To receive the benefits of the Affordable Connectivity Program, you need a provider and also a SIM card from that provider to use it in your phone and tablet. With the SIM card, obviously comes the question to activate it . You need to activate the SIM to use your phone or tablet and get ACP benefits. If you like to take ACP benefits from Maxsip Telecom, you need a SIM Card from Maxsip Telecom and also need to activate it under their network.
How Will You Get A SIM Card From Maxsip Telecom
You can get a Maxsip Telecom SIM by purchasing it or get it from Maxsip Telecom for free under the Affordable Connectivity Program. The ways to get a SIM from Maxsip Telecom are given below:
You Can Purchase The SIM
You can purchase a SIM card from Maxsip Telecom in the following way:
- Visit A Maxsip Telecom Retail Store: You can visit a Maxsip Telecom retail store to purchase a SIM card. You need to provide a valid government-issued ID and proof of address. You have to choose a plan and pay the SIM activation fee.
- Order A SIM Card Online: You can order a SIM card online on the Maxsip Telecom website. To do so, you need to provide a valid government – issued ID, and proof of address. You also need to choose a plan and pay the SIM activation fee.
You Can Get Maxsip Telecom SIM Card For Free under ACP
Also, you can get a free SIM card from Maxsip Telecom under the Affordable Connectivity Program. To get a free SIM card through ACP, you need to apply for the ACP program and if you are approved then you will get a free SIM from Maxsip Telecom. At Maxsip Telecom, you get some offers also. The offers are as follows:
- BYOD( Bring Your Own Device) Plan: If you have a mobile device (Phone or tablet) that you love and want to keep and use it always as your existing phone, or if you have a phone or tablet that is superior to the free phone or tablet that you will get from Maxsip Telecom under ACP program, then you can take the advantage of BYOD Program . To be eligible for the program, your phone or tablet must be compatible with Maxsip Telecom’s network and must be unlocked. In the BYOD program , you get a free SIM with the ACP benefits .This plan is absolutely free.
- 4G Tablet Plan: It is another ideal plan for you. You will get a 4 G Android tablet with internet that is valued at $300 ( with the ACP it is free) , a free Maxsip Telecom SIM card, and a monthly service plan that includes free data, talk, and text. To enroll in the plan you have to pay a one-time $20 activation fee only.
- Mobile Hotspot Plan: If you need a hotspot device to connect to multiple devices and that is your primary need, then you can take this plan. This plan includes a free SIM, mobile hotspot device, and free monthly service. But remember, to be enrolled in this plan you have to pay a one-time $50 activation fee.
After Getting The SIM, How You Can Insert It Into Your Device
SIM Installation On Your Phone:
After receiving the SIM card from Maxsip Telecom, you need to insert it properly on your phone. The steps to install SIM card on your phone are given below:
- First carefully push out the SIM card according to your device.
- The SIM card slot is usually inside your phone’s backplate.
- So, you need to open the back plate. To open the backplate, you have to locate the small gap on the side of your phone.
- Use a thin object to reach into the gap to pull open the back plate.
- Now remove the battery.
- You will see the SIM card slot. Insert the SIM card in the SIM card slot. Make sure the chip of the SIM is facing inward.
- Beside the SIM slot you may see a larger slot, but don’t insert the SIM there.
- Now insert the battery to its place and close the backplate. You will hear the click sound if it is properly closed. Now your phone is ready to use.
Sim Installation On Your Tablet:
You can insert your Maxsip Telecom SIM Card on your tablet in the following way:
- First carefully push out the SIM card according to your device.
- The SIM card slot of a tablet is usually located on the top of the tablet. Find it out for your tablet.
- Now you need a SIM card ejection pin to remove the SIM tray. If you do not have a pin, you can use a paper clip instead.
- Now push the pin into the small hole on the SIM card tray to eject the tray.
- Place the SIM card into the smaller slot on the SIM card tray.
- Now, insert the tray back into the tablet. Make sure the chip of the SIM is facing the front of the tablet.
- Now, your tablet is ready to use.
How To Activate Your Maxsip Telecom SIM Card
If you are approved by the ACP program , you will get a free tablet with a free Maxsip Telecom SIM card. To use the tablet , you must activate the SIM card. Here are the steps on how you can activate your SIM card under Maxsip Telecom’s network.
- Step: 1: Install Your SIM Card On Your Tablet: In the previous section, I discuss how you can install your SIM on your tablet. Follow the above process and install the SIM on your tablet.
- Step:2: Set Up Your Tablet: After installing the SIM, you have to set up your tablet to activate the SIM. Follow these steps to activate the SIM on your tablet:
- First, make sure that the tablet is fully charged.
- Hold the power button for a few seconds to turn the tablet on.
- After the tablet is turned on, tap on ’start’ that appears on the screen.
- On the bottom left corner of the screen, tap ‘ Set up offline’.
- Next, tap on “Continue”, and tap on “More” as it appears on the screen.
- Tap on “Accept” .
- If you want to set a Pass code then pick one that is easy for you to remember. If you don’t want to set a Pass code, then tap “Skip”.
- Now, give your device some time to load.
- Your SIM is now activated on that device.
Following the above steps you can also activate your BYOD device and the Hotspot device.
If you need any help, you may contact the Maxsip Telecom’s customer support team at 1(866) 629-7471 or [email protected].
Some Problems With SIM Activation And Their Solutions
- If you installed your Maxsip Telecom SIM card in a device that is locked and incompatible with Maxsip telecom’s network, then you cannot activate the SIM on that device.
- Solution: To solve this problem, make sure your device is unlocked and compatible with Maxsip Telecom’s network.
- If you cannot install the SIM properly on your tablet, your SIM will not be activated on your device.
- Solution: Install the SIM properly on your tablet to activate it on the tablet.
- If your location is not under the coverage area of Maxsip wireless, then your SIM will not be activated on your device.
- Solution: Make sure that you are within the Maxsip telecom’s coverage area before initiating your activation process.
- If your device is malfunctioning, then you cannot activate your SIM On that device.
- Solution: Before activating the SIM on your device, make sure that the device is in proper working condition.
Here Are Tips You Can Follow To Solve SIM Card Activation Problem:
- An easy solution to the SIM Card activation Problem is you can restart your device. In most cases , this process works like a charm.
- The other thing you may consider is that if your device’s software is updated. Because backdated software in many cases causes SIM activation problems.
Maxsip Telecom offers some awesome plans for the ACP and non-ACP clients. If you want to get these plans, you must have Maxsip Telecom SIM Card installed on your phone or tablet. So, get the SIM, activate it and enjoy the service.