In our country, it is true that a lot of people are more advanced than others because they are capable of using the internet, and that changed their life. On the other hand, a lot of low-income people cannot keep pace with them for want of a device and internet facility. So our government takes some initiatives like the Affordable Connectivity program or Lifeline program to bridge this digital divide. You can get a free tablet under the Affordable Connectivity Program if you can meet the eligibility criteria. This tablet can do a lot in your life. You can change your life by using this tablet to its full potential. Via Wireless LLC comes forward and takes part in this ongoing movement for free internet and contributes by providing free tablet to all who are eligible and approved by the program.
How Do I Get the Via Wireless LLC Free Tablet
The whole process; from submitting applications to receiving the tablet in hand, can be mentioned in some steps. Here I mentioned these steps in short:
- First, be sure you are eligible for the program. Go to the Affordable Connectivity Program’s official website: (fcc.gov/acp) and read the eligibility criteria. See if you are eligible.
- Before applying, collect documents in support of your eligibility. Make photocopies, or digital copies of the documents according to your application process.
- Submit your application with the necessary documents. Be prepared to submit any other documents if the program administrators asked for them. You can apply directly online, via mail, or via a provider (Through their website or in person).
- If your application is approved, then choose a provider. You may choose Via Wireless LLC as your provider. Apply to this provider for a free tablet and all other ACP benefits. If your application is approved, you get all the benefits from the provider.
- If your application is rejected, then you can apply for the program the next time when the application window opens.
Requirements for Via Wireless LLC ACP Program
Eligibility Requirements for Via Wireless LLC Free Tablet
To make the Internet affordable and available, the government has taken the initiative, of the Affordable Connectivity Program. If you want to participate in the program, you should be eligible for it. Your eligibility is determined by two types of criteria. These are Income-based eligibility Criteria and program participation-based eligibility criteria.
- Income-Based Eligibility: Income-based eligibility is determined by your annual income. If your or your household’s annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guideline, then you or your household is considered as eligible for the Affordable Connectivity program. Your eligibility is not only determined by your income-based criteria, you can also be eligible by participating in certain government assistance programs. So, if you are not eligible by income-based criteria, then you can try for Participation based criteria.
- Program Participation-Based Eligibility: Program participation-based eligibility depends on your participation in certain government assistance programs. If you take part or get benefits from any of the following certain government programs, then you will be considered eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program. The government assistance programs are as follows:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA).
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program
- Select Tribal programs.
- Receiving a Federal Pell Grant Award in the current award year by your child makes your household eligible for the program.
Apart from the above criteria, you have to have fulfilled other criteria also. Say, you must be 18 years or over. If you are under 18, then you must be an emancipated minor. And you must be a citizen of the United States of America.
Necessary Documents for Via Wireless LLC Free Tablet ACP Program
As the Affordable Connectivity program is an attractive and lucrative offer, all people, nevertheless eligible or not, will apply for the program. To find genuinely eligible people, the government takes steps to verify certain documents for each applicant. These documents are mainly the applicant’s proof of income, age, address, identity, Program participation, etc.
To support your eligibility, submit the following documents:
- Verifying Your Age/Emancipation Status: Submit a document that contains your full name and date of birth. This document will be used to verify your age. If you are under 18, then you must be an emancipated minor. In that case, you have to submit a court-approved document that shows your emancipation status.
- Documents: A valid ID, passport, Birth certificate, or emancipation certificate.
- Address Verification: Submit a document that contains your full name and valid address. This document will be used for the verification of your address.
- Documents: A valid ID, driver’s license, utility bill, or a recent mortgage or lease statement, W-2, or tax return.
- Income Proof: Submit a document that shows your income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guideline. This document will be used to verify your income status.
- Documents: A prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return, current income statement from your employer, paycheck stub, Social Security statement of benefits, or unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits.
- Program Participation Proof: Submit a document that shows you have taken part or got benefits from a certain government assistance program. This document should contain your full name, the program’s name, the document issuing institution’s name, and a valid date.
- Documents: Approval letters, benefit award letters, benefit verification letters, or benefit statements.
Always be prepared to submit additional documents such as documents to support that you are alive, or documents that show your social security number.
Your submitted documents are unreturnable. So, never submit original documents. Submit photocopies or digital copies according to your application process.
Ways to Apply for Via Wireless LLC Free Tablet
The people that apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program are of various ages, financial conditions, educational backgrounds, etc. All of them may not be able to apply online. Some of them may be capable of applying via mail. Some of them may be incapable of applying themselves, because of old age or lack of technological knowledge. These people may apply via the help of customer care. Considering the condition of all these people, the government keeps multiple application processes to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
In this section, you may get a clear idea about how to apply online, via mail, or via a provider for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Via Online: If you want to apply online for the ACP Program, you may apply via USAC’s website. You can get all ACP-related information on this site. You also get an online application process to directly apply online for the ACP. To know about online applications, you may visit: “affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply“.
- Via mail: Considering those who are capable and comfortable with applying via mail, the government keeps the option to apply via mail for the ACP. For this, you can print out an application form and household worksheet from USAC’s website, or request physical application forms by calling the USAC helpline or visiting the nearest community center or public library. Now, fill up the application form and the household worksheet, attach the necessary documents copies, and send them to the following address: ACP Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
- Via A Provider:
- You can apply through Via Wireless LLC. For this go to their website and apply from there.
- Go to the following link: “viawireless-web.telgoo5.com/ACP“
- Input your ZIP code and email address.
- Click on the Continue button.
- If Via Wireless LLC offers service in your location, then you will be redirected to your location’s online application form.
- Complete the form and the household worksheet and upload digital copies of your eligibility documents.
- Now, choose a suitable service plan for you.
- Submit your application.
- Wait for a response. The company will send you an email to inform you whether your application is approved or rejected.
- If your application is rejected, you can reapply following the above-mentioned process.
- If you are approved by the program, then contact Via Wireless LLC and apply for your free tablet, with all other ACP benefits.
How Long Does the Verification Process Typically Take for Via Wireless LLC Free Tablet
Normally the application for Via Wireless LLC is verified instantly if all the documents are ok. But if the documents need to be verified manually or additional documents are needed, then it takes several days to verify and approve the application.
Feature Of Via Wireless LLC Free Tablet
Maxwest Nitro 8 Tablet
You may get a nice tablet Maxwest Nitro 8 from via wireless as a free tablet under the Affordable Connectivity program. You can perform all your tasks efficiently and comfortably using this tablet. Here are its awesome features in short:
- Maxwest Nitro 8 device comes with a IPS display of 8.0 inch.
- It runs on Android 11 operating system and is powered by a powerful Quad Core 2.0 GHz Processor.
- The storage is 32 GB which is expandable up to 128 GB by using a micro SD card.
- The RAM is 3 GB. The processor and the RAM is combinedly enough to do all types of work efficiently and with ease.
- The front facing or selfie camera is 2 MP and the rear facing camera is 5 MP.
- The device is backed up by a powerful battery of 4000 mAh.
- Other features: Wifi Connectivity: Yes, Bluetooth connectivity: Yes, and so on.
The Process to Activate Via Wireless LLC Free Tablet After Getting through the ACP
You have to activate your tablet before using it. You have received a SIM card with your free tablet via Wireless LLC. After getting the free tablet and the SIM card, it is very important for you to activate the SIM. By activating the SIM, you can use the tablet to make calls, send text messages, and use your data. Knowing how to activate the SIM is a must for you.
With your free tablet, you will receive a SIM card also. With the SIM card, you get an activation code. This code may be required when you activate the SIM card.
You can activate your SIM in the following way:
The SIM activation process is simple. You just need to insert the SIM into your tablet’s SIM slot. Turn off the tablet. Wait a few seconds. Now turn the tables on. In this simple process normally your tablet will detect the SIM and the activation process starts automatically. If not, then you need to enter the SIM activation code to your tablet and then the process starts.
The total SIM Activation process is given here in short:
- First turn the tablet on.
- Select the language and region.
- If prompted, enter the Wi-Fi network password.
- Tap ‘set up manually.’
- Tap ‘SIM card’.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your SIM card information. This may include your SIM card number, PIN, PUK, carrier name, APN, etc.
- If prompted, create a passcode for your tablet.
- Tap ’Next’.
- The tablet will activate the SIM card. This may take a few minutes. Once your SIM card is activated, you will be able to use cellular data on your tablet. You can make phone calls, send SMS and also use your data.
It is expected that you yourself activate the SIM. Because the process is easy and anyone can do it. But if you encounter any problem with the activation of the SIM and need proper assistance to activate it, then you may follow these alternative methods.
Here is given some alternative ways to activate a SIM:
- SIM Activation by Customer Care: You can activate the SIM with the help of customer care of Via Wireless LLC. You can make a phone call to their customer care and tell them that you want to activate your SIM. They may ask you a few questions and the activation code. Provide them with the code. And they will activate your SIM.
- In-person: If you prefer, you may visit Via Wireless LLC in person and provide them with the necessary information and the activation code. They will activate the SIM for you.
Activate your Tablet by using your Google Account
For this, you need a Wi-Fi connection. The process is described below:
- Power on the Tablet: Power on the tablet by pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds. Your tablet is now powered on.
- Language and Region Setup: From the welcome screen select your language and region. This will help you to set up your tablet’s interface easily.
- Connect to Wi-Fi: You need a Wi-Fi connection to start the activation process. Select the Wi-Fi network, enter the password, and tap ‘connect’. Within a few seconds, the tablet will be connected to the Wi-Fi network. Now your tablet is able to access online features.
- Google Account: Now sign in to your Google account. If you don’t have one, then please create one. Because without a Google account, you cannot use Google features and services. You cannot use the Google play store for downloading and purchasing any apps.
- Agree to Terms and Conditions: Now the option “Terms and Conditions” comes. You must accept these terms and conditions of Google to get their service. So, accept them and proceed.
- System Updates: Your tablet’s software needs to be updated regularly to ensure the security of your valuable data, personal information, etc. So, you need to regularly update your tablet’s software. These updates include important bug fixes, security patches, and many new features. So, keep your tablet’s software always updated.
- Set Up Screen Lock: To keep your personal data, information, documents, photos, etc. secure, you have to ensure that unless you give access to someone to access your tablet, no one can unauthorized access it. To ensure only authorized access and secure your personal information you can set up screen lock methods like PIN, Pattern, or fingerprint lock.
- Explore and Install Apps: You can now explore preinstalled apps on your tablet and download and install new apps, games, etc., as you prefer.
- Customize Settings: Use the settings menu and set display settings, sound settings, notifications, etc. as you prefer.
Now your Via Wireless LLC tablet is activated. You may now use it to explore the new world and opportunities that are opened in front of you.
Other Benefits of the Via Wireless LLC Free Tablet
You will get the following benefits with the free tablet from Via Wireless LLC.
- A free plan of $30 per month.
- Unlimited talk time and text messaging.
- 10GB of high-speed data.
- No restrictive monthly contracts.
- Coverage with nationwide service.
How Can I Maximize My Chances to Get My Via Wireless LLC Free Tablet
You can take the following measures to maximize the chances of getting a free tablet from Via Wireless LLC:
- Be capable of providing additional documents: When you apply, you submit some documents. But in some cases, your provided documents may not be enough. Then you have to submit additional documents. So, always be prepared to submit any documents asked by the administrators. This increases your chances of getting a free tablet.
- Stay Updated: Keep an eye on announcements, news, and official websites related to the affordable connectivity program. Sometimes, there might be limited-time application windows, and staying informed will help you apply promptly.
- Complete the Application Thoroughly: When the application window opens, fill up the application fully and accurately. Double-check all information before submitting.
- Explain Your Need: Explain why you need the tablet and how you will be benefited from it. A clear and concise explanation can be helpful to acquire a free tablet from Via Wireless LLC.
- Demonstrate your Commitment: The administrators might want to know your commitment to using the tablet. You may also have a plan. So, explain your plan for using the tablet to its fullest potential.
- Write a Convincing Statement: If possible write a cover letter explaining your circumstances, aspirations, and how the free tablets make a positive impact on your life.
- Seek Assistance: If you face any difficulties, don’t hesitate to seek assistance from customer care. They can guide you to go through the application process smoothly.
- Follow Up: After submitting your application, keep track of it and follow up if you do not get a response within the expected timeframe.
- Demonstrate Impact: Explain how this free tablet has an impact on not only your life, but also on your family, community, or any specific project you are involved in.
- Creativity and Innovation: If applicable, describe innovative ways you plan to use the tablet. This could include starting an online community project, creating educational content, or using the tablet for creative endeavors like graphic design or programming.
- Recommendation Letters: You can submit recommendation letters from teachers, mentors, employers, or community leaders who can certify or appreciate your character, dedication, and need for a tablet.
- Accessibility Needs: If you have specific accessibility needs due to disabilities then clearly outline how the tablet would assist you in overcoming this situation and improving your quality of life.
- Be Patient: The selection and distribution process might take some time. So, be patient, trust the process, and wait for a response.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does It Take to Get Via Wireless LLC Free Tablet?
If the tablets are locally available and your application is approved, then you will get the tablet in hand within 5 – 7 business days.
Can I track my Via Wireless LLC Free Tablet application status online?
Yes, you can track your Via Wireless LLC free tablet application status online. For this, you need to go to Via Wireless’s official website and log in to your account. From there you can check the application status. You need your enrollment ID and Zip Code.
Can I use the Via Wireless LLC free tablet with any carrier?
No. You cannot use the Via Wireless LLC free tablet with any carrier. You have to use it only on T- mobile network. Because Via Wireless is an MVNO that gives service to their clients under T- mobile.
What if I have a problem with my Via Wireless LLC tablet?
The common problems with a tablet are mainly data connection, text messages, domestic and international call related. Most of cases these problems can be fixed by turning the phone off and then on again. If this does not work, then you can try removing the SIM and reinserting it again. The above two processes can solve most of the common types of problems. But if you continue to experience the issues, then you may take support from customer care. Call customer support at 877-346-1501.
What happens if I cancel my Via Wireless LLC Free tablet plan?
If you cancel your Via Wireless LLC free tablet plan, then the services with the plan will be discontinued. The company may tell you to return the tablet or deactivate it.