Excess Telecom is a company that offers a free tablet under affordable connectivity program to serve low-income people. The program is designed to make it easier for people to access the internet and stay connected with friends, family, and the world around them. So, to qualify for the Excess Telecom ACP free tablet, you need to meet certain income or eligibility requirements.
Excess Telecom Free Tablet Application Process
Applying for the Excess Telecom free tablet and service is easy. All you have to do is to follow the simple steps listed below:
- Step 1: Check Excess Telecom’s coverage and availability in your area. If you are a resident of a state where Excess Telecom offers its services, you can proceed to the next step.
- Step 2: Check your ACP eligibility. You can check it from: “affordableconnectivity.gov/do-i-qualify“. If you are eligible, then proceed to the third step.
- Step 3: Contact to Excess Telecom and tell l them that you wish to receive free monthly service and an Excess Telecom free tablet. You can contact them by phone at +800-615-0898, via social media, or by chat on their official website at excesstelecom.com.
- Step 4: Pick a plan that best suits your need and apply for Excess Telecom free internet service and tablet. To apply for the Excess Telecom free tablet and internet service, visit “excesstelecom.com” and enter your ZIP code in the provided box. Now, press ‘Learn More’ and simply follow the provided instructions and fill out the application form to apply for the Excess Telecom free tablet and service. Once your application gets approved, you will be notified and you will get a free tablet soon, depending on availability.
Available Tablets From Excess Telecom Under Affordable Connectivity Program
- Apple iPad.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab.
- Lenovo Tablet.
- Sky Devices Tablet and
- Any other brand of tablets.
Activation Process After Getting Excess Telecom Free Tablet
Activation Process after getting the excess telecom free government tablet. If you have received the tablet and want to start using it, then you have to go through a simple activation process. The process is described below:
- Prepare the tablet: At first prepare the tablet for use. Charge it to its full.
- Turn on the tablet: Press the power button and turn on the tablet.
- Connect it to Wi-Fi: Now, connect the tablet to a WiFi network. To connect to a secure connection, use the user name and password. After connecting to the internet, you may sign in to your Google account. If you do not have a Google account, then please create one and sign in.
- Update the software: After signing in to your Google account, you have to update the software to use your tablet. So, update the software.
- Install necessary apps: You find that some apps are preinstalled in your tablet. You may need more apps to use as your requirement. There are a lot of apps in free or paid version in Google play store or app store. Download and install the apps that you like.
Other Benefits That You Get If You Qualify for the Excess Telecom ACP Program
Suppose you are lucky to get a free device. Then the other benefits you will enjoy are:
- Free internet services with free devices.
- Cost-saving data plan and free minutes.
- A fixed amount of free monthly data every month.
- Affordable add-ons to your tablet data plan.
- The opportunity to upgrade your tablet by paying affordable cost.
- Services without any annual contracts.
- Reliable and trustworthy customers care services.
Eligibility Criteria For The ACP To Get Excess Telecom Free Tablet
A household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program if the household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty guidelines, or if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income internet program.
Participates in one of these assistance programs:
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools.
- Federal Public Housing Assistance.
- Affordable Housing Programs for American Indians, Alaska Natives or Native Hawaiians.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits.
- or Beneficiary of Lifeline Program.
Participates in one of these assistance programs and lives on Qualifying Tribal lands:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance.
- Tribal TANF.
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
- Tribal Head Start (income based).
Necessary Documentation To Get Excess Telecom Free Tablet
- Show You Qualify : When you apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefit, you may need to provide documents to confirm your eligibility, identity, or address.
- Qualifying Assistance Program Participation : If you participate in qualifying assistance programs, provide a letter or official document as proof. Document Examples:
- Benefit award letter.
- Approval letter.
- Statement of benefits.
- Benefit verification letter.
- School documentation.
- Household Income.
- If you qualify through your income: You will need to provide a document that shows that your annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Document Examples:
- Prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return.
- Current income statement from your employer or a paycheck stub.
- A Social Security statement of benefits.
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits.
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits.
- Divorce decree, child support award, or a similar official document showing your income.
- A retirement/pension statement of benefits.
- Identity Verification
- Valid government, military, state or Tribal ID.
- Birth Certificate.
- U.S. Driver’s license.
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization.
- Permanent Resident Card or Green Card.
- Government assistance program document.
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) document .
- Address Documentation
- To prove your address using the online application, you will use the online mapping tool in the application to help USAC find your address.
- If you choose to mail the documents, you can send a map that clearly shows your physical address or location, including latitude and longitude coordinates (coordinates are required if you live on Tribal lands).
- Other options include
- Driver’s license or other valid government, state, or Tribal ID.
- Utility bill.
- Mortgage or lease statement.
- Most recent W-2 or tax return.
- Duplicate Address : If you live with another person who is an ACP beneficiary, then you have to answer few questions to find out if your household qualifies for more than one benefit.
- A complete ACP Household Worksheet if someone else at your address already gets an ACP benefit.
- If you use the online application, a blank, fillable worksheet will appear in the online application.
- If you apply via mail, you must complete the paper form and mail it to the ACP Support Center.
- Emancipated Minor : You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the ACP on your own, unless you are an emancipated minor. Documentation must include:
- Your first and last name.
- Confirmation of emancipated minor status.
- Court document.
- Certificate of emancipation.
What do I do, If my excess telecom free tablet application rejected?
If your excess telecom application for a free tablet is rejected, then do not be worried or upset. Contact with the program administrator to find out the cause of the rejection. The rejection may be for eligibility criteria are not fully met, or for the lack of proof documents, or submission of wrong information, or submission of multiple application from same household, and so on. Just prepare for the next application. Fix the issue for which your application is not approved previously. After making everything ok, apply again with confidence. I hope you will be successful in your approval of the excess telecom free tablet application.
How long does it take to receive a free tablet?
There is no certain time period to receive your excess telecom free tablet. It takes several days to several weeks to get the desired tablet. It actually depends on the availability of the fund and the devices, verification of the information you gave, approval of the application, ship date, and finally from which state you receive the tablet. So, you can understand that it takes some time to get the tablet in hand.
Can I Upgrade My excess telecom free tablet?
Certainly you can upgrade your excess telecom free tablet. For that you need to pay an upgradation fee.
Can I keep the tablet if I cancel my telecom service?
We cannot ensure you of that. Sometimes if the client cancel the service or switch to another provider, the previous provider wants the tablet to be returned. But there are also some providers that give the tablet permanently to their clients.
Are there any hidden fees or charges?
There are no hidden fees or charges, but you have to pay $10.01 as co pay for the tablet.
Is there a limit to the number of free tablets I can receive from telecom companies?
Yes, there is a limitation. You get only one free tablet from the telecom companies. The FCC allots only one tablet per household.
Other Ways To Get A Free Tablet Rather Than Affordable Connectivity Program
There are several ways to get a free tablet, besides enrolling in an excess telecom affordable connectivity program. Here are a few options:
- Promotions and Giveaways: Some companies offer free tablets with promotions and giveaways and they do so as part of their marketing campaigns. You can keep an eye on websites like Free Stuff Finder, FreeSamples.org, and Freebie Shark to find the latest promotions and giveaways.
- Charitable Organizations: There are some charitable or non- profit organizations that provide free tablets to those who are in need for communication devices. For example, One Laptop per Child and World Computer Exchange are two such organizations that provide free tablets to children in developing countries.
- Refurbished Electronics Programs: There are some organizations that refurbish used electronic devices and then provide them to those who are in need. PCs for People is one of such organization. They refurbish computers and tablets and give these to low-income families.
- Recycling Programs: If you have old electronics products, then you can recycle them in exchange for tablets as many recycling programs offer this facility. Check with your local recycling center to see if they offer such programs.
- Online Contests and giveaways: Many organizations arrange online contests and giveaways. You can take part in these contests and if you win, you may get free tablets as prizes. So, try your luck with online contest to get free tablets.
- Friends and Family: Look for a tablet in your friends and family circles. Ask if any of your friends or family members have a tablet that they are no longer use or they upgrade to a newer model. If so ask them if they are willing to give it to you.
- Trade-In Programs: Some electronics retailers offer trade-in programs. In this program you can exchange your old electronics for a free or discounted tablet. If you have any old electronic product, then you can check for a free or discounted tablet for the product.
- Community Centers: Check with your local community centers, libraries, and other community organizations to see if they offer free tablets. Some centers may have programs that provide free tablets to low-income families, seniors, or individuals with disabilities.
- Volunteer Work: Some volunteer organizations may offer free tablets to volunteers as reward for their volunteer service. For example, the Peace Corps provides free tablets to volunteers serving in remote areas.
- Social Media Contests: You may observe that many of your favorite brands and retailers arrange contests and promotions in social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can take part in these contests and win a free tablet by liking, sharing, or commenting on their posts.
- Employee Benefits: Some companies offer free tablets as part of their employee benefits package. Your employer may also offer a free tablet as employee benefit for you. So, check with your employer to see if you can get a free tablet.
- Mobile Carrier Promotions: Some mobile carriers may offer free tablets as part of their promotions. They may offer a free tablet when you sign up for a new mobile plan or add a new line to an existing plan.
- Product Testing Programs: When a new product is launched, many companies arrange product testing programs to collect feedback on their new product. They offer free tablets to those who participate in product testing program. You may participate in such program to get a free tablet. You can find these programs by searching online for “product testing programs” or “beta testing programs”.
- Online Marketplaces: You can check online marketplaces like Amazon and eBay for used tablets that are being given away for free. There are many sellers that want to get rid of old electronics and may be willing to give them away for free to save on disposal fees.
- Academic Research Programs: There are some Academic research programs that may offer free tablets as a part of their research or studies. You can check with universities and research institutions in your area to find out if they conduct any research that includes free tablets and you can take part in the research to get a free tablet.