Do you know that you can get a Samsung Phone for free with the Government ACP and Lifeline Program combo offer for absolutely free? If you are a low-income person and qualify for the lifeline and ACP program then this article is specially for you. In this article, you will get a clear view of the steps to get a Samsung free phone under Government program and steps for activation.
Best 5 Providers that Offer Free Samsung Government Phone
You may get your Samsung free phone by applying through a provider. A provider offer the benefits of the ACP and lifeline Program to you.
1. Airtalk Wireless
AirTalk wireless is a well known and reliable wireless company in our country. They provide free Samsung government phone with free Data package through the help of Lifeline and ACP combo plan. Though they do not reveal the brand and model to their customers before handover of the free phone, they provide phones of reputable brand and models. Samsung phone is also included in the list. You can get Samsung phones from AirTalk.
- Here is Airtalk’s contact details:
- Web: airtalkwireless.com
- Call: +1(855)924-7825
- Monday-Friday (8:00 am – 8:00 pm.) CST
- Saturday (10:00 am – 7:00 pm) CST
2. Cintex Wireless
Cintex Wireless is another wireless company that gives free Samsung government phone with free package to eligible person or household through Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program. Like AirTalk wireless they also do not disclose the brand and model before handover of the phone. They do it , because all models and brands are not always available, so they are somehow compelled to do so. They also offer Samsung government phones. You can get Samsung phones from Cintex, if you are lucky.
- Here is Centex’s Contact details:
- Web: “cintexwireless.com“
- Call: +1(855)655-3097.
- Monday – Friday: 8:00 am-8:00 pm. CST
- Saturday: 10:00 am -7:00 pm. CST.
3. NewPhone Wireless
You may get a free smartphone from Newphone Wireless through Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program. You also get unlimited talk, text and data from this provider. If you are lucky , you may get a free Samsung phone, iPhone or Flip phone under government program from this provider. Do not get upset if you do not get your desired brand. Other brands rather than Samsung given by NewPhone are also of high quality.
- NewPhone wireless’ contact details:
- Web: newphone.com
- Call: +1(855)204-3667
- Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. CST
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. CST
4. Access Wireless
Like other providers Access Wireless does not let its customer choose phone brand and models. But it is true that if you are eligible for Lifeline and ACP , then you get an android phone with free data package from access wireless if you applied through them. As they offer free Samsung Galaxy phone under government program, there is a good chance for you to get a Samsung android smart phone from Access Wireless.
- Here is Access Wireless’ Contact details:
- Web: “accesswireless.com/contact-us“
- New Customers: 1-888-900-5899
- Existing Customers: 1-866-594-3644 or dial 611 from your Access Wireless phone.
- Customer Care Hours of Operation:
- Monday – Saturday: 10am – Midnight EST
- Sunday: 10am – 7pm EST
5. StandUp Wireless
Stand Up Wireless is another well-known Wireless company that offers free phones with Lifeline and ACP. They also give you unlimited data, talk and text with the free phone. Like other providers they also do not reveal their offered phone models in advance. You can apply for their service if you are eligible for lifeline or ACP, or both. If you are lucky then it is possible that you get a free Samsung Galaxy phone under government program from StandUp Wireless.
- Stand Up Wireless’ Contact details:
- Web: “standupwireless.com“
- Call: 1-800-544-4441
- Mail to: StandUp Wireless, PO Box:72397, New Port, KY 41072
In this part of the article, I guess you are curious about what Phone models you will probably have. For your consideration, here is given a list of all probable Samsung phone models from which one is given to you.
List of Free Samsung Phone Models You May Get Under Government Program
- Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung Galaxy A20s
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy A20s
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy A32
- Samsung Galaxy A20
- Samsung Galaxy A21
- Samsung galaxy A10E
- Samsung S9 plus
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy s6 and 6s edge
- Samsung Galaxy A11
Programs That Offer Free Samsung Phone From The Government
- Life line program: The Lifeline program is a federal assistance program in our country that aims to make telecommunications services more affordable for low-income people of our country. The program provides discounts on phone or internet services, to make them more accessible to eligible low-income people. With Lifeline you will get a limited amount of data, with unlimited talk and text each month for absolutely free.
- Affordable Connectivity Program: Affordable Connectivity Program is also a Federal Government assistance program that works to provide affordable internet service to eligible low-income people. The program provides a basic phone with a free internet package , and up to $100 discount on purchasing a device , like tablet or laptop.
- Lifeline-ACP Combo offer: If you are a beneficiary of lifeline and ACP program, then you can get their Lifeline-ACP Combo offer. With the offer you get 15 GB of high-speed data, unlimited talk and unlimited text. You also get a Samsung free phone of the or an iPhone for free under government program.
Ways To Apply For A Free Samsung Phone Under Government Program
You can apply for the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program online through their official website.
- To apply for ACP, you have to go to this URL: “affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply“. This link will take you to USAC’s Affordable Connectivity program’s official page. In this page you will get the option to apply online for Affordable Connectivity program.
- If you want to apply for Lifeline, you can visit the URL: “getinternet.gov/apply?id=nv_home&ln=RW5nbGlzaA%3D%3D” and from this URL you can apply online for Lifeline Program.
Apply Through Mail
To apply via mail, you need to first print the paper version of the application form of Lifeline and ACP from their respective URL and send the printed copy with necessary documents to the following address: Lifeline /ACP Support Center, PO BOX 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
- For The Lifeline: You can print out the paper form of the application for Lifeline from this URL: lifelinesupport.org/wp-content/uploads/documents/get-lifeline/LI_Application_NVstates.pdf
- For the ACP: You can print out the paper form of the application for ACP from this URL: affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf
- You also need to print out a Household Worksheet from the following URL and send it with the application: affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/lifeline/images/ACP-Household-Worksheet-English.pdf.
Apply via provider
You can also apply for the Lifeline and the ACP through your preferred provider. Go to the provider’s official website or contact their customer care to know details about applying for Lifeline and the ACP through them.
Steps After Submit Your Application For Samsung Free Phone Under Government Program
- Wait For Approval: After you apply for the Lifeline and The ACP, the authority verifies your application and decides if you are eligible or not. If you are eligible then their is a good chance that you get a free Samsung government phone from Lifeline and ACP Combo plan.
- Receive your free Samsung Phone: If your application for the Lifeline and The ACP is approved, you can contact your selected provider and sign up for their Lifeline or ACP. Choose a plan( Here Lifeline and ACP combo). If you are lucky , the provider will ship a free Samsung government Phone to your address. It takes up to 7 business days to reach the phone to your address depending on your location .
- Activate Your free Samsung Phone : Be patient, wait for the phone and after get it , activate it and use it with happiness and satisfaction. I’ll write the activation process in after requirements section.
In that part of the document , let’s know about eligibility of the lifeline and ACP , necessary documents to apply for these programs and if you receive the phones, then its activation process.
Requirements To Submit Your Application for Samsung Free Phone Under Government Program
Lifeline Eligibility Requirements
To qualify for the Lifeline And Affordable Connectivity Program to get Samsung free phone , you or any member of your household should meet one or more of the following requirements.
- To apply for a free Samsung government phone through Lifeline make it sure that your or your household’s income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty guideline.
- Or you or any other member of your household participates in one of the following qualifying Federal or Tribal assistance programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
ACP Eligibility Requirements
- If you want to qualify for a free Samsung government phone through the ACP program, then make it sure that your or your household’s income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Or you or any member of your household meets one or more of the following requirements.
- You or any member of your household participates in Lifeline.
- You or any other member of your household participates in one or more Lifeline-qualifying assistance programs listed above.
- You or any other member of your household participates in Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Your household participates in the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools.
- Any of your household members received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
Requirement For Documents, that Need to Prepare To Submit Your Samsung Free Phone Application
You must submit some official and unexpired documents that have all the information to prove that you are really eligible for the program. To increase the chances to gain a Samsung free government phone, make it sure that you prepare at least one documents from each section described below:
- Identity verification: For your identity verification, submit a copy of the following documents that contains your full legal name with age.
- A valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID
- Birth Certificate
- U.S. Driver’s license
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship or Naturalization
- Permanent Resident Card or Green Card
- Government assistance program document
- Address verification: For address verification, submit a copy of an official document with your full legal name and address.
- A valid government, state, or Tribal ID
- Driver’s license
- Utility bill
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Most recent W-2 or tax return
- Low-income proof: To prove that you or your households’ income is at or below Federal poverty guidelines, you must submit copy of at least one of the following documents:
- Prior year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- Current income statement from your employer or a paycheck stub
- A Social Security statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits
- Divorce decree, child support award, or a similar official document showing your income
- A retirement/pension statement of benefits
- Government assistance program participation proof: To prove your participation in a qualifying government assistance program, you must submit a copy of an official document that contains your full legal name, the name of the program, the name of the institution that issued the document, and an issue date within the last 12 months or a future expiration date.
- Benefit award letter
- Approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
- School documentation
A person who is an emancipated minor should submit documents of his/her emancipation status and a court document. Always remember to submit ‘copies’ of documents. Do not submit the original documents. You can submit these documents via online ( soft copies) or via mail(Physical copies).
Activation Process for Free Samsung Government Phone
To activate your phone You need to switch on it first, install the SIM and go through a process of activation. The process is briefly described below:
- To switch on your free Samsung government phone, press the power button until the phone vibrates and the Samsung Logo appears on the screen. Now your phone is turned on. And you need to install the SIM.
- With your handset, you have got a ejector tool. Insert the ejector gently into the hole and the SIM tray will open. Insert the SIM card gently on its slot ( SIM’s gold colored contacts should be facing down on the tray ) and close the tray.
- In this part, you need to connect to a WiFi network. Select your network and enter the net work key. Tap “Connect”. Now you are connected to a WiFi Network Now add your Google account to get access to play store and Google Apps.
- Now if you wish you can restore a back up from your old android device. If you do not want you can skip this step.
- Now it is time to set up some security measures. Like, Face Recognition, Finger Print, Pattern, PIN, Password etc. It is highly recommended that you set up security measures. If you wish to do it later you may tap ”Not Now”.
- Now select the Google service you want to add. Now register or sign in to your Samsung Account. Read and accept their terms and conditions and tap “Next”. Now you can bring your data(backup) from Samsung Cloud or bring data from your previous phone, or you can just set up it as new.
Restrictions to Obtain a Free Samsung Government Phone
A government phone has some restrictions. You have to accept these liabilities to use a government phone. Let’s know about it.
- Only lifeline and ACP qualified Person will receive the phone. They must meet either income based qualification or participation in program based qualification .
- A qualified household will get only one free Samsung government phone with one monthly service for lifeline and ACP Program.
- The phone is non-transferable. That means the owner of the Samsung government phone cannot transfer its ownership to another person , though he or she(the another person) is eligible for lifeline and the ACP.
- You must use your phone and service at least once a month.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I check the status of my application for a Samsung free government phone?
You can check the application status yourself or with the provider’s customer care service. When you submit your ACP or Lifeline application , you will be given a tracing number to track your order. You can contact Customer care to track the order, or go to the provider’s website and track the order details from there.
What other benefits do I get with my free Samsung government phones?
You have got some extra benefits with your Samsung Government phone. You will get a free monthly package(Unlimited Talk, Text and Data) with your Samsung Phone. Also you can get the service of unlimited call to Mexico and Canada for only $5 per month. You also get free mobile hotspot data and free shipping.
Are Samsung free government phones unlocked?
No . As Samsung government phones are provided by certain provider, they locked the phone to ensure that the client cannot use it with other provider or carrier. So, the government Samsung Phones are locked.