First and foremost, Walmart Family Mobile is one of the reputable carriers that operate in the United States. Unlike other service providers, this one operates as a Mobile Virtual Network Operator. From offering you budget-friendly cell phone plans to enabling you to enjoy a good customer service, there are many reasons why you should choose Walmart Family Mobile as your ultimate carrier. Besides this, Walmart Family Mobile now offers all eligible customers Lifeline program so that they can remain connected inexpensively. Since most people are eager to know how one can qualify for Walmart Family Mobile Lifeline program, we shall take a closer look at that, how to apply for that program, any associated restrictions and so much more.
Step1: Fulfil Eligibility Requirements For Walmart Family Mobile Lifeline Program
For you to qualify for the Walmart Family Mobile Lifeline program, you need to ensure that you meet certain eligibility guidelines. To start with, you need to ensure that your income stands at or is below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. As far as these guidelines are concerned, you need to ensure that you check what your state’s FDG stipulate and then determine if you meet the much-needed threshold or not.
If you do not qualify via the low-income criteria, you can now for this carrier’s Lifeline program in case you are a participant of a government assistance program such as:
- Supplemental Security Income(SSI)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program(SNAP)
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
Apart from the programs that we have outlined above, you can now qualify for Walmart Family Mobile Lifeline program if you live in Tribal lands and enjoy any of the following government assistance programs:
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations(FDPIR)
- Tribal Head Start(Only those households or individuals who meet the much-needed income qualifying standard are eligible)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
Step 2: Prepare Required Documents To Apply Walmart Family Mobile Lifeline Program
When applying for the Walmart Family Mobile Lifeline program, there is a need for you to gather vital documents in order to prove your identity and eligibility status. To prove your identity, you need to submit copies of your personal documents that contain your name in full, your date of birth, place of residence among other details. Here are some of the personal documents that you should submit during the Walmart Family Mobile Lifeline program application process:
- A copy of your government-issued ID, military, state or Tribal ID
- A copy of your driver’s license
- A copy of your passport
- A copy of your birth certificate
- A copy of your permanent resident or Green card
To prove your residential address, consider submitting any of the following documents:
- A copy of your utility bill
- A copy of your current lease or mortgage statement
- A copy of your W-2 or tax return(Recent copies)
Apart from the personal documents mentioned above, you should submit copies of official documents that show that your income is low or are a participant of a government assistance program. To prove that your income stands at or is below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, there is a need for you to submit any of the following documents:
- A copy of your retirement statement of benefits or pension
- A copy of your child support award
- A copy of your Social Security statement of benefits
- A copy of your current income statement
- A copy of your divorce decree
- A copy of your prior year’s federal, state or Tribal tax return.
- A copy of your unemployment or worker’s compensation statement of benefits
- A copy of Veterans Administration statement of benefits
Supposing you are a beneficiary of a government assistance program such as Medicaid, SSI, Section 8, SNAP or Tribally administered programs, consider submitting any of the following documents:
- A copy of your benefit award letter
- A copy of your approval letter
- A copy of your benefit verification letter
- A copy of your statement of benefits
Final Step: Apply For The Walmart Family Mobile Lifeline Program
If you want to apply for Walmart Family Mobile Lifeline program, be certain that you can get started via 3 main methods. Here is a breakdown of these methods so that you can know them better:
- Via online method : Unlike other methods, this one is more convenient for many as they can do it from the comfort of their homes. To apply for this carrier’s Lifeline program online, here are the steps that can help you get started:
- Visit “wfmassist.com/en/#!/home” and then key in your ZIP code on the empty field that you will see on your right hand side.
- Thereafter, choose your current status from the two options that you will see on your screen. Here, you can choose whether you are an active Walmart Family Mobile customer or not. Make an appropriate choice and then key in your Walmart Family Mobile phone number as well as your device’s IMEI last 4 digits.
- Tap on the ‘I am not a robot’ prompt and then click on the ‘Confirm’ button.
- Here, you will be take the application form where you will start the actual application form.
- Fill in the form correctly, by submitting your name in full, your date of birth, SSN among other vital details.
- Attach copies of your personal documents and eligibility documents to the application form. Thereafter, confirm everything is right before you make your submission.
- Once you submit your application form, this carrier’s team will review it and respond to you within a few days.
- If you met all the requirements, the Lifeline benefits of this carrier will start applying at the beginning of your next month’s billing cycle.
- Visit Walmart Money Center : Apart from the online method, you can visit the Walmart Money Center close to you and make your application from that end. As long as you have copies of your eligibility documents and personal documents, be certain that you will be good to go. Here, you will find an agent who will be willing to help you get started.
- Contact Walmart Family Mobile customer service team : You can also contact this carrier’s customer service team on 1-877-440-9758 and let them know that you want to apply for the Lifeline program. The agent on the other end will help you make your application if at all you meet all the necessary eligibility requirements.
Benefits of Walmart Family Mobile Lifeline program
Once you apply for this carrier’s Lifeline program, you can expect to enjoy the following benefits:
- $10 discount on your preferred cell phone plan. For instance, if you choose the $24.88 plan, you will only be required to part with $14.88 on a monthly basis once you qualify for Lifeline program. The same applies to the $29.88, $39.88 and $49.88 plan respectively.
- You will enjoy unlimited talk and text
- 4.5GB when you choose the $24.88 plan. However, if you choose the $49.88, you will enjoy unlimited mobile data at 4G LTE speed.
- Hotspot mobile data. This applies for the $39.88 and $49.88 plan.
Since this carrier’s Lifeline program does not allow you to get a free phone, be certain that you will save more, thanks to its discounted cell phone plans. However, you are free to bring your own phone and then buy a SIM activation kit for $0.99 only. If you choose to bring your own phone to this carrier, you have to ensure that it is unlocked and compatible with Walmart Family Mobile.
Vital Consideration To Make When Applying For Walmart Family Mobile Lifeline program
When applying for the Walmart Family Mobile Lifeline program, there are certain considerations that you should make. Some of these considerations include:
- Ensure that your income stands at or is below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guideline or be a beneficiary of a government assistance program such as Medicaid, Section 8, SSI, SNAP among others.
- The Lifeline benefits of this program apply to one person per household
- A household can only be able to enjoy Lifeline benefits from one carrier at a time.
- The benefits one is likely to enjoy from this carrier’s Lifeline program are not transferrable to another household or person.
- For you to continue enjoying the Lifeline benefits, you need to utilize them at least one a month.
- To continue enjoying the benefits of this carrier’s Lifeline program, you need to recertify once in 12 months.
- Supposing your phone remain inactive for 45 days and above, your Lifeline discount might be cancelled, thereby prompting you to re-apply.
The Common Reasons of Rejection for Walmart Family Mobile Lifeline program
There are many reasons why you might not qualify for the Walmart Family Mobile Lifeline program. Some of these reasons include:
- You are not 18 years and above
- You do not reside in United States
- Your income is above 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- You are not a participant of a government assistance program such as SNAP, SSI, Section 8, Medicaid or Tribally administered programs.
- You entered the wrong details during the application process.
- You failed to submit copies of your personal and eligibility documents during the application process.