Your Sky device tablet is locked, and you are worried about how to unlock it? Then don’t worry. There are several ways in which you can easily unlock your sky device tablet without any hassle. Follow the upcoming section in which we discuss everything about how you can unlock your sky device tablet.
Types Of Unlock Issues with Sky Devices
Before unlocking the tablet consider which types of unlocking you need. Your tablet may be locked in two ways. Firstly, Screen lock. Such as PIN, Password, Pattern lock, etc.
Secondly, Carrier lock, which is a big and vital issue for most of the people. So, first we discuss the carrier lock and it unlock process for the Sky device tablet. If your Sky device tablet is locked by a certain carrier then you cannot switch to another carrier or service before unlocking it.
Way To Unlock Your Sky Device When You Switch to Another Carrier
So, if you want to switch to another carrier from your existing carrier, you may unlock your Sky device in the following way:
- Your first task is to check if your device is eligible for unlocking: First check if your Sky tablet is eligible for unlocking. Most of the carriers will happily unlock your device if it is fully paid off and you have been using it on their network for a certain period of time, usually a time frame of 60 days. So, it is wise to contact your carrier to check if your Sky device is eligible for unlocking.
- Now you have to request your carrier for an unlock code: After you are confirmed that your Sky device tablet is eligible for unlocking, you can request your present carrier to send you an unlock code. You can contact them online or by cell phone to get your unlock code. Once you get the code, then your next task is to…
- Enter the unlock code into your device: Now you have received the unlock code and you have to enter it on your Sky device tablet. The rest of the process for unlocking is found in the manufacturer’s documentation.
Once you have successfully unlocked your device, you will be able to use it with a SIM card from any carrier.
Remember: Before carrier unlocking you must keep a backup of all your data. Because carrier unlocking erases all data from your device.
Also be careful to take service from third parties to unlock your Sky device, because in many cases they are not reliable and may damage your device.
Ways To Unlock Your Sky Device If It Is Locked Through PIN, Password, Or Pattern
The other problem involving lock issues on your Sky device is the Screen lock, or Password lock. You may set PIN, Pattern lock, password lock, etc. on your Sky tablet for the security of your personal data, pictures, audio files, video files, etc. Somehow you forget the PIN, or Password and cannot open the tablet. Then you need to unlock the tablet. Here we try to give you the best solutions to unlock your tablet in such a situation without going to a third party or using your hard-earned money.
If You Forget The PIN, Password, or Pattern and Your Sky Device Tablet Is Locked
First Procedure: When you first set up your tablet, you may set up a backup PIN or Password. And if you forget your primary PIN or Password, you may use this backup to unlock your tablet. The process is given here:
- First turn on your tablet.
- Then you need to enter 5\6 wrong pattern.
- After that, tap the “Forgot pattern?” link.
- In this step, you will get the option to enter your backup PIN.
- Enter the backup PIN and see your tablet is unlocked.
Second Procedure: Secondly, you can use your Google account to unlock the tablet. If your Sky device tablet uses Android 4.4 system or less then you can unlock your tablet using this method.
- First, turn on your tablet.
- Now you have to enter 5\6 wrong pattern.
- The “Forgot pattern?” link comes. Tap on it.
- Now, type your email & password and tap on the sign in Option.
- Android will confirm your email and password and redirect you to a security page.
- On that page, you can change or disable your screen lock and unlock your device.
If you are unable to unlock your Sky device tablet using all possible methods, then the only option in your hand is to Factory Reset the tablet. This will erase all your data, but also unlock your tablet.
The Factory Reset Process is briefly described here
To perform a factory reset on your tablet, follow these steps:
- First, turn off your tablet.
- Hold down the power button and the volume down button at the same time.
- When you see the Android logo, release the power button but continue to hold down the volume down button.
- Now, use the volume buttons to navigate to Recovery mode and press the power button to select it.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate to factory reset and press the power button to select it.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate to Yes and press the power button to select it.
- Your phone will now be reset to factory settings.
- After factory settings, all your data will be erased, but your phone will be unlocked.
Steps To Be Taken After a Successful Unlocking
After unlocking your Sky Device Tablet, you need to activate your desired SIM to get service from your desired carrier.
To activate your new SIM card in your unlocked tablet, you can follow these steps:
- Insert the SIM card into your tablet’s SIM card slot.
- Now, turn on your tablet.
- Your tablet should automatically detect the new SIM card and start the activation process.
- If your tablet does not automatically start the activation process, you can go to Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile network > Activate SIM.
- Now, follow the instructions on the screen and complete the activation process.
Once the activation process is complete, you will be able to make and receive calls, send and receive text messages, and use mobile data on your tablet.
Why is Device Unlocking Important?
Device unlocking is important for various reasons. Firstly, you have the freedom to choose any carrier’s service you like. With an unlocked device, you have the full liberty to choose a career with the best plan for you and also you can switch to any carrier you like, any time.
Device unlocking helps in using your cellphone while you are traveling internationally. You can simply purchase a SIM card from a local carrier in the country you are visiting and start using your phone immediately.
You can get a better resale value when you sell an unlocked device. Because unlocked devices are more desirable than locked devices. A person has the facility to switch to any carrier or use any carrier’s service with an unlocked device. It raises the value of an unlocked device.
You can get more customization options on an unlocked device. On an unlocked device, you are not tied to any specific carrier, that means you are not limited to any software and features of a specific carrier. Thus, you are free to customize your unlocked device. You can customize your ROM, icon packs, wallpapers, system fonts, widgets, and so on.
FAQs: Unlock Sky Device Tablet
What is meant by a locked device?
A locked device means a device or cellphone that you can use only with a certain carrier’s SIM card and service. That means, in a locked device you cannot use any SIM card or get any carrier’s service as you like, you are bound to use a certain carrier’s service only. Say, if your cell phone is locked to Verizon, then, you cannot use it with AT&T, if you wish to use it with AT&T, you have to unlock the cell phone first.
What is Meant by an Unlocked Device
An unlocked device is a cellular device that can be used with any SIM card from any carrier. This means that if you have an unlocked phone, you can use any SIM card with it. That means you can take service from any carrier that you prefer. The carrier can be Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or any other carrier.
Why do carriers lock phones?
Carriers lock phones to encourage their customers to stay with their service. When a customer buys a locked phone from a carrier, he/she is typically required to sign a contract for a specified period of time. If the customer breaks the contract early, then they may have to pay a penalty fee or early termination fee. Unlocking a phone allows customers to switch to a different carrier without having to pay a penalty fee.
How do you know if your phone is unlocked?
To see if your phone is unlocked, you can insert a SIM card from a different carrier into your phone. If the phone is unlocked, it should be able to detect the new SIM card and start the activation process. If the phone is locked, it will not be able to detect the new SIM card.
Is it beneficial for you to unlock your phone?
If it is beneficial to unlock your phone totally depends on your individual needs. If you are planning on switching to a different carrier or if you travel frequently, then it is beneficial for you to unlock your phone or device. However, if you are happy with your current carrier and want to stay with the carrier, or if you do not travel frequently, then you don’t need to unlock your phone.