Do you want to get free tablet from Assurance Wireless under Government program! Yes Government initiative, the Affordable Connectivity Program for low income people to use the internet and technology for almost free of cost. You can get the opportunity if you are low income and can fulfill some eligibility criteria. So, you may apply to get a free government tablet.
Steps to Get Assurance Wireless Free Government Tablet or Phone
The low-income people of our country that apply for a government free tablet or phone from Assurance Wireless can be categorized into two groups. Some people that are already enrolled in the Affordable Connectivity Program and some people that are not yet enrolled themselves in the program. Here I mention the steps to get an Assurance Wireless free government tablet or phone for both groups.
Steps for Those Who Have Already Been Enrolled in The ACP
If you are already an ACP beneficiary, then you only need the approval of Assurance Wireless to get your desirable free government tablet or phone. Follow these steps to get a free government tablet from Assurance Wireless.
- Go to Assurance wireless website and find out the option to apply for a free government tablet or phone. Fill out the application form according to the instructions. You may have to upload digital copies of your documents to submit with the application.
- If you don’t have the opportunity to use the internet or apply online, you can go to your nearest Assurance Wireless’s office and collect paper applications from there.
- Read the application and fill it up carefully. Attach necessary documents and send it to: Assurance Wireless, P.O. Box: 5040, Charleston, IL 61920-9907.
Steps for Those Who Have Not Been Enrolled for The ACP Yet
If you are not an ACP beneficiary and want a free government tablet or phone from Assurance Wireless, then you must be enrolled in the ACP program first. After that you should apply to Assurance wireless to get your free tablet.
You should follow these steps:
- Check your eligibility for the Affordable Connectivity Program. If you are eligible, apply for the program.
- You have to collect and submit proof documents in support of your eligibility for the ACP program. These include digital copies(online) or photocopies (Via mail) of some proof documents (Never submit the original Copies).
- After preparing everything, submit your application with all documents.
- Now, wait for the approval of the application by the program administrators.
- If your application is approved, then apply to Assurance Wireless to get a free government tablet or phone with all other ACP benefits. (The steps to apply for a free government tablet from Assurance are given in the previous section).
If you are not enrolled in The Affordable Connectivity Program yet, then read the following section carefully to get a clear concept about the program.
Requirements for Affordable Connectivity Program to Get Assurance Wireless Free Government Tablet or phone
Any kind of program demands some eligibility to be qualified for it. Affordable Connectivity program is not an exception. To be enrolled in the program, you have to have some qualification. You must fulfill some criteria and only then you are considered as qualified or eligible for the program. Let’s check if you are eligible for the program, or not.
Your eligibility for the Affordable Connectivity Program is mainly determined by two types of criteria. The income based criteria and the program participation based criteria. You have to either qualify yourself through income based criteria, or program participation based criteria. Let’s check both
- Income based criteria: If your or your household’s annual income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline, then you or your household will be considered as eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Program Participation based criteria: If you or any member of your household participates in any of the following Government Assistance programs, then you or the household will be considered eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program. These Assistance Programs include:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program
- Select Tribal programs.
If your child receives a Federal Pell Grant Award in the current award year, then your household is also considered eligible for the program. You also need to ensure that you’re at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor and a citizen of the United States of America.
Required Documents for ACP to Get Assurance Wireless Free Government Tablet or phone
If it is determined that you are eligible for the program, then the next step is to collect proof documents for it. Your eligibility such as your age or emancipation status, Address, income status and program participation status should be verified and you have to submit supportive documents as evidence for your status.
- Verifying Your Age/Emancipation Status: For the verification of your age, you need to submit an official document that contains your Full Name and your Date of Birth. If you are under 18 or an emancipated minor, then you must submit a document that states your emancipation status.
- Documents: A valid ID, passport, birth certificate, or emancipation certificate.
- Address Verification: For the verification of your address, you have to submit a document that contains your Full Name and your valid Address.
- Documents: A valid ID, driver’s license, utility bill, or a recent mortgage or lease statement, W-2, or tax return.
- Income Proof: For the verification of your income, you have to submit an official document that proves your income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Documents: A prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return, current income statement from your employer, paycheck stub, Social Security statement of benefits, or unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits.
- Program Participation Proof: For the verification of your participation in a certain Government Assistance program, you must submit a document that contains your full name, the assistance program’s name, the document issuing institution’s name, and a valid date.
- Documents: Approval letters, benefit award letters, benefit verification letters, or benefit statements.
Always be prepared to submit other documents, such as proof of life, or proof of your social security number, etc.
Your submitted copy documents should be clearly readable and in the paper or digital format according to your application procedure. Remember, never submit original documents as these documents are unreturnable.
Application Procedure To Get Assurance Wireless Free Government Tablet or phone
You can apply for the Affordable Connectivity program online, via mail, or via a provider. In the following section I try to give you a clear idea about how to apply online, via mail, or via a provider for the Affordable Connectivity Program.
- Online: Here is a link that takes you to USAC’s website from where you can apply for the ACP program online. The procedures for online application are clearly explained there. The link is : “affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply”.
- Via mail: Those who apply for the affordable Connectivity Program, are mainly low -income people. Their participation in the ACP proves that they are not capable of using the internet or a tablet. Considering their condition, the FCC keeps the option open to apply via mail. If you don’t have internet facility and thus plan to apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program via mail, then please contact the FCC’s office in your state and collect paper copies of the application and the household worksheet. Fill up them properly and attach necessary documents’ photocopies and send to the following address: ACP Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
- Via A Provider: Once you have been approved by the national verifier, then you may choose a provider and apply directly from their website. Follow these steps:
- Search for a suitable ACP provider. You can search on Companies Near Me – ACP . Select your provider and visit the provider’s website to get the application form.
- Complete the application form with necessary information and attach digital copies of your documents to the form.
- Submit the application and wait for approval.
Ways to Check Assurance Wireless Free Government Tablet or phone Application Status
To check the status of your Assurance Wireless application, you can follow these steps: Go to the Assurance Wireless official website. Then log on to your existing account using username and password. If you don’t have an account, then please create one. Look for an option like “Sign in” or “My Account” on the website’s home page.
- Access application status: Once you’re logged in, navigate to the section on application Status. It may be labeled as “Check Application Status,”. Click on that section.
- Provide required information: Now, in the application status section, you may be asked for providing certain details to access your application status. This may include your application ID, phone number, Social Security Number, or any other identifying information. Enter the required details accurately.
- Check your status: After the submission of all necessary information, the website will show you the status of your Assurance Wireless Application. The status may be as approved, Pending, or, Rejected.
- Contact customer service (if needed): If you’re unable to find the application status online or have any questions, you can contact Assurance Wireless customer service at:1-888-898-4888. The customer care service can help you by providing more information and assistance.
What Type of Free Tablets Will I Receive from Assurance Wireless
- Lenovo tablet
- Samsung Tablet
- Amazon Fire Tablet
- Sky Devices Tablet &
- Other entry-level brands
Activation Process After Getting Assurance Wireless free Government tablet
You have to activate your Assurance Wireless free Government tablet before using it. The activation process is very simple and here I explain the steps for you.
Steps to Activate Your Assurance Wireless Government tablet
- Unbox the tablet: After getting the tablet, unbox it. Make sure that all the accessories such as charging cables and power adapters are present.
- Power on the tablet: Press the power button, this will power on the tablet. Follow any on screen instructions.
- Connect to Wi-Fi: To activate your tablet, you need an internet connection. If you have Wi-Fi connection, enter the password, tap connect and wait for a few seconds to be connected.
- Set up your Google Account: If you want to get the full functionality of your tablet you have to sign up or sign in to your Google Account. If you don’t have a google account, please create an account.
- Complete the setup wizard: Now follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup of your tablet. This step includes accepting terms and conditions, setting up preferred language, and personalizing various settings.
- Install necessary updates: After setting up everything, it is recommended that you check for updates of the software. These updates include important bug fixes, security patches, and new features. Go to settings menu, choose the option “Software Update” to update your software.
- Download and install Apps: Go to Google Play Store and download any app that you want. You can update the existing apps also. Or you may customize your new tablet as you like and enjoy!
You have activated your tablet successfully. Now you have to activate your SIM under Assurance Wireless.
Steps to Activate Your Assurance Wireless SIM Card
Log in to the Assurance Wireless Website and click on the “Activate Now” link. You will be prompted to enter your phone number, ZIP code, and the last four digits of your social security number. Now follow the instructions given on the web page to activate your SIM.
If you cannot activate your SIM by yourself, then you can take help from Customer Care. Call the Assurance Wireless customer service at 1-888-321-5880. When you call, you will need to provide your phone number, ZIP code, and the last four digits of your Social Security number. The customer care will activate your SIM.
Benefits That You Will Get with The Free Government Tablet If Your Application for Assurance Wireless Free Tablet or phone Is Approved
You will get unlimited Data, Minutes, and text with 10 GB of Mobile Hotspot data (Up to 4G LTE speed) absolutely free with the tablet that you get under the Affordable Connectivity Program.
Causes and Their Solutions for Rejection of Application for Free Tablet Under Government Program
Your application for a Government free tablet from Assurance wireless can be rejected for many reasons. Some common reasons for rejection of the free tablet are mentioned here:
- If you provide wrong and incomplete information: if you provide incomplete and wrong information in your application, then it can be rejected.
- Solution: Carefully fill up all the fields of the application and do not provide any wrong information in your application.
- If you fail to meet eligibility criteria: The Affordable Connectivity Program has certain eligibility criteria, such as income based eligibility criteria and program participation based eligibility criteria. If You fail to meet these criteria, your application may have been rejected.
- Solution: You have to confirm your eligibility first, then apply for the program.
- If your provided documents are insufficient: For the verification of your income, identity, Address etc., you have to submit proof documents. If your documents are inadequate or insufficient, then your application can be rejected.
- Solution: Provide all documents that are necessary for the program. If additional documents are needed, provide them as early as possible.
- If the resources are limited: The Affordable Connectivity Program may have a limited number of free tablets available, and if all these tablets are distributed, then for the want of tablets your application can be rejected.
- Solution: There is no instant solution for that problem. You have to wait until tablets are again available for distribution.
- If there are technical issues: Your application can be rejected for technical issues or errors in the application process.
- Solution: Make sure you have a stable and uninterruptible internet connection and a fully functioning computer for the successful submission of the application.
- If you are non-compliant with program rules: The Affordable Connectivity Program may have certain rules and regulations that you must abide by. Failure to comply with these rules, such as providing false information, manipulating the application process, or engaging in fraudulent activities, can result in application rejection.
- Solution: Be compliant with the rules of the Affordable Connectivity Program. Never try to manipulate the application process, or engage in any fraudulent activities.
- If your benefits are overlapped: If you are already receiving similar benefits or subsidies from another government or telecom program, then these overlapping benefits disqualify you from the program and your application will be rejected.
- Solution: This step is taken by the government to stop duplication of benefits and ensure fairness in the distribution of tablets or resources. Always be respectful to the program rules and never take benefits of the same kind from more than one program. You should not deprive others of their opportunities and rights.
- If you fail to meet application deadlines: If you submit your application after the specific deadline of the Affordable Connectivity Program, then your application will be rejected.
- Solution: Try to hold the deadline in your memory. It is better to write it down in a diary or notebook.
- You may be bound to age restrictions: The Affordable Connectivity Program has age restrictions. To apply for the program, you must be at least 18 years old or an emancipated minor. If you fail to meet this criteria, then your application may have been rejected.
- Solution: If you are younger than 18 years, then try to manage an emancipation certificate or manage another person in your household who is more than 18 years of age and tell him to apply for the program instead of you.
- If you provide incorrect or invalid contact information: If your provided contact information is incorrect or invalid, then the program administrators cannot contact you and reject your application due to inability to contact you to verify your details.
- Solution: You should provide correct contact details in your application. If your contact information changed, then update it as early as possible and inform the authority about it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get a free smartphone from Assurance Wireless?
Yes, you can get a free smartphone from the Assurance Wireless under Affordable Connectivity program.
How long does it take to get approved for a free Government tablet from Assurance Wireless?
Usually it takes at least 2 days to get any response. If your documents need to be verified further than it takes some days to get approved for a Government free tablet from Assurance Wireless.
What if I don’t qualify for a Government free tablet from Assurance Wireless?
If you don’t qualify for a Government free tablet from Assurance Wireless, then you can try for many other alternatives that provide free tablets, such as The Salvation Army, Computers with Causes, The On It Foundation, Computers for Kids, Interconnection, Adaptive.Org, everyone on, Microsoft Registered Refurbished, Smart riverside.
Can I upgrade or replace the Assurance Wireless Government free tablet?
If you get a basic level tablet from the Assurance Wireless, you can upgrade or replace with a high end tablet if available. But to get this service you have to pay an upgrade fee.
What if I have questions about the Government free tablet from Assurance Wireless?
If you have any questions on free tablets from assurance Wireless, you may call at: 1-888-321-5880. Or you can contact Directly at: Assurance Wireless, P.O. Box: 5040, Charleston, IL 61920-9907