TruConnect is a popular wireless service provider committed to making communication affordable, flexible, and accessible to all. With available plans like Lifeline program, ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program), and Pay-As-You-Go, communication couldn’t be any easier or more flexible.
However, to enjoy the company’s communication service and the benefits that come with using TruConnect, you need to first activate your SIM. This sounds easy, but you might run into some difficulties while attempting the task.
Luckily, the purpose of this article is to provide information on how to activate your TruConnect SIM, troubleshoot issues that come with activation, and describe the benefits you can enjoy afterwards.
Ensure 4 Important Things Before Activation TruConnect SIM Card
First off, congratulations on finally getting your TruConnect SIM card. With it, you can enjoy free monthly internet service and unlimited calls and texts, including international calls.
Now that you have your SIM card, there are some things you need to do before finally activating it. They will be highlighted below.
- Make sure your device is unlocked: If you are bringing your own device, you need to make sure it isn’t locked to a network. If it is, the device should be unlocked first before activating your SIM. However, if you are using a TruConnect phone, you need not worry about this.
- Check your phone or device compatibility: You also need to check your phone’s compatibility with TruConnect. It must be capable of using SIM cards (GSM technology) and not CDMA. So, ensure device compatibility before attempting TruConnect activation.
- Read and understand the TruConnect activation process: You should refer to the next section on how to activate your SIM card. With this knowledge, you can confidently activate your SIM on your device. If you own a tablet, continue reading to learn how to activate your TruConnect tablet.
- Your device is charged: It goes without saying that your device needs to be charged before you can proceed with TruConnect SIM activation. So, if it isn’t already, you should connect to a power source.
Finally, if you are activating your SIM through the TruConnect customer service team, make sure to have all the relevant information and documents ready. A rule of thumb is to have all documents relating to the SIM card and its kit at hand. By doing this, you will be equipped to provide answers to any questions.
Follow The Steps For TruConnect Activation
As a new customer, it is not enough to get the TruConnect Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) card, you have to activate it before it can be used on your phone.
In order to activate your SIM, there are some steps that you should follow that will be highlighted below.
- Switch off your phone and properly insert the TruConnect SIM card.
- Turn your phone back on after properly inserting the TruConnect SIM card into your phone.
- Click on the call icon on your phone and launch the caller app.
- Dial and call 611 on your phone.
- Wait for the confirmation message reading “Welcome to TruConnect.”
- You have now successfully activated your TruConnect SIM card and can start using it like any other smartphone for calls, texts, and browsing the web.
Other ways of activating your TruConnect SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) card are by reaching out to the customer service team or by activating it in-store. You can reach customer service through another phone by dialing (800) 430-0443 and asking for assistance. You should also have your personal information and phone ID at hand because they will be needed during the TruConnect activation process.
If you prefer face-to-face assistance with your activation process, you can locate a nearest TruConnect store or any service facility. A sales representative would be able to provide you with the assistance you will need to activate your TruConnect SIM on your phone.
Here I Mention 2 Ways To Know Your TruConnect SIM Card Activated or Not
There are moments when you are unsure about your TruConnect SIM card status, whether it is activated or not. After all, without activation, you cannot enjoy the benefits that come with owning the TruConnect SIM card. In light of such doubts, what you can do is check your SIM card activation status.
- The first approach is to insert your SIM ( Subscriber Identity Module ) card into the phone’s SIM slot. You need to double check that it is properly inserted into the slot. If your phone connects to the carrier’s network, it means the SIM card is active.
- Another approach you can use to confirm if your SIM card is activated is by calling customer service, which can be the carrier’s or TruConnect’s. This is a more definite way of checking the status of our SIM. By following this approach, you have the opportunity to discuss with the company’s staff, who have first-hand knowledge of answering queries related to the activation of your SIM. Hence, this makes them the perfect resource because they have all the right answers to questions about activating your SIM.
Follow This 3 Troubleshoot Method if Still Your TruConnect SIM Card is not Activated
If you still have difficulties with your SIM card activation even after attempting the steps illustrated above, you can try some of these approaches.
- Sometimes, the problem can be easily fixed by merely opening the SIM slot and putting the SIM card back into its slot. However, this time, make sure that it is inserted correctly.
- Another thing you can do if your SIM card is yet to be activated is to ensure the compatibility of your phone with the network.
- Finally, contacting TruConnect customer service may be the last resort if all else fails. They will give you troubleshooting options as well as instructions on how to proceed.
If You Want To Activated Your TruConnect Tablet Device, Here is The Steps
With different tablet brands, the first step in setting up and activating your TruConnect tablet is identifying the OS; whether it is Android or iOS.
After identifying the tablet’s operating system, you can then proceed to search for, download, and install the TruConnect application. If your tablet’s OS is Android, go to your phone’s Play Store; for iOS, go to the App Store.
After installing and opening the application, you can now activate your TruConnect tablet.
If You Need Setup TruConnect Data Plans Follow The Instruction
After successfully activating your TruConnect SIM card, you will require data plans to surf the internet and take advantage of its limitless offerings. You can setup your TruConnect data plan by visiting the website at www.truconnect.com. You can choose from their pay-as-you-go options, which come without a contract. Customers can pay for the internet services using their debit card.
The good news is that with ACP approval, eligible households also can enjoy these internet services for free.
The Benefits of Using TruConnect Services
To enjoy TruConnect services, you will need their SIM card. After activating your TruConnect SIM card, the benefits up for grabs include making calls, sending messages, surfing the internet, and using your favorite social media applications, among others. As TruConnect one of the beneficiaries of the ACP or Lifeline program, you get to enjoy free unlimited text and talk in addition to free monthly internet services. Finally, you get to enjoy internet speeds up to 5G, which is significantly faster than 4G or 3G.
Do TruConnect phones come with a SIM card?
Yes, TruConnect phones come with a SIM card. However, if you own a phone already and don’t wish to change it, you can just purchase the SIM card by TruConnect. You can use the SIM card with your compatible phone and enjoy the services.
What Kind of SIM Card Does TruConnect Use?
The wireless service provider is GSM-supported. As a result, it can be used with any unlocked GSM phone. The alternative to the Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM) is Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA). The key difference between the two is that the former has a removable SIM card, whereas the latter doesn’t. They both have their pros and cons, but to answer the question, TruConnect makes use of GSM SIM cards in different sizes.
Can My TruConnect SIM Card be Inserted into Another Phone?
Yes, you can use a different device with your free or purchased TruConnect SIM card. Its compatibility with the phone means you can make use of it. Compatibility entails the phone being unlocked and employing GSM technology. So, getting the TruConnect SIM card doesn’t mean you have to get their phone too, because it can be used with other compatible devices. However, setting up your TruConnect SIM account on a device is final and cannot be transferred to another device.
Does TruConnect have a SIM activation fee?
Yes, there is, but it is a one-time fee. The activation fee for new or transferred accounts is $39. However, if you are eligible to receive TruConnect’s free SIM card or phone, you don’t have to pay a SIM activation fee.
How long does it take to activate TruConnect SIM card?
Activating your TruConnect SIM might sound like a task that could take a whole day or thereabouts to complete, but in reality it isn’t. Within a few minutes, you can complete the TruConnect activation process and start enjoying communication service on your device.