under the Affordable Connectivity Program. The Affordable Connectivity Program mainly helps those who are low-income and cannot afford a connected device. Telnet has the capability to help these people and make their lives easy, productive, and enjoyable by providing an almost free tablet. If you are a low-income person, then I think you come to the right place.
Telnet USA offers a highly discounted tablet (Discount of up to $100), with a monthly free internet package. If you are approved by the ACP, then you may enroll in Telnet USA and get a free tablet along with other ACP Benefits. In the following article, I discuss everything about how to get an almost free tablet from Telnet USA. So, don’t miss a single line…proceed.
Step to Get Telnet USA Free Tablet
We can describe the process of getting a free tablet from Telnet USA under the Affordable Connectivity Program in some steps. These are:
- Evaluate your eligibility.
- Gather necessary documents.
- Apply for the Affordable Connectivity program.
- Approval of the Application/ Rejection of the Application.
- If the application is approved, then contact a provider. (Here Telnet USA)
- Get ACP benefits from the provider.
- In the case of rejection of application, you may reapply for the program.
In the following sections, almost everything about these steps is discussed. So, proceed.
Requirements To Submit Your Application For Telnet USA Free Tablet
To get a free tablet from Telnet USA, you must be eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program and also need to submit proof of your eligibility. After that, you have to apply for the free tablet and if you are approved by the Program administrators, you may get a free tablet from Telnet USA.
Qualification to Get Telnet USA Free Tablet Under the Affordable Connectivity Program
If anyone wants to qualify for the ACP program, he/she must be an American citizen and must be 18 years old or older. He /she must fulfill income-based criteria that are fixed by the FCC, or he/she must take part or get benefits from a certain Government Assistance program. If someone can fulfill these criteria, he/she can be considered eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program. In this section, I mention details of the eligibility criteria for the program.
To be eligible for the ACP, a person or household must meet one of the following criteria:
- The person or household must have an annual income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- The person or household must meet the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income internet program.
- He/ She or the household must participate in any of the following government assistance programs:
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program).Medicaid.Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program.Project-Based Rental Assistance (PBRA)/202/811.Federal Public Housing Assistance. (FPHA).SSI (Supplemental Security Income).WIC (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children).Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.Select Tribal Programs.
- The Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program are administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). Households that participate in these programs may be eligible for the ACP, even if they do not meet the income or other eligibility criteria.
- Federal Pell Grants are awarded to undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need. Students who receive a Pell Grant during the current award year may be eligible for the ACP.
How to Prove Your Eligibility for A Free Tablet from Telnet USA
A free tablet is lucrative. So, a lot of people apply for the free tablet under the ACP program, some people may not eligible for the program. To find out the eligible candidates only, the government announced that all applicants should submit documents to prove their eligibility. If you are eligible and want to apply for the ACP program, then you must submit some documents. In this section, I discuss the necessary documents for the ACP Program.
- Documents to verify identity: It is very important to verify an applicant’s identity. This helps to protect against fraud and also ensures that genuine candidates apply for the program. So, you must submit one of the following documents.
- Documents: A driver’s license, Passport, or Birth certificate.
- Documents to verify income: Low-income people are eligible for the ACP program. A person or household is considered eligible if his / her annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guideline. So, you must submit an income document that proves your income status.
- Documents: A prior year’s State, Federal, or Tribal tax return, current income statement from your employer, paycheck stub, Social Security statement of benefits, or unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits.
- Documents to verify address: The FCC provides a monthly discount on internet service under the ACP Program. So it is important to verify the applicant’s address to ensure that the discount is applied to the correct account.
- Documents: A valid ID, driver’s license, utility bill, or a recent mortgage or lease statement, W-2, or tax return.
- Documents to verify program participation: You are eligible for the ACP program if you take part or get benefits from certain Government Assistance programs. To prove that you have taken part in or got benefit from any of these programs, you have to submit any of the following documents.
- Documents: Approval letters, benefit award letters, benefit verification letters, or benefit statements.
You may also prepare documents to prove that you are alive and you also need a document to prove your social security number.
If you do not have all of the required documents, you may still be able to apply for the ACP. The Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC), which administers the ACP, will work with you to determine if you are eligible based on the information you can provide.
Ways to Apply for Telnet USA Free Tablet Under the Affordable Connectivity Program
The government arranges multiple types of application processes considering the conditions of all kinds of people. Some people can apply online, some may not have the facility to apply online, they may apply via mail. Some may be unable to apply themselves because of their very old age or lack of enough technical knowledge. Considering the condition of all these people, the government keeps the option to apply in multiple ways for the Affordable Connectivity Program. In this section, I discuss all the ways you can apply for the program.
Apply Via Online
If you want to apply online for the Affordable Connectivity Program, then you can apply in the following process:
- Go to the ACP website at: “getinternet.gov/apply?ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D”
- Click on the “Apply ” button.
- Follow the instructions on the website to complete your application.
- Provide the required information, such as your name, address, email, city, state, Zip code, income information, and information on your participation in government assistance programs.
- If you are asked, you have to provide eligibility documents.
- Submit your application, along with necessary documents.
- The ACP will review your application and send a confirmation email to you of their decision.
- If your application is approved, you will get a high discount on the tablet (Discount up to $100) from your preferred participating provider. (Here Telnet USA, if you choose it).
You can visit ACP’s official website: “affordableconnectivity.gov”. You will get information about how to qualify for the ACP program, how to apply for it, and also information about companies near you, etc., from this website.
Apply Via Mail
If you are comfortable with applying via mail, you can apply in the following process:
- Download and take a printout of the application form and the household worksheet.
- Complete the application form and the household worksheet.
- Gather the required documents to support your application. Send the application form and the household worksheet, along with all documents to the following address: ACP Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773
- The FCC will review your application and notify you of their decision. Remember that it may take up to 60 days to process your application if you apply via mail.
- If your application is approved, you will get a coupon via mail that you can redeem for a tablet from your preferred provider.
Apply Via A Provider
You can apply through Telnet USA. For this go to their website and apply from there.
- Go to the following link: “usatelnet.com“
- Input your ZIP code and email address.
- Click on the Apply Now button.
- If Telnet USA offers service in your location, then you will be redirected to your location’s online application form.
- Complete the form and the household worksheet and upload digital copies of your eligibility documents.
- Now, choose a suitable service plan for you.
- Submit your application.
- Now wait for a response. The company will send you a confirmation email to let you know if your application is approved or rejected.
- If your application is rejected, you can reapply following the above-mentioned process.
- If you are approved by the program, then apply to Telnet USA for your free tablet, with all other ACP benefits.
Feature of Telnet USA Free Tablet
You will get a BLU M8L tablet from Telnet USA if you are approved by the Affordable Connectivity Program. Let’s check out the specifications of the tablet.
- The BLU M8L tablet has a nice IPS 8.0-inch LCD display with a resolution of 800*1280 pixels.
- The tablet runs on Android 12 operating System and is powered by a Quad-core 2.0 GHz CPU, which is capable of handling tasks for work, entertainment, and more.
- With an internal memory of 32 GB, you can store photos, music, documents, movies, etc.
- The Quad-core processor with 3 GB RAM and Li-Po 4000 mAh battery ensures a smooth and day-long performance.
- The tablet supports micro SD Dual SIM.
- You can take crystal clear pictures with the rear camera which is 8 MP, and the front or selfie camera is 5 MP.
- The tablet includes Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and Type C USB and the device supports the 4G LTE network.
Process to Activate Telnet USA Free Tablet After Getting Through the Affordable Connectivity Program
You have received a SIM with your free tablet from Telnet USA. To use this tablet, you have to activate the SIM. After SIM activation, you can make calls, send SMS, and use your mobile data. So, it is a must for you to know how to activate the SIM.
You have an activation code with your SIM. This code may be required to activate your SIM.
- You can activate your SIM in the following way: You can activate your SIM in a simple process. Insert the SIM in your tablet’s SIM slot. Then turn off the tablet and wait for a few seconds. Now turn the tables on. Your SIM activation process will start automatically with this simple process. But if it does not start, then enter the activation code and your SIM activation process will be started.
- The total SIM Activation process is given here in short:
- First turn the tables on.
- Then select your language and region.
- Select your Wi-Fi network.
- If prompted, enter the Wi-Fi network password.
- Tap ‘Set up manually.’
- Then tap ‘SIM Card’.
- Now enter your SIM card information. This may include your SIM card number, PIN, and PUK, carrier name, APN, etc.
- If prompted, create a passcode for your tablet.
- Then tap ’Next’.
- The tablet will activate the SIM within a few minutes. After your SIM is activated, you can make phone calls, send text messages, and use your cellular data.
The SIM activation process is simple and easy. You can easily activate your SIM by yourself. If you fail to activate it or encounter any problems, then you may contact the customer care of Telnet USA to get help activating it. Here are some other processes to activate the SIM.
- SIM Activation by Customer Care: You can take help of the customer care and activate your SIM. Make a phone call to the customer care. They may ask you some questions to confirm your identity and also ask you for the SIM activation code. Provide them with all the information and the activation code, and they will activate your SIM.
- In-person: You may visit the Telnet USA office in person and provide them with the necessary information and the activation code. They will activate the SIM for you.
You can use a Google account to activate your tablet. After activation, you can use the tablet and all Google services. You can download apps from the Google Play Store and sync your data across devices. Here is how to activate your tablet using your Google account:
- Power on the Tablet: Power on the tablet by pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds.
- Language and Region Setup: From the welcome screen select your language and region. This will help you to set up your tablet’s interface easily.
- Wi-Fi Connection: Connect the tablet to a Wi-Fi network. This is necessary to complete the activation process.
- Sign in to Your Google Account: To complete the activation process you need to sign in to a Google account. If you have a Google account, enter your email address and password and log in to your account. If you don’t have a Google account, then create one.
- Set Up Your Google Services: You can enable or disable any Google services when setting up the account. You may enable or disable services such as location services, automatic backups, etc.
- Device Security and Lock Screen: To secure your device’s personal and sensitive data, you may set up a lock screen method, such as PIN, pattern, password, or fingerprint.
- Home Screen: When your tablet’s setup is completed, you see the home screen, where you can access all your apps, settings, and other features.
- Access Google Play Store: Now you can access Google Play Store and download apps, games, etc., and personalize your tablet. If you have two-factor authentication enabled, then you will be asked to verify your identity through a code sent to your registered mobile number or email.
- Agree to Terms and Conditions: You are prompted to accept Google’s terms and conditions to continue their service. Accept the terms and conditions and proceed.
- Backup and Restore: If you previously backed up your data from another device to your Google Account, then you can restore it onto your free tablet. You can choose to restore apps, app data, contacts, call history, device settings, and more from your previous device. This can save time when you set up your new tablet.
Remember that the steps for activation may slightly vary for the tablet’s brand, model, and Android version. However, the overall activation process is the same for all devices.
Benefits of Telnet USA ACP Services
Telnet USA provides great services for their ACP clients. Some of their awesome services and facilities that make them unique from others are given here:
- Enjoy perks of ACP: You can get these free benefits with a discounted (Co-pay: $10.01) tablet from Telnet USA. The benefits are 5000 MB of data and a free SIM card.
- Earn Cash Reward and Referral Bonus: You can earn cash rewards and referral bonuses. You will receive a visa card with monthly top-ups and earn a $20 bonus for each referral.
- Choose your free devices: Telnet USA gives you the option to choose your free tablet. Now, you can choose the best tablet that meets your needs.
- Unbeatable data plan: You will enjoy unbeatable data plans from Telnet USA. You can choose from free to discounted data plans. You can choose the perfect plan to meet your needs.
- Keep your number without any hassle: You can seamlessly switch to Telnet’s ACP service. You can keep your existing number and the transition process is totally hassle-free.
- Get support, it is just a click away: Telnet USA’s support team is always ready to give you the best service that could be. Their live chat service is dedicated to giving you instant solutions for your problems.
How Can I Maximize My Chances to Get a Telnet USA Free Tablet
You can maximize your chances of getting a free tablet from Telnet USA in many ways. Here are described some of them:
- Research Eligibility Criteria: Before applying for the program, you must evaluate that you are eligible for the program. It increases your chances of getting a Telnet USA free tablet.
- Gather Documentation: Collect any necessary documents that prove your eligibility. Be prepared to submit additional documents as sometimes the program administrators also ask for additional documentation.
- Stay Informed: Always keep yourself updated about the program’s application process, deadlines, and any announcements related to it. Follow official social media accounts, subscribe to newsletters, and regularly visit the program’s website for updates.
- Prepare a Compelling Application: Try to prepare an application that impresses the authority. In your application, clearly mention why you need a tablet and how it will change your life. That means you plan to use it for the well-being of you and the community.
- Highlight Your Circumstances: You may highlight your circumstances. Say, you are a student but do not have access to online educational resources or you live in an underserved area without connectivity. Make sure to mention your condition in the application. This can draw the attention of the program administrators and thus increase your chances of getting a free tablet.
- Be Honest: Provide truthful and accurate information in your application. Remember, honesty has its reward.
- Submit application Early: You may have an extra advantage if you submit your application early. In most of the cases, when the program runs for a long time, there is a lack of devices. Thus applying early may increase your chance to get a free tablet.
- Follow-Up: If possible, follow up on your application’s status. If there’s an option to contact the program administrators, do so politely to inquire about the progress of your application.
- Seek Assistance: If you’re unsure about any part of the application process, don’t hesitate to reach out to the program administrators to understand it clearly.
- Engage in Pre-Application Activities: If possible, participate in workshops, webinars, or events arranged by the ACP. Your participation proves your genuine interest in the program and also gives you an opportunity to learn more about the program’s objectives and goals. This will help increase your chances of being accepted by the program, or in other words, increase your chances of getting a free tablet.
- Collaborate with Local Organizations: Reach out to local organizations, such as community centers, nonprofits, and educational institutions. They may provide you with information about getting free tablets and sometimes these institutions themselves provide tablets.
- Networking and Social Media: You must be connected to individuals who have successfully benefited from similar programs in the past. Their experiences and advice can have valuable insights. So, regularly visiting social media may help to increase the chances of getting a free tablet.
- Proofread and Edit: Ensure your application materials do not have grammatical errors and typos. A well-edited application can draw the program administrator’s attention and also prove professionalism.
- Persistence Pays Off: If you are not successful on the first try, don’t be discouraged. Find out the cause for rejection, solve the issue, and reapply.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I avail of the offer if I’m already a Telnet USA customer?
Yes, you can avail of the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) offer if you are already a Telnet USA customer. You may get all ACP benefits (A highly discounted tablet along with a free internet package) from Telnet USA if you are approved by the ACP Program.
If I face technical issues, does Telnet USA provide any warranty or service?
Yes, Telnet USA provides a one-year warranty on its Free tablet. This warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship. If your tablet develops a problem during the warranty period, Telnet USA will repair or replace it free of charge.
To make a warranty claim, you will need to contact Telnet USA customer support. You can call 888-596-2553 or send an E-mail to: “[email protected]”. You will need to provide your account number and the serial number of your tablet.
When making a warranty claim, please keep in mind that:
- The warranty does not cover damage caused by accident, misuse, or neglect.
- You may be responsible for shipping costs to and from Telnet USA.
- The warranty may not cover all problems with your tablet.
Does the Telnet USA free tablet offer a limited-time promotion? How long is it available?
Yes, the Telnet USA free tablet offer is a limited-time promotion. The offer is available until September 30, 2023.
What if I don’t qualify for the free tablet?
If you don’t qualify for the free tablet from the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), there are still a few ways you can get a tablet at a discounted price.
- Check with your local library. Many libraries offer free or low-cost tablets that you can borrow for a certain period of time.
- Look for used tablets. You can often find used tablets in good condition for a fraction of the price of a new one. You can check online classifieds, thrift stores, or even garage sales.
- You may check the following institutions for a free or discounted tablet: Computers with causes, Goodwill Industries, The Salvation Army, The United Way, etc.
Do I own the Telnet USA Free tablet outright or is it leased to me?
The Telnet USA Free tablet is leased to you, not owned. This means that you are not able to sell, trade, or give away the tablet without Telnet USA’s permission. If you cancel your service with Telnet USA, you will need to return the tablet.
Here is a copy of the relevant section of Telnet USA’s Terms of Service:
Equipment. If Telnet USA provides you with equipment, such as a tablet, you agree to: (a) keep the equipment in good condition and repair; (b) not modify or alter the equipment; (c) not remove any labels or markings from the equipment; and (d) return the equipment to Telnet USA upon termination of your service.
Are there any cancellation fees if I decide not to continue with Telnet USA?
According to Telnet USA’s Terms of Service, there are no cancellation fees if you cancel your service within 30 days of signing up. However, if you cancel your service after 30 days, you will be charged a $25 processing fee.
How Long does the Telnet USA Free Tablet Application approval process take?
The Telnet USA Free Tablet Application approval process takes about 2-4 weeks. You will receive an email notification once your application has been approved.