My friend Joseph has a TruConnect lifeline provided phone. Yesterday , unfortunately his phone’s SIM card was broken. He takes a lot of tension about it. But I finally assured him that as he is a lifeline customer, he will get a new replacement SIM from TruConnect for free of charge. Now he is happy and tension free. He will apply for a Replacement SIM soon and expects a new SIM within a couple of days. This same thing can happen to your life also.
The MVNO, TruConnect, offers Free Cell phones with unlimited talk, text and data to eligible lifeline customers under T-Mobile’s network. If you are a TruConnect consumer, you always have the opportunity to get a replacement SIM if your SIM is damaged , missing or stolen.
Here I Mention 3 Common Reasons To Replace Your TruConnect SIM Card
There are 3 common reasons for sim card replacement. Possible reasons are:
- If your SIM card is missing or stolen: If your TruConnect SIM card is missing or stolen, then you have to inform your local authority, along with TruConnect customer care as early as possible. As early as you inform the customer care, they deactivate it temporarily and save your money and also security. If your phone is permanently missing or stolen and you can’t recover it in no way, then the TruConnect authority permanently deactivate the SIM and thus you need a Replacement SIM to continue the service.
- If your SIM is damaged: If your SIM is damaged for any reason, such as you can’t place it properly in the SIM slot, or the chip of the SIM is scratched or broken, then you can no longer use it and you need a Replacement SIM.
- It is also possible that your SIM stops working for unknown reasons, then you also need to replace it with a new SIM to keep your service ongoing.
Follow The Guide To Replace Your TruConnect Damaged or Missing SIM Card
- You can order and get a TruConnect replacement SIM card by contacting TruConnect customer support team at (800)430-0443.
- You can get a Replacement SIM card from a local store of TruConnect.
TruConnect Replacement SIM activation and a new SIM activation process is the same. If your SIM is lost, stolen or damaged, then you can apply for a Replacement SIM. And if you are a lifeline consumer, you can get the SIM free of cost. So , if your SIM is missing, stolen or damaged, in other words, it is out of work, then donot hesitate to apply for a new Replacement SIM and activate it with the processes described in this article.
After Received Your TruConnect Replacement SIM Card Follow The Steps To Replace SIM Card on Your Phone
Replace your TruConnect SIM card properly on your phone by following these procedure:
- Locate the SIM card tray on your phone. The tray is usually located near the battery or on the side of the phone.
- Turn off your phone and remove the battery (if possible).
- Using a SIM card ejector tool or a small, bent paperclip, gently press the SIM tray open. If you don’t have a SIM card ejector tool, you can use a small, bent paperclip.
- Carefully remove the old SIM card from the tray and discard it.
- Take the new SIM card and place it in the tray with the gold-colored contacts facing down.
- Carefully push the SIM tray back into the phone until it clicks into place.
- Reinsert the battery (if applicable) and turn on the phone.
- Follow the prompts to set up the phone with the new SIM card. This may include entering your SIM card’s PIN code or activating the SIM card through TruConnect website or mobile app.
- Once the phone is set up with the new SIM card, you should be able to use it to make calls, send text messages, and access the internet.
Please note: A SIM kit comes with SIMs of three sizes. Standard , Micro and Nano. Choose the right size that fits your SIM slot.
After Replacement A TruConnect SIM Card You Have To Activate Your SIM Card
TruConnect SIM kit comes with details instructions for how to activate your SIM card. You can follow those instructions or simply follow this guideline given below to activate your SIM card.
You can activate your TruConnect SIM card in three different ways.
- Option:1: Visit your nearest TruConnect store and ask a sales person to help you activating your SIM card. You can find a nearby TruConnect store at truconnect.com/locations .
- Option:2: Call their customer support service at (800) 430- 0443( available from Monday to Saturday from 5 AM to 9 PM PST) and request a representative to help you with the activation process.
- Option:3: Follow the steps below to activate the SIM:
- Turn off the phone. Open the SIM slot carefully. Place the SIM gently and carefully into the SIM slot. Then close the SIM slot.
- Now, turn your mobile phone on.
- From dial pad Dial 611.
If all these processes are done successfully, then you should receive a text message, “Welcome to TruConnect”. After getting the welcome message , the next thing that you should do is set up the APN settings.
If you donot get this welcome message then contact the customer care service.
If you face any issues or difficulties regarding activation then you can contact:
- A local store. You can find them at : truconnect.com/locations.
- Company’s customer service at truconnect.com/contact-us.
- Or by Phone at (800)430-0443.
Before seeking help, you may restart your device, as this may complete the activation process.