If you want a no-contract, no monthly bill cell phone service, then TracFone can be a wonderful choice for you. You can simply activate your flip phone under TracFone service and add minutes whenever you like. A variety of plans are available for you and if you run out of minutes, you can easily buy more and add them to your flip phone.
The easiest and simplest process to activate a TracFone flip phone is to activate it online. For this, the first thing that you need is a phone, purchased from TracFone or bring on your own. The second thing that you need is a SIM card. You have to purchase one if you do not have one. The third thing that you need is a Data Plan.
After arranging the mentioned three things, you can go through a quick online phone setup process to set up your phone and activate it.
Follow The Steps To Properly Activate Your TracFone Flip Phone
To activate your flip phone you can use the TracFone website or call TracFone customer service and request them to activate it for you. TracFone encourages its customers to activate their flip phones online. But if you do not have internet access or prefer to activate via phone, then you can do so. To activate via phone, call TracFone customer service at 800-867-7183. During the process, you will be asked to give the serial number or SIM card number of the flip phone you are activating. If you are not porting your number, then you are given a new number for your device.
You can activate your flip phone online in two ways. You can activate a new flip phone purchased from TracFone or you can activate with your own flip phone. These two methods are described below:
Steps For Activate a TracFone Brand New Flip Phone
If you purchase a flip phone from TracFone, then use the following method to activate it.
- At first go to: “tracfone.com” in your web browser from laptop or another device.
- Click on ‘Activate’. It is located on the main menu at the top of the webpage.
- Click on ‘Continue’ under the “I have a TracFone Phone” option.
- Now enter the IMEI/MEID/Serial Number. (You can find the number on the red activation card that came with the device. For more information about these numbers please select the help icon below (The bubble with the question mark).
- Now, click on the “TracFone’s Terms & Conditions” link and carefully read everything. If you fully agree with the rules, then check the box next to “Do you accept TracFone’s Terms & Conditions?” Option.
- Click on ‘Continue’ to proceed.
- Now, the option “Do you want to keep your current phone number?” will come. If you want to keep your current phone number, press ‘Yes’, otherwise press ‘No’.
- Enter your zip or postal code.
- Select a plan and then click on ‘Continue’. The details of each plan appear next to the price.
- Now, pay for the plan. Enter the PIN if you have purchased an Airtime service, or you will be prompted to select a plan and pay for it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and create an account
- Enter your payment information and provide all the details of your personal information that is required.
- Now, press ‘Continue’ to proceed. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process. The rest of the steps may vary depending on your phone, plan, or if you sign up for a new phone number, etc.
If you already have a TracFone SIM card, then you can start using your phone as soon as you pay for the plan and activate your plan.
If you transfer a phone number from another carrier or service, then you will be asked to give your account number and PIN for that service.
Steps For Activate a Non-TracFone Flip Phone or BYOP Flip Phone
Here is given the procedure to activate a BYOP Flip Phone to TracFone service online:
- At first, go to: “tracfone.com/kyop” in your web browser. Use this method to activate the flip phone that you bring from another service.
- Scroll down and click on “Get started”. It is an orange button on the left side of the page.
- Click ‘Select’ under your carrier. If you are confused about which carrier you are using, then you may find the name printed on your flip phone, or if you have the SIM card of the phone you last used, you will find there the name of the carrier.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for your provider.
- If you selected T-Mobile or AT&T: If you selected T-Mobile or AT &T, then follow the steps below:
- If you already purchased a SIM card from TracFone, enter the number printed on the SIM card in the blank space following, “Yes, I already have one”.
- Then Click ‘Continue’.
- If you haven’t purchased a SIM card from TracFone, enter your zip code in the blank below the “I need to purchase one”.
- Then click “Buy a SIM card”.
- If you selected Verizon: Enter your flip phone’s IMEI number in the blank space and click ‘continue’. To find the IMEI, please dial *#06# on the dial pad.
- Now, select a plan and click ‘Continue’ to proceed. The details of the plans appear next to the price.
- If you haven’t yet purchased a SIM card, you have to pay an extra $ 0.99 (plus tax & shipping) in addition to the price of the plan.
- Pay for your Plan (and SIM card, if necessary): Now, you are prompted to create an account, enter all payment information and give some personal details as required during this process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process. The rest of it varies depending on the phone, plan, and whether you sign up for a new phone number, etc.
If you already have your TracFone SIM card, then you can start using your service as soon as you pay for the plan and activate it.
If you transfer a phone number from another service, then you will be asked to provide your account number and PIN regarding that service.
Activating a TracFone Flip phone is not complicated or tough. If you follow all the steps described in this article carefully, then you can activate your TracFone service effortlessly with ease.