The Affordable Connectivity Program is a government initiative that aims to provide affordable internet access to eligible households in the United States. As part of this program, eligible households can receive a free tablet that comes with one year of free mobile data service.
To qualify for the program and receive a free BLU tablet, households must meet certain criteria. The household must be enrolled in a government assistance program such as SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline. or, has a household income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
Once you have determined that you are eligible for the program, you can apply for the free BLU tablet through a participating internet service provider (ISP) or a state or tribal government agency. You will need to provide proof of eligibility, such as a copy of your SNAP or Medicaid card or proof of income.
After your application has been approved, you will receive a free BLU tablet that comes with unlimited talk, text and data services. The tablet will be pre-loaded with essential apps, such as a web browser, email, and a video conferencing app, to help you stay connected with loved ones, work remotely, and access online resources.
To get a free BLU tablet from the Affordable Connectivity Program, you will need to check your eligibility, apply through a participating ISP or government agency, and also provide proof of your eligibility for the program.
Eligibility For Affordable Connectivity Program
Based on Your Income
You are eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program, if your income is 200% or less than the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Based on your participation in certain program
You are eligible for the ACP if you (or anyone in your household) participate in one of these programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps.
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA).
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools.
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
Tribal Assistance Programs
If you live on qualifying Tribal lands, you are eligible for the ACP if your household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if you (or anyone in your household) participate in:
- Any of the federal assistance programs listed above.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance.
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard).
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF).
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR).
If you have already received Lifeline benefits, then you are automatically eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
Documents Needed For the Affordable Connectivity Program
If you participate in qualifying programs, provide a letter or official document as proof.
- Benefit award letter.
- Approval letter.
- Statement of benefits.
- Benefit verification letter.
- School documentation.
If you qualify through your income, you will need to provide a document that shows that your annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return.
- Current income statement from your employer or a paycheck stub.
- A Social Security statement of benefits.
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits.
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits.
- Divorce decree, child support award, or a similar official document showing your income.
- A retirement/pension statement of benefits.
Identity Verification: You have to prove your identity. To prove your identity please submit any of the following documents:
- Valid government, military, state or Tribal ID.
- Birth Certificate.
- U.S. Driver’s license.
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization.
- Permanent Resident Card or Green Card.
- Government assistance program document.
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) document (does not need to include date of birth).
Address verification: To prove that your address is valid, you have to submit any of the following documents:
Document and Tips:
- When apply online, you should use the online mapping tool in the application to help USAC find your address.
- If you like to send mail, you can send a map that clearly shows your physical address or location, including latitude and longitude coordinates (coordinates are required if you live on Tribal lands).
- Driver’s license or other valid government, state, or Tribal ID.
- Utility bill.
- Mortgage or lease statement.
- Most recent W-2 or tax return.
If you live with another adult who participates in the ACP, then you will need to answer a few questions to find out if your household qualifies for more than one ACP benefit.
- A Completed Lifeline Household Worksheet if someone else at your address already gets Lifeline.
You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the ACP on your own, unless you are an emancipated minor.
Documentation must include:
Your first and last name.
Confirmation of emancipated minor status.
- Court document.
- Certificate of emancipation.
The application Process for Affordable Connectivity Program
You can apply for the ACP through FCC’s Website. Just log into: “affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply”
It will take you to ACP’s official website. From this website you can directly fill up the FCC’s national verifier form.
Apply via Mail
You will need to print out the application and household worksheet from the FCC’s official website. Fill out both forms, then mail both forms along with proof documentation to:
ACP Support Center
PO Box 7081
London, KY 40742
You may print out the application form in English or Spanish Language. Read all the instructions carefully, and fill out the forms. You may print out the Household worksheet in English or Spanish Language.
Apply Through A Provider
Choose a provider that suits you and supports the Affordable Connectivity Program. You can apply through the company’s application process online or via phone.
Common Reasons for Your ACP Application Being Rejected and their Solutions
Your application for a free government BLU tablet can be rejected for several reasons. Some common reasons for rejection and their solutions are given below:
You should submit a full or complete application with all necessary information. If your application is incomplete or missing important information, then it can be rejected.
Solution: When you prepare the application, carefully check if any information is missing or incomplete. If it lacks any information, then please complete it. If you have any query , then please contact the relevant government agency for assistance. Finally submit a complete application.
Check all eligibility criteria before apply for the government BLU tablet. Your application may have been rejected for ineligibility. Say, the Affordable Connectivity Program is launched for low income people, and if you are not a low income but apply for the program, then your application will be rejected.
Solution: You should be conscious about all eligibility criteria of the ACP. You should read everything on their website and miss no information, specially information about eligibility. Consider everything and when you are fully eligible then apply. Then you may hope to be approved and get a Free BLU tablet.
The government funding for free tablets may get limited and for that reason your application may be rejected and you may not get a tablet.
Solution: There is no instant solution for this problem. You have to wait until the government fund is available.
Lack of supporting documents
If you do not submit all the supporting documents with Your application, say document of your proof of income or proof of identity, then your application may have been rejected for lack of supporting documents.
Solution: Carefully read the guidelines and eligibility criteria for the program and prepare all necessary documents. Do not make any mistake and ensure that all the necessary documents are submitted.
Errors on the application
Your application may have been rejected if there are errors or wrong information.
Solution: Double check your application before submitting it. After submission, if you realize that there are errors or wrong information is provided, then without make any delay contact the relevant agency to correct the errors.
Like other programs Affordable Connectivity Program also have a last date or deadline for apply every year. If you missed this deadline, your application may have been rejected.
Solution: Always be conscious about application deadline and must submit your application before this deadline. It is better to apply much earlier than the deadline.
If you submit more than one application for the same program then your application may have been rejected. The FCC authority accept one application per household.
Solution: Make sure that you submit only one application and if possible keep a record of it.
Lack of response
Sometimes it is possible that your submitted documents are not enough to prove your eligibility. Then additional documents are required and the authority request you for additional documents. If you do not respond to their request for additional information or clarification, your application may have been rejected.
Solution: Ensure that you do not miss any email, message or phone call from the government agency. Be always ready to respond to any email, message or phone call from the government agency and provide all the documents that are asked for.
Incorrect contact information
Your application may have been rejected if your contact information, such as your email address or phone number is incorrect or outdated.
Solution: Make sure that you provide accurate contact information and update it when required.
Activation Process of the BLU Tablet
If you have received the Free BLU tablet through the Affordable Connectivity Program and want to start using it, then you have to go through an activation process. The process is as follows:
- Charge the tablet: Charge the tablet until it is fully charged.
- Turn on the tablet: Press the power button to turn on the tablet.
- Connect it to Wi-Fi: Connect the tablet to a wifi network. You have to provide the user name and the password if the network is a secure one.
- Sign in to your Google account: Now sign in to your google account. If you do not have an account, please create one and sign in.
- Update the software: Now you need to update the software to use the tablet. So, update your to its latest version.
- Install necessary apps: Though the tablet comes with some pre-installed apps, you can also download and install your preferred apps from the play store and use them.
That is the full activation process. Just follow these steps and your tablet is ready to go.
Providers That Offer Blu Free Tablet
Qlink gives you a one time discount of $100, if you are approved by the Affordable Connectivity Program and wish to purchase a tablet. You only have to pay $10.01 for the tablet and own it. I think this can be a great help not only for you but also for those who cannot afford a tablet to access online resources and want to be connected with their dear friends and family members. QLink also offers a subsidy of $30 for non tribal residents and $75 for tribal residents as a help to cover internet expenses.
Air talk wireless offers a tablet for the eligible individuals and households of the Affordable Connectivity Program with a mentionable discount. If you qualify for the Affordable connectivity program, AirTalk will provide you with a one time discount of up to $100 towards purchasing a tablet, after making a co-payment of only $10.01. Air Talk also offer free 15 GB of data, unlimited talk and text with Affordable Connectivity program. It also offers a discount of up to $30 on monthly internet bill for nontribal households, which is up to $75 for an eligible household on Tribal Lands.
New Phone wireless
New phone Wireless aims to provide a discounted tablet to those preople who are eligible for affordable connectivity program and want to use online resources to get help from health services, educational services, job opportunities, entertainment, and many other reasons and purposes. They give a big discount of up to $100 to purchase a tablet for only $10.01. NewPhone also offers 15 GB of data, unlimited talk and text. This provider also gives $30 subsidy on monthly internet bill for those who are eligible and live in non tribal land and $75 for those live in tribal lands.
Easy Wireless is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) that offers affordable wireless services to customers across the United States. The company’s mission is to provide reliable and affordable connectivity to all Americans, especially those in rural and underserved areas.
As part of its Affordable Connectivity Program, Easy Wireless offers discounted wireless services and devices to low-income households. The program is designed to bridge the digital divide and provide access to essential communication services for those who may not be able to afford them otherwise. Easy Wireless also offers a discount on tablets for eligible program participants. These tablets are preloaded with Easy Wireless service and offer a convenient way for customers to stay connected, access information, and stay entertained.
Stand Up Wireless
Stand Up Wireless is a wireless service provider that offers affordable connectivity programs to those people who need it most. The company offers a range of wireless plans that are designed to suit different needs and budgets, including prepaid plans. As part of their commitment to providing affordable wireless services to low-income households, Stand Up Wireless offers discounts on tablets to eligible customers. Customers who qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program can get a discount on tablets, which can help them access the internet and stay connected with their loved ones.
In addition to offering discounts on tablets, Stand Up Wireless also provides a subsidy of $30 for nontribal residents and $75 for tribal residents who qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program. This subsidy can make internet more affordable for those who need it the most.
Cintex Wireless is a telecommunications company that offers an affordable connectivity program for eligible households in the United States. The program provides discounted tablets and subsidies to help make internet connectivity more accessible to low-income families.
Through this program, eligible households can receive a discount on tablets. They can use this discounted tablet to access the internet, attend virtual classes, and stay connected with loved ones. The tablets are designed to be user-friendly and equipped with necessary apps and software to be used as strong tools to handle all internet related works with perfection and ease.
Additionally, eligible households can receive a subsidy to help reduce the cost of internet service. This can be especially helpful for families who may not have been able to afford internet service in the past. The subsidy can help make it possible for families to stay connected and access various resources.
Maxsip Wireless is a telecommunications company that has been playing an important role in promoting affordable connectivity. The company provides internet services to customers at an affordable price, and also participates in various programs aimed at expanding access to affordable internet. Through this program, the company offers discounted internet services to eligible households and individuals. This helps to ensure that more people have access to the internet, which has become increasingly important for education, work, and staying connected with loved ones.
Maxsip Wireless also offers a range of affordable plans, including unlimited data plans, making it easier for customers to access the internet without worrying about high data costs.
Overall, Maxsip Wireless is committed to promoting affordable connectivity and expanding access to the internet. Through its participation in various programs, the company is helping to bridge the digital divide and ensure that everyone has the opportunity to stay connected in today’s digital world.
Le Wireless USA
Le Wireless USA is a telecommunications company that is dedicated to providing affordable and accessible wireless services to people across the United States. As part of its mission to make connectivity accessible to all, the company has played a significant role in the Affordable Connectivity Program.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is a government initiative aims at providing low-income households with affordable internet services. As part of this program, Le Wireless USA has been providing a range of facilities to eligible households. One of the key facilities provided by the company is a subsidy that helps reduce the cost of internet services for eligible households.
Le Wireless USA has also been providing free tablets to eligible households. These tablets come preloaded with essential apps and tools that enable users to access the internet and stay connected with family and friends.
Sano Connect is a company that plays a vital role in the affordable connectivity program. The program aims to provide low-income households with access to affordable high-speed internet. Sano Connect supports this program by offering discounts on tablets. These discounts make it easier for families to purchase a device that can connect them to the internet, allowing them to access information, education, health services, and job opportunities.
In addition to tablet discounts, Sano Connect also offers a subsidy on the monthly internet bill for eligible households. This subsidy can significantly reduce the cost of internet access, making it more affordable for families who may not have been able to afford it otherwise.
Here are Given Some of the Models of BLU Tablets
- BLU Touchbook M7,
- BLU Touchbook M7 Pro,
- BLUStudio X10Plus,
- BLU Touchbook M10,
- BLU Touchbook M10 Pro
- BLU Touchbook G7,
- BLU Touchbook G7 Pro,
- BLU Touchbook M7 Plus,
- BLU Touchbook M100X,
- BLU Touchbook M1010,
- BLU Touchbook M7040X.
Alternative Ways to Get a BLU Tablet
If you are unable to get a free BLU Tablet from government through Affordable Connectivity Program, then you can try for many other options to get one. Here is given some options other than ACP to get a BLU Tablet.
- Look for contests or giveaways: Look for any contest or giveaways hosted by any company, blogs, or social media. Sometimes many companies, blogs, or social media manage to arrange many contests and giveaways and give tablets as gifts. If you have any opportunity to participate in such programs, then participate and try to win a tablet.
- Check out trade-in programs: You can participate in trade-in programs and exchange an old electronic product for a new BLU tablet.
- Join referral programs: You may take part in referral programs and win rewards from the program. Afterwards you can redeem these rewards to purchase a tablet.
- Consider purchasing a refurbished Tablet: You may purchase a refurbished tablet. Try to purchase from a reputable seller or a trusted reseller.
- Look for deals on online marketplaces: Always keep an eye on the internet. Sometimes online market places, like eBay or Amazon, offer discounts on tablets.
- Participate in surveys: Many companies arrange surveys to evaluate the total market condition and necessity of their products to general people. They offer money or gifts to successful participants. So you can take part in those surveys and earn money to buy a tablet, or get one as gift.
- Consider joining a product test program: When a company releases a new product, it arranges product test programs so that it may get a clear view on that new product’s performance, user experience etc. You may participate in these product test programs and get a tablet as a gift from the company.
- Look for free tablet offers from carriers: Sometimes mobile phone carriers offer tablets as an incentive to them who switch to their service from another provider. You may take this opportunity to get a tablet.
- Check with your employer: Many employer offer free or discounted tablets to his/her employees. If you are in such a company, check your opportunity to get a tablet.
- Charity Organizations: Many charity organizations of our country offer free tablets to those who need it most. You may contact these charity organizations for a free tablet.
To Maximize Your Chances of Getting a Government BLU Tablet
- Check your eligibility: Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria set by the government for receiving the free BLU tablet. This eligibility is determined by the applicant’s financial condition and certain government programs in which the applicant or one member of the household participated.
- Apply early: Once you are eligible, apply for the BLU tablet as early as possible. The earlier you apply, the better your chances of getting a tablet. The government may have a limited number of tablets to distribute, so it’s important to apply as soon as you can.
- Provide accurate information: Make sure to provide accurate and complete information when you apply for the free BLU tablet. Any errors or incomplete information in your application can delay the process or result in your application being rejected.
- Follow up on your application: After you submit your application, follow up with the relevant government agency to ensure that your application is being processed. You can also inquire about the status of your application and any additional information or documentation that may be required.
- Once approved, choose a participating service provider: If your application is approved, you will be able to choose a participating service provider in your area. The service provider will provide you with the BLU government tablet and other services, such as discounted internet service.
- Be aware of deadlines: The program has certain deadlines for enrollment and recertification, so be sure to submit your application and required documentation before that deadline.
- Keep your contact information up-to-date: Make sure your contact information is up-to-date and accurate, so the ACP Support Center or service provider can reach you if they have any questions or updates about your application.
- Keep track of your application status: You may check the status of your application online or by contacting the ACP Support Center. Make sure to keep track of your application status and any updates, so you can follow up if needed.
- Provide supporting documentation: If required, provide supporting documentation that demonstrates your eligibility for the BLU tablet. This can include income statements, educational certificates, or proof of residency.
- Seek assistance if needed: If you are having difficulty with the application process or have any questions, seek assistance from the relevant government agency or a qualified professional. They can provide guidance and support to help you successfully apply for the BLU tablet.
- Build a strong case: If there is a specific reason or circumstance that makes you a strong candidate for the BLU tablet, make sure to highlight this in your application. For example, if you are a student who cannot afford a laptop or tablet for remote learning, mention this in your application.
- Check for other government programs: In addition to the free BLU tablet, there may be other government programs or initiatives that can help you obtain a tablet or other technology. Check if there are any other programs available and consider applying for them as well.
- Stay positive and persistent: Applying for government programs can be a long and challenging process. Stay positive and persistent, and don’t give up if your application is rejected or delayed. Keep following up with the relevant agency and exploring other options to obtain a tablet.
- Seek feedback: If your application is rejected, seek feedback from the government agency to understand why it is rejected and how you can improve your application in the future. This can help you identify areas for improvement and increase your chances of success in future applications.
How long does it take to get a BLU Free Tablet?
It is uncertain. It may take several days to several weeks to get your free BLU tablet. Actually it depends on the availability of the product, ship date and the state from which you receive the tablet.
Can I Upgrade my BLU Free Tablet?
Yes, you can upgrade your Government BLU tablet. But to upgrade it, you have to pay an upgradation fee to the company.
How to Cancel BLU Free Tablet service?
At first contact the government agency and tell them that you would cancel the service. Provide any information that they need. Follow their instructions and if necessary return the tablet to the agency.
If I am not eligible for the BLU free tablet, from where can I buy the tablet?
You can buy BLU tablet from Amazon, Best buy, Walmart, Target, Newegg, and BLU’s official website, etc.