How can I get Volt Mobile Free Tablet? It is essential for today’s citizens of our country to be connected to the outer world to keep pace with the gradually advancing and upgrowing technology and the world. But this can only be possible when all people of our country are connected to the internet service. Our government is trying its heart and soul to bring all people to internet connectivity. To achieve this goal, the government takes initiatives like the Affordable Connectivity Program to provide affordable internet to a major part of society, the low-income people.
In this vital mission, a mentionable number of providers come forward to cooperate with the government. Volt Mobile is such a provider. Volt Mobile provides an almost free tablet with other ACP benefits. So, if you are a low-income person and can fulfill the criteria of the Affordable Connectivity Program, then you can apply via Volt Mobile for a free tablet with other benefits.
Let’s know the details of how you can get a free tablet from Volt Mobile.
How to Get a Free Tablet from Volt Mobile Through the Affordable Connectivity Program
You can get a free tablet from Volt Mobile through the following steps.
- Check your eligibility for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Collect necessary documents in support of your eligibility.
- Then visit Volt Mobile’s website.
- On the website, tap ‘Apply Now’ to navigate to the application page.
- Fill out the Application Form and the Household Worksheet completely.
- Submit the application along with other necessary documents.
- Now, be patient and wait for approval.
- If approved, then you will get a free Volt tablet with other ACP benefits from Volt Mobile.
Who Is Eligible for The Volt Mobile Free Tablet
Any American citizen who is 18 years of age or above and fulfills the eligibility criteria for the Affordable Connectivity Program is considered to be eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program. We can categorize the eligibility criteria for the Affordable Connectivity Program into two types. These are Income based criteria and Program Participation based criteria. In the upcoming section, I discuss these two types of eligibility criteria.
- Income Based Eligibility: The Federal Communications Commission sets a limit of income for households to be eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program. According to their rules, if your or your household’s annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, then you or the household is considered to be eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Program Participation-based Eligibility: For Program Participation eligibility, you or any member of your household should take part or get benefits from certain government assistance programs. So, you or anyone in your household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program, if you or the person of the household participates or takes benefits from the following government assistance programs:
- Supplemental Security Income
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (including Section 8, Project-Based Rental Assistance, Public Housing, and more)
- Veterans or Survivors Pension Benefit
- Receiving a federal Pell Grant in the current award year
- Free and reduced-price school Lunch or Breakfast Programs including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision schools
- Tribal Specific Programs: Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Head Start (with income qualifying standard)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
To be eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program, you should be eligible for either income-based or Program Participation. If you are eligible, do not hesitate to apply for the program.
Necessary Documents for The ACP Program to Get Volt Mobile Free Tablet
If you are eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program, you also need to submit proof of your eligibility to be approved by the Program administrators. You have to submit proof documents. The proof documents may include your income status, your age or emancipation status, program participation proof, your identity, and your address.
- Documents to verify identity: The FCC must verify your identity to ensure that you are the genuine person to get the ACP benefits. Identity verification can prevent false applications and fraudulent activities.
- Documents: A Driver’s license, Passport, or Birth Certificate.
- Documents to verify Age/Emancipation Status: To apply for the ACP and receive all ACP benefits, the applicant must be 18 years old or above. If he/she is under 18, then he/she must be an emancipated minor to apply and receive the benefits. So, for the verification of your age, you must submit a document that mentions your full name and date of birth. If you are an emancipated minor, then you must submit court documents to prove your emancipation status.
- Documents: A valid ID, Passport, Birth Certificate, or Emancipation Certificate.
- Documents to verify Address: You must submit a document that contains your name and physical address. Your address verification is important because the FCC wants to ensure that the ACP benefits reach the correct person.
- Documents: A valid ID, Driver’s license, Utility Bill, or a Recent Mortgage or Lease Statement, W-2, or Tax Return.
- Documents to prove your Income: You have to submit a document to prove that your income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. This is a basic criterion for the program and proves your income-based eligibility.
- Documents: A prior year’s State, Federal, or Tribal tax return, Current income statement from your employer, Paycheck stub, Social Security statement of benefits, or Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits.
- Documents to prove your participation in certain government assistance programs: You must submit a document that shows you participate in or take benefit from certain government Assistance programs. The document must contain your full name, the program’s name in which you have participated, the document issuing institution’s name, and a valid date.
- Documents: Approval letters, Benefit award letters, Benefit verification letters, or Benefit statements.
You also need to prove your social security number and that you are a living person. You have to submit proof for the above two criteria also. Keep in mind that you should not submit your original documents, submit photocopies instead. Because your submitted documents are unreturnable.
Ways to Apply for The Volt Mobile Free Tablet Through the ACP Program
You can apply online, via mail, or via a provider to get benefits from the Affordable Connectivity Program. You can apply in any of the above processes in which you feel comfortable, which is easy and suitable for you, and which process is most convenient to you. In the upcoming section, I will discuss these three ways of application.
Apply Through Online
You can apply online from the ACP website. For this:
- Go to the ACP website: “getinternet.gov/apply“.
- Now, click on the “Apply ” button.
- Sign in to your account. If you don’t have an account, then create one.
- Now fill up the application form and the household worksheet completely.
- Upload the eligibility documents.
- Now, submit your application.
- If all your submitted documents are all right and don’t need to be verified further, then you can hope that your application will be approved immediately after submission. But if your documents need to be verified further or additional documents are needed then it takes several days to be approved. Whether your application is approved or denied, the FCC sends you a confirmation email.
- If your application is approved, then apply to the Volt Mobile to get your ACP benefits. If they approve your application, then you will get a nice Volt tablet at a high discount (Discount is up to $100). And you have to pay only $ 11 for this nice tablet. You will also receive other ACP benefits from Volt Mobile.
Apply through mail
You can also apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program via mail. The process is given here:
- First you have to download the application form and the household worksheet from the ACP website: “getinternet.gov/apply“. Now, take a printout of the application form and the household worksheet.
- Now, completely fill up the application form and the household worksheet.
- Prepare necessary documents’ photocopies.
- Now, send the application form and the household worksheet, along with other documents to the following address: ACP Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
- You will be notified by email whether your application is approved or rejected. Sometimes it takes up to 60 days to be approved via mail. So, be patient and wait for approval.
- Once your application via mail is approved, you get a coupon that you can redeem for a tablet from your preferred provider (Here Volt Mobile).
Apply Through Volt Mobile Website
You can apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program via a provider like Volt Mobile. You can visit their official website and there you will find the option” Apply Now”. Click on that option and you will be directed to the application page. Here you have to enter your Zip Code and email address and tap ‘continue’. Then follow the instructions to apply for the program.
How to Check My Volt Mobile Free Tablet Application Status
You can check the status of the Volt mobile free tablet application through the following steps:
- Visit the Volt Mobile website and log into your account, if you don’t have an account then create one.
- Click on the “My Account” tab.
- Under the “Plans & Services” section, you will see the “Free Tablet” link. Click on the link.
- Now, your application status will be displayed on the screen.
If your application is approved, you will see the following information on the application status page:
- The tablet you selected.
- The estimated shipping date.
- The activation instructions to activate the tablet.
If your application is denied, you will see the following information on the application status page:
- The reason for the denial of your application.
- The steps you can take to appeal the decision.
You can also check your Volt Mobile free tablet application status by contacting Volt Mobile customer service at +1(888)-200-8923.
The Tablet You Will Have Received from Volt Mobile
You will get a 10-inch, 4G LTE network-supported smart Volt tablet free from Volt Mobile under the Affordable Connectivity Program.
Steps to Activate Volt Mobile Free Tablet & SIM
You can activate your Volt Mobile Free tablet’s SIM in a very simple way. The activation process is given here in short:
Activate Your Volt Free tablet using the SIM:
Normally the SIM activation process starts very easily. You just need to turn off your tablet, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it on. You will see that your tablet’s SIM activation process starts. But there is an exception. Your SIM activation process may not start automatically in some cases. In that case, you may need to enter the SIM activation code that you have received with the SIM.
Here in short I mention the total SIM activation process:
- First turn on your Volt tablet.
- Now choose your preferred language and your region.
- You need an internet connection. If you have a Wi-Fi network in your location, then select it.
- Enter the Wi-Fi network’s password. You will be connected to the network within a few seconds.
- Now, tap ‘Set up manually.’
- Then tap ‘SIM Card’.
- Now enter your SIM card details, such as SIM card number, PIN, and PUK, carrier name, APN, etc.
- After entering details of your SIM, set a passcode for your tablet.
- Then tap ’Next’.
- Wait a few minutes, and your SIM will be activated in the meantime. After activation, you can use your Volt tablet for making phone calls, sending SMS, and using cellular data.
If you are unable to activate the SIM by yourself for any reason, then you can get help from the customer care of Volt Mobile.
You can activate your SIM in these alternative ways:
- SIM Activation by Customer Care: You can make a phone call to the customer care of Volt Mobile and request them to activate your SIM. Explain to them why you cannot activate the SIM yourself. They will probably ask you some questions to verify your identity and also ask for your SIM activation code. They will be happy to activate your SIM for you.
- In-person: You may visit the ‘Volt Mobile office in person. You may provide them with the required information and the SIM activation code. They will activate the SIM for you.
Other Benefits You Will Get with The Free Tablet from Volt Mobile
- You will get the following benefits:
- 5 GB of High Speed Data.
- Unlimited Talk.
- Unlimited Text and Picture Messaging.
- Wi-Fi Calling Enabled.
- Other features you receive:
- Caller ID, Call Waiting, 3-way Calling, Voice mail
- 611 Tech support
- Free Shipping
There Are Some Limitations for Volt Mobile Free Tablet
- One device and one monthly service are given per household or individual.
- The client must use the service at least once every month, or his/ her service will be dismissed.
- The device and the service are non-transferable. That means the client cannot transfer or share his/ her ACP benefits to any other person, though the person is also eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Every year the client must recertify for his/her benefits.
- If the ACP client is no longer eligible for the program, then he/she must notify to the authority within a month.
Unfortunately, My Volt Mobile Free Tablet ACP Application Has Been Rejected. What Should I Do Now
Your application for the Free tablet under the Affordable Connectivity program via Volt Mobile can be rejected for many reasons. At first, try to know the reasons for the rejection of your application and fix them the next time you apply for the program.
Some common reasons are that you may provide incomplete or wrong information when you apply, or you may not submit all necessary documents when you apply. So, the next time provide correct, complete information and remember to collect all necessary documents and submit them all.
The second reason may be that your household may submit more than one application at a time. This is totally unacceptable by the FCC. So, ensure that the household does not submit more than one application at a time.
The third reason may be that you apply for the program after the deadline. So, write down the deadline in a notebook or try to memorize it.
The next reason can be the overlapping of benefits. That means you or your household takes the same benefits as the ACP from another government program. So, take benefits from the Affordable Connectivity Program only to avoid overlapping benefits.
The last reason may be that your location is not covered by the Volt Mobile ACP program. So, check out if your location is under the coverage area of the Volt Mobile.
You can follow the above solutions to fix the rejection of your application for the Affordable Connectivity Program and then reapply for the program. I hope that works.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Get a Free SIM Card from Volt Mobile Inc?
Yes, you can get a free SIM card from Volt Mobile Inc. For this, you must be approved by the FCC for The Affordable Connectivity Program.
Can I Keep My Own Number with Volt Mobile Free Tablet?
Yes, you can keep your own number with Volt mobile free tablet.
How long does it take to get Volt Mobile Free Tablet delivery after application approval?
After the approval for the ACP benefits, it takes up to 10 days to get a free Volt Tablet from Volt Mobile. Actually, the time depends on the availability of the Volt tablets and the processing time of the application.
Are there any hidden costs with Volt Mobile Free Tablet?
No. There are no hidden costs associated with the Volt Mobile free tablet. The copay of $11 for the tablet was announced previously.
How long is the Volt Mobile free tablet ACP Offer available?
The existence of the Affordable Connectivity Program is subject to funding availability from the FCC. So, when the FCC announces the end of the Affordable Connectivity Program, Volt Mobile also will discontinue its service.
What happens if I cancel my Volt Mobile free tablet service?
If you cancel your Volt mobile free tablet service, then you will lose the benefits you get as an ACP consumer. You will lose free talk, text, and data service. And you also have to return the tablet to its provider (Here Volt Mobile). To cancel your service, you may contact them at +1(888)-200-8923.
You can also cancel their service online by following these steps:
- Go to the Volt Mobile website and log into your account.
- Click on the “My Account” tab.
- Under the “Plans & Services” section, click on the “Cancel Service” link.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to cancel your service.
Please note that you must cancel your service at least 30 days before the end of your billing cycle in order to avoid being charged for an additional month of service.
How can I get help for the Volt Mobile free tablet ACP Offer?
You can get help for the Volt Mobile ACP by contacting their customer care.
- You can call at: +1 (888)-200-8923. (Mon-Sat) From:(9:00 am -9:00 pm) EST
- You can send email: [email protected].