TruConnect is one of the leading lifeline providers to serve eligible customers’ lifeline benefits. The company uses T-Mobile’s network and as T-Mobile has wide coverage throughout the country, TruConnect also has a wide coverage of most of the areas of the US. The company offers a vast selection of phones from basic flip phones to advanced androids and iPhones. Consumers always have two options to use TruConnect phones. They can either bring their own phone to the BYOP program or purchase one directly from TruConnect. You can also take the opportunity of TruConnect Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP). For this, you must purchase a BYOP SIM card and activate it to use with TruConnect.
Things To Do Before Enrolling TruConnect Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) Program
- Check Compatibility & Unlocked Condition: A phone that is locked in a specific carrier cannot be used with other carriers. A vital requirement for BYOP phone usage is to make sure that it is unlocked and compatible with TruConnect.
- Check Coverage: As TruConnect uses T- mobile network, it has outstanding country-wide coverage. T-mobile’s 4G LTE network linked 97% of US citizens. Their 5G network serves over 80% of the total population. Although you should check out the coverage map on their website to see if you have adequate coverage in your location.
- If possible check everything else: you should read reviews, Terms, and conditions, Return policy, Guarantee, etc. before the activation of the TruConnect BYOP SIM card if possible. It can be beneficial.
Follow The Process To Check Your Phone Eligibility For TruConnect Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) Program
To use your phone in the Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) program, your existing phone must be unlocked and compatible with TruConnect. The only thing you need to do is to install the TruConnect BYOP SIM card in your device and activate it to enjoy the service of TruConnect. As the UNLOCKED condition is an essential criterion for using TruConnect service, so, let’s simply know how to check if a phone is unlocked or not. You simply insert a SIM card from a different carrier into your mobile phone. If the Phone is locked, you may get an invalid SIM notification. So, go to your wireless provider and request them to unlock your device. After unlocking, you can happily use your phone with TruConnect.
The other essential criterion to using TruConnect SIM with your own phone is that your phone must be compatible with T-mobile’s network. But TruConnect does not have a convenient compatibility check process online. Generally, any unlocked phone would work fine with TruConnect. The only way to be sure of compatibility is to contact their customer service. An expert can answer you correctly.
Now The Question Comes, How To Activated Your TruConnect BYOP SIM Card And Phone
All your TruConnect services are linked with your TruConnect BYOP SIM card. This SIM card allows you to make necessary phone calls, send important text messages and access the internet. After you have successfully activated your TruConnect BYOP SIM card and Phone, you will be able to use all of the benefits of TruConnect service.
Activation Method of TruConnect BYOP SIM Card And Phone
You can activate your TruConnect Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) in 3 ways.
- TruConnect BYOP SIM card and phone activation in-store: You can activate your TruConnect BYOP SIM card in person. Locate and go to a TrueConnect store near you and request the sales representative to assist you to activate your device and BYOP SIM card.
- TruConnect phone and BYOP SIM card Activation via Customer Care: You can activate your BYOP SIM card and phone with taking help from customer care service. Dial (800)430-0443 (available from Monday to Saturday and 5 am to 9 pm PST) from a different Phone and ask for assistance to activate your Phone and BYOP SIM card. In the process, you have to give your personal information and Phone ID. Ensure these are ready.
- Manually activate TruConnect Phone and SIM card: You can activate the phone and BYOP SIM card manually yourself. Just follow these steps:
- Turn off your device.
- Insert your TruConnect BYOP SIM card into your device.
- Turn on the device.
- Dial 611.
- When you dial 611, you will hear a message, “welcome to TruConnect”. If you do not get the message, then please contact customer care.
- Now, go to phone settings and look for the “Wireless & Network” or “Network &Internet” section.
- In the “Wireless & Network” or “Network & Internet” Sections, find the “Mobile Network” or “Cellular Network” sub-section and tap on it.
- In the “Mobile Networks” or “ Cellular Network” sub-section find the “Access Point Names” or ‘APNs’ option and tap on it.
- In the ‘APNs’ menu, you will see a list of APNs. Find the APN for TruConnect and tap on it.
- In the ‘Edit APNs ‘menu, make sure that the ‘APN Types’ field is set to ‘Default’.
- Now, tap on the save button.
If you follow the above procedure you can activate your TruConnect BYOP SIM card and Phone successfully. But sometimes, it happens that your phone gives an error message and cannot be activated. The possible reasons are:
- Your SIM card may be damaged or defective or you may not insert the SIM card in the SIM slot properly.
- Internet connection may be too slow or the server may be down.
- The phone may need to be reset.
Here I Mention The Advantage of TruConnect Bring Your Own Phone Program
Here is the benefits list of Enrolling TruConnect Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) Program:
- With the TruConnect Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) program, you can switch to any carrier at any time you like. It gives you financial freedom.
- The phone plans of TruConnect Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) are the most cheap cell phone plans that include everything you need.
- If you like to keep both your previous phone and Phone number, you can do so with TruConnect BYOP.
- If your old phone works great and you like to keep it.
- You may wish to get a cell phone model that TruConnect does not offer or sell.
- You have a weakness in your old phone so you want to keep it.
As In The Previous Section, I Mention TruConnect BYOP Cheap Plans, Here The Details Of These Plans
- Unlimited Plans: You can choose one or more unlimited Plans from many BYOP plans. If you are hungry for data, you can choose affordable unlimited plans and save a good amount of money.
- Basic Plan: If you make few calls, send numerous messages and barely go online, you can purchase a Basic Plan.
- Talk and Text only Plans: If you need only talk and text and no data, you can choose this plan. You can save a big amount of money by not paying for data.
To save monthly phone bills, it is a cost-effective way to switch to TruConnect with cheap BYOP plans. In the Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) program, you can switch to TruConnect and enjoy cheap plans that best suits your need.
It is asked by a lot of customers if they bring their own phone with TruConnect, is TruConnect offers low and user-friendly plans under Lifeline or Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). The answer to this question is yes, you can bring your own phone and get Lifeline and ACP benefits.
Note : If you previously knew the criteria for TruConnect lifeline and ACP you can skip this part.
Here You Will Know About The Requirements of TruConnect Lifeline And ACP
Before Applying for TruConnect lifeline facilities you must prove yourself eligible for the lifeline and ACP program. For your concern, here are given the criteria for Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity (ACP) Program:
Eligibility Requirements for TruConnect Lifeline Program
- Consumers may qualify for the Lifeline program if they have a gross household income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- If the applicants participate in any of the following government programs, they will be qualified for a lifeline.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA).
- Veterans and survivors’ Pension Benefits.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance.
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF).
- Tribal Head Start.
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR).
Eligibility for for TruConnect Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
- Consumers qualify for the affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) through participation in a Lifeline or a Lifeline qualifying program, having an income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- If the applicant participates in the free or reduced-price school lunch or breakfast Program.
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Applicant received a Federal Pell Grant in the current Award Year.
If you qualify for the above Lifeline or ACP programs, you can apply for TruConnect Lifeline or ACP.
What phones are compatible with TruConnect BYOP SIM cards?
As TruConnect uses T-mobile and Sprint’s network, any Unlocked GSM or CDMA phones are compatible with TruConnect BYOP SIM cards (Theoretically).
Can I use my own phone on TruConnect?
Yes, you can use your own phone on TruConnect. You need to purchase a SIM card and activate it to use on your own device.
How do I know if the SIM card is compatible with my phone?
To decide on a compatible SIM card for your phone, you need to know the size of the SIM card of your phone. SIM cards are of three sizes: Standard, Micro, and Nano. You should consider which size you need.
How do I get my TruConnect Phone number?
You can get your TruConnect Phone number by signing up for a TruConnect Account. You have to provide some information including your name, email address, etc. Once you have created your TruConnect account you will be able to choose your phone number.
Can I upgrade my TruConnect Phone?
You can upgrade any time you wish to. To upgrade your phone please call our customer care service and request an upgrade. You can choose a phone from our latest and greatest collection, including, Samsung, Google Pixel, LG, Motorola etc. famous brands.