If you search for the most suitable and heart touching gift for your grandpa or grandma, then I undoubtedly suggest you the GrandPad tablet; a reliable, trustworthy, hassle free, and risk free tablet. The tablet and its including apps are designed for seniors who need companionship in their very age. The easy and user-friendly interface and easy to find large buttons on the screen makes the GrandPad tablet an awesome choice for seniors. GrandPad tablet is safe from any scams or spam. Moreover, a 24/7 U.S based White-Glove support team is always with the seniors. If you are a senior, looking for the best tablet for you, you can for sure choose the GrandPad.
In the following article I discuss everything about the GrandPad tablet for senior. Its features, pros-cons, how to get or purchase, its offers and also the steps to activate it, and so on.
Places to Get GrandPad Tablet for Senior
You can get or purchase GrandPad tablet for senior from their website, Amazon, US cellular, many retail stores, etc. Here in short I describe these options:
1. GrandPad Website
You can buy a GrandPad tablet from their own website. They have two plans to purchase. One is an annual plan and the other is a monthly plan. Choose any of these and enjoy.
- Plan for a whole year (Hardware is included in the plan): You have to subscribe for the whole year. You have to pay $780 for twelve months. The monthly cost will be $ 65. You can save $ 288 for a whole year. (if you subscribe for 12 months)
- Other features: Free setup and shipping. Prorated Returns.
- Another plan is for monthly payment (Hardware is included in the plan): You have to pay $89/month. For that plan, you have to pay an extra $ 29 for setup and shipping.
2. Amazon Store
You can buy your GrandPad Tablet from Amazon. Amazon is a vast internet-based enterprise that sells books, music, movies, housewares, electronics, toys, and many other goods.
You can buy a GrandPad tablet with capabilities of 4 G LTE, Wireless Charger, Stylus, and a one-month premium service plan for only $397.97.
3. Consumer Cellular
You can purchase a GrandPad tablet from Consumer Cellular. In Consumer Cellular the GrandPad tablet is available for $ 200. By using their EasyPay option, you can put just $10 down, and pay the remaining cost in installment added to your monthly bill. A subscription fee to GrandPad service is $ 40 per month, and includes unlimited data, unlimited video calling, unlimited ad-free streaming music, and more. There is also a 30 days’ money back guarantee, so you have no risk to try this for a month.
Advantages of GrandPad Tablet for Senior
Seniors are benefitted by GrandPad tablet in a variety of ways. Just think of a senior person. He/She may have physical weakness, with mental sickness, say Alzheimer’s disease. Sometimes seniors have none to share their feelings, pass their days in extreme loneliness, and all their days go by in such a way. In that situation, I think a tablet like GrandPad can be a big relief in their life and become a real blessing.
Here the advantages that you get from GrandPad tablet are given:
- GrandPad tablet comes with the easiest to use interface. It is totally free of complications seen in other devices.
- A family member works as an administrator and connects other members with each other. The network is encrypted and the contacts are known and somehow fixed for the seniors. So, there are no chances of spam calls, no scams, no unauthorized communication from third parties. So, a GrandPad tablet is private, safe, and secure.
- GrandPad tablet comes with 4G LTE connectivity. So, you are connected everywhere. There is no need for a Wi-Fi network or any other ISPs.
- GrandPad tablet has ad-free music streaming with 30 million tracks. Hearing this music keeps the seniors refreshed, energetic, active, and obviously happy. This feature makes GrandPad tablet a sweet companion to seniors.
- Many of the seniors are vision impaired and hearing impaired. GrandPad tablet has a vital role especially in that case. GrandPad tablet offers flashlight and magnifying toolbox features. This helps vision impaired seniors. GrandPad’s tablet audio setting option also serves those seniors who are hard of hearing.
- The GrandPad tablet has a built-in touch screen. There is no need for any mouse or keyboard to navigate. Moreover, if seniors have arthritis in their hand or have dry skin, they can use the stylus to navigate. The stylus included in the package is specially designed and can be used as an excellent tool to navigate and use the tablet.
- Seniors need stimulation of their memory. In that case, the GrandPad tablet plays a vital role. They provide mind-stimulating games such as Sudoku, Cross words, Poker, etc.
- GrandPad tablet gives 24/7 U.S White-Glove support. When a senior tap on the ‘help’ button on their tablets, a friendly Member Experience agent tries to solve the issue as quickly as possible. The team can even adjust the settings on the GrandPad tablet remotely to help solve the issue.
- GrandPad tablet is wireless charging enabled. There is no hassle with wires and plugging in the device.
Features of GrandPad Tablet for Senior
The GrandPad tablet is mostly marketed to ages 75 and up, and it’s not surprising to know that its features lag behind those of the latest tablets from more mainstream manufacturers. Here are given the features of a GrandPad Tablet:
- Chipset: Octa-Core Qualcomm (2.0 Ghz)
- RAM: 2 GB
- Storage: 32 GB
- Rear-facing camera: 5 MP
- Front-facing camera: 5 MP
- Connectivity: Wireless and 4G LTE
- Display: 8-inch Full-HD screen with 1920 x 1200 resolution.
Steps to Set Up GrandPad Tablet For Senior
After getting a GrandPad tablet in hand, your first step should be to set it up. A GrandPad tablet support team is ready to help you in the setup process. Follow these simple steps to get set up:
- Log into GrandPad tablet Central.
- Invite Contacts.
- Manage Content Viewed on the GrandPad Tablet.
- Download the GrandPad App.
- Enjoy Staying Connected.
The above steps are described here in short for your easy understanding of the process.
1. Log into GrandPad Central
GrandPad Central is a web portal with many uses. You can update your personal information here, you may also update information for the GrandPad Tablet user whose account you may be managing, you may place an audio or video call, upload photos to the GrandPad, invite contacts, and many more using this portal.
To get started, click on this link: https://central.grandpad.net
Enter the email address that you use when registering with GrandPad. Click the next button.
A login link is now sent to that email. Click the link on the email and you are automatically logged in. Now you can set up an optional password following the instructions or continue without a password.
2. Invite Contacts
After login, you will find your profile and the profile of the GrandPad account you may be managing on the left side of the page. There you will also notice the contacts tab. If you want to add contacts to your account, select them from under your profile, if you want to add contacts to a GrandPad user’s account, you can also select contacts from under his/her profile. Once you’ve done this, select the Add Family Contact button in the top right corner. Now select create new contact and complete the information for each contact. Ensure to send an automatic welcome email and text message to each contact by keeping the box checked that says, “Send an automatic welcome email and text message.”
3. Manage Content Viewed On the GrandPad Tablet
If you are the family administrator, then you have the control to enable or disable any feature on the GrandPad tablet.
4. Download The GrandPad App
You have to download and install the GrandPad app. This app is the easiest way to connect your entire family circle with the GrandPad user. GrandPad is a secure network. No third party content or communications are accessible.
Now, your GrandPad Tablet is fully set up to be used. If you have any questions, you may join in live chat or call them at: (800) 704-9412.
Are There Any Disadvantages of GrandPad Tablet for Senior
- If we consider the disadvantages against advantages of the GrandPad tablet, we find something that is trifle. First, we can consider the cost. Annual or monthly basis it is somehow more or less than $ 696 per year. Considering its advantages, it is not too high.
- Secondly, the GrandPad tablet can be considered too simple. Its features cannot be compared to a modern high end tablet. But we have to remember that this tablet is specially prepared for seniors with the age more than 75 years. They need a companion, they need something to pass their time enjoyably and be in contact with their beloved sons, daughters, and grandchildren. These criteria are fully fulfilled by GrandPad.
- Finally, we can say that the GrandPad tablet is not right for people of all ages. Young users are capable of using complicated devices. They are familiar with computers, internet technology, etc. What they can handle can’t be handled by a 90-year-old person. So, definitely the GrandPad is not for the younger generation. It is made for seniors, suitable for seniors.
Can I Get a Free GrandPad Tablet for Senior ?
You may get a free GrandPad tablet for a whole year through St. Louis County. The program was launched after the Covid-19 pandemic hit the St. Louis Area. These tablets have built-in 4G LTE service that allows access to email, make phone calls and video calls, and also take, send, and receive still photos and videos. The applicants must be 75 years of age or older, live in St. Louis County, and have a library card.
You May also read : Free Tablet For Seniors
How Do I Connect or Communicate to A Senior That Uses a GrandPad Tablet ?
You can easily connect to a senior that uses a GrandPad tablet with the help of the free companion app. With the help of this app you can also send Pictures, photos, and videos from your smartphone to your dear one’s GrandPad.