You can get a Vortex Tablet for almost free under the recent government initiative, the Affordable Connectivity Program. If you are a low income person or take part in certain Government programs, like SNAP, Medicaid, etc. then you are eligible for the program. So, be the first to take the opportunity.
In this article, I discuss everything about how you can get a free tablet (It can be Vortex also) from the Affordable Connectivity Program. So, be with me and explore the steps to be a proud owner of a tablet.
Steps To Get Vortex Free Tablet From Government
You can get a free Vortex tablet from the government if you apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program and are approved by the program. From the preparation for the application to getting the tablet in hand, you have to go through some steps. Here I mention the steps in short.
- First you have to check your eligibility for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- If you are eligible, then prepare the documents to prove your eligibility.
- Now select your preferred provider and visit their website.
- On their website, navigate to the application page.
- Now fill out the application form and the household worksheet.
- Submit the application along with eligibility proof documents.
- Now, you have to wait for approval of your application.
- If your application is approved , then wait for the desired tablet and other ACP benefits.
- Get the tablet in hand and use and enjoy all of its features.
Providers That Offer Government Vortex Tablet For Free
1. Rogue Mobile
Rogue Mobile is an authorized provider of the Affordable Connectivity Program. A person who is a recipient of Medicaid, SNAP, National School Lunch Program, WIC, Section 8, Pell Grant, or some other government benefits is eligible for The ACP Program. A person may also be eligible by income. If a person is approved by the ACP program, he/she may get ACP benefits from Rogue Mobile. If you are approved by the ACP, then you may enjoy 10 GB of high speed data monthly for absolutely free from Rogue Mobile. You can get a tablet(It can be Vortex) for only a copay of $10.99. To get all these benefits you can contact Rogue Mobile.
2. StandUp Wireless
StandUp Wireless is an MVNO that provides its clients with the benefits of the Affordable Connectivity Program under the government. An Affordable Connectivity Qualifying person can get unlimited talk, text, and high speed data from StandUp Wireless. They provide additional low speed data to help their clients to stay connected to their family, friends, emergency services, jobs, entertainment and more. They also offer a highly discounted tablet (Discount Up To $100) for a one time copay of $10.01. The tablet can be a high quality Vortex Tablet. If you want to get all these facilities , you can contact StandUp Wireless.
Here is given a list of some other MVNOs that may provide you with a vortex tablet. It is not ensured that these providers surely give Vortex tablets as the MVNOs do not like to reveal the tablet brand and model before distribution. If available, you may get a Vortex tablet from them.
- AirTalk Wireless
- Q Link Wireless
- Cintex Wireless
- Access Wireless
- Torch Wireless
- NewPhone Wireless
- Easy Wireless
- Whoop Connect
- Maxsip Telecom
- LE Wireless
- Unity Wireless
Qualification For Getting Vortex Free Government Tablet Through ACP Program
- A person or household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program if the person’s or the household’s annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- If a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income internet program.
- A person is eligible if he/she participates in one of the following government assistance programs:
- The National School Lunch Program or the School Breakfast Program, through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP.)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, infants and Children (WIC).
- Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits.
- A person is also eligible if he/she participates in one of these assistance programs and lives on Qualifying Tribal lands:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance.
- Temporary Assistance For Needy Families (TANF).
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations. (FDPIR)
- Tribal Head Start (income based).
- If You Already Receive Lifeline Benefits, you will also be qualified.
Documents That Are Required To Apply For A Vortex Government Tablet
You need to submit any of the following documents as proof of your eligibility for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- The following legitimate official documents confirm your identity.
- Valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID.
- Birth Certificate.
- U.S. Driver’s license.
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship.
- Permanent Resident Card or Green Card.
- Any of these official documents can be used as your proof of age or emancipation status:
- A valid ID.
- Birth certificate.
- Emancipation certificate.
- Any of the following official documents verifies your address:
- Driver’s license or another valid government, state, or Tribal ID.
- Utility bill.
- Mortgage or lease statement.
- Most recent W-2 or tax return.
- You can submit any of the following official documents that demonstrates your low household income:
- Previous year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return.
- Current income statement from your employer or paycheck stub.
- Social Security statement of benefits.
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits.
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits.
- Divorce decree, child support award, or an equivalent official document displaying your income.
- Retirement/pension statement of benefits.
- You can submit any of these official documents confirming your enrollment in a government assistance program, like:
- Benefit award letter.
- Approval letter.
- Statement of benefits.
- Benefit verification letter.
You may also be required to provide documents to prove your Social Security Number and you also have to submit documents to prove that you are alive.
Process of Application For Vortex Free Government Tablet Through ACP
You can apply online, via mail, or via a provider for a Vortex government tablet under the Affordable Connectivity Program.
You can apply online for the Affordable Connectivity Program in the following process:
- Go to the official website of the Affordable Connectivity Program: “getinternet.gov/apply?ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D“
- Click on the “Apply ” button.
- Now, you need to sign in to your account. If you don’t have an account, please create one.
- Follow the on screen instructions to complete the application process.
- Now, upload your all eligibility documents.
- Now, submit the application.
- The USAC( Universal Service Administrative Company) will notify you by email confirmation if your application is approved or rejected.
- If your application is approved, you will get a tablet from your preferred provider for only a copay of $10.01.
- If your application is rejected, then you can reapply for the program.
Apply Via Mail
If you cannot afford to apply online or if you prefer to apply via mail, then you may apply via mail also. The procedure is as follows:
- Go to: “getinternet.gov/apply?ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D” and download the application form and the household worksheet from there. Now, take print out of these documents.
- Complete the application form and the household worksheet properly and accurately.
- Now, Prepare all the documents that you want to show as proof of your eligibility.
- Send the application form and the household worksheet , along with all other eligibility proof documents to the following address: ACP Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
- The USAC will review your application and notify you of their decision about your application by sending email confirmation.
- If your application is approved , you get a coupon from your preferred provider that you can redeem for a tablet.
Via A Provider
You can apply for a free Vortex government tablet under the Affordable Connectivity Program via your preferred provider. You can choose any provider that is nearer to your location and that you prefer.
- First , you have to select your provider and go to their official website.
- On their webpage navigate to the apply section and enter your Zip Code and email address and start the application process.
- Then follow the onscreen instructions and complete the application process.
How to Check Vortex Government Tablet Application Status
To check the status of your Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) application, follow these steps:
- First go to the ACP website at: “affordableconnectivity.gov“.
- Now click on the “Manage My Benefit” button.
- Now , log in to your account, or create an account if you do not have one.
- After log in to your account, you will see the status of your ACP application there.
If you get the message that says, “ Your application is being processed” or “We are reviewing your application” , that means your application is not approved yet or it is still pending. But if you get this message “ Your application has been approved” or “You are eligible for the ACP”, then be sure your application is approved by the program.
You can also check the status of your Affordable Connectivity Program application by calling the ACP Support Center at: 1-877-384-2575. You can also email them at: “affordableconnectivity.gov/help“.
List Of Vortex Tablets That You Can Get From The Government Program
Vortex tablets that are currently offered through the government programs:
- Vortex Tab 8
- Vortex Tab 10
- Vortex T10M
- VortexT10M Pro
- Vortex ZTAB10
Activation Process Of the Vortex Free Government Tablet
You can activate your Vortex free government tablet in two different ways. You can activate it by using a SIM card or you can activate it by using your Google Account. Both processes are described in the following section.
Activation By Using a SIM Card
You can use a SIM card from any carrier or MVNOs, if your Vortex Tablet supports it and if the tablet is carrier unlocked.
The SIM activation process is easy. You need to just turn off your Vortex government tablet, wait for a few seconds, then turn it on. You may see that the SIM activation process starts automatically. If the process doesn’t start automatically, then you have to enter the SIM activation code. The code is given with the SIM card. After you have entered the activation code, the SIM activation process starts.
In the following section, I will briefly mention the SIM activation process.
- First, you need to turn your tablet on.
- The welcome screen comes. You have to choose your language and region from there.
- You need an internet connection. If you have a Wi-Fi network on your location then it will be fine. Just select your network and enter the Wi-fi password for the network.
- After connecting to the network, you need to tap “Set Up Manually”.
- Tap “SIM Card”.
- Now enter the following information: Your SIM Card Number, PIN, PUK, Carrier name, APN, etc.
- Now, you may create a Password for your tablet.
- Tap “Next”.
- You will see that your phone is activated within a few minutes.
The SIM activation process is not so tough. You can try it for yourself. But if you cannot activate it for any reason, you can take help from the customer care of your carrier or MVNO to activate your SIM.
Activation By Google Account
You can also activate your Vortex government tablet you get from the ACP program by using your Google account. The activation process is easy. Just follow the steps below.
- Unbox the tablet: First , unbox the tablet . Make sure that all accessories such as charging cables and power adapter come with the package.
- Power on the tablet: Power on the tablet by pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds. Now follow the on screen instructions.
- Connect to Wi-Fi: You need an internet connection to activate your tablet. If you have a Wi-fi Connection on your location, then select the network, enter the password and tap ‘Connect’. Within a few seconds your tablet will be connected to the network.
- Set up your Google Account: Now you have to sign up or sign in to your Google account. If you don’t have an account, please create one.
- Complete the setup wizard: Now complete the setup process of your Vortex tablet. This step includes accepting terms and conditions of google, setting up preferred language, and personalizing various settings.
- Install necessary updates: Now it’s time to install necessary updates. These updates include bug fixes, security patches, and also new features. To update the software, go to settings menu and choose the option “Software Update”.
- Download and install Apps: Now, go to Google Play Store to download apps that you need. You can update existing apps also. Customize the tablet as you like and enjoy all of its features.
Alternative Ways Of Getting Vortex Tablet Apart From The Government
There are some alternative ways to get a Vortex Tablet apart from the government and for free:
- You can participate in contests and giveaways arranged by many reputable companies. From there, you can get a free Vortex tablet as a prize.
- Some companies offer trade in deals. You can exchange any old device for a new or refurbished Vortex Tablet.
- You can refer your friends and relatives about any company’s products and services. If the company makes a mentionable profit for this referral, then you may get a free Vortex tablet as a gift from the company.
- You can participate in online surveys of any Tech Company and win a Vortex tablet as a prize.
- You can participate in contests arranged by social media; compete there, and win a Vortex tablet.
- Some companies offer free tablets to those who participate in beta testing for their products. You can participate in such programs and get a Vortex tablet.
Other Benefits You Get With The Vortex Government Tablet Under The ACP
You may enjoy the following benefits with your free Vortex government tablet under the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP):
- You can get the following benefits along with your Vortex government tablet:
- 8GB of Data.
- Unlimited Talk.
- Unlimited Text
- Other features you get with Vortex government tablet:
- Caller ID
- Call Waiting
- 3-Way Calling, and
Causes For The Rejection Of Your Vortex Tablet ACP Application And Their Solutions
- If you provide incomplete and wrong information in your application , then it can be rejected.
- Solution: Check the application to ensure it is complete and information given there is authentic and accurate.
- If you fail to provide eligibility proof documents, then your application can be rejected.
- Solution: Try your best to collect all eligibility documents. Submit them with your application.
- If the Affordable Connectivity Program does not have enough funding, then your application can be rejected for the limitations of resources.
- Solution: There is no overnight solution for that problem. You have to wait till the funding is available again.
- If you take fraudulent ways to get ACP benefits. Then your application can be rejected.
- Solution: Try to be honest in every step of your life. To avoid rejection, provide true and accurate information in your application.
After approval of the application, how long will it take to get the government tablet?
Generally it takes 7 to 10 business days to receive the Vortex tablet after it is shipped. Actually this time depends on the availability of the tablet, ship date and also on the state from where you will receive the tablet.
Can I keep my own number with my Vortex Government Tablet?
Yes, you can keep your own number when switching from one provider to another, if both the providers have a number port facility .You have to contact their customer care to get this service.
Can I Upgrade the Vortex Government tablet?
Yes, you can upgrade your tablet to a newer model. But to get this service, you have to pay a sum of money to the provider as an upgrade fee.
Where Can I purchase Vortex tablets?
If you fail to obtain a free Vortex tablet from the government under the ACP Program, then you may purchase one from Amazon, BestBuy, Walmart, eBay, etc.
How do I Cancel Government Vortex Tablet Service?
The Government service for free tablets will automatically be canceled when you are no longer an Affordable Connectivity Program beneficiary. But if you want to cancel the service when you are still a beneficiary of the program , then contact the program administrator.
Are Vortex tablets from the government really free?
The Vortex tablets that you get from the Government under the Affordable Connectivity Program are not really free. You have to pay an amount more than $10 and less than $50 to get the tablet. The government provides a high discount on the price of the tablet ( Discount is up to $100).