If you are a low income individual or a household, then this is really good news for you that you are going to get a free tablet from Torch Wireless under the Affordable Connectivity Program. Now your long wait for a tablet to explore the world is over. You can do anything using this tablet; from job searching to get health care services.
Application Steps for Torch Wireless Free Tablet
If you are not an Torch Wireless ACP holder yet, you need to be apply for Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) to get a free tablet from Torch Wireless. You have to follow these steps:
- First of all check your eligibility for the Torch Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program. Without meeting the eligibility requirements, you cannot make your free tablet application approved. It will be rejected.
- If you are eligible, then collect all needed documents. Then you have to gather all your required documents for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- After applying for the Torch Wireless ACP Program to get a free tablet, you should wait for some days to be approved by the authority.
- If approved, Torch Wireless will send a free tablet to your address.
- After getting the tablet, activate it and use all the features of it with ease and happiness.
Now follow the steps I previously described in the ApplicationSteps for ACP HolderSection.
Steps to Apply for Torch Wireless Free Tablet Application Steps for ACP Holder
If you are already enrolled Affordable Connectivity Program, then follow the application process below to get a Torch free tablet.
- First login to the website of Torch Wireless.
- After login check application form to apply for a free tablet. You can also contact Torch Wireless’s customer care or your nearest retail store of Torch Wireless to get the application form.
- Fill out the form with all necessary information. Ensure that you do not submit any wrong information or incomplete information.
- As you are already an Torch Wireless ACP holder, you do not need to submit any documents to prove your ACP status.
- Submit the application form for Torch Wireless free tablet and wait for approval. If your free tablet application is approved, then you will get the free tablet within 7 to 10 business days.
Check Your Torch Wireless Free Tablet Application Status
After applying for the Torch Wireless free tablet, you have to check the application status to know whether your application is approved or not. Unlike many other Wireless companies’ websites, the official website of Torch Mobile does not have a dedicated page to check application status. Finally, to know your application’s status, you have to contact Torch Wireless customer care and request them to check your application status and inform you about it.
Activate Your Torch Wireless Free Tablet
After getting your Torch Wireless tablet under the Affordable Connectivity Program, you have to activate it to use it.
- Firstly, carefully unpack it and charge it to its full capacity.
- After that turn it on by holding the power button. Now follow the on screen prompts, set up WiFi connectivity.
- Then if you want, you can insert a SIM card provided by Torch Wireless or your preferred Carrier. If your tablet supports it, then you can make calls, send texts, etc.
- Now, complete the setup process providing your personal information, such as your name, e-mail address, etc., and other required details. You can add additional features according to your requirements.
- Now you can add your preferred Apps from the Google play store or app store.
- Customize your tablet’s settings. Set up display settings, sound settings, etc. and also set security features like PIN, or your finger print lock. (If the device supports it)
- Familiarize yourself with the tablet’s features and functionality by exploring the user interface, navigating menus, etc.
- If you encounter any issues or require further assistance, please consult the user manual provided with the tablet or contact Torch Wireless customer support for help.
Tablets That Are Free from Torch Wireless Under Affordable Connectivity Program
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
- LG G Pad 5
- Lenovo Tab 5
- Sky Tablet
- Apple iPad model
Requirements to Submit Your Torch Wireless Free Tablets Application
Eligibility Requirements for Torch wireless free tablet
In your application process to get a Torch Wireless Free Tablet, the first thing to be considered is whether you qualify for the program or not. To determine that you are qualified for the program, you have to meet one or both of the following two types of criteria. These are:
- Income based Criteria: If your or your household’s gross annual income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline, then you or your household will be considered as qualified for the Affordable Connectivity Program. If you cannot meet this income based criteria, then you can try for participation based criteria.
- Program Participation based criteria : If you or anyone in your household participates in any of these Federal Government Assistance programs, then you or the household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program. The programs are: Free and reduced-price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, Federal Public Housing Assistance(FPHA), Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income(SSI), Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance program(SNAP), The special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children(WIC).
If you are eligible for the Torch Wireless ACP program, then the next thing you have to do is to submit documents to prove that you are eligible.
- Income Based Eligibility Proof Documents : Prior year’s federal, state or Tribal tax return, Child support awards, divorce decrees, paycheck stub from current employer, Veterans Administration Statement of benefits, Statement of benefits from unemployment/ Workers’ Compensation, or any other document indicating income information.
- Participation Based Eligibility Proof Documents : Benefit award letter, Approval letter, Benefit verification letter, Statement of benefits.
- Tribal Land Residents : A Tribal land resident may qualify through Tribal lands programs such as Tribal Head Start, The Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, and Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
If Your Torch Wireless Free Tablet Application Was Rejected Carefully Check All This Steps Before Applying Again
Research the Affordable Connectivity Program
You must know about the Affordable Connectivity program properly. Try to understand the objectives, eligibility and all other requirements to obtain a Torch Wireless free tablet. So, always be up to date with the website of the program.
Double check your eligibility
Ensure that you are eligible for the program. The eligibility may include income based eligibility, program participation based eligibility, etc. Make it sure that you fulfill all the required criteria before applying for the Torch Wireless free tablet under Affordable Connectivity program.
Prepare required documentation
To support your Torch Wireless ACP eligibility, gather all required documents or proof of support. This can include income statements, proof of participation in assistance programs, or any other documents specified by the program. Also ensure that all the documentation is up-to-date and accurate.
Submit a complete and error free application
When you fill up all the field of your Torch Wireless free tablet application, follow all the rules of The Affordable Connectivity Program. Double check the application to ensure it is complete and error free.
Follow instructions and deadlines
Pay attention to any instructions or deadlines provided by the program. Never miss deadlines of the program. Stay organized and submit your Torch Wireless free tablet application before the specified deadline.
Seek assistance if needed
If you have any questions or need help with the free tablet application process, don’t hesitate to contact with Torch Wireless. They can properly guide you through the application process, clarify all your doubts and ensure that you have the necessary information to complete the application successfully.
Stay informed and updated
Keep track of any announcements, updates, or changes related to the Affordable Connectivity Program. So, follow their official site regularly, subscribe to their newsletters to stay informed about any new opportunities or updates to the program.
Demonstrate genuine need
When submitting the application, make sure to convey your genuine need for a Torch free tablet. Explain to them how it will significantly impact your ability to access education, job opportunities, or other important aspects of your life.
Follow up on your application
After submitting your Torch Wireless free tablet application, if there is an option to follow up or inquire about the status of your application, take advantage of it. Contact Torch Wireless and inquire about the progress of your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to receive Torch Wireless SIM card or device?
It typically takes 5 – 7 business days to receive your SIM card or device.
Is there any cost associated with the torch wireless free tablet?
Yes. You have to copay $11.00 to get a torch Wireless tablet. That is all.
Can I keep the tablet even if I decide to switch Wireless providers?
In most of the cases, you have to return the tablet if you decide to switch Wireless Provider. But some providers let you keep the tablet permanently.
Can I upgrade the torch wireless free tablet to a more advanced model in the future?
Yes, you can always upgrade the torch wireless free tablet to a more advanced model in the future. But you have to pay an upgrade fee for that.
If I encounter technical problems with Torch wireless free tablet? Where do I contact?
If you encounter technical problems with Torch wireless free tablets, then contact their customer care at :877-998-6724 / 877-99-TORCH.