Are you a Samsung Galaxy enthusiast but can’t afford it due to tight budget or low-income? Then a really happy news awaits you. Now you can get a Samsung Galaxy S9 phone absolutely free of cost from the government initiative, the Affordable Connectivity Program. If you are eligible for the program, don’t waste a moment, apply now!
Government Programs That Offer Free Galaxy S9 Government Phone
The Affordable Connectivity Program and Lifeline & ACP Combo program offer free Samsung Galaxy S9 phones. In the following section I discuss how you can get a Samsung Galaxy S9 free phone under these programs.
- Affordable Connectivity Program: The Affordable Connectivity Program is a government initiative that helps low-income people to afford high speed internet with connected devices that they cannot afford themselves. The ACP Program generally provides a free basic smartphone with free internet. They may provide you with a Samsung Galaxy S9 smartphone, too.
- Lifeline-ACP Combo Program: The Lifeline-ACP Combo program is a government program that helps low-income households afford phone and internet service. Most of the providers provide smartphones, like Samsung Galaxy S9 with lifeline-ACP Combo offer. So if you want to get a free smartphone like Samsung Galaxy S9, you may apply for the Lifeline-ACP combo program.
Reputable MVNOs That Offer The Free Galaxy S9 Government Phone
Here is a list of three most reputable carriers through which you can get a free Galaxy S9 government phone.
1. AirTalk Wireless
Airtalk Wireless is a well-known MVNO in the USA. AirTalk Wireless participates in the Affordable Connectivity program and Lifeline-ACP Combo Program. They offer several types of free government phones under the above mentioned programs. They also offer a free Samsung Galaxy S9 phone with the lifeline-ACP Combo offer.
2. Cintex Wireless
Cintex Wireless is well-known for its dedicated service as an MVNO in the USA. Like the AirTalk wireless, Cintex Wireless also takes part in the ACP, and Lifeline-ACP Combo program. If you are eligible for the Lifeline-ACP Combo Program, then you may get a Samsung Galaxy S9 smartphone for absolutely free. You also get 15 GB of high speed data, unlimited talk, unlimited text and picture messaging with the offer.
3. NewPhone Wireless
NewPhone Wireless is a well-known MVNO in the USA. They participate in the ACP, and Lifeline-ACP Combo program. They offer various types of smartphones with the above mentioned programs. You can get a Samsung Galaxy S9 Phone for free of cost from New Phone Wireless. They also offer unlimited talk, text and 15 GB high speed data under the program.
You may apply to the above-mentioned MVNOs, and you will get a Samsung S9 Galaxy Government Phone absolutely free from these MVNOs.
Some Other MVNOs That May Provide Free Galaxy S9 Phone:
- Access Wireless.
- Assurance Wireless.
- StandUp Wireless.
- enTouch Wireless.
- Life Wireless.
- Q Link Wireless.
- Unity Wireless.
Steps To Get Free Galaxy S9 Government Phone
You can get a free Galaxy S9 government phone for free of cost from the Affordable Connectivity Program, and Lifeline & ACP Combo Program. The steps to get a Galaxy S9 phone from the above mentioned programs are given below:
- First you have to check if you are eligible for the program in which you want to participate.
- If you are eligible, then prepare necessary documents to prove your eligibility.
- Now select a provider that you prefer and visit their website.
- On the website, navigate to the application page.
- Now fill out the application form and the household worksheet.
- Upload all eligibility documents.
- Submit the completed application along with the completed household worksheet and eligibility proof documents.
- Wait for approval of your application.
- If your application is approved , then wait for the desired Samsung Galaxy S9 phone and other benefits.
- You will get your desired Galaxy S9 phone within a few days. After getting the phone in hand , enjoy all of its features and benefits.
Requirements For Lifeline And ACP Program To Get Galaxy S9 Free Government Phone
Eligibility Requirements For Lifeline, ACP & Lifeline-ACP Combo Program
- Eligibility Requirements For Lifeline And ACP Program: The eligibility for the Lifeline program and the ACP Program is determined in two ways. These are: Income based eligibility and Program participation based eligibility.
- Income Based Eligibility: If your or your household’s annual income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, then you are eligible for the lifeline program.
If your or your household’s annual income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, then you are eligible for the Affordable Connectivity program.
If you are eligible for the lifeline and the ACP Program, then you are also eligible for the Lifeline & ACP Combo program.
- Program Participation Based Eligibility (For The ACP and Lifeline-ACP Combo Program):
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA).
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.
- Participates in any of the above mentioned Government Assistance Programs.
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income internet program.
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including in the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools.
- Tribal Assistance Programs
- if you or someone in your household participates in:
- Any of the federal assistance programs listed above.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance.
- Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard).
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF).
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
Documents Required For Lifeline, ACP & Lifeline-ACP Combo Program
You need to submit any of the following documents as proof of your eligibility for the Affordable Connectivity Program and Lifeline-ACP Combo Program to get government free Galaxy S9 phone:
- You can submit one of these legitimate official documents to confirm your identity.
- Valid government, military, state, or Tribal ID
- Birth Certificate
- U.S. Driver’s license
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship.
- Permanent Resident Card or Green Card.
- You can submit any of these official documents to prove your age or emancipation status:
- A valid ID,
- Birth certificate, or
- Emancipation certificate.
- You can submit any of the following documents for the verification of your address.
- Driver’s license or another valid government, state, or Tribal ID
- Utility bill
- Mortgage or lease statement
- Most recent W-2 or tax return
- You can submit any of the following official documents to confirm your low household income:
- Previous year’s state, federal, or Tribal tax return
- Current income statement from your employer or paycheck stub
- Social Security statement of benefits
- Veterans Administration statement of benefits
- Unemployment or Worker’s Compensation statement of benefits
- Divorce decree, child support award, or an equivalent official document displaying your income
- Retirement/pension statement of benefits
- You can submit any of these official documents to confirm that you are enrolled in a government assistance program:
- Benefit award letter
- Approval letter
- Statement of benefits
- Benefit verification letter
You may also submit a document to prove your Social Security Number and you also have to submit documents to prove that you are alive.
Steps To Apply For The Free Galaxy S9 Government Phone
- Apply Via Provider For Free Galaxy S9 Government Phone
- Apply For The ACP Via A Provider: Go to your preferred provider’s website (Suppose it is Airtalk). Then navigate to the plan section( Here AirTalk Plan) under the ‘About Our Program’ menu. Now click on plan ( Here AirTalk plan). This will take you to the ACP Program Offer. Click on the ‘Apply now’ option. Now enter your Zip code under the ’Start Your Application’ cell and click on ‘Apply now’. Choose a plan ( Here ACP Premium Plan) and click on ‘Apply Now’. You are directed to a new page. Now you have to complete six steps to complete your application. Steps are: 1. Personal Info. 2. Household. 3. Eligibility. 4. Upload proof. 5. Plan and phone. 6. Final step.
- Apply For The Lifeline & ACP Combo Via A Provider: Go to your preferred provider’s website ( Suppose it is AirTalk). Then navigate to the plan section ( Here AirTalk Plan) under the ‘About Our Program’ menu. Now click on plan (Here AirTalk plan). This will take you to the Lifeline & ACP Combo offer. Click on the ‘Apply now’ option. You have to enter your Zip Code and Click ‘Apply Now’. This will take you to the application page. There you get the following steps to complete. 1: Select Plan. 2: Select Device. 3: Verify and Confirm Order. 4: Eligibility 5: Final Step.
Complete these Steps to apply through your preferred provider to get a free Galaxy S9 phone.
- Apply Online For Free Galaxy S9 Government Phone
- To start your application, open the program’s official website through this link: “affordableconnectivity.gov/how-to-apply“.
- Navigate to the Apply section and click on “Apply now’. You will be directed to the application form page.
- Fill up the following fields: Home address where you will get internet( Street number and name, Apartment , unit , etc. City or Town, State or Territory, Zip Code) and your contact information ( Email address, Phone (optional) ).
- Now click ‘Next’.
- Follow the instructions and complete the application.
- Upload necessary documents.
- Now submit the application.
- Apply For The Free Galaxy S9 Phone Via Mail To enroll for the ACP through mail, download application form and household worksheet from: “affordableconnectivity.gov/help/tools“.
- Take a print out copy of the application and the household worksheet.
- Complete the application form and the household worksheet .
- Attach proof documents of your eligibility, identity, address, etc.
- Mail your application form and household worksheet with other documents to: ACP support center, PO BOX 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773.
Check The Application Status Of The Application For Free Galaxy S9 Government Phone
To check the status of your application for a free Galaxy S9 Phone, follow these steps:
- First go to the ACP website at: “affordableconnectivity.gov“.
- Now click on the “Manage My Benefit” button.
- Log in to your account, if you don’t have an account yet, please create one.
- After log in to your account, you will see the status of your application there.
- Your application status may be pending, approved, or rejected. You should take the next steps according to the status. You can also check the status of your application by calling the ACP Support Center at 1-877-384-2575. You can also visit website help page: “affordableconnectivity.gov/help“.
Features Of The Free Galaxy S9 Government Phone
The Samsung Galaxy S9 Phone comes with a super AMOLED display of 5.8 inch. The resolution of the display is 1440*2960 pixels. The phone runs onAndroid8.0 (Oreo) Operating system which is upgradable to Android 10. The Samsung Galaxy S9 is powered by an octa-core 2.8 GHz processor. The RAM is 4 GB and internal memory is 64GB, 128GB, 256GB. Rear camera is a single camera of 12 MP, and two selfie cameras of 8 MP and 2 MP. Other features: Wi-fi enabled, Bluetooth: 5.0, USB Type-C 3.1. The phone is backed up by a non-removable battery of 3000 mAh.
How To Activate Galaxy S9 Government Free Phone
- To activate your government free Galaxy S9 phone, first you have to choose a language, then tap ‘start’.
- You can use a Wi-fi network or your mobile network to set up the phone.
- Here comes the privacy and software update. select ‘Accept and continue’.
- You may like to transfer your data and settings from your previous phone to your new Galaxy S9 phone. If you like to transfer, select ‘Next’ and follow the prompts. Otherwise select ‘Don’t Copy’.
- If you like to use Google services, such as play store, Gmail, Google Maps, Google translate, etc. then you need to log in to a Google account. If you already have an account, log into it, if you do not have an account, please create one. And if you plan to skip google account , select ‘Skip’ , then tap ‘Next’.
- Review the Google Services prompt. To continue the setup, please select ‘I agree’ .
- Now comes Google’s “Terms and conditions”. Please, accept to continue.
- If you want to set up a PIN, then enter it and select ‘Next’. If you would like to also set up a screen lock, please select “Screen Lock Options”. Select your desired Screen lock option and follow on screen prompts. To continue without a screen lock, select ‘Skip’. Now , select ‘Continue’ to continue the setup process.
- Here comes the ‘Google Assistant’ prompt. Select ‘Skip’ or ‘Agree’.
- Now comes the ‘Access your Assistant’ prompt, select ‘Skip’ or ‘Agree’.
- Next comes the ‘Anything Else?’ prompt. If you don’t have any additional services to add, select ‘No Thanks’.
- Now, review the carrier’s prompt and select ‘Accept’.
- Now choose a theme and select ‘Next’.
- Select ‘Done’ to complete the setup process.
Activate Your Free Government Galaxy S9 Phone Using A SIM Card
- First, insert the SIM card into your phone’s SIM slot.
- Now, turn on your phone.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to activate your SIM card. Provide the following information: your SIM card number, PIN, PUK, carrier name, and APN, etc.
- Once your SIM card is activated, you can make and receive calls, send and receive text messages, and use data services.
Here are some tips that you have to remember when activate your SIM card:
- Make sure that the SIM card is properly inserted into your phone.
- Make sure that you are entering the correct SIM card number and other relevant information.
- If you are using a prepaid SIM card, make sure that you have enough credit on your account.
- If you are still having trouble activating your SIM card, then you may contact your wireless carrier for assistance.
How To Avoid Common Mistakes When Applying For A Free Government Phone
When applying for a free government Galaxy S9 phone , you may make some common mistakes. Let’s have a look on these and see how to avoid these:
- Check your application carefully. Check that all the spellings are correct.
- Check all the information given in the application is correct and authentic,
- Make sure you have collected all documents.
- Make sure only one application is submitted from your household.
- Keep your application well organized.
- Avoid attaching Blurry and unclear photocopies of documents.
- After the application, regularly follow it up.
Ways To Get A Free Galaxy S9 Phone Apart From The Government Program
There are some alternative ways to get Free Galaxy S9 phone apart from the government and for free:
- You can participate in contests and giveaways and win a free Samsung Galaxy S9 Phone.
- Sometimes many companies offer trade in deals. You can take the opportunity to exchange an old device with a new or refurbished Samsung Galaxy S9.
- You can refer your friends and relatives about any company’s products and services. If the company makes profit through this referral, they may give you a Samsung Galaxy S9 Phone.
- You can participate in online surveys of any Tech Company and win a Galaxy S9 phone.
- You can participate in beta testing programs of any company and get a free Galaxy S9 phone as a reward.
How long does it take to receive a free Galaxy S9 government phone after applying?
After you have applied online for the Galaxy S9 phone through the Affordable Connectivity Program, your application can be approved immediately. If you applied via mail, it might take several business days to be approved. If you apply directly through your service provider, your application may be approved within 2 to 3 business days. After approval, your carrier will ship your free phone and you may receive it within 7 to 10 business days.
Can I Get a free Galaxy S9 government phone directly from Samsung?
Not really. You know that Samsung is only a manufacturer, and does not give out free government phones. To get a free Galaxy S9 government phone, you must apply and get approval from an ACP service provider.
What additional benefits can I get with a free Galaxy S9 government phone?
When you receive your free phone, you will get additional benefits such as free talk minutes, free texts and free monthly data. Some providers also offer free hotspot data every month.
Are there any fees associated with a free Galaxy S9 government phone?
Not really. The Galaxy S9 government phone from the ACP program is completely free. Therefore, there is no fee associated with this device.
Can I switch service providers after receiving a free galaxy S9 government phone?
Yes, the federal communications commission has allowed lifeline or ACP members to transfer to another provider anytime without hindrance