Assurance wireless is one of the most amazing lifeline wireless company that offers free phones and SIM cards to all eligible households. Once you receive your Assurance wireless phone and SIM card, the next step is to activate them and later configure your device with the APN settings of this carrier. By setting up the Assurance Wireless Access Point Name (APN) settings, you will be able to access this carrier’s internet services via mobile data. Once you set up Assurance Wireless network settings, there is a plethora of activities that you can do with your phone and have unlimited fun.
However, it’s important to mention that set up Assurance Wireless network settings differs from one device to another. For instance, the Android phone APN settings are different from those of iPhone. To learn more about how to configure your device with Assurance Wireless network settings, read the article to the latter.
Follow The Guideline For Set up Assurance Wireless Network Settings on your Phone
From the introduction, it is evident that you should set up Assurance Wireless network settings on your device so that you can be able to enjoy its internet services. Since APN settings of Android models differ from those of iPhone models, we are going to discuss in details for configure Assurance Wireless APN settings both on iPhone and android:
Step-by-step instructions for configuring the Assurance Wireless network settings on Android device
If you want to configure your Android device with Assurance Wireless network settings, consider following these steps:
- Get your Android device ready
- Go to the ‘Settings’ icon and then tap it.
- Click on the ‘Connections’ and then tap on the ‘Mobile Networks’ option.
- Click on the ‘Access Point Names’ option and then tap on the ‘+’ icon so that you can add new APN settings. Thereafter, key in the following details:
- Name: Assurance
- APN: internet
- Username: (Not set – Leave it blank)
- Password: (Not set – Leave it blank)
- Proxy: (leave it blank – not set)
- Port: (Leave it blank – not set)
- Server: (leave it blank)
- MMSC: (Leave it blank)
- MMS Proxy: (leave blank)
- MMS Port: (Not Set)
- MCC: 470
- MNC: 02
- Authentication type: (none)
- APN type: default, fota, mms, supl
- APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
- APN roaming protocol: IPv4/IPv6
- APN enable/disable: enabled
- Bearer: (Unspecified)
- Mobile virtual network operator: (none)
Once you key in the above-mentioned details, save the newly added APN settings and then choose them as your preferred settings. Thereafter, restart your device.
Step-by-step instructions for configuring the Assurance Wireless network settings on iPhone or iOS devices
The process of setting up Assurance Wireless network settings on your iPhone device is generally easy and straightforward. Here are the steps that can help you get started:
- Get your iPhone model ready
- Go to the ‘Settings’ icon
- Tap on the ‘Cellular Data’ option
- Click on the ‘Cellular Data Network’ option
- Under the APN section, ensure that you key in the following details:
- APN: internet
- Username: (Leave this section blank)
- Password: (Leave this section blank)
After entering these details, save the newly added APN settings and then choose them as your desired settings. Once you are done, restart your iPhone device.
What is Next: Using Assurance Wireless Network For Internet Access
If you want to utilize Assurance Wireless network settings in order to access internet, you should first ensure that you properly configure your device with the APN settings as discussed above. After that, save those settings and then choose these settings as your preferred APN settings.
Once you are done, restart your device and then switch on the mobile data feature on your phone. If you followed the right procedure and keyed in the right APN setting, you should be able to access internet services on your device using mobile data.
1. Connect to Wi-Fi for faster internet speeds
Besides mobile data, you can use Wi-Fi network that is close to you so as to enjoy faster internet speeds. To get started, go to your Assurance Wireless phone’s ‘Settings’ icon and then tap on the ‘Connections’ option. Tap on the Wi-Fi feature and switch it on.
Once you switch on the Wi-Fi feature, you will see a number of Wi-Fi networks within your proximity. Choose your preferred Wi-Fi network and then key in the Wi-Fi network’s password. After that, tap on the ‘Connect’ button. If you entered the right password, you should be able to connect to the internet via a Wi-Fi network.
2. Optimizing Assurance Wireless data usage and saving on monthly costs
There are many ideas that can help you reduce your Assurance Wireless data usage and this keep your monthly internet bills at the bare minimum. Some of the ideas that can help you get started include:
- Cap your mobile data usage manually.
- Consider using Assurance Wireless mobile apps that compress data usage. Some of these apps include Opera Mini, Chrome, among others.
- Try to connect your device to Wi-Fi networks anytime you are close to one. However, ensure that you connect to safe Wi-Fi networks so that your Assurance Wireless phone’s data can remain safe.
- Consider purchasing a dual-SIM phone so that you can take advantage of the different mobile networks at the same time. Here, you can choose one SIM card for mobile data services, while the other one is for calls and text messages.
- Do not allow your mobile apps to synchronize automatically.
- Reduce instances of streaming videos in High Definition(HD)
- At some point, consider switching your phone’s internet settings to 3G or even 2G.
- Every now and then, try to go offline so that you can reduce your overall data usage.
3. Improving Assurance Wireless signal strength and coverage in your area
If you want to increase Assurance Wireless signal strength and coverage within your locality, consider trying any of the following ideas:
- Instead of surfing the internet from the comfort of your bedroom, try to go outside. This is because Assurance Wireless cellular signal might be affected by materials such as the insulation of your house, concrete, drywall, masonry, coated glass and so much more.
- Try to move to a different location, other than your home’s compound.
- Ensure that your phone has the latest firmware. Besides this, ensure that your device has enough battery charge
- Try to remove your device’s phone casing. If your phone case is damaged, you can try to replace it and then see if your phone’s connectivity will improve.
- In case you have connected your device to a 4G LTE network and it is already congested. Try to switch to a 3G network. Thankfully, this network might be less busy, thus allowing you to enjoy a better internet connectivity.
- Supposing you are in an area that has a poor network coverage, but has a Wi-Fi network, consider using the Wi-Fi calling feature. Unlike other phone features, this one can help improve the quality of your phone calls significantly.
- Consider investing in a cell phone booster in your home or office. With this device in place, faint exterior cellular signals will be amplified, thereby improving your device’s connectivity.
- Try to switch carriers and then establish if you will enjoy a better signal strength from the comfort of your home or office.
- Reboot or restart your Assurance Wireless phone. By doing so, you will be able to get rid of bugs that might be affecting the network connectivity of your device. Besides this, you can toggle the Airplane mode and then see if the problem will persist or not.
- Clean your SIM card or replace it altogether. Such is the case if you have been using your SIM card for ages without removing it from your device. Better still, try to remove it and then insert it in your device afresh.
If your Assurance Wireless network settings is not working properly, then try the below suggested tips
As you set up your device with Assurance Wireless network settings, there are instances when your phone might fail to connect to the internet as intended. If you are victim of this circumstance, worry not as there are a number of ideas that can help you solve this problem. Here are some of the issues that can make you encounter Assurance Wireless network connectivity problems alongside their respective solutions:
- You have failed to key in the correct Assurance Wireless APN settings. To be on the safe side, consider entering the correct APN setting as discussed above.
- You have entered Assurance Wireless Android APN settings on an iPhone device and vice versa. Ideally, you should enter Android APN settings on your Android device. On the other hand, ensure that you enter iPhone APN settings on your iOS device.
- Your device has bugs. To eliminate bugs, ensure that you restart or reboot your device.
- Your phone is damaged. In case your device is damaged, you need to repair it so that you can configure it with this carrier’s APN setting afresh.
- You have entered the SIM card incorrectly. If you have entered the SIM card wrongly, remove it and insert it well. More importantly, take care not to damage or dirtify the gold contact of your SIM card.
- You have switched on the Airplane mode on your device. If you want the Assurance Wireless APN settings to take effect, consider disabling this feature so that your device can connect to this carrier’s network.
- Your phone’s firmware is not updated. Once you update your phone’s firmware, you will not be able to set up the APN settings seamlessly but also be able to enjoy other features on your phone.
Does Assurance Wireless network settings affect internet speeds?
Not really. Assurance Wireless network settings only affect internet connectivity on your device. Therefore, you have to ensure that you key in the correct network settings so that your device can access internet services via mobile data.
If you want to enjoy fast internet speeds, you have to ensure that you reduce the number of background apps that are running on your phone, go to a location with a better network coverage, update your phone’s firmware, choose 5G OR 4G network technology on your phone, among other factors.
Can I access 5G internet by updating Assurance Wireless network settings?
Yes, it’s possible to access 5G internet by updating assurance wireless network settings. However, you must have a device that supports 5G network. Once you update your Assurance Wireless network settings on that device, be sure that you will enjoy a better internet connection.