You can get a tablet with free internet from Wireless Now under The Affordable Connectivity program. If your income is low and you are unable to afford a connected device and internet, then I think it will be a golden opportunity for you to try to enroll in the Affordable connectivity Program. In the upcoming article, I thoroughly discuss everything to get a free tablet with free internet from the Affordable Connectivity Program. Come with me, follow the steps I show and get a tablet for almost free.
Steps on How to get a Free Tablet from Wireless Now
You have to go through some steps to get a free tablet from Wireless Now. The steps are as follows:
- To apply for the Wireless Now free tablet under Affordable Connectivity Program, Your first task is to know if you are eligible for the program.
- Only to know that you are eligible is not everything. You have to provide proof of your eligibility. So, if you are eligible then try to collect eligibility documents.
- You can now start the Wireless Now free tablet application process. If you want to apply online, then go to USAC’s website at : “affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply” and navigate to their online application section. If you like to apply via mail, you can take print out of the application and the household worksheet from the same website.
- For online application, fill up the application and the household worksheet online on the application section of USAC’s website. If you plan to apply via mail, then you may fill up the paper copies of the application and the household worksheet.
- To apply online for the Wireless Now free tablet under ACP, you must upload your eligibility documents. If you wish to apply via mail, then you should prepare the documents’ photocopies.
- Now submit your application and the household worksheet with uploaded documents ( For online application). Or, submit paper application and household worksheet with photocopies of eligibility documents ( For application via mail).
- After submitting the application, you have to wait for at least two days for approval of the application.
- If your application is approved, then contact Wireless Now to get your discounted tablet and other benefits.
- You have to wait for at least 7 to 10 business days to get the tablet in hand.
- Now you have your desired tablet in hand. Customize it as you like, and enjoy the awesome benefits.
Eligibility Requirements for the Wireless Now Free Tablet Under ACP
You can be eligible for the Wireless Now Affordable Connectivity program to get a free tablet in two ways. These are income based eligibility and Program participation based eligibility. In the following section I discuss both eligibility requirements in detail.
- Income based Eligibility: If your or your household’s annual earning is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, then you or the household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Program Participation based Eligibility: You or any member of your household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program , if you or the household member participates in or takes benefits from certain government assistance programs. The programs are as follows:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA).
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program
- Receiving a Federal Pell Grant Award in the current award year by your child makes your household eligible for the program.
- Households that are located on qualifying Tribal lands may also qualify based on the participation in one of the following assistance programs:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations(FDPIR).
Proof of Eligibility for Wireless Now ACP To Get Free Tablet
You have to submit proof documents of your eligibility for the Affordable Connectivity Program to get a Wireless Now free tablet. These documents will show your income status, age or emancipation status, program participation status, your identity, address, proof that you are alive and also proof of your social security number.
- Documents to verify identity: Your identity verification is important . Because FCC wants to ensure that you are the person that gets benefits from the ACP. Identity verification prevents fraudulent activities and false applications. For the verification of your identity , please submit any of the following documents: A driver’s license, Passport, or Birth certificate.
- Documents to verify Age/Emancipation Status: You must be 18 years or over to apply for the ACP. If you are under 18 , then you must be an emancipated minor. You must submit any of the following documents: A valid ID, Passport, Birth certificate, or Emancipation certificate.
- Documents to verify Address: Verification of your address is important to ensure that the program benefits reach your address. For the verification of your address, you must submit any of the following documents : A valid ID, Driver’s license, Utility bill, or a Recent mortgage or lease statement, W-2, or Tax return.
- Documents to prove your Income: To prove your income, submit a document that shows your or your household’s annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Such documents are: A prior year’s State, Federal, or Tribal tax return, Current income statement from your employer, Paycheck stub, Social Security statement of benefits, or Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits.
- Documents to prove your participation in certain government programs: Submit a document that mentions your enrollment in certain government assistance programs. The document may contain your full name, the program’s name in which you have participated, the document issuing institution’s name , and a valid date. Such documents are : Approval letters, benefit award letters, benefit verification letters, or benefit statements .
Remember to submit a document to prove that you are alive and also submit a document to prove your social security number. Always prepare to submit additional documents if asked by the authority. Your submitted documents are unreturnable. So, do not submit original documents. Submit documents’ photocopies.
Application Process To Get Wireless Now Free Tablet Under ACP
You can apply for the free tablet under Affordable Connectivity Program online, via mail, or via a Wireless Now. Government keeps these options to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program to ensure that all eligible households can get the opportunity to apply for the program. Here we discuss all the three processes.
Apply Via Online
You can apply online for the Affordable Connectivity Program to get a Wireless Now free tablet in the following process:
- Go to the ACP website at: “getinternet.gov/apply”
- On the front page tap the “Apply” button.
- Now sign in to your account. If you don’t have an account, then sign up to create one.
- Follow the onscreen instructions on the website and complete your application.
- Upload proof of eligibility documents.
- Now submit your application.
- The USAC will verify your application and send you a confirmation email mentioning their decision.
- If your application is approved, you will get a highly discounted tablet (Discount up to $100) for only a copay of $11.00 from your preferred participating provider ( Here Wireless Now).
Apply Via Mail
You can apply for the affordable Connectivity program get a Wireless Now free tablet via mail in the following way:
- Collect the application form and the household worksheet from the following website: “getinternet.gov/apply” and take print out of these documents.
- Now fill up the application form and the household worksheet correctly.
- Prepare all eligibility proof documents that are needed to be provided with the application.
- Send the application form and the household worksheet , along with the eligibility proof documents to the following address: ACP Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773
- The USAC will verify your application and other documents and notify you of their decision by sending a confirmation email.
- If your application is approved, FCC will send you a coupon via mail that can be redeemed for a tablet from Wireless Now.
Apply Via WirelessNow Website
If you like, you can apply via Wireless Now to get a free tablet under the ACP. To do so, go to Wireless Now’s official webpage at: “wirelessnow.com “
- Enter your Zip Code and click on the ‘Get Mine’ button.
- Now enter your personal information and click on the continue button.
- Enter your address and shipping address and click on continue.
- Select the Government program in which you have participated.
- Now check the check boxes according to the requirements.
- Review your information and submit your application.
Process to Check Wireless Now Free Tablet Application Status Under ACP
You can check the application status of your application for Wireless Now from their website or by making a phone call to their customer service. Both processes are mentioned below.
- Go to the Wireless Now website and log in to your account.
- Click on the “My Account” tab.
- Under the “Account Management” section, click on “Check Application Status”.
- Enter your application ID and other information. Then click on “Submit”.
- By Phone:
- Call Wireless Now customer service.
- Talk to a customer service representative.
- Provide him\her with your application ID and other information.
- The customer service representative will be able to check the status of your application and provide you with more information.
- Please note that once your application is processed you will get a confirmation email about it from the authority.
Features of the Wireless Now Free Tablet
The tablet given from Wireless Now is a basic tablet. It is suitable for all kinds of light works. The tablet can serve the demand of the low-income people who need a basic tablet for communication.
Ways To Activate Wireless Now Free Tablet and SIM Card
You must activate the SIM for the free tablet from Wireless Now. You can only use your tablet after activating the SIM.
Activate the Wireless Now Free tablet using the SIM
You can easily start the Wireless Now SIM card activation process. Insert the SIM in the SIM slot. Turn off the tablet, wait for a few seconds, then turn it on. You will see that your Wireless Now SIM activation process starts automatically. But if it does not start then you have to use the SIM activation code that you have received with the SIM card.
Here in short the SIM activation process is mentioned:
- First turn on your Wireless Now free tablet.
- The welcome screen comes and from here choose your preferred language and your region.
- Now you need an internet connection. If you have a Wi-Fi network, then select it.
- Enter the password for the Wi-Fi network.
- Now, tap ‘Set up manually.’
- Tap ‘SIM Card’.
- Now, you have to enter your SIM card details. Such as, your SIM card number, PIN, and PUK, carrier name, APN, etc.
- Now, set a passcode for your tablet.
- Now, tap ’Next’.
- Within a few minutes, your SIM will be activated. After SIM activation, you can make and receive phone calls, send and receive text messages, and use cellular data.
If you cannot activate the Wireless Now SIM yourself , then you may take help from the customer care of Wireless Now to activate your SIM.
Other Benefits You Will Get With Wireless Now Free Tablet Under ACP
You have got the following benefits:
- 10 GB of High Speed Data every month.
- Free shipping of the tablet.
- No monthly bill.
- No contract required.
- No credit Check required.
Some Important Things To Note For Successful Submit You Wireless Now ACP Application To Get A Free Tablet
You should follow these pieces of advice for a successful application.
- Before applying for the program, you must have a clear idea about the eligibility criteria of the program.
- Keep in mind that your provided information must be true, correct and authentic.
- Try your best to provide all necessary documents with the application. If any additional document is needed then provide it also.
- Make sure you do not face any technical problem while applying. Make sure that the internet connection is stable and your device works perfectly.
- Do not submit more than one application at a time from the same household.
- The Affordable Connectivity Program has a last date of application. Apply before this deadline.
- Don’t take the same benefits like the ACP from another government benefit program. ( Lifeline is an exception).
- Do some research to ensure that Wireless Now has their service in your state.
- If unfortunately your application is rejected, then carefully read the rejection notice sent by the authority. This helps you to correct the issue and your next application may be approved.
- If your application is rejected and you think it happened unjustly, then you may appeal the decision of the authority. You can take help from Wireless Now’s customer care about it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take to receive my free tablet from Wireless Now?
It will take 7 to 10 business days to receive your free tablet from Wireless Now.
Are Wireless Now free tablets Completely free?
No. The tablet you get from Wireless Now is not completely free. But you get a huge discount ( Up to $100) on the price of the tablet. You only have to copay $11.00 for the tablet.
What if I don’t qualify for the Wireless Now free tablet ACP Program?
If you don’t qualify for the Wireless Now free tablet then you can try for other options to get a free or discounted tablet.
- You can contact non profit organizations, like PCs For People, The Salvation Army, Computers With Causes, The On IT Foundation etc. to get a free tablet.
- You may take part in contests and giveaways arranged by social media platforms, Tech companies, etc. to get a free tablet.
So, don’t be upset. You have a lot of alternatives to get a free tablet other than the Affordable Connectivity Program.
Can I upgrade my free tablet in future from Wireless Now?
If you are bored of your existing tablet and want a new one with more features and capabilities, you can upgrade your tablet. But for that you have to pay an amount as an upgrade fee.
If I already receive Lifeline benefits will I automatically receive Wireless Now free tablet ACP program Benefits?
No. You don’t receive Wireless Now ACP free tablet benefits automatically, if you already receive lifeline benefits. You have to enroll in the Affordable Connectivity program and get a data plan of the program. Then you may receive the Affordable Connectivity Program benefits.